• 57 results
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Lvenger

Whilst looking on the DC Homepage for comics out next week, I noticed that DC had already updated 3 comics that will be released in April. It seems that Forever Evil #7 will be released on April 2nd presumably to complement the new Post Forever Evil status quo and more importantly, Superman Unchained #8 will now be released on April 9th. It seems that the series has fallen prey to yet another month's worth of delays which will no doubt generate more discontent and criticism over DC's release schedule and Jim Lee's late artwork for this series. According to Snyder, his and Lee's tenure is a 9 issue arc so that still means there's one more issue to go after this. Undoubtedly my fellow Superman fans, you guys aren't going to be best pleased with this news. So share and discuss your thoughts on this news below.

No Caption Provided

EDIT: Just checked the release dates for Superman Unchained #6 and it seems it will be pushed back to February 19th rather than coming out on January 29th.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH. Look, I love Jim Lee but if he wasn't prepared enough for this arc then he shouldn't have done it. It's definitely worth the delays because the story and art are both really good but it's just annoying.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Regrettably, I do agree with your position. I defended the first set of delays due to Lee's new child being born complicating his art schedule presumably. But this is just taking the biscuit with far too long delays. If the title is to survive outside of Snyder and Lee's star power, it needs a consistent and on track creative team.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By PapiNacho

@lvenger: I was thinking about this, and what I am taking away from all of Snyder's non-committal answers is that he wants to continue this series but hasn't got the inspiration for a future story arc. I think this delay might also be a buffer for him to get his creativity flowing. I really hope this series continues it has been my favorite Superman run of the new 52.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: It sounds like you're right there. Also, Snyder is now working on the next volume of American Vampire, The Wake, Wytches, Batman and Batman Eternal. That's 4 monthly titles and one weekly series meaning that any time for Superman has gone right out the window. Snyder consistently expressed even before it was announced that he was writing Unchained that Batman would come first in his writing priorities and clearly, that's the case here.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By PapiNacho

@lvenger: Snyder hast stated he is done scripting The Wake if I remember correctly. That filled me with some hope.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Lol :)
BB

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By GrenadeFlow

Dropping a book has never been this easy

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: I thought it was an ongoing and not a mini series? Ah well Snyder has said he would be interested in doing another arc, even with Jim Lee again so there's always good stuff in the future.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee: Regrettably, I do agree with your position. I defended the first set of delays due to Lee's new child being born complicating his art schedule presumably. But this is just taking the biscuit with far too long delays. If the title is to survive outside of Snyder and Lee's star power, it needs a consistent and on track creative team.

I think this book will survive just fine because I don't think these delays will affect the casual readers too much especially with this creative team. And once the next arc starts, it'll most likely become a monthly title and people will hop on again.

@lvenger said:

@papinacho: It sounds like you're right there. Also, Snyder is now working on the next volume of American Vampire, The Wake, Wytches, Batman and Batman Eternal. That's 4 monthly titles and one weekly series meaning that any time for Superman has gone right out the window. Snyder consistently expressed even before it was announced that he was writing Unchained that Batman would come first in his writing priorities and clearly, that's the case here.

Ahem! Charles Soule would like to exchange words at thee!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

D@mmit. I really like this book, this and AC are the only Superman books i care about at the moment. DC isn't making it easy to follow this book and I excuse Lee's delays when he has a baby underway but now it is plain annoying. At least put a filler issue drawn by someone else to fill the gap.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SandMan_

Jesus, Jim Lee is a slow artist...

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By 2cool4fun
No Caption Provided

I mean come on...the title has already been loosing readers because of the delays we already had, and now again? They really don't want it to survive after Snyder leaves do they?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

WAIT A MINUTE! Forever Evil will be delayed?! Well I'm annoyed.... oh and Unchained is too, I guess that sucks : /

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By SaintWildcard

It's gotten to the point where I forget I even have it on my pull list.... but then again I do buy like 20+ comics and Unchained i probably not even in my top 5 ATM

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@lvenger: Wake is only 10 issues I think.

This is a pretty huge bummer. The book really started to grab me with #4, but the days are brutal

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me this is not such bad news, because, as I already stated before several times, I partially disappointed in UC and because I already expected more delays (that’s Jim Lee we talking about, after all).

In any case, I want the current creative team – Snyder/Lee – to complete this story arc. Artists and writers on Supes’ titles changes way too often for my taste, so I appreciate some consistency (and quality), even at the cost of delays. While we waiting – well, there is Pak’s AC, Smallville isn’t too bad and some people like Soule’s work.

Must say that I concerned about UC’s future. After Snyder/Lee would leave it, DC better put some high level creative team. If that wouldn’t happen, I’m afraid that title won’t be able to endure potential drop of quality and will lose most of readers rather quickly. Fingers crossed that this wouldn’t be the case.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CaptainHoopla

I just wish I'd never started reading this and waited for the trade. Lesson finally learned, don't buy Jim Lee drawn monthlies. He should stick to variant covers, one-shots, annuals, etc. at this point.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Jim...

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By LyraFay

Doesn't Jim Lee like is one half of two who runs DC?! That's probably why he's late.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It better be good then.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

Yeah, I dropped this book some time ago. Not cause of the Delay, but because, I really didn't find the story that interesting. I'll stick to Action Comics and Smallville.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Yeah, I dropped this book some time ago. Not cause of the Delay, but because, I really didn't find the story that interesting. I'll stick to Action Comics and Smallville.

Same here. Also, Luthor did a little too much origami for my liking.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm sitting Unchained out till it gets collected. I'm just sick of this shit.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lifeofvibe

@sandman_: how? Why? Did you make me just throw up?

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Was going to post this right now. But I am pretty sad. I forgot what happened in the first two issues already.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still sticking the story out for this arc but after Snyder and Lee are done, I'm very likely to just switch to Action Comics instead. That's more consistent and Pak's story will soon be fleshed out enough to rival what Snyder's doing currently.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By toptom

..well,well,well....fu@k!

Even if this news doesn't come unespected i am still sad about it. It is clear that if jim has had another baby it is just obvious he can not give this book the time it needs and he doesn't even work fast when he hasn't other problems. Still,despite this constant and big delays, i won't drop what can be easily considered as the best new-52 book involving Superman(and i hope that other people will do the same), and if i am being totally honest i am happy that dc hasn't used another artist to help him: i want to collect this story in a trade format with just one artist on it.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EnigmaLantern

Oh this is always good to hear..

Whether Jim Lee has had a child, is one of the two guys running DC or whatever other reason he has for these delays, he still should of taken all this into account before signing himself up to be the artist for Unchained. It almost gives the impression that they want Unchained to fail.

Out of curiosity, what other DC titles are being or have been delayed as much as Unchained?

I just feel like all the interest is falling on Batman's 75th when they still should be getting work done on time for Superman's 75th celebratory ongoing title.

Likelihood is I will be collecting up to issue 9 to get this story arc and then drop the series. Pak's Action Comics looks better and better each month to being my top sole Superman solo title.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh this is always good to hear..

Whether Jim Lee has had a child, is one of the two guys running DC or whatever other reason he has for these delays, he still should of taken all this into account before signing himself up to be the artist for Unchained. It almost gives the impression that they want Unchained to fail.

Out of curiosity, what other DC titles are being or have been delayed as much as Unchained?

I just feel like all the interest is falling on Batman's 75th when they still should be getting work done on time for Superman's 75th celebratory ongoing title.

Likelihood is I will be collecting up to issue 9 to get this story arc and then drop the series. Pak's Action Comics looks better and better each month to being my top sole Superman solo title.

I feel that DC has shown very little care in regards to Superman in the new 52

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I highly agree, apart from Morrison's run on Action Comics, Diggle's short run on Action Comics and Pak's starting run on Action Comics, there haven't been any other good writing for Superman (no counting SU ofcourse). Superman has just been a dire title, which is sad when you take into consideration that, logically, Superman should be one of DCs flagship titles and therefore have some good writers on it, while it has actually had the opposite. Superman Unchained was one of the rare chances for Superman to have some good writing in the New 52 but it has been hugely hindered by all these delays.

Looking at the sales figures posted by @chisoxrox for each month, Superman Unchained loses up to 25-30,000 readers inbetween each release, which is ridiculous for a title that has been written pretty well.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman Unchained ends with issue nine :\

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Apparently it's been cancelled after issue 9...

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enigmalantern:

I believe the drop in sales is due to the delays and readers saying "well If I have to wait this long I'll wait for the trades and add a more consistent book to my pull list."

That and you reflected my sentiments. I would think that Justice league, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern having great writers and artists would be a foregone conclusion seeing as how they are DC's claims to fame. Without those characters I believe DC flops. Well maybe not flops but they have a more than significant drop off. And DC has handled one of their main assets extremely poorly. No consistency, no quality control, no creativity and they've stifled what appeared to be shaping up to be a great run by Andy Diggle. Superman hasn't had one memorable moment in the new 52 IMO. 20 years from now people will speak of Wonder Woman being Zeus' daughter, Damian dying, The End for the GLs, Forever Evil (even though it's dragging along as well), Flah and the Rogues, Aquaman and the throne of Atlantis, but Nothing, not even the origin, will be a fond memory of new 52 Superman. 3 years in and they've done nothing but make him a little less angry.......and that's my rant of pent up aggression against DC for their handling of my favorite character lol

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I was actually looking forward to Andy Diggle's run but DC managed to ruin even that. Action Comics has had some good writing, but like you say, nothing memorable so far. And it has been said that Superman Unchained will be cancelled after issue 9, what the hell DC. Keep Snyder as the writer but replace Jim Lee with someone else, don't cancel the title just because Lee can't keep up with the work.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enigmalantern:

Snyder doesn't view superman as a priority. He has the wake, American vampire, a new witch book, batman, and batman eternal. His plate has no room for superman

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By 2cool4fun

@arturocalakayvee said:

Superman Unchained ends with issue nine :\

@sovereign91001 said:

Apparently it's been cancelled after issue 9...

Oh yeah just great. F@ck DC man, just...f@cking f@ck them all.

How do they celebrate his 75th birthday? By giving him a comic in the middle of the year and being lazy f@ck's while making it. And then ending it after issue 9. Well that and giving him a comic with batman.

All while still not removing bad writers from "Superman" & "Superboy"

How do they celebrate the 75th birthday for the bats, give him a super sized detective comics 75, a weekly series filled with lots of great writers, and many, many other good stuff in and out of comics...while hoping that they can make spin off series from some characters that will apear in that comic ( more batman comics, woopty f@cking doo ). Seriously man it;s like the only priority for DC in their whole universe is for batman to have good writers and artists, if other comics that need a bit more to survive don't, well who the f@ck cares right? Batman's still going and that's all we need right?

And we are not even 1 month in the year, who knows what else the all mighty bat's will get. ( And no I do not hate batman, I am just pissed at how stupid, lazy, shallow & greedy the people who run DC are )

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun:

You're preaching to the choir. Superman isn't a priority for DC

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By 2cool4fun

@sog7dc: I know...but he should be...I mean last time I checked he was the most popular character they had for 60 years, then batman becomes more famous in the 90s and bam, lets forget about superman...I guess I'm just sad, angry & depressed cause unchained is ending ( and jim lee is lazy ), superboy is still shit, and lobdel won't get the f@ck of superman!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Bezza

I'm not bothered any more, I cancelled it and formally switched to Action Comics this month for my Superman title. Unchained has great art and has been great in parts, but its a slow burner and the delays make it burn ever slower!

Action Comics gives me a monster packed adrenaline junkie ride, under Pak!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By z3ro180

Ughhhhhhhhhhh ok fine I'll wait even longer....also a 9 issue story arc is just weird why not 10 ?

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Eternal19

...sigh. so Dc officially stands for detective comics again

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the best superman book out right now IMO. Jim Lee and Snyder on a book together are amazing

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: Whatever you've said on this thread is what i've been thinking for the past year, i mean i don't hate batman at all he's my second favorite but oh my God it's unfair and frustrating how much priority they give that whole line of books. Green arrow,WW, Aquaman alot the JL members books are (much!!!) better than Superman right now. I mean seriously if baman gets a huge fan who passionately writes awesome stories about him in Scott Snyder why not give Superman to someone like Tom Taylor,i keep pestering him on twitter to write a pitch for superman :P cause at the moment theres no hope for Mark Waid and TT is the only other admittedly huge superman fan that i know of and he's proven himself to be one helluva writer.....smh /end venting. Had a dream that Tom took on unchained with another great artist after snyder and lee were done.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By TDK_1997

As much as I love Jim Lee and his artwork he is terrible for ongoing series.He draws really slow and there are always delays or he just hands over the art duty to somebody else.It's a real shame that he is such a slow worker.