#1 Edited by toptom (1140 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by Rubear (252 posts) - - Show Bio

That feels so wrong...

#3 Edited by toptom (1140 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (5941 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it. Though it kind of does feel like a comic version of god.

#5 Edited by toplel (735 posts) - - Show Bio

-Doesn't want to interfere anymore

-Interferes

Yup, the writer had his fedora on too tight.

#6 Edited by Squalleon (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

I have read this and their Batman one and they are both so out of character. It feels they just try to make a comic that is controversial,"dark" in terms of theme and edgy while using mainstream characters to make it more popular.

Their Daredevil was hilarious though.

#7 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

That got disturbing real fast.

#8 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27218 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are real bad at understanding the idea of alternate realities......

#9 Posted by MatteoPG (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

Although it is way better than the Batman one (which was pretty shitty both in art and writing), I didn't really like this. Of course it's out of character, but that's not the only thing, nor is it the most important one. Mostly it's about the message, which I don't approve at all.

#10 Edited by Nahuel (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... I loved it! I felt it like if Alan Moore became Superman.

#11 Edited by Lvenger (15958 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's an alternate reality but it feels so wrong in tone, story and characterisation. The writer confuses the conflicting interference and non interference desires that Superman has which impacts badly on the story. Not to mention that Superman's loss of faith in humanity is totally out of character and is something that would simply never happen. Superman would probably stay with humanity till the very end or leave a trusted son in his place as its guardian. And the cynicism, edginess and dark, gritty MOS inspired feel to the story didn't work within its context either. Still, at least it's better than the monstrosity known as At Earth's End (shudders)

#12 Posted by SanoHibiki (909 posts) - - Show Bio

Good, captivating but sad and creepy story in the same time. Very anti-utopian and cynical look on humanity’s progress and future, sometimes I feel that this is actually warranted.

Sad part – this is the best “Superman turns against humanity” story without brainwashing that I ever read.

#13 Edited by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

What the f*ck?

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27218 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: There is no such thing as out of character in alt realities, that's my point.

#15 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm ok with him leaving...but kill them?

#16 Posted by Lvenger (15958 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: It still didn't fit with the story and contradicted the original theme. That's out of character within its own writing if ever I saw it.

#17 Edited by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Z3RO180 (5941 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Well it kind of makes sence in the frame of the story that they a re telling

#19 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooooooooo out of character.

#20 Edited by Rubear (252 posts) - - Show Bio

This Notsuperman, of course, saw in space only unintelligent cratures, no alien civilizations, no xenomorphes, no galactic threats, just peace. He doesn't want to interfere... and then he interferes in worst manner possible. Goodby logic, hello depression! Worst altworld i ever saw.

#21 Posted by MatteoPG (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear said:

This Notsuperman, of course, saw in space only unintelligent cratures, no alien civilizations, no xenomorphes, no galactic threats, just peace. He doesn't want to interfere... and then he interferes in worst manner possible. Goodby logic, hello depression! Worst altworld i ever saw.

Good point. It sounds contraddictory to first say that you won't help humanity get better, but then destroy them because they weren't able to get better. If you don't apply yourself to help some process you can't take it in you own hands if the process goes one way or the other.

#22 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it

#23 Posted by Lvenger (15958 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: I know, it really could have been but the context and re-telling of the story wasn't executed as well as it could have been IMO.

#24 Posted by Alak (867 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed it.

#25 Posted by Onemoreposter (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Dafuq? Interesting. I like the art. But seriously, Supes is a little senile there.

#26 Posted by SmashBrawler (4729 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible. Completely misses the point of the character. The Batman one sucked too, although that one was much more pretentious.

@sandman_ said:

I'm ok with him leaving...

Really? Because that's exactly where they lost me, actually. Superman is supposed to embody an undying faith in humanity, that we can strive for something better, that we can stand for something better; it's always been an important part of the character, he fights a neverending battle for truth and justice.

#27 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: eh, it's just a fan fic. Nothing more.

#28 Posted by Superlad93 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg said:

@rubear said:

Good point. It sounds contraddictory to first say that you won't help humanity get better, but then destroy them because they weren't able to get better. If you don't apply yourself to help some process you can't take it in you own hands if the process goes one way or the other.

But he as already interfered. In fact he's been doing it for over 500 years in the story!! It's clearly shown that the humans have become complacent and fat with the knowledge Superman will save them, and he did. He never let them "evolve" or progress on their own. This added to their innate feelings entitlement and made them "evil" in comparison to the universe at large.

Superman then says that he's saved them thousands of times meaning that there were thousands of times were there should have been no Earth and no humans. Maybe in the long run it would have either humbled the humans or would have simply killed them but either way it would have been the natural "balance" of things.

So essentially by the end Superman is correcting his mistake. He created the monster known as man or at least kept it alive so it's up to him to set it right.

Also we don't know how all of the other alien races work or act in THIS universe so an argument of "what about all of them" is moot. For the sake of this particular story for all we know humans could be the worst race of them all.

Also this reads to me as less of a Superman the character story and more the concept of the Overman that Superman is derived from.

#29 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8754 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how the comic contradicts itself in an attempt to be edgy lol

#30 Edited by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Rubear (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@superlad93 said:

For the sake of this particular story for all we know humans could be the worst race of them all.

For the sake of all stories lets look on facts and details. Perhaps you should re-read it to see all.
1) During this story Notsuperman saved lives from disasters. Afftar didn't bother to show how this affected mundane live during the time that Notsuperman was around.
2) He created something what could really matter only after 261 years.
3) He was off for 277 years. During this time he don't interfere in anything. He knew nothing.
4) He returned and he saw results of this. He knew nothing about what bringed Earth to this situation.
5) And after all this not-interfering he decided to play god. God. Not savior from injustice, not protector, not benevolent dictator, but god. How this for not-interfering?
6) Afftar didn't bother to show what he saw except unintelligent flora and fauna.
7) Afftar didn't bother to show why he suddenly decided to return.
8) Afftar didn't bother to show anything that could contradict his very moody point.
9) Afftar didn't even bothers to show us why Notsuperman decided to never shave anymore.
So this is not good story. This is one-sided ramble of depressed man who whanted to depress all.

#32 Posted by Mitrageist (7148 posts) - - Show Bio

I could... accept... an alternate world where Superman lost faith in humanity, if it was done well. This was not done well.

Dug the art though.

#33 Posted by MatteoPG (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

@superlad93: I don't agree, I find that the story lacks the ability of being cohesive and internally consistent. But everybody has opinions, so agree to disagree.

Also, I don't remember the tone of my previous post, but if I sounded harsh I apologize, I sometimes write in a hurry. I just didn't like it, that's all :)

#34 Posted by Black_Arrow (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

this is as horrible as Batman the deal story wise.

In art I prefer this one ten times more.

#35 Posted by CheeseSticks (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible

#36 Edited by consolemaster001 (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's a dick

4/10 Wouldn not reccomend.