SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE, Vol 3 Preview

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Isn’t Superman E1 vol 3 available on Feb 4? If so, sweet – both E1 and Superman #38 in one day.

Like art in this, quite a bit.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad this is coming. My favorite superman by far.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I wonder how I'll get annoyed by this latest volume of Superman: Earth One. They've never let me down so far in that regard.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good. Looking forward to this, hopefully we'll get better antagonists than parasite and Tyrell.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Squalleon

First volume was okay, the second was just boring and derivative. I will give it a shot though.

Looks good. Looking forward to this, hopefully we'll get better antagonists than parasite and Tyrell.

From art, synopsis and previous plots, it seems the villain will be the one that ordered Krypton's destruction, from revealed concept art it seems that someone is probably Zod. And of course the Luthors will be in that too.

Isn’t Superman E1 vol 3 available on Feb 4? If so, sweet – both E1 and Superman #38 in one day.

Like art in this, quite a bit.

Plus AC 38 too. Heavy week for Superman fans.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Volume One was kinda Meh. Volume Two was a bit more enjoyable even though I really hate their Parasite design. Looking forward to this ne.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8 dernman  Online

@saint_wildcard: I actually thought vol one was better than vol two. Could it be you're just tired of Superman origins.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@dernman said:

@saint_wildcard: I actually thought vol one was better than vol two. Could it be you're just tired of Superman origins.

IDK, don't remember it much. I do love the part where he's going around looking for a job, that was pretty funny. VOlume 2 had more enjoyable moments (like that scene with the dictator and the pimp) IMO, plus I really love that hooker character and the Lexs interest me. I think the villain in both were kinda meh though. .

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I cannot wait for this! I love Earth One!!!

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to this. Was a little apprehensive about Shane Davis not doing the art but Ardian Syaf seems to have done a good job.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Actually, I just read Volumes One and Two for the first time a week or two ago. They were both really good. I hope this one is just as good.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Favorite Earth One Series.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to this. Was a little apprehensive about Shane Davis not doing the art but Ardian Syaf seems to have done a good job.

The cover turned me off but the interiors are much better imo.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

The more the merrier :)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

The more the merrier :)

Probably one of the best weeks recently. The end of two arcs, one of those will feature the new suit and power and the end of a trilogy of OGNs which marks the end of an era for the E1 franchise as a whole, I think V3 is the last book by JMS, I could be wrong though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Super. Loved the first two volumes can't wait for this one.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pretty excited for this!

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I wonder how I'll get annoyed by this latest volume of Superman: Earth One. They've never let me down so far in that regard.

Wow.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion,there isn't anything bad about that,but for sure if you have already made up your mind before it is even released ,if you approach a comic book,or anything else,with this attitude you'll always be displeased by something but in this case the fault isn't in the material probably.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@zandalf said:

@lvenger said:

Wow.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion,there isn't anything bad about that,but for sure if you have already made up your mind before it is even released ,if you approach a comic book,or anything else,with this attitude you'll always be displeased by something but in this case the fault isn't in the material probably.

Considering that in the first volume Clark acts with selfish and self interested motives for half the story and in the second volume he hands a dictator over to an angry mob to let them do what they want to him, I fail to see how I can ever be won over by the Superman: Earth One volumes. It's not hard to ignore the core tenants and characteristics of Superman but JMS seems to be doing a good job writing a Superman story with a character that doesn't feel like Superman at all. I hated both the first 2 volumes based on the approach JMS took, I don't see how this one will be any different.

It's not me making my mind up prematurely according to your assessment, it's the poor track record of Superman Earth One thus far that gives me all the justification I need to hold the opinion I do. I don't approach all comics with this attitude but bad comics with bad material are bound to displease me. So I'm afraid I have to correct you here, the fault is in the story material, not in my opinion.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Superguy1591

Superman's super-perception isn't effective on the ladies, huh?

Nice duck, CK. =D

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've looking forward to this. Finally Vol.3 it was about time.

Lisa and Clark seem to be pretty much where they were the last time around. And now Lois is tacking tips from Jim Gordon and using a Superman-signal. That part was lame. I mean, he found out she had been pretty much invading his privacy and she flashes a sign in the sky and he just shows up. I would've left her there all night waiting.

I do hope this time around, his ship has built some sort of fortress, because Vol.2 was very poor in that department.

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am very excited about volume 3 of Superman Earth One. I loved the first two, so I hope this one doesn't disappoint!

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This version of superman really grows on me.. I am really excited about this one.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Superfriendzoned