• 56 results
#1 Posted by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

Imo superman is in dire need of new and better rogues. the only ones worth mention are Lex, Metallo, Doomsday and Zod (did i miss any notable ones?). and other than those guys o dont think he has many truly threatening villains. And i dont really care for his villains either. What do youthink?

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Bizzaro, Ultraman, Doomsday (Okay he's one note but its a pretty hardcore note), Brainiac and Darkseid?

#3 Edited by MaccyD (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: You thought of Metallo over Bizarro/Brainiac? O_o

#4 Posted by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Bizzaro, Ultraman, Doomsday (Okay he's one note but its a pretty hardcore note), Brainiac and Darkseid?

yeah i forgot about bizzaro and braniac but i see darksied as moreof a JL villain. no way Supes should be able to take him on one on one. Ultraman isnt really threatening or interesting imo. he's just "evil Superman"

#5 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

What about ignorant haters?

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: The TAS version of Toyman should be made into the mainstream Toyman. He was the scariest villain on that show.

#7 Posted by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, seriously. What they said. Bizarro and Brainiac kick some serious butt.

@sog7dc:

#8 Posted by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

What about ignorant haters?

yes because anyone with a differing opinion is an ignorant hater.

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: I was serious about the TAS version of Toyman, every time that creepy little b**tard spoke I felt a chill.

#10 Edited by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@sog7dc: You thought of Metallo over Bizarro/Brainiac? O_o

@dabee said:

Yeah, seriously. What they said. Bizarro and Brainiac kick some serious butt.

@sog7dc:

@sog7dc said:

@joshmightbe said:

yeah i forgot about bizzaro and braniac but i see darksied as moreof a JL villain. no way Supes should be able to take him on one on one. Ultraman isnt really threatening or interesting imo. he's just "evil Superman"

and:

@sog7dc said:

Imo superman is in dire need of new and better rogues. the only ones worth mention are Lex, Metallo, Doomsday and Zod (did i miss any notable ones?). and other than those guys o dont think he has many truly threatening villains. And i dont really care for his villains either. What do youthink?

#11 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Get him more writers

#12 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

Parasite was always pretty interesting. Mongul usually had good stories too.

#13 Edited by longbowhunter (7753 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Superman's villains. Always liked the design and power set of Parasite. It wouldn't hurt to have more villains, but not better. They're already pretty great.

#14 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

I wasn't aiming that towards you. I was aiming it towards people that say dumb things about Superman despite never reading a comic book with him in it. "Like he's just a one dimensional boy-scout". Or "You can't relate to him because he is just too OP but ______ is more relatable".

#15 Edited by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

I wasn't aiming that towards you. I was aiming it towards people that say dumb things about Superman despite never reading a comic book with him in it. "Like he's just a one dimensional boy-scout". Or "You can't relate to him because he is just too OP but ______ is more relatable".

oh ok. i apologize. I love the character. i just wish he had better villains. i guess i just want more creativity from writers

#16 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he has pretty good villains already.

#17 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm interesting. I really like Superman's villains. He has one of the greatest rogues galleries.

The only thing is that writers tend to focus on Luthor too often

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknightdetective: I do often ask people how exactly I'm supposed to relate to a super genius, martial arts expert, billionaire playboy who drives the world's most awesome car and is good at everything? They always come back with the whole no super powers line as if that's the sole defining factor of relatability. I think a guy like Spider-man is way more relatable despite the powers cause I know what its like to be broke and screw s**t up.

#19 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

Im going to have to sincerely disagree with the OP here. After Batman and Spider-man, I dont think any other character has a more recognizeable rogues gallery. And I personally like Superman's villains better than either (but I understand thats a unique opinion).

#20 Posted by dagmar_merrill (10338 posts) - - Show Bio

Parasite is awesome.

#21 Edited by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: I share that opinion, the only villain I rate above Lex Luthor is Dr. Doom.

#22 Posted by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't Superman's villains, no they're not like Batman's ones but they're unique such as Metello and Parasite or just interesting voice of humanity whose trying to understand him such as Lex Luthor.

#23 Posted by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: recognizeable doesnt always mean good though. maybe the ones he has just need tobe put in the hands of the proper writer. id love to see a brainiac cossover

#24 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12674 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has a pretty colorful rogues gallery. People just don't take it seriously because it's Superman. He has a pretty massive gallery, to be honest.

He has:

1. Lex Luthor
  2. Doomsday
  3. General Zod and his crew
  4. Parasite
  5. Toy Man
  6. Brainiac
  7. Mongul
  8. Metallo
  9. Bizzaro
  10. Ultraman
  11. Darkseid
  12. Atomic Skull
  13. Cyborg Superman (though we'll see now in N52)
  14. Intergang
  15. Mr. Mxyzptlk

Then you have his less than stellar cast:

1. Atlas and Samson
  2. Composite Superman
  3. Imperiex
  4. Livewire
  5. Silver Banshee

Others whose placement is unknown or no longer there.

1. Eradicator
  2. Solomon Grundy
  3. Titano
  4. Ultra Humanite
#25 Edited by Herokiller12344 (997 posts) - - Show Bio

You left out Mongul, Darkseid, Henshaw, Parasite and Ultraman.

#26 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

I see Batman as more of an inspirational character than a relatable character, he is what we can accomplish if we put our mind to it. Ironically, despite only being human Batman is probably a lot less human than Superman at the same time. I find Daredevil more relatable because I am constantly dealing with the feeling that things are falling apart for me and I always come close to being defeated by my problems and even sometimes I am but I stand up again and keep fighting.

#27 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

How can anyone look at this little freak and not have him seared into their nightmares?

#28 Posted by MaccyD (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Yeah, I know, it's just pretty weird that Metallo would be a Superman villain that'd you remember :P

#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknightdetective: I like Batman a lot but he's never really seemed like a guy I could relate to.

#30 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@deaditegonzo: recognizeable doesnt always mean good though. maybe the ones he has just need tobe put in the hands of the proper writer. id love to see a brainiac cossover

Actually, thats one of the few somewhat "objective" ways to measure quality. You or I can like any set of villains we want, but popularity is generally a good indicator of quality.

#31 Edited by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Actually, thats one of the few somewhat "objective" ways to measure quality. You or I can like any set of villains we want, but popularity is generally a good indicator of quality.

my response to that is that the Kardashians are some of the most recognizable faces on the planet.

#32 Edited by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Lots of popular things suck, for instance Crack seems really popular while also being horrible.

#33 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@sog7dc said:

my response to that is that the Kardashians are some of the most recognizable faces on the planet.

And by your tone I suspect you dont like them/dont think they deserve the popularity? May I ask why? Because whatever the reason, it would still just be an opinion.

#34 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

Because I don't sleep, that's why I don't get nightmares from him.

#35 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknightdetective: He's got that weird mix of Chucky doll and pedo vibe that just makes your skin crawl.

#36 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23013 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac duh? only the best villain ever....

#37 Posted by SOG7dc (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@sog7dc said:

And by your tone I suspect you dont like them/dont think they deserve the popularity? May I ask why? Because whatever the reason, it would still just be an opinion.

touche'.....still i stand by my point that recognizable doesnt always mean good. there are a lot of recognizable things that arent good. but "good" is opinion based nowadays so.....yeah my head hurts

#38 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

They just need more exposure. Lex better have Metallo or Parasite backing him up in B/S.

#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Did you ever see the Justice League Eps with him? Even Lex was creeped out.

#43 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I only remember the one where he "killed" Superman.

#44 Posted by Black_Claw (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

You completely forgot about Toyman, Livewire, Bizarro, Maxima, Volcana, H'el, Braniac, and Parasite. Dissapointment.

#45 Posted by joshmightbe (24773 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: I really wanted Wonder Woman to cave in his head.

#46 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

Um let's see...Seeing that Doomsday, Lex Luthor, Metallo and Parasite are some of my all-time favorite villains, and I don't even like Superman...THAT is where you're wrong. ;)

#47 Posted by THORSON (2534 posts) - - Show Bio

he needs more badass super villians like a loki type.

#48 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

I. True but not really.

II. Supes is already iconic enougH tHat He doesn't need any more villains.

III. THere are more cHaracaters tHat need better villains tHan Supes. I'd prefer for Luke Cage, Cyborg, Kaine Parker, Deadpool, and otHers like tHem to get more/better villains.

-ABstract4$$#073-

#49 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!This new villain need one blow out a universe