#1 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

I just looked at DC's website and it says #5 isn't coming out til the 31st of December....wth?

#2 Edited by EnigmaLantern (718 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, and issue 6 only comes out on the 29th of January. I think issue 5 is the last delayed release, after that it should return to normal by the looks of the release dates for both issue 6 and 7.

Out of interest, what other titles is Jim Lee working on that keeps delaying the release of Unchained? I'm pretty sure it isn't Snyder seeing as writers normally have to prepare a story a few months in advance to the release of the title, only person I could see delaying this title is Jim Lee.

I'm really enjoying the title, but I can't enjoy it as much as I'd like when there are constant delays, and especially with Greg Pak doing great work in Action Comics and BM/SM, as well as Charles Soules doing great work as well in WW/SM, it's hard not to substitue Unchained for one of those titles..

#3 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@enigmalantern: Jim Lee is Co-publisher of DC entertainment, Its already a big deal that he's doing this book, yea delays are a real b!tch but he must be really working his a$$ off. Can't be helped.

#4 Posted by EnigmaLantern (718 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: Point taken. I just hope his hard-work pays off in the title's art.

#5 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: oh ok I didn't know he was publisher. I thought he was just being lazy and dragging his feet

#6 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point is actually rather have someone else draw the book.

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17288 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, at this point, Lee is getting very lazy, I'd rather have someone like Paul pelletier, at least he gets things done on time.

#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20014 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I'm not a huge Lee fan. But changing the art would ruin everything. I don't mind the delays either as its not my favorite book.

#9 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I'd rather they let Ed Benes or Ivan Reis draw it. I'm tired of the wait.

#10 Posted by EnigmaLantern (718 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I'm not a huge Lee fan. But changing the art would ruin everything. I don't mind the delays either as its not my favorite book.

What is your current Supes favourite title, and the one you'd most recommend currently?

I might just get this story arc and then drop the title for another Supes title.

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20014 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@allstarsuperman: I'd rather they let Ed Benes or Ivan Reis draw it. I'm tired of the wait.

NO!!!!!! The only thing this book has for me is its signature look, take that away, and it will become on of my read online series....

#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20014 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

What is your current Supes favourite title, and the one you'd most recommend currently?

I might just get this story arc and then drop the title for another Supes title.

Umm? none, tbh. I dropped Batman/Superman because of Brett Booths art and that the next arc is a crossover I don't care about. Superman I dropped for Psi-war cause it looked stupid, which I heard it was, I got back on for Return to Krypton, but then I am off again. Superman/WonderWoman looks promising and has amazing art, and has Zod coming up, so its pretty good. Actions Comics seems to be getting good again, but Aaron Kuders are stinks like old tomato juice. I would say Smallville is the best Superman book. And if your interested in it is relaunching this week with a miniseries called Smallville Alien.

#13 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

NO!!!!!! The only thing this book has for me is its signature look, take that away, and it will become on of my read online series....

QFT

#14 Edited by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

It's business as usual for Jim Lee, but hey, he can get away with it, why? He's Jim Goddamn Lee, his art is worth it, don't like it? cry about it.

#15 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@laserlambert:

I would have agreed a while back but his new 52 art has not been as good as his previous work

#16 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, Unchained isnt even in my top 3 Superman books. If it wasnt so hyped it would be #4 but because it was overhyped it's sits at #5.

#17 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, Unchained isnt even in my top 3 Superman books. If it wasnt so hyped it would be #4 but because it was overhyped it's sits at #5.

Good post.

#18 Posted by Dud317 (286 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: @enigmalantern: @sog7dc: If I'm not mistaken his wife recently had a baby. That first month or so is very challenging, so he should be back on track very soon.

#19 Posted by Z3RO180 (6311 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is everyone saying change the art, when not to long ago we where all praying for Jim Lee to do the art on an ongoing superman title ?

#20 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180:

Well for me it's two reasons

1. His art isn't nearly as good as it was when he did for tomorrow or Allstar batman

2. He's taking such a long time to do the issues.

#21 Posted by Z3RO180 (6311 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: No offence but those are not very good reasons. He is a publisher as well so he most likely has a lot on his plate.

#22 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180:

Which is a good reason for him to be off of the book. Nobody is making him do the book. IMO if he can't give it his best then he shouldn't do it at all.

#23 Posted by Z3RO180 (6311 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Yet again another bad reason. If he thought he couldn't do it he wouldn't do.

#24 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: well that's your opinion. Nothing about my reasons are objectively bad. And IMO if his quality and punctuality is suffering then that is evidence that he can't do it

#25 Posted by Z3RO180 (6311 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: No it's common sense. Jim lee is one of the publishers, that means he has a lot of responsibilities at DC Comics. If he could not do it he would have gave the art duties to another artist.

#26 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180:

Call it why you want but it's still just an opinion. His quality is lacking compared to what he is capable of and he is consistently late. If that's not an indication of not being able to adequately do something idk what is. If you hired someone to do a job and they were late and the quality of the work wasn't up to par with their previous work, what would you do?

#27 Posted by Z3RO180 (6311 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: How is his work not as good as it used to be ?

#28 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: I gotta agree with @sog7dc i don't mind the delays cause i know hes a busy man but imo his Justice League work is better than unchained. the way i see it is he goes all out on some pages and panels and really puts in a lot of time on those and then the rest is just 'get it done'...thats what it looks like to me anyway. Plus when did Jim Lee's work get so line-y?

#29 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: read for tomorrow and Allstar batman and robin and his XMEN run and te drop off in quality is obvious. That's an opinion but many others share that opinion with me

#30 Posted by EnigmaLantern (718 posts) - - Show Bio

@dud317: Fair point, I forgot about that. Anywho, from issue 5 onwards it looks like the following issues will be on track so all should be okay *fingers crossed*

@enigmalantern said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Umm? none, tbh. I dropped Batman/Superman because of Brett Booths art and that the next arc is a crossover I don't care about. Superman I dropped for Psi-war cause it looked stupid, which I heard it was, I got back on for Return to Krypton, but then I am off again. Superman/WonderWoman looks promising and has amazing art, and has Zod coming up, so its pretty good. Actions Comics seems to be getting good again, but Aaron Kuders are stinks like old tomato juice. I would say Smallville is the best Superman book. And if your interested in it is relaunching this week with a miniseries called Smallville Alien.

Sounds pretty interesting, Smallville Alien. Might get it, thanks. What would be your current rating of Superman/WonderWoman currently? (I know it's early but still..)

#31 Posted by The_Tree (7209 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally with you on Batman/Superman. I'll be back when Jae Lee is.

#32 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

You think this is a delay? People have waited a much longer time for Danger Club issue 6. Although the delay for SU means people won't know whats going on without rereading.

#33 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

there are this delays 'cause he is having another child...so lets give the man the time he needs since his art deserves it ( it isn't as strong as it was in the past but it is still pretty good)

#34 Edited by Bezza (3373 posts) - - Show Bio

I dropped Batman/Superman coz the story was just too weird! Shame about delay for unchained, but I've got superman/Wonder Woman to keep me amused for a bit!