Superman by Brian K Vaughan

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

This, ladies and gentlemen, is my ultimate comic book dream. If it were drawn by Doug Manhke I would be in tears of joy. Cheers

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who knows, it might happen one day.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude said he doesn't know how to write Superman.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Joss Whedon to write a Superman story. His Astonishing X-Men run is one of my all-time favorite comic book stories.

Or,

A Superman story written by Neil Gaiman would be awesome as well. He's one of my favorite authors and I think he could give us a very unique story.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I will be highly surprised if Brian K ever decides to work with Marvel or DC again.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I want Bryan Q Miller to do an in universe Superman run...but...not if it means that he'd leave Smallville

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@buttersdaman000: out of those 2 I think Gaiman understands Superman better.

Has he ever written a Superman book? I picked Whedon because of the fantastic job he did with Cyclops, another character that is looked at as dull or boring. Honestly, Whedons run is what changed my mind about Cyclops. Imagine if he could do that for Superman.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be highly surprised if Brian K ever decides to work with Marvel or DC again.

Yeah I realize its a long-shot but maybe one day. He's my favorite comic writer.

I want Bryan Q Miller to do an in universe Superman run...but...not if it means that he'd leave Smallville

What is it that everyone loves about Smallville? I tried the first two volumes but I just couldn't see what was so great. Now Adventures of Superman is something I could get in to.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By buttersdaman000
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has he ever written a Superman book? I picked Whedon because of the fantastic job he did with Cyclops, another character that is looked at as dull or boring. Honestly, Whedons run is what changed my mind about Cyclops. Imagine if he could do that for Superman.

So, that means that you find Superman to be dull and boring?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Lvenger

@buttersdaman000 said:

@sandman_ said:

Whedon doesn't need to 'change' Superman, he's enough of a well developed and complex character as he is. Or was Pre Flashpoint. Cyclops was already on the slippery road down to his despairing characterisation anyway so Whedon couldn't 'save' him IMO. Even Tom Breevort or some high ranking editor at Marvel expressed the open opinion on Twitter that they thought it was clear Cyclops was in the wrong and couldn't understand why fans were backing him. That says a lot about how Cyclops is being treated at Marvel.

Also has Vaughn worked at DC and Marvel before?

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

I know he wrote a 3 issue mini entitled, "Logan", that was amazing for Marvel. I don't know if he has ever worked for DC. I do, however, imagine that he could write a brilliant Superman. Mainly because of his incredible characterization skills and great dialogues .

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buttersdaman000

@buttersdaman000 said:

So, that means that you find Superman to be dull and boring?

Ummmmm no? He's one of my favorite characters, and I'm all around this board....I said "another character that is looked at as dull and boring", not a character that I think is dull and boring. I just think that Whedon can do for non-superman fans what his x-men run did for me.

@lvenger said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@sandman_ said:

Whedon doesn't need to 'change' Superman, he's enough of a well developed and complex character as he is. Or was Pre Flashpoint. Cyclops was already on the slippery road down to his despairing characterisation anyway so Whedon couldn't 'save' him IMO. Even Tom Breevort or some high ranking editor at Marvel expressed the open opinion on Twitter that they thought it was clear Cyclops was in the wrong and couldn't understand why fans were backing him. That says a lot about how Cyclops is being treated at Marvel.

Also has Vaughn worked at DC and Marvel before?

Wait...what? I never said Whedon need to or changed any character. I just said he changed my mind about cyclops by writing him so well. And I don't understand how cyclops was 'in the wrong' or 'on a slippery road down to his despairing characterization'? I'm talking about the astonishing x-men run cyclops...

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SanoHibiki

@buttersdaman000:

Ummmmm no? He's one of my favorite characters, and I'm all around this board....I said "another character that is looked at as dull and boring", not a character that I think is dull and boring.

When someone says “another character that is …” that usually means that there some original, first character “that is …”. It looked a bit like you talked about Supes here.

Sorry for misunderstanding.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Lvenger

@buttersdaman000: Sorry for the misunderstanding but your original statement looked like the "Superman is a boring character" kind of statement.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SandMan_