Superman Unchained #9 Solicit.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon

Finally the 9th issue (at least) got a date, now keeping it is another part...
The cover looks excellent and the lack of bold lines show that how much better the suit would look without them. Also Super-Lois? Again? Or just a cover gimmick.

No Caption Provided

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Art and wraparound cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS

1:25 Variant wraparound cover by DAVID FINCH

1:50 Variant wraparound cover by BRYAN HITCH

1:100 B&W Variant wraparound cover by JIM LEE

Blank variant cover

RESOLICIT • On sale SEPTEMBER 10 • 40 pg, FC, $4.99 US

RATED T • Combo pack edition: $5.99 US • FINAL ISSUE

Retailers: This issue will ship with six covers. Please see the order form for more information. This issue is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.

This is it – the extraordinary, extra-sized finale of Scott Snyder and Jim Lee’s Superman saga, surrounded by an epic wraparound cover! It’s a battle in the sun as Superman and Wraith accept their destinies…and Lex Luthor pulls the trigger on his ultimate weapon!

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Superguy1591

Jim Lee can work a pencil, it takes him a while, but it's purrty.

God, I hate Lois!

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I HAVE A NEW DESKTOP BACKGROUND

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Didn't even notice Lois at first. Anyway, I'm very excited for issue 7 and to see this series continue. Its been a while.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmashBrawler

@squalleon said:

On sale SEPTEMBER 10

Sounds legit.

PFFT

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That cover is awesome

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I wonder how much I could sell this entire run for?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

FINALLY, SUPERMAN UNCHAINED 9 IS SOLICITATED! (ahem) The cover does look absolutely gorgeous, by far one of Lee's best works to date. It's only a shame it took him so damn long to do so. Still, I have a new desktop background that looks damn awesome. Hopefully, there'll be a good reason for this shift into a cosmic war tone though Snyder hasn't disappointed me with his storytelling thus far. Even more hopefully, the last 3 issues of Unchained can actually be released on time as they're solicited to for a change. And that Snyder actually ends his story well. He's not so good at endings.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

On sale SEPTEMBER 10

Sounds legit.

PFFT

My way of calculating the delays is adding two months to the solicit date :-P

@lvenger said:

He's not so good at endings.

His record is really bad when it comes to endings. I hope his Lex Luthor sub-plot doesn't fail because it seems like it is a huge part of the last act.

Currently, not much, pretty much the same amount it costed you.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By SaintWildcard

@squalleon said:

Currently, not much, pretty much the same amount it costed you.

SWEET! Papa needs a new pair of socks

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@squalleon: i was like DAT DARKSEID!?!?!?! then i realised it was just some Wraith bullshit...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a comic art with superman in it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Tell me about it, Death of The Family was a massive letdown in every way. I admit it was pretty good for the first few issues but by the end, Snyder had burst his own bubble with an anti climatic ending and a failed justification for the death of the Bat family. I'm still annoyed as to why the Bat family is splintered apart to this day. It baffles me that IGN gave the final issue a 10 out of 10.

As for the Lex subplot, Snyder did say that it would be back in a big way in next month's issue. I just hope it can be factored into the main plot well.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: Tell me about it, Death of The Family was a massive letdown in every way. I admit it was pretty good for the first few issues but by the end, Snyder had burst his own bubble with an anti climatic ending and a failed justification for the death of the Bat family. I'm still annoyed as to why the Bat family is splintered apart to this day. It baffles me that IGN gave the final issue a 10 out of 10.

As for the Lex subplot, Snyder did say that it would be back in a big way in next month's issue. I just hope it can be factored into the main plot well.

I feel that people praise Snyder's Batman just because it is his Batman. Its like everyone has been hypnotised by the hype behind the book.
DotF was a classic horror, slasher story with OOC characters and idiotic sub-plots. I think I have read an article about DotF being homophobic. And of course FtBB's awesome last issue review.

Me too, its been left out for so long and with all these delays it feels even longer. I just hope that it will be interesting since I pretty much know where it is going (or I think so).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I feel that people praise Snyder's Batman just because it is his Batman. Its like everyone has been hypnotised by the hype behind the book.

DotF was a classic horror, slasher story with OOC characters and idiotic sub-plots. I think I have read an article about DotF being homophobic. And of course FtBB's awesome last issue review.

Me too, its been left out for so long and with all these delays it feels even longer. I just hope that it will be interesting since I pretty much know where it is going (or I think so).

I do see the merits behind Snyder's Batman run but outside of Court of Owls, I have honestly found his Unchained work to be better than his Batman work. I enjoy reading Unchained not just because it's a Superman book but a good story with solid plots, sub plots and themes running across the mini series. And man you reminded me of Fade's absolutely amazing review of that last issue. I wouldn't link it to Snyder himself as it's not exactly written amicably but to supporters of that story, Fade's review tears any notion of quality in that story to shreds. It's by far one of his best reviews on here.

Oh really? Would you care to share your thoughts/PM me them? I'd be interested in your theory as I only have one possible idea as to what role Lex and Jimmy play in the overall story.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

September 10? Damn that feels too far away...better then nothing tho. At least I'll get it by September 13, just in time for my birthday.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SanoHibiki

So, we got 3 remaining issues, and Snyder had to complete his General Lane, Lois, Wraith, Trinity, what looks like alien invasion and Lex Luthor’ storylines. 9-th issue had to be super-mega sized for that lol plus I’m getting a feeling of impending cliffhanger.

@squalleon:

My way of calculating the delays is adding two months to the solicit date :-P

Sadly this. Oh well, Unchained still would be completed in this year; I was starting to doubt...

Also Super-Lois? Again? Or just a cover gimmick.

No Caption Provided

It just like this cover to the fifth issue, to put emphasis on Lois’ role in this story; after all, Unchained happens before Forever Evil.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger@squalleon Interesting to read your thoughts on Snyder's Batman....I was flicking through the Death of the family TP at the weekend and just thought it was a mess, didn't appeal at all. I then read through the classic Death in the Family in Waterstones on Saturday and thought it was very good, far superior in my opinion. One bit especially was funny, the bit where Batman hit Superman and almost broke his hand---!.

..Anyway good to see solicits for Unchained at last...boy how long has it been since the last issue? 3 months?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Squalleon

@sanohibiki:Maybe. It is all a hypothesis.

@bezza: There is this review (follow link) by fellow viner Fade to Black Bolt. Which captures why DotF was a mess.I am not really a fan of Snyder's Bats. I hate how overhyped it is for such a mediocre book. CoO ended badly, DotF was completely bad and Zero year was okay throughout the first two arcs and only picked up in the third. So I don't get how it gets 10 out of 10 and no ones sees its faults (Which are plenty).

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Yep 3 months+ now. March was the last time we had an Unchained issue come out. As for my thoughts on Death of the Family, I'm also baffled as to how it gets perfect marks by reviewers. It was faulty, convoluted, unnecessarily dragged out and came to a stuttering and anti climatic conclusion that was unfulfilling to say the least. I understand why people like Snyder's Batman writing but this was definitely not one of his best works.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Superguy1591

In like Snyder's Batman, I just don't like reading Batman. His Court of Owls was 100x better than Unchained to me.

As far as DotF, I did notice the homoerotic undertones he wrote Joker with, but Joker has always had some gay love for Batman.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By redwingx

Super Lois?

WHY? And what is Darksied doing here?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

And what is Darksied doing here?

That's Wraith.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Believe me, that all Lois using the Earth stone and gaining powers is the biggest mistake I've seen so far in Superman Unchained. I mean supes that has sun stone tech, was never ever able to use the crystals to influence technology like that, or at least to give him extra powers. But there comes Lois and her earth stone, fully powered.

Its idiocy without end.

Isn't DC already pushing this rope a little too much?! First in the Superman comics, when she gained psychic powers, powers I might add that were killing most of the humans that were exposed to brainiac technology. It seems DC wants to give powers to Lois by any means.

Finnaly we're gonna learn the truth behind Wraith, although I have a idea of what that truth is.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Believe me, that all Lois using the Earth stone and gaining powers is the biggest mistake I've seen so far in Superman Unchained. I mean supes that has sun stone tech, was never ever able to use the crystals to influence technology like that, or at least to give him extra powers. But there comes Lois and her earth stone, fully powered.

Its idiocy without end.

Isn't DC already pushing this rope a little too much?! First in the Superman comics, when she gained psychic powers, powers I might add that were killing most of the humans that were exposed to brainiac technology. It seems DC wants to give powers to Lois by any means.

Finnaly we're gonna learn the truth behind Wraith, although I have a idea of what that truth is.

What is wrong with Lois gaining powers? It adds something to their dynamic.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually because it's "earth" stone might be why she gets powers,and superman might not.

Also Lois was exposed second hand to the brainiac stuff,not first hand,that might be why she is flourishing while the originals couldn't.