#1 Edited by TJSH96 (773 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody seems to have this false idea in their head that Superman is just a planetary-level being and he has limits, just like every-other fictional character. However, that simply isn't true. Only an omnipotent can beat Superman and here is why:

Superman is similiar to a solar cell. Superman's body takes in sunlight and converts it to power that he can use. The more sunlight Superman's body absorbs, the more powerful Superman will become. However, what most people don't seem to understand is that there are no limits as to how much solar energy Superman can absorb. The more solar energy Superman absorbs, the more powerful he becomes and there is no limit to how powerful he can become. That's how Superman became Super prime one million. Infact, in the Justice League Series: Our Worlds At War, after Superman spent 15 minutes inside the Sun, Superman was powerful enough to move planets without any effort. Superman's power depends completely on the Sun. This means that the longer Superman stays inside the Sun, the more powerful he becomes. It's simple logic. This means Superman could beat The Living Tribunal. Think about it. Since Superman can become as powerful as he wants, Superman could absorb the power of every single Sun in the Universe, and then imagine how powerful Superman would become. Of course it would take an extremely long time for Superman to stay inside every single Sun in the Universe until it dies out, but if he does, it's obvious that Superman would become powerful enough to beat The Living Tribunal. Not to mention all the other Suns in the multiverse that Superman could absorb. So you see, Superman's power is potentially limitless!

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (37346 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to turn out like those Hulk threads.

#3 Posted by NeonGameWave (7703 posts) - - Show Bio

While it is true that Superman would become more powerful with accession to the Sun`s radiation, I don`t believe he would be at Living Tribunal level even if he were to spend 50,000 years within the sun it wouldn`t make him nigh omnipotent but it would allow him to do things easier and things that he has never done before such as moving the entire Solar System without any effort or destroying Jupiter with one IMP but it wouldn`t grant him reality warping abilities on that of the Living Tribunal`s level neither would it make him a cosmic force that exists simultaneously throughout all of the many multiverses.

#4 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

While it is true that Superman would become more powerful with accession to the Sun`s radiation, I don`t believe he would be at Living Tribunal level even if he were to spend 50,000 years within the sun it wouldn`t make him nigh omnipotent but it would allow him to do things easier and things that he has never done before such as moving the entire Solar System without any effort or destroying Jupiter with one IMP but it wouldn`t grant him reality warping abilities on that of the Living Tribunal`s level neither would it make him a cosmic force that exists simultaneously throughout all of the many multiverses.

yup.

#5 Posted by trebean (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Super prime one million sundipped for at least 15,000 years (I'm not quite sure, I might be wrong ) and he one-shotted Solaris, and then recreated Krypton and Lois, seeing how every 15 minutes of sundip causes him to be thrice as powerful (Then again, I am not that quite sure, my knowledge of Superman lowered down when I became a flash fan)

#6 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1372 posts) - - Show Bio

superman's cells have a limited capacity for sunlight,if they get over saturated he starts turning into energy,so sun dipping for a short time is alright otherwise his cells will start to burst i.e-All star Superman. i think because of superman traveling the universe late in his career,learning different things and possibly gainin more powers all the while and then sharing the powers of every body in the superman squad possibly expanded his cellular capacity and made it possible to absorb so much energy and hence after living in the sun for 15000 years or so emerge a nigh omnipotent being i.e Superman prime one million.

#7 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, because the Living Tribunal exists in EVERY fictional Universe out there...

#8 Edited by NeonGameWave (7703 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean said:

@neongamewave said:

Well, Super prime one million sundipped for at least 15,000 years (I'm not quite sure, I might be wrong ) and he one-shotted Solaris, and then recreated Krypton and Lois, seeing how every 15 minutes of sundip causes him to be thrice as powerful (Then again, I am not that quite sure, my knowledge of Superman lowered down when I became a flash fan)

That is a good point but I believe he had trouble when he was trying to revive Lois and I don`t think he one-shotted Solaris instantly, if he were to be in the sun for 50,000 years he would become a lot more powerful but I don`t think it would grant him the same power in which it would rival that of the Living Tribunal.

#9 Posted by NeonGameWave (7703 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave said:

Yeah, because the Living Tribunal exists in EVERY fictional Universe out there...

He exists as he also governs all multiverses within the Marvel Universe.

#10 Posted by deaditegonzo (3632 posts) - - Show Bio

There is not even infinite energy in the universe. He is more of an amplifier than a true battery, he outputs more than he takes in.

#11 Edited by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave:

Multiverses within a universe...sounds legit...

Also, the MARVEL Multiverse is NOT the Omniverse.

#12 Posted by NeonGameWave (7703 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave:

#13 Posted by spidermanandsuperman (283 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to turn out like those Hulk threads.

#14 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is not limitless. If he were truly limitless he'd essentially already be Superman Prime. Superman has the potential to accomplish limitless feats if he is in the presence of the yellow sun and given enough time because he is not instantly limitless. Otherwise Superman would never be worn down in a battle, need to sundip, etc​. And honestly, I don't want him to be limitless. He's more of a fun character that way.

#15 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees said:

@neongamewave:

Okay. If the Tribunal exists in ALL Mutliverses, then tell me oh great sage, where in the DC, Champions, City of Heroes, Gundam, MLP:FiM, Mass Effect, Halo, StarCraft, Dragon Ball Z, Ben 10, Generator Rex, Young Justice, DCAU, and so on and so forth IS he?

The answer: NOWHERE because he doesn't exist within those Universes and/or their respective Multiverses and may not even compare with some of the things in there.

Note: the Omniverse contains EVERY multiverse, EVERY variation of reality and surreality you can imagine and EVERY variation of reality and surreality you CAN'T imagine. There's ALWAYS a bigger fish there, but NEVER a bigger fish that can control it ALL or exists EVERYWHERE (for quite obvious reasons if you think about it hard enough).

The Living Tribunal is a great power in the MARVEL Universe/Multiverse, but the omniverse? Give me a break.

#16 Edited by NeonGameWave (7703 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees said:

@neongamewave said:

@hewhosees said:

@neongamewave:

Okay. If the Tribunal exists in ALL Mutliverses, then tell me oh great sage, where in the DC, Champions, City of Heroes, Gundam, MLP:FiM, Mass Effect, Halo, StarCraft, Dragon Ball Z, Ben 10, Generator Rex, Young Justice, DCAU, and so on and so forth IS he?

The answer: NOWHERE because he doesn't exist within those Universes and/or their respective Multiverses and may not even compare with some of the things in there.

Note: the Omniverse contains EVERY multiverse, EVERY variation of reality and surreality you can imagine and EVERY variation of reality and surreality you CAN'T imagine. There's ALWAYS a bigger fish there, but NEVER a bigger fish that can control it ALL or exists EVERYWHERE (for quite obvious reasons if you think about it hard enough).

The Living Tribunal is a great power in the MARVEL Universe/Multiverse, but the omniverse? Give me a break.

I clearly was referring to the Marvel Universe not all of the multiverses that range from all the very different mediums and fictional universes. Marvel has more than one reality and its not merely just a simple universe also it wouldn`t make Superman any greater or more of a challenger anyway, so the misunderstanding within the discussion itself should be questioned and viewed before rush to action which you are unfortunately pursuing as you are deviating from the real topic at hand.

#17 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees said:

@neongamewave said:

@hewhosees said:

@neongamewave:

I clearly was referring to the Marvel Universe not all multiverses across all the very different mediums and fictional universes. Marvel has more than one reality and its not merely just a simple universe also it wouldn`t make Superman any greater or more of a challenger anyway so the misunderstanding within the discussion itself should be questioned and viewed before rush to action which you are unfortunately pursuing as you are deviating from the real topic at hand.

Then WHY did you post that picture as though it was contradictory to what I said about him being a power in the Marvel Multiverse instead of the omniverse?

Also, did you forget that I mentioned the words Marvel and Multiverse quite a few times already, thusly, making this line, "Marvel has more than one reality and its not merely just a simple universe," redundant? Also, since when was I debating Superman being a greater challenger? I was pointing out a terminological error on your part.

#18 Edited by NeonGameWave (7703 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave said:

@hewhosees said:

@neongamewave said:

@hewhosees said:

@neongamewave:

I clearly was referring to the Marvel Universe not all multiverses across all the very different mediums and fictional universes. Marvel has more than one reality and its not merely just a simple universe also it wouldn`t make Superman any greater or more of a challenger anyway so the misunderstanding within the discussion itself should be questioned and viewed before rush to action which you are unfortunately pursuing as you are deviating from the real topic at hand.

Then WHY did you post that picture as though it was contradictory to what I said about him being a power in the Marvel Multiverse instead of the omniverse?

Also, did you forget that I mentioned the words Marvel and Multiverse quite a few times already, thusly, making this line, "Marvel has more than one reality and its not merely just a simple universe," redundant? Also, since when was I debating Superman being a greater challenger? I was pointing out a terminological error on your part.

My point was that the Living Tribunal exists throughout all of the many multiverses within the Marvel World specifically and only. You are over complicating things as well as taking my words out of context. That is the real importance and topic at hand, what error? I was making a point in regards to the comparing of Superman and the Living Tribunal in regards to having a cosmically influenced position.

#19 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees said:

@neongamewave said:

@hewhosees said:

@neongamewave said:

@hewhosees said:

@neongamewave:

My point was that the Living Tribunal exists throughout all of the many multiverses within the Marvel World specifically and only. You are over complicating things as well as taking my words out of context. That is the real importance and topic at hand, what error? I was making a point in regards to the comparing of Superman and the Living Tribunal in regards to having a cosmically influenced position.

You said, and I'm quoting or that one thing that's sort of like quoting that I can't remember, "Exists in ALL of the many Multiverses," and left it at that. JUST like that. No Marvel. No anything that would modify that word. You said THAT, and since THAT is pretty much the omniverse, I was trying to correct you that he's not Omniversal because that's what I thought you were saying.

#20 Edited by NeonGameWave (7703 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: I clearly was referring to the Marvel Universe which Living Tribunal is from and based in also the idea is evident considering it was in the comparing of Superman, Superman within the DC universe does not exist in the many multiverses simultaneously as he does not govern them either but the Living Tribunal on the other hand does within the Marvel universe.

#21 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: I clearly was referring to the Marvel Universe which Living Tribunal is from and based in also the idea is evident considering it was in the comparing of Superman, Superman within the DC universe does not exist in the many multiverses simultaneously as he does not govern them either but the Living Tribunal on the other hand does within the Marvel universe.

Well I know that NOW genius. Maybe next time you should be more specific unless some blowhard like me over-analyzes a mistake in being specific you made to mean something else.

Jeez...you make the detective conan avatar you have wag his head in shame.

#22 Edited by NeonGameWave (7703 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees said:

@neongamewave said:

Well I know that NOW genius. Maybe next time you should be more specific unless some blowhard like me over-analyzes a mistake in being specific you made to mean something else.

Jeez...you make the detective conan avatar you have wag his head in shame.

Maybe you should try to understand what the other person is trying to say first, instead of jumping to conclusions and turning something so simply implied into something that its not, the more you reason is the more you will be open to the very understanding of discussion. You could of just asked for clarification there was no need to stretch your confused perspective.

?

#23 Edited by consolemaster001 (4971 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess so

#24 Edited by ltbrd (561 posts) - - Show Bio

@tjsh96: Nothing is limitless as it applies to a mortal being. At the end of the day Superman's body is a container and like all containers it can only hold so much. In this case, it could only hold a finite amount of solar energy and no more. This was the concept posed in All-Star Superman, where Supes' body began to break down after becoming oversatured with solar radiation and his cells exploding from the amount of energy they were trying to contain. Of course the story doesn't finish that way as Morrison instead makes Superman immortal by turning into pure energy (IMHO the Man of Steel dying at the end of the series would have been far more powerful as it would have shown him fighting the good fight to the very end rather than simply escape death again) but the concept is still valid.

At the end of the day stories that involve Superman dipping into the sun or having vast solar energy channeled into him for the sake of beating a story specific villain are, again IMHO, poorly written stories that give no great value to the character and simply serve as a "that was awesome" moment and why such events should only be in Elseworld-esque stories and allow the main series to remain devoid of them in order to have greater suspense and plots that revolve around the established facts of what Superman can and can't do rather than what that particular writer doing that particular story wants to do.

#25 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5175 posts) - - Show Bio

No he's not.

#26 Posted by TJSH96 (773 posts) - - Show Bio

@ltbrd: Yes, Superman is limitless and no Superman's body is nothing like a "container". Superman's body can absorb as much sunlight as he wants. Superman's body will only become more and more powerful as he absorbs more and more sunlight. There are no limits and nothing in the canon DC comics implies that either.

#27 Edited by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@tjsh96 said:

@ltbrd: Yes, Superman is limitless and no Superman's body is nothing like a "container". Superman's body can absorb as much sunlight as he wants. Superman's body will only become more and more powerful as he absorbs more and more sunlight. There are no limits and nothing in the canon DC comics implies that either.

You mean like the Hulk?

#28 Posted by consolemaster001 (4971 posts) - - Show Bio

@tjsh96 said:

You mean like the Hulk?

yup