Superman needs more cosmic villains

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

To me I already said why superman, people assume he doesn't have good villains ( it has to do with exposure doesn't necessarily have to do with character if that was the case then why does Spider Man have a big rouges gallery and I am sorry his villains aren't that 3 Dimensional either) Plus money is a factor because really the reason why batman has a more recognized rouges in comics is because of the Adam West TV show not because of the comics cause remember comics were in a small closed off group in terms of the general audience.

Superman it was different they chose not to expose his villains which is my biggest issue and probably was my only disappointment of MOS cause I loved the film but my only problem was they used Zod again in a new way which I liked but still. So if superman has a TV show like the adam west batman then we wouldn't be having this discussion would we.

Now the other issue is that Superman should have more villains that are cosmic based ,now in general for some reason writers have trouble writing cosmic characters but to me superman needs more cosmic villains cause it feels like he has too much earth based villains and only a view Cosmic Ones ( Matter a fact writers keep stealing superman's cosmic foes and giving to other characters like Mongul smh) Also I have to call BS on writers can't write cosmic characters just has when Neil Adams said powerful characters are the bane of writers ( BS Neil if that was the case Religious Texts about Pagan gods or Gods shouldn't exist and we already had a writers write powerful characters very well like Sand-Man and Lucifer Mornigstar the definition of OP) if Star Trek can have how many cosmic foes superman should have a crap ton.

This is my opinion what do you guys think?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By SOG7dc

Agreed.

Jhaigo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed.

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, with his sets of powers they should make him face more cosmic being even more powerful than him which will make him show how powerful he can be. I want a superman who is facing being who can make him doubt about his power like He'l did. They have merge the wildstorm universe with DC he can now face the Dhran who are very powerful aliens or even the kherubim it will at least improve the superman engoing because up to now it has been a waist at least superman enchained gives me hope please Dc even wonder woman who has one engoing is beating all the superman title combine

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

I don't see Superman as a cosmic character like some people. For me Clark is just as much a part of his story as Superman. Superman IMO should be the most powerful Earth based hero. That's not saying he can't be defeated or that villains might not be more powerful. I don't mind more cosmic villains but there should be a reason for each.

I don't care where the villains come from as long as they are interesting.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I think they need to flesh out krypton and its past more, thereby giving Kal more villains in the process. I mean look at Batman, that dudes been out for 74 years and they just came up with the concept of the court of owls. Superman should have tons of enemies cus according to starfire, kryptonians werent well liked.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drudox19 said:

To me I already said why superman, people assume he doesn't have good villains ( it has to do with exposure doesn't necessarily have to do with character if that was the case then why does Spider Man have a big rouges gallery and I am sorry his villains aren't that 3 Dimensional either) Plus money is a factor because really the reason why batman has a more recognized rouges in comics is because of the Adam West TV show not because of the comics cause remember comics were in a small closed off group in terms of the general audience.

Superman it was different they chose not to expose his villains which is my biggest issue and probably was my only disappointment of MOS cause I loved the film but my only problem was they used Zod again in a new way which I liked but still. So if superman has a TV show like the adam west batman then we wouldn't be having this discussion would we.

Now the other issue is that Superman should have more villains that are cosmic based ,now in general for some reason writers have trouble writing cosmic characters but to me superman needs more cosmic villains cause it feels like he has too much earth based villains and only a view Cosmic Ones ( Matter a fact writers keep stealing superman's cosmic foes and giving to other characters like Mongul smh) Also I have to call BS on writers can't write cosmic characters just has when Neil Adams said powerful characters are the bane of writers ( BS Neil if that was the case Religious Texts about Pagan gods or Gods shouldn't exist and we already had a writers write powerful characters very well like Sand-Man and Lucifer Mornigstar the definition of OP) if Star Trek can have how many cosmic foes superman should have a crap ton.

This is my opinion what do you guys think?

So from the sections of this I can understand, I agree.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I support more cosmic villains. Supes should fight the heaviest of the heavy hitters.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Superman should have space stories, where he helps the green lantern corps, fights the red lanterns, or just has stories that have nothing to do with any lantern corps but still in SPACE!!