• 156 results
Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon

This week an 8 page sneak peak from the Superman related "Doomed" title will be featured in Convergence Superman #2.

I will update this thread regularly every time a Superman related preview is released.

Doomed:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Action Comics:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Bizarro:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Batman-Superman:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Superman/WonderWoman:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SaintWildcard

I'll be checking this out. I hope it's good, I like what I read so far

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jlarturo: he ooks a lot like the vultrumite... invincibles father.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this character hits it off, the Superman family needs to grow.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Superguy1591

@saintwildcard: I think it's big enough, they just need to make us care about them. Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Steele, Lana and Hiro are a pretty big supporting cast.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I think it's big enough, they just need to make us care about them. Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Steele, Lana and Hiro are a pretty big supporting cast.

Compared to the Batman family it isn't. I'm not saying to have 10+ characters, but enough to make an other group composed of Superman family characters. 6 is a nice number

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm betting that the speculation about Supergirl returning after the TV show are correct. DC is just as good if not better than Marvel when it comes to marketing their comics with TV/Movie stuff

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Don't forget Supergirl, Superboy and Krypto either. That's 11 primary members of the Superman family.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SaintWildcard

@superguy1591 said:

@saintwildcard: Don't forget Supergirl, Superboy and Krypto either. That's 11 primary members of the Superman family.

I didn't. That's only 2 (Krypto at best counts as .5), Batman has 7. I'm only counting people who are superheroes, not supporting cast.

EDT- I forgot about Steel

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Ah, okay, but that's because Batman needs sidekicks. Superman is Superman; he's never had a need for sidekicks.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Ah, okay, but that's because Batman needs sidekicks. Superman is Superman; he's never had a need for sidekicks.

While some started out as sidekicks, 6/7 are not his sidekicks. They are companions that are like him fighting crime. I want Superman to have that too but with a Morrison twist. Strange people with abilities that are tied to his Kryptonian roots. Teen DOom is a nice start. I want Superman to have Aquaman's equivalent of The Others, a side team.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

I didn't. That's only 2 (Krypto at best counts as .5), Batman has 7. I'm only counting people who are superheroes, not supporting cast.

Batman had two decades of world-building to go up to that number. Superman can't rush to a family.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: he can but it ends up as a very bad reality TV show on MTV

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: he can but it ends up as a very bad reality TV show on MTV

Well, my point is that everything takes time. Building takes time. Batman had a plethora of characters that didn't stick or characters that had years of character evolution to reach the point they are now.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:
@superguy1591 said:

Batman had two decades of world-building to go up to that number. Superman can't rush to a family.

Legion of Superheroes?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Squalleon

Legion of Superheroes?

They are mostly ignored, and their titles get cancelled the one after the other. But bad writing has also something to do with it.

Also the LoS can't be part of a normal storyline. Their "thing" is that they are from the future. You can't make them regular cast, like how Robin or Nightwing is to Batman.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not that hard to world build when one of the gimmicks is robins coming and going. I understand that we can't rush things, but they could at least take steps to creating family members from time to time. Teen Doom seems to be a by product of Doomed and it kinda makes sense. So I hope he starts getting used in the Superman world. And if he works, maybe 5 years from now we get an other.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

It's not that hard to world build when one of the gimmicks is robins coming and going. I understand that we can't rush things, but they could at least take steps to creating family members from time to time. Teen Doom seems to be a by product of Doomed and it kinda makes sense. So I hope he starts getting used in the Superman world. And if he works, maybe 5 years from now we get an other.

Agreed. Although I don't know how would he fit with the family at this point.

Personally I would firstly go for cohesion. Bring back Conner and Kara. Keep bringing Hiro and Steel. Start making them interact,get them together often. Create a sense of a universe.

Plus it would be easier since their relationships are known from previous continuities.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saintwildcard said:
@squalleon said:

Agreed. Although I don't know how would he fit with the family at this point.

I feel like with Superman, you need weird family members. YOu can't have them all be Kryptonians. Even Superboy has something that makes him different by being a clone with limited powers. Steel is good because he's just a dude in a (what I assume is Kryptonian tech) suit. Teen Doom offers his own weirdness by being created by Superman's most dangerous enemy. I hope to see the two interact and Superman gives him advise from time to time.

Personally I would firstly go for cohesion. Bring back Conner and Kara. Keep bringing Hiro and Steel. Start making them interact,get them together often. Create a sense of a universe.

Plus it would be easier since their relationships are known from previous continuities.

I still don't count Hiro even though I like him. But I do agree with you for the most part about making the Superman family strong.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like with Superman, you need weird family members. YOu can't have them all be Kryptonians. Even Superboy has something that makes him different by being a clone with limited powers. Steel is good because he's just a dude in a (what I assume is Kryptonian tech) suit. Teen Doom offers his own weirdness by being created by Superman's most dangerous enemy. I hope to see the two interact and Superman gives him advise from time to time.

Οf course not. But all the family members must have some similarity between them. Steel is "a man of steel" for example. Doom looks a lot less in the line with Superman. He will need a major redesign to fit aesthetically at least. But other than that, he could be a nice addition.

I still don't count Hiro even though I like him. But I do agree with you for the most part about making the Superman family strong.

I think Hiro will stay for many reasons. Firstly because Pak introduces Asian characters to his works and sticks with them(he is half-Korean himself, so I guess he relates). Secondly there is not enough presentation of Asian characters so that's a win for DC in the diversity department. And thirdly because Hiro is a very similar in character with Amadeus Cho from Pak's Hulk and Herc run, so Pak maybe feels familiar with him.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Οf course not. But all the family members must have some similarity between them. Steel is "a man of steel" for example. Doom looks a lot less in the line with Superman. He will need a major redesign to fit aesthetically at least. But other than that, he could be a nice addition.

I agree he needs a new design, he looks like a hairless Werewolf. He'd look batter as a scrawnier Doomsday. I honestly think the possibilities with this character are quite intriguing. Superman finding out and fearing for the kids life and other, wants to cure him, but the kid wants to prove himself but thinks that Superman may be right and that he is to dangerous. He might even prove useful when fighting Doomsday. ... alas it's sad knowing that Lodbell might not pull it off. THe man stuck gold but he lacks the skills to know what to do with it. Hopefully even if the book gets scrapped, the character isn't forgotten.

I think Hiro will stay for many reasons. Firstly because Pak introduces Asian characters to his works and sticks with them(he is half-Korean himself, so I guess he relates). Secondly there is not enough presentation of Asian characters so that's a win for DC in the diversity department. And thirdly because Hiro is a very similar in character with Amadeus Cho from Pak's Hulk and Herc run, so Pak maybe feels familiar with him.

When I mean family, I mean characters who can fight crime and do so on their own. Hiro is more of a supporting character.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree he needs a new design, he looks like a hairless Werewolf. He'd look batter as a scrawnier Doomsday. I honestly think the possibilities with this character are quite intriguing. Superman finding out and fearing for the kids life and other, wants to cure him, but the kid wants to prove himself but thinks that Superman may be right and that he is to dangerous. He might even prove useful when fighting Doomsday. ... alas it's sad knowing that Lodbell might not pull it off. THe man stuck gold but he lacks the skills to know what to do with it. Hopefully even if the book gets scrapped, the character isn't forgotten.

We will see. The design is the only thing easy to change. But for a character to stick it needs work.

When I mean family, I mean characters who can fight crime and do so on their own. Hiro is more of a supporting character.

Oracle is family for Batman. But she can't fight crime :P

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

Doomed is already looking a little hard to believe.

So the Doomsday spores that killed or destroyed everything in its path. Has left some humans (incredible how humans always survive stuff like that naturally :-P) infected and with powers.

They didn't even bothered giving an explanation similar to when Luthor had his Amazo virus released. No. Natural immunity to something humans should have no immunity. Not only that, the main character best friend seems to also be infected.

Storywise I can't say I'm impressed or looking forward to it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Expect a Sneak Peek of Action Comics 41 this week!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plus Bizarro!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The Doomed character design is terrible.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Squalleon

@dernman said:

The Doomed character design is terrible.

It actually is. And it is weird that it is so different from Doomsday. But then again, anything Doomsday and anything derivative of Doomsday tend to be mediocre at best :P

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@squalleon: Why they sabotaged the character with that design I don't know. New characters have a hard time as it is without the handicap of a horrible design. It's something that can make or break a character.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Updated with AC and Bizarro.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: You should add the JL3K preview too. It contains a "Superman" type character. Plus it's really funny

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While the Paktion Comics preview wasn't a head turner, it was enjoyable. I'm already liking this new direction. While I can't stand JImmy and his design in the Bizarro mini is ugly, the seris seems solid. It has it's charm but it's a definite drop after the masterpiece that Pak gave us in AC40.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Still can't get behind the power loss, the costume or the new hair do. But I will read it nonetheless.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@soldierofel: is he completely powerless or just golden age level

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27 said:

@soldierofel: is he completely powerless or just golden age level

Golden Age. That's what they were going for too.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

We will see. The design is the only thing easy to change. But for a character to stick it needs work.

Oracle is family for Batman. But she can't fight crime :P

I'm under the impression that with time Doomed will change form. This form looks so...weak. Even to be just a piece of Doomsday, but it's still powerful. Seems to be only the first stage of a mutation. Maybe he needs more spores or he'll learn how to reshape his form by will alone? Maybe he'll just naturally grow into something different?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dat Kuder art mmmmmm

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dat Kuder art mmmmmm

The guy is a beast at Superman. Hope he stays for a long time.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Dat Kuder art mmmmmm

Same here. He's honestly my favorite part of AC (Pak isn't too bad though, just don't really like his overuse of "unsure of himself/down on his luck" Superman)

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, Superman is no longer "worthy" of the symbol of his father, so to speak... Hmm, who else in comics has recently become "unworthy"?

I will try and remain optimistic.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

Dat Kuder art mmmmmm

Same here. He's honestly my favorite part of AC (Pak isn't too bad though, just don't really like his overuse of "unsure of himself/down on his luck" Superman)

Wow, completely agree. Actually that is my main gripe with Pak too :P

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@squalleon said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

Dat Kuder art mmmmmm

Wow, completely agree. Actually that is my main gripe with Pak too :P

Ha glad we agree on something like this lol

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#44  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@saintwildcard said:
@superguy1591 said:

While some started out as sidekicks, 6/7 are not his sidekicks. They are companions that are like him fighting crime. I want Superman to have that too but with a Morrison twist. Strange people with abilities that are tied to his Kryptonian roots. Teen DOom is a nice start. I want Superman to have Aquaman's equivalent of The Others, a side team.

What about the Men of Steel?

No Caption Provided

I've always had the opinion that all big Justice League members should have a personalized side-team. Like in the New 52 Aquaman has The Others, Green Arrow has The Outsiders, Green Lantern has the Corps (or maybe even the New Guardians) and Batman has the BatFam\Batman Inc.. I think Superman should have the Men of Steel and Wonder Woman should have some team formed of legendary heroes.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SaintWildcard

@jonny_anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

I've always had the opinion that all big Justice League members should have a personalized side-team. Like in the New 52 Aquaman has The Others, Green Arrow has The Outsiders, Green Lantern has the Corps (or maybe even the New Guardians) and Batman has the BatFam\Batman Inc.. I think Superman should have the Men of Steel and Wonder Woman should have some team formed of legendary heroes.

One of them already is, Metallo is iffy but Pak seems to like the character and has made him a good guy (plus the only smart one in Bizarro World), and Atomic Skull is a bad guy. Not sure about Ghost Warrior. As of now Superman only has Supergirl, Superboy (don't know his deal yet since he just came back) and Steel. I'm fine with these guys becoming part of his team, but the haven't been utilized in that way yet. Teen Doom on the other hand is being created for the Superman family IMO.

One could argue that WW has the Amazons but I wouldn't mind if she had a more diverse team.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

One of them already is, Metallo is iffy but Pak seems to like the character and has made him a good guy (plus the only smart one in Bizarro World), and Atomic Skull is a bad guy. Not sure about Ghost Warrior. As of now Superman only has Supergirl, Superboy (don't know his deal yet since he just came back) and Steel. I'm fine with these guys becoming part of his team, but the haven't been utilized in that way yet. Teen Doom on the other hand is being created for the Superman family IMO.

One could argue that WW has the Amazons but I wouldn't mind if she had a more diverse team.

Didn't Corben died in Doom?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update. Added Batman-Superman.

Man, he is really weak! He is almost peak human. He looks more like Ult.Captain America in power.

Anyway, B/S still looks awful. Mediocre art and it seems Superman something gets when he meets Batmen for the first time and wants to clobber them. So much for character evolution. 6 years later and he still goes for a fight first.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I hate this so much. This is not Superman anymore.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

I hate this so much. This is not Superman anymore.

I wonder if that is Lex in Bm/Sm. Gosh, he looks awful. He looks like a 90s futuristic skater.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update. Added Batman-Superman.

Man, he is really weak! He is almost peak human. He looks more like Ult.Captain America in power.

Anyway, B/S still looks awful. Mediocre art and it seems Superman something gets when he meets Batmen for the first time and wants to clobber them. So much for character evolution. 6 years later and he still goes for a fight first.

Batman was going to arrest him.