• 97 results
#51 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

The title of this thread pretty much sums up the ignorance of the internet

"Hey, this news only came out a week ago, and all we have is a vague title and a vague idea"

"Let's judge it anyway and automatically say it's gonna suck based on our vague opinion on the vague idea"

"YAY!"

Someone give this man a medal

#52 Posted by Jayc1324 (12323 posts) - - Show Bio

He probably used that quote because its a famous quote from a great novel that involved both characters. Superman fans have always been upset by that book and that quote specifically, and for good reason. No one likes seeing their hero beat like that, and especially not by a human. But batman had prep, it was a batman novel so of course he was going to beat superman up, and I think they already said that they are my adaptin anything comic book for this movie.

So we should stop complaining and wait til we get more details, or better yet wait until you actually see the movie

#53 Posted by Rambo1610 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they going to make it a Batman Vs Superman movie, So this does not have to be a debate about who's a cooler character (Superman in my opinion), but I am excited for the movie to be made and I hope it paves the way for an awesome Justice league movie!

Possible villains for the Bat/Supe movie?

#54 Edited by Jayc1324 (12323 posts) - - Show Bio

I want darkseid in this. My favorite superman villian, and batman has history with him. In mos 3 I want him to be Killed by doomsday and show cameos form heroes at the funeral

#55 Posted by StrangeMan (411 posts) - - Show Bio

Best way to look at this is not as a MoS sequel, but a MoS spin off, and who says that MoS will only go as far as a trilogy. Besides, I don't see many people realizing that having Batman in a movie would actually help the character of Superman to develop, Clark here has spent all of his life unprepared for his life as a superhero, he always knew he was gonna be one, but in the world and context that he lived in it seemed as if the best thing for everyone was to keep his powers a secret, but Batman is a guy who's been preparing all his life, and for a much different life from his, Batman compliments Superman in a way that no other character can, and seeing how MoS ended, Batman actually gives Clark even more things to grow upon.

Also, if you're wondering who's gonna win if there's a fight in the movie:

So yeah

#56 Posted by Bezza (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

we are going to have so many of these sorts of threads for the next two years until 2015, I predicted as much last week. Why do people on internet forums always look for the negative? At least wait until a few more details leak out before writing the film off. I'm a Superman fan (and Batman) and personally think its a good thing for them to share a film.

#57 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Look, up in the forums!

It's a good post!

No, a legitimate thread!

No! It's a pointless complaint!!

#58 Posted by Lvenger (20220 posts) - - Show Bio

Look, up in the forums!

It's an good post!

No, a legitimate thread!

No! It's a pointless complaint!!

Faster than a speeding flame baiter!

More powerful than a rampant troll!

Able to leap mod bans in a single bound!

#59 Posted by MB25 (336 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, so many opinions on something that's only a few days old (officially).

Calm down. Man of Steel made a sh!t ton of money, they know the Superman fans are a big part of their audience, they won't disrespect him. Superman fans are being way too defensive about this. Snyder even explicitly stated that the movie will NOT be based on The Dark Knight Returns in any way, that was just the most well-known quote they could think of.

There will be a fight, because people will want to see a fight. There will not be a definitive winner, because they don't want to piss off either fanbase, because they want to continue making money off of BOTH fanbases. I understand why Superman fans are so quick to react to this way, with all the morons who have shunted Superman in favor of Batman over the years, but your rage is unjustified. There is nothing to support any of your hatred at this point. Both heroes will be treated with respect, Superman isn't going to lose to Batman, Batman won't steal the spotlight (though he will have some of it, because he IS a co-star in the movie) and everything will be okay.

And before anyone jumps on me for being a Batman fanboy (there is absolutely no reason to, but I know that some of you out there would) I have to point out that Superman is my favorite superhero, and I'm bored to death of Batman at the moment.

Ok, I kind of agree with you, but also respectfully disagree. In terms of a winner - you're probably right in that some way or another their "fight" will be interrupted or put on hold. My fear however is it will more than likely feel forced, since comic book writing ≠ good movie writing. E.g just because it works in the comics, it will not work in a live action movie. Lots of comic book based things should never be translated into film. I feel/worry this is one of those things.

Some other reasons for concern:

1. There's no obvious catalyst - both characters are in their infancy for the setup of this movie, whereas generally in the comics their cross-overs happen while they're established characters, fully aware of each other. From MoS, there's no indication of other "heroes" existing at all, including Bats - so where does he come from? It's not "Nolan's" Batman, since that story finished and was declared all along to exist in it's own solitary universe. So we have a Batman without origin or explanation (other than the expectation the audience knows who he is, etc...) picking a fight with a super-powered alien (or letting himself be dragged into a fight with said alien) he has no reason to know much about at all, and who by all accounts is far superior to any human being ever. If he's "the worlds greatest detective" surely he's smart enough to NOT do that?

2. David Goyer appears to me (just an observation based on a handful of interviews I've come across) to be a "Batfan". He's far more invested emotionally in the Batman character having done 3 films for him so far, and has mentioned Dark Knight Returns several times throughout that and now. Anyone with half a brain can dissect the numerous problems with how Supe's was written as a character in that book, so if that's an influence I'm concerned Superman isn't going to get fair treatment.

3. Backflip for Zack Snyder - Anyone remember Zack's response when asked "who would win in a fight" at the previous Comic-Con? It was a laughable idea that they would even go toe-to-toe to him. Now it's in the sequel? NOt only is it in the sequel, it's likely going to be the primary component, given the recent David Goyer comment of "now we need to decide do we call it Batman vs Superman, or Superman vs Batman?" despite Zack Snyder stating it's the MoS sequel? How is that even a decision to make? Why laugh off the idea and then 12 months later it's your new movie?

4. No matter the outcome the audience will feel screwed - again, speculation and unwarranted fear mostly - but no matter how the fight goes down, who is winning etc..., some aspect of the audience (either die hard Batman fanboys or Superman fanboys) will be pissed at it, thus impacting the ongoing success of the film. Movies make a Billion dollars at the box office because of repeat viewing - if half the audience is annoyed at a major plot within the film, they're not going to watch it a second, third, fourth time, etc..., thus working against WB's primary goal which brings me to...

5. WB is too desperate for the cash cow - This is pretty common and can be expected, but they are rushing this. I mirror other opinions on here when I feel a stand-alone MoS sequel would be better before doing some type of cross-over story like this. I think they're rushing into it because the see $$$$'s, and will likely mess it up. I hope I'm wrong and it's a resounding success and that's it's the greatest film ever made (which IMHO is what these two characters deserve), but I too many times have they (WB) screwed it up because they were so focused on the potential $$$'s to be made. I mean Batman Forever I could live with, but Batman & Robin? Superman Returns? Superman IV: Quest For Peace? Hell, even Superman III? Both characters have been shafted because of the desire to make money before, and it wouldn't be the first time a studio and it's executives have ended up forcing a good director with the best intentions into making a bad film.

Like I said, I partially agree with you, that at the moment it's a lot of rumor and we have no hard evidence for anything - but I also think there is genuine reason for concern. Such as number...

6 @reignmaker said:

Be grateful Superman gets to be in another movie at all. Or did you forget what happened last time?

Kiss the mutha-f'ing Batman ring. You have a movie, a franchise, and indeed, a universe because BatGod exists. Otherwise, Joe Quesada would own you all.

I recognize this is a total troll, but frankly these whiny, ungrateful threads are getting boring.

This attitude is the problem and the main reason for fear. So many people worship Batman and somehow we always see some weird reasoning or logic where Batman is able to go toe-to-toe with or even beat Superman. It's ridiculous but, it's the way it is. Batman has been the cash cow for WB for so long there's a chance they'll be afraid of screwing that up by making him inferior to another hero in some way.

7. How does this work in a "real" universe? - One of the big things from Chris Nolan, David Goyer and Zack SNyder is that they want their heroes to feel "real" by making their world "feel real". Well I'm sorry but in a "real" world Batman can't stand up to Superman for more than half a second. If Batman even tried punching Supe's he'd break his hand. Them fighting in anyway within this "real" universe they want makes no logical sense. Suddenly we're going to be expected to accept the possibility, thus moving us away from their "real" world to a more Marvelised universe?

Anyway - those are my reasons for concern - but I am hoping against hope that the fanboy in me will get his biggest nerdgasm dream come true and all these fears will be for nothing.

#61 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3204 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not too worried now I will save my skepticism/excitement until I hear more details. but assuming Bats is gonna beat Supes in the film doesn't make any sense since there is no evidence suggesting so.

#62 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3204 posts) - - Show Bio

Best way to look at this is not as a MoS sequel, but a MoS spin off, and who says that MoS will only go as far as a trilogy. Besides, I don't see many people realizing that having Batman in a movie would actually help the character of Superman to develop, Clark here has spent all of his life unprepared for his life as a superhero, he always knew he was gonna be one, but in the world and context that he lived in it seemed as if the best thing for everyone was to keep his powers a secret, but Batman is a guy who's been preparing all his life, and for a much different life from his, Batman compliments Superman in a way that no other character can, and seeing how MoS ended, Batman actually gives Clark even more things to grow upon.

Also, if you're wondering who's gonna win if there's a fight in the movie:

So yeah

lol

#63 Posted by Techwarrior (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, this is speculation. This is also my speculation. I hope they give equal respect to both characters in the film, I just didn't want this to turn into a popularity contest, where in general non-comic reading public, Batman wins. I do support Batman, he's one of my favorite heroes but any Superman would understand why I'm frustrated.. who knows it might be good. I hope it's based on the World's Finest book, that way everyone sort of wins.

#64 Posted by SuperEnd (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@techwarrior: They are considering calling it Superman vs Batman or Batman vs Superman.

which is a bit sad :(. Heard they gonna get Frank MIller to help with the writing....

#65 Posted by Techwarrior (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@superend: Yes, there has been controversy on which character gets the first slot in the title. I believe it's going to be Superman because it his MOS2 basically and he's sort of DC's flagship hero.

#66 Posted by kapitein_zeppos (341 posts) - - Show Bio

There is only one problem with the whole idea.

They would steal the very dramatic idea of the Man of Steel confronting the Dark Knight, but leaving Context all alone in a dark empty place. "Hello ? Anyone ?"

#67 Posted by Black_Claw (2996 posts) - - Show Bio

@superend: if they get Frank Miller on board then my excitement for this movie will hit rock bottom.

#68 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@superend: if they get Frank Miller on board then my excitement for this movie will hit rock bottom.

It already did for me. Frank Miller just put the nail on the coffin for me...

#69 Posted by Jayc1324 (12323 posts) - - Show Bio

You are all batman haters. Why not just try to enjoy the movie when it comes out? Instead of bashing something we know nothing about.

Also it's biased to say superman is better than batman. Especially since batman sells more movies, has better games, stories, is more popular etc. Batman fans get the last laugh always. Now I'm gonna go hide before you all kill me. Just speaking the truth

#70 Edited by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerd_of_a_hero said:

A Superman sequel having Lex Luthor as the main villain while working with the U.S. government trying to create a weapon based on alien technology left by Zod so they can take down Superman out of fear, but the weapon turns on them which becomes Brainiac so Superman has to save the day once again from alien threats to mankind. That would've been a great story line for the sequel. I can see if they're having Batman as a side character to help Superman in the events of the movie like with Black Widow did in Iron Man 2, but if they trying to have Batman fight Superman in a 'The Dark Knight Returns" fashion they better come up with a way for him to do so since theirs no Kryptonite involved.

Dude thats the coolest idea for supes sequel, what it should have been. Never even thought of that. I love Braniac and Lex together. It would be even better if Lex knows earlier whats going to happen, but Braniac promises ultimate knowledge if he aids him. It would be sick.

#71 Posted by MaccyD (4164 posts) - - Show Bio

My immature mind noticed the 69 results... Now I've distracted you, please stop fighting and ranting at each other?

#72 Posted by JasonHawke (1384 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman stomps.

(Do not reply)

#73 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (887 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: It was originally this guys idea, but I'm pretty sure some fans were thinking some what the same thing. Skip to 12:07 for the details.

As for the Batman? Superman story, I think it'll turn out good but I'm still skeptical about it but it's too big for them to mess this up since they're counting on this for more DC movies like the Justice League film, Flash, and so forth. I think this video pretty much explains itself.

#74 Edited by sinestro_GL (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

I was also very disappointed with the quoting of TDKR...

#75 Posted by zeejaybay (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are you guys even upset?

TDKR is voted #31 of the top 100 Superman comics of all time here. You guys should be more than mindlessly thrilled and ridiculously grateful.

#76 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman "fans" are starting to make me sick to my very core. I honestly want another Superman vs. Thor thread.

Also, you knuckleheads DESERVE another Superman Returns. Badly.

#77 Edited by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to see superman lose to batman. I don't like batman. I never will. I respect his abilities and understand that he will give superman a fight. I love superman, got the logo tatted on me and buy every ongoing even though action comics isn't all that great. but superman losing on the big screen, I don't think I can take it. I hope its a vs instead of a team up because I will be more excited, but scared of the outcome.

#78 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Edited by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@tektheninja: problem - this following quote form Zack Snyder:

"It's too early for me to discuss the film. However, regardless of how I feel about Superman, ultimately I have to go along with the direction that Warner Bros. thinks is best".

My expectations upon seeing that hit an all time low.... all my fears...all my concerns.... all my dreams....

WHY ZACK?!?!?WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!!?

I'm calling it early, but I blame Jon Peters for anything wrong in this film....

#81 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: It was originally this guys idea, but I'm pretty sure some fans were thinking some what the same thing. Skip to 12:07 for the details.

Best review I've seen. Zack Snyder and David Goyer need to talk to this guy...

#82 Edited by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@tektheninja: problem - this following quote form Zack Snyder:

"It's too early for me to discuss the film. However, regardless of how I feel about Superman, ultimately I have to go along with the direction that Warner Bros. thinks is best".

My expectations upon seeing that hit an all time low.... all my fears...all my concerns.... all my dreams....

WHY ZACK?!?!?WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!!?

I'm calling it early, but I blame Jon Peters for anything wrong in this film....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:

#83 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Edited by slade_wilson (473 posts) - - Show Bio

All hints pointing at Bats beating Supes (that quote, Frank Miller rumors, etc) are just execs f'ing with you. Nothing more, nothing less.

#85 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everyone,

We've all heard the news, and it's bitter sweet. I'd love another Superman movie, but Batman in the sequel.. just what? I can't believe this, and to me the biggest is the quote that Frank Miller said, he quoted what Batman quoted when he "beat" Superman in the Dark Knight Returns.. Oh my god..What? Just what? You bring new respect to Superman, and you announce it with a Batman quote, oh my god. I just can't believe this, and sadly not many people will accept, that Superman is better than Batman. Really? I just can't. They leave Superman at an emotional crossroad at the end of Man of Steel, and Batman and Superman movie comes out.. We all know that the Batman is going to steal all the credit.. cause he's more popular.. but this isn't the time especially casting a new Batman.. The worst part is.. I bet they're going to make Superman loose to Batman gawwwd. Well there you go guys lol.

I´m so annoyed by this news. Not just as a Superman fan, who thinks MOS was imperfect, but a sequel had a real chance of mending some of the most horrendous plot points in MOS. But also as a DC fan. No definitive news about any other characters WW, Flash, John Stewart, Manhunter, Shazaam. All these guys have great epic stories. What the hell is wrong with WB/DC? Do they need to be drawn a road map. We´re getting a movie about a man whose powers are he can communicate with ants and can make him self really small (Ant Man) before you get the classic timeless fish out of water story of a warrior princess, from a utopian and peaceful society, gifted with incredible powers, and made champion of the gods, brought to our world on the brink of its destruction by a God who wants to plunge us into WW3. What sounds like a better movie? Honestly?

Or Flash, a superhero, who caught in a lab accident finds he has the very powers to move and think faster than the speed of light and therefore the ability to literally bend the laws of physics. Marvel is just kicking DC ass into the last century. Its devastating, cause just look at DC´s animated features and you see just how amazing there characters and how rich there stories are. Flashpoint Paradox is awesome. That could have been the goddamn JL movie.

I think DC need to just allow seperate talents to come up`with their own stories for these characters and have JL movies which are more like elseworld comics, starring the people from the separate universes. Just to kick start some non Batman related franchises. Then finally do a JL movie when they are brought together from their respective worlds which were different Earths or dimensions. So the JL is the greatest heroes and warriors from different universes come together, brought to save another Earth from a powerful mysterious force.

#87 Posted by JarvisDean (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The Superman/ Batman movie will suck simply because Zack Snyder is involved. That little hack sucks all the depth right out of everything he touches. The introduction to a brand new Batman is going to happen in a sequel to a not-all-that-successful Superman movie helmed by Snyder?? Yeah, good luck with that.

#88 Edited by Bezza (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

It is an anathema to me that DC, which for me has the more interesting mainstream characters, simply cannot get its act together with movies. However, I really wish people would stop being so negative about Batman/Superman before any details are known. Too many people have gone overboard due to the DKR references at launch. We don't know for sure that Batman will beat Superman and that Superman will be over-shadowed.

The way I see it, is that Batman/Superman makes a load of cash and breaks the 1 billion dollar box office Mark. This encourages Warner Brothers to open the coffers and we get more films..I hope..... I mean come on WB sort it out! Marvel are planning an ANT Man and a Dr Strange film, these are B list characters at best and you cant even give us a WW Film or any confirmation of a FLASH movie, two of your best characters with a history of over 70 years each!

#89 Edited by Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever (437 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. I was looking for a thread where someone voices there opinions about how they think the new movies will go. But I can see that anybody with a different opinion gets ranted and flamed by all you arrogant people....

#90 Posted by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

It's delayed now for two years just wait and see what happens, it could be a complete dud or a superhero epic that shift the genre as The Dark Knight and The Avengers did.

#91 Posted by Whowatchesthewatchmen (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Calm down. Man of Steel made a sh!t ton of money, they know the Superman fans are a big part of their audience, they won't disrespect him. Superman fans are being way too defensive about this. Snyder even explicitly stated that the movie will NOT be based on The Dark Knight Returns in any way, that was just the most well-known quote they could think of.

There will be a fight, because people will want to see a fight. There will not be a definitive winner, because they don't want to piss off either fanbase, because they want to continue making money off of BOTH fanbases. I understand why Superman fans are so quick to react to this way, with all the morons who have shunted Superman in favor of Batman over the years, but your rage is unjustified. There is nothing to support any of your hatred at this point. Both heroes will be treated with respect, Superman isn't going to lose to Batman, Batman won't steal the spotlight (though he will have some of it, because he IS a co-star in the movie) and everything will be okay.

And before anyone jumps on me for being a Batman fanboy (there is absolutely no reason to, but I know that some of you out there would) I have to point out that Superman is my favorite superhero, and I'm bored to death of Batman at the moment.

Exactly! No winners in these kind of films! Just watch all the alien vs Predator movies!

#92 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (887 posts) - - Show Bio

And that's why it'll be funny. There to concern of rushing to make a JL film rather than take it's time on developing both Batman and Supermen and focusing on making a better story with love and care. On resent news there's pushing it to 2016 and having the writer from Agro do the story so there's plenty of time on them and making the movie better. So who knows. If the movie comes out great than what you'd expect, then it did it's job and made you and everyone happy. If not, well, at least I'll get a good laugh of how bad it'll be and focus on the animated movies.

#93 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11704 posts) - - Show Bio

"Hey, this news only came out a week ago, and all we have is a vague title and a vague idea"

"Let's judge it anyway and automatically say it's gonna suck based on our vague opinion on the vague idea"

"YAY!"

There aren't enough clapping gifs on the internet for this post.

#94 Posted by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

"YAY!"

There aren't enough clapping gifs on the internet for this post.

Yep!

#95 Posted by KingAres109 (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

I could care less if Batman gets a origin or not.Nor does he really need one.Everyone in this thread knows how Batman became Batman.So throw him,WW,Flash and any other JLer in the movie.We haven't seen any DC heroes on a live-action screen together before.So roll with it.

#96 Posted by Valdemocnij (554 posts) - - Show Bio

A few reasons...

1. bad choice of actors and actress...

2. so much not needed characters in movie... Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The flash, Aquaman, someone say and Martian Manhunter.... (c'mon... this is not JLA)...

3. in advance announced things, which will more surprise us when we saw on the big screen that we dont know in advance... ( Possible other DC characters )...

..have and more reasons in my opinion, but i don't wanna be boring :)

#98 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

THe OP doesn't prove tHe BS movie will be bad. It only proves SuperFans will be bummed out wHile tHe CHildren of tHe Bats will get all giggity and continue to Hype tHe BatGod MytHos.

-ABstract4$$#073-

#99 Edited by flameboy298 (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

I see this movie either as being Epic Mind Blowing or just a failure like Green Lantern