Superman as a cosmic hero ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

Are their any book where supes is a cosmic hero ? Also could a title where supes is a cosmic hero work out ? I think it could.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it could work, and may be an improvement in some ways. I will have to think about any existing examples where he is a cosmic hero the whole time, and not just shown as such for a couple of pages (like in Final Crisis where he destroys ALE Darkseid who is a multiversal destroyer and stands up to an evil Anti-Monitor in the abyss).

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By consolemaster001

I think it could work, and may be an improvement in some ways. I will have to think about any existing examples where he is a cosmic hero the whole time, and not just shown as such for a couple of pages (like in Final Crisis where he destroys ALE Darkseid who is a multiversal destroyer and stands up to an evil Anti-Monitor in the abyss).

Pretty much my answer

JUSTICE !!-CM01

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't we need to come up with some cosmic villains for him to fight then?

For inspiration, I suggest we look to cosmic marvel!

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deaditegonzo

Wouldn't we need to come up with some cosmic villains for him to fight then?

For inspiration, I suggest we look to cosmic marvel!

Well, Brainiac is truly a cosmic villain. Darkseid. He could take on Sinestro (Sorry Hal, sometimes its a job for Superman). But yeah, theyd probably need to add more.

Supes1903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Helspont has already been introduced in the new52 as a Superman villain. I think they're going in the right direction now.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Helspont has already been introduced in the new52 as a Superman villain. I think they're going in the right direction now.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Superman's own books he's had many off-world adventures, so in that sense he is a bit of a cosmic hero.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supes1903 said:

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did Thor go into the Cosmos for as long as he did?

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably a bad idea. Superman isn't just about how powerful he is. Superman is about what he stands for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

As a general rule, I prefer it when he stays in Metropolis because the city is such an integral part of Superman.

That said, I think it could work if Superman was somewhat more cosmic in one of his titles but Earth-based in the others.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Superman's own books he's had many off-world adventures, so in that sense he is a bit of a cosmic hero.

this of course.

Probably a bad idea. Superman isn't just about how powerful he is. Superman is about what he stands for.

you are partially right. Superman is mainly about what he stands for (justice,hope,ecc..) but he is also about power,and some stories representing him more as a cosmic hero won't be bad for him.

however we will have a short run on action comics ( which starts with issue # 22) that will represent him more as such. i really hope that it will be a good story arc.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom said:

@crash_recovery said:

this of course.

@knightrise said:

you are partially right. Superman is mainly about what he stands for (justice,hope,ecc..) but he is also about power,and some stories representing him more as a cosmic hero won't be bad for him.

however we will have a short run on action comics ( which starts with issue # 22) that will represent him more as such. i really hope that it will be a good story arc.

Im excited. Lobdell's taking over, so maybe we can get a consistent Supes across his titles!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

As a cosmic hero? It could work but he works better sticking to Earth as he's viewed as the Protector and more importantly, the inspiration for humanity. He's a symbol of hope and something for people to aspire to.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: What I mean is his main title should not become him waging war on Apokolips and meeting Emotional Entities

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By toptom

@deaditegonzo said:

@toptom said:

@crash_recovery said:

this of course.

@knightrise said:

Im excited. Lobdell's taking over, so maybe we can get a consistent Supes across his titles!

i am excited too( i am not a lobdell hater),even if i am going to miss tony daniel on AC : his short run seems to be fantastic!

@knightrise said:

@toptom: What I mean is his main title should not become him waging war on Apokolips and meeting Emotional Entities

..well those things could be great IF they are well done. however representing supes (sometimes) as a cosmic hero can be a refreshing and an interesting take on his character, but as you say, they don't have to be the majority.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deaditegonzo
  • The Majority of Superman stories should still take place on Earth, where he is a symbol of Hope and a protector of the People.
  • A Cosmic Superman story, maybe (especially) him waging war on Apokolips, could be awesome if done well.

Huzzah, we have all come to a Gentlemen/lady's agreement. Reginald fetch my pen so I may write my good friend Jim Lee.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone here think they should add in newer cosmic level baddies for him to fight on the scale of Mongul, Darkseid, and etc?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone here think they should add in newer cosmic level baddies for him to fight on the scale of Mongul, Darkseid, and etc?

Definitely, and I hope to see more Helspont. Also, writers need to be less afraid of Superman's power.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees said:

Definitely, and I hope to see more Helspont. Also, writers need to be less afraid of Superman's power.

Whose Helspont?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This dude. He BACKHANDED Supes into the moon and gave him a concussion. He has telepathic abilities. He is like what Darkseid used to be back in the day.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This dude. He BACKHANDED Supes into the moon and gave him a concussion. He has telepathic abilities. He is like what Darkseid used to be back in the day.

What's his deal and his story?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicvine.com/helspont/4005-40632/

He is originally a Wildstorm character, which I confess I never read much of. But in the New 52 he is a usurped leader of the Alien Daemonites, who came to the Earth, really for the soul purpose of toppling the daemonites who over threw him. He wanted to make Superman his weapon in doing so, with the benefit to Superman supposedly being that the humans would be left alive, but Supes said no deal and attacked, initially dropping a mountain on him. The next encounter did not go well for Superman at all.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah yes, the daemonites. Aren't they the sworn enemy of Majestic's race of mini-Darkseid's/Dr.Dooms? called the Kherum?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: I believe so yes. Of course Majestic seems to be something new altogether, in the New 52.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HeWhoSees

@hewhosees: I believe so yes. Of course Majestic seems to be something new altogether, in the New 52.

Tell me more. All I really have to go on for Majestic is his entry on this site and Captain Atom: Armageddon and Majestic: Strange Visitor (the arc in Superman, I think, collected in a four issue trade paper back).

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: There may be people a lot more familiar with Wildstorm better suited to give you the run down. Like I said, I never really read Wildstorm, I only know the New 52 characters. In the New 52 Majestic is tied to some clandestine organization, and their experiments, although there is reference to some initial assault on the world from Majestros. Im not solid on the deets for him, as his story is mainly told in books I dont read a lot of (Team 7, and one other).

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• The Majority of Superman stories should still take place on Earth, where he is a symbol of Hope and a protector of the People.
  • A Cosmic Superman story, maybe (especially) him waging war on Apokolips, could be awesome if done well.

Huzzah, we have all come to a Gentlemen/lady's agreement. Reginald fetch my pen so I may write my good friend Jim Lee.

@hewhosees said:

...i agree soo much

No Caption Provided

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a cosmic hero? It could work but he works better sticking to Earth as he's viewed as the Protector and more importantly, the inspiration for humanity. He's a symbol of hope and something for people to aspire to.

This, superman is for earth,him leaving it wld be out of character.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By Billy Batson

Superman: Exile.

BB

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By colonyofcells

I prefer Superman as a space hero without being too powerful. The New Gods use mother boxes to get around. Superman can also use kryptonian gadgets to open warps or kryptonian ships to have space adventures. Marvel is using Iron Man to help promote Guardians of the Galaxy. Dc can use Superman to help promote a new space team or a reboot of the old space team Legion. For a new space team, can go with the more popular characters like Hal Jordan, Superman, Lobo, etc. to help out the less popular characters like Darkstars, Vega people, Vril Dox, etc. For a Legion reboot, Superman can use a Legion ring to open star gates or use a Legion ship like the good old days.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BB

I saw that once in my local library...was that an elseworld's thing or what because I rarely see it mentioned.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, a friend of mine came up with an idea on how a cosmic arc involving him could work.

First though, anyone ever heard of Power Rangers Lost Galaxy?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@billy_batson said:

BB

I saw that once in my local library...was that an elseworld's thing or what because I rarely see it mentioned.

Nah, it was a regular arc.

BB

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see a cosmic superman arc. For example he teams up with Orion, Lobo, Darkseid, Maxima and other cosmic characters that I can't think of right now to the beings imprisoned at the source wall from returning

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman was universe hero

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By colonyofcells

Superman vs Imperiex (Our Worlds At War) was a big story that also involved Darkseid so that could be considered a cosmic story. Final Crisis had Mandrakk and Darkseid. The upcoming multiverse story involving earth 2 could be a cosmic story. It would be fun to see Superman and Hal Jordan lead a space team that includes Lobo, Vril Dox, etc.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay everybody, here's my idea:

You know how there are 28 known Galaxies according to the Oans? Well...what if, there was another one, and, for some reason or another, Supes suddenly found himself transported to that galaxy. A LOST GALAXY, if you will, with all new threats and dangers and with the main goal of the arc to be to find a way back to familiar space via space ship (like Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, only with an ACTUAL Lost Galaxy) while also dealing with the said cosmic threats and dangers?