Superman ANIME

• 66 results
Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Folks, is it weird that I want to see an anime adaptation of Superman? Could you imagine Superman going balls to wall and over the top DBZ/Gurren Lagann style?

Then again, that's just my opinion.

Tell me what you think?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be cool, I prefer anime/manga over most western comics so I would probably enjoy it.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

Anime Justice League.

With One Piece style fights

Beata

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By SaintWildcard

I think Brian's New 52 Wonder WOman run would make great for an anime adaptation. You wouldn't have to cut out the incest and you could go as bloody as you want. As for Superman.... eh. It's kinda hard for me to imagine how they can do Superman in anime form, which is weird considering I'm a big supporter of Superman going from his golden age rookie self and growing in experience and strength as he goes along. Most people around here want him to reach full maturity after an arc or 3, I'd be fine with stretching it out over 5-10 years worth of material.

Like Smallville... but good

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The One Punch Man anime sounds like a parody of Superman (not the first, AKira Toriyama also did one)

Loading Video...

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No. There is no need to bastardize him

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are some Anime drawings of him... just for kicks

And for some reason the one from Unbound keeps appearing so...

FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SaintWildcard
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: the first one looks like something out of a homo erotic fan fic. The second one is just a cliché and unoriginal manga style drawing that makes about 98% of the stuff on deviantart. The third one is really dope, I have to admit

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The One Punch Man anime sounds like a parody of Superman (not the first, AKira Toriyama also did one)

Loading Video...

To begin, that's an awesome video.

Secondly, yeah, I can agree that a Superman Anime would be interesting, and something like a shonen style might compliment the character a little better than most would expect. Batman had a series of Anime shorts done for him in Gotham Night, and that was a bit more gritty, stylised and down to earth, which suited the general theme of the character.

What could go wrong? Marvel had the Mangaverse and that... uh... how did that go, exactly?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Please no :P

I don't think the style of Shonen anime mixes well with Superman. Actually with no american Super-hero. They are created and evolved differently.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the style of Shonen anime mixes well with Superman. Actually with no american Super-hero. They are created and evolved differently.

It can, ya'll old school fans are just an impatient bunch. It be hard, but not impossible

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

X-Men anime turned out so well didn't it...

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Come on, don't you think that Japanese Superman could be awesome? No? C'mon...

No Caption Provided

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

It can, ya'll old school fans are just an impatient bunch. It be hard, but not impossible

I don't like the over the top style shonen use. What has that to do with ANYTHING you posted?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

>-> You don't make it better.

If we were going for an adaption of mainstream Superman no. If we were going for a vague adaption, with many creative freedoms like the Super-Mecha you posted then yes. But then, this cartoon would only be a Superman cartoon by name :P

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:
@squalleon said:

I don't like the over the top style shonen use. What has that to do with ANYTHING you posted?

Then that's just taste

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

Then that's just taste

I thought the sentence "I think" made sure of that :P

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SaintWildcard

@squalleon said:
@saintwildcard said:
@squalleon said:

Then that's just taste

I thought the sentence "I think" made sure of that :P

The way you phrased it implies that shonen won't mix will with a deeply western to the core superhero like Superman. You just straight out don't like SHonen, so you wouldn't like it to begin with. Which is fine, shonen isn't everyone's cup of tea

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think I'm fine if this will ever happen. :D Well at least make him look really fine af.

And yeah, a JL one would be nice too. :)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way you phrased it implies that shonen won't mix will with a deeply western to the core superhero like Superman. You just straight out don't like SHonen, so you wouldn't like it to begin with.

I still don't think they can mix anyway not only because of me. Even when I try to see it as objectively as I can, I still think it can't work well.

Drawn out arcs with fights as their center as opposed to the characters and plot. Dumping down the scenario. Something like JL WAR comes to mind but more drawn out and even more over the top. At some point it stops being Superman and it starts becoming a show about someone who resembles Superman.

Can you make it?Sure, should you? Meh.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

The way you phrased it implies that shonen won't mix will with a deeply western to the core superhero like Superman. You just straight out don't like SHonen, so you wouldn't like it to begin with.

I still don't think they can mix anyway not only because of me. Even when I try to see it as objectively as I can, I still think it can't work well.

Drawn out arcs with fights as their center as opposed to the characters and plot. Dumping down the scenario. Something like JL WAR comes to mind but more drawn out and even more over the top. At some point it stops being Superman and it starts becoming a show about someone who resembles Superman.

With that attitude anything will suck.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

Which attitude? I have seen my fair share of both Superman and Shonen and I don't think they can mix very well. Then I brought fourth JL WAR for example which is the closest to a shonen anime I can think, which I disliked. Perfectly valid logic.

And at the end someone can make Sherlock Holmes a time-travelling Neanderthal. Should I eagerly expect it to exist? :P

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

Which attitude? I have seen my fair share of both Superman and Shonen and I don't think they can mix very well. Then I brought fourth JL WAR for example which is the closest to a shonen anime I can think, which I disliked. Perfectly valid logic.

I saw JL War, I liked it, but I wouldn't consider it Shonen. Most of the things you say Shonen has are things that I can only attribute to old school ones and not the new ones. DBZ had those flaws, but everyone knows that DBZ was just a dumb boy anime. Hardly comes close to the plot and character development in some like Naruto and One Piece (*coughs up blood*, I hated to admit it cus I hate the main cast of One Piece but the world they have is brilliant). One of the things Shonen does well is have these huge worlds with lots of back story that inter connects and grows. I also love how they have Evil Groups of villains that work together under the thumb of the major bad guy. These are reasons I think it can work, but to each their own I guess

EDIT- I just realized that he used DBZ as an example.... huh. Either way, I think it be a fun dumb idea if that's the vibe the Superman anime would go for

And at the end someone can make Sherlock Holmes a time-travelling Neanderthal. Should I eagerly expect it to exist? :P

At some point Sherlock Holmes will fight something in a movie, just like Aberham Lincoln fought Vampires

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeremy1989:

Absolutely. In fact I've been expecting it to happen from quite sometime.

Lets face it. No one does animation like the japonese. The sheer beauty, scale, and details put into each Anime far surpasses anything made in America.

When I see Anime it's like seeing a movie with real characters, when I see the movies and TV animations of DC and Marvel, it's actually painstaking. They don't look real, sound real, even the stories are sometimes bad jokes of the original one's.

There's simply no comparing the two.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I want a Justice League anime:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@jeremy1989:

Absolutely. In fact I've been expecting it to happen from quite sometime.

Lets face it. No one does animation like the japonese. The sheer beauty, scale, and details put into each Anime far surpasses anything made in America.

When I see Anime it's like seeing a movie with real characters, when I see the movies and TV animations of DC and Marvel, it's actually painstaking. They don't look real, sound real, even the stories are sometimes bad jokes of the original one's.

There's simply no comparing the two.

Come on. The DC movies are great, and so is the animation. The animation done by Japanese artists is great, but it's just as good as Western:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

They aren't even far off.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If batman can do it, so can superman ala madhouse or yesh studio trigger.

Superman needs to be an excitable superhero again and amazing fictional world, think gurren lagan with a hint of dbz and tiger and bunny.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jogga

You have to admit. Silver Age Superman is absolutely perfect for an anime adaptation.

Heck, Silver Age Superman practically inspired over-the-top anime.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:
@squalleon said:

You have to admit. Silver Age Superman is absolutely perfect for an anime adaptation.

Heck, Silver Age Superman practically inspired over-the-top anime.

I don't see the similarity. I mean at all. Not being condescending but I think there is a massive difference. For example Batman:The Brave and the Bold was exactly SA comics put on screen.

There is a different focus on its medium. And Silver age comics-while rediculous- they have different qualities. Done in one stories, the ridiculousness was in the story not in the way it is presented, the fights weren't the focus, as weird as it sounds. There was a different background, non-linear or connected storyline as opposed to the lengthy year long arcs of shonen anime.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345:

Really!? Then why hasn't american animation done stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCFYZJcIo7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCfmKj5w7RI

You know. 21st century animation at its best.

The stories might not have been the best stuff writen, but at least the sheer magnitude and scale of just those two examples I've given you, goes to show, what american animation should be doing.

And not this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=donPLB1xaBw

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@username12345:

Really!? Then why hasn't american animation done stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCFYZJcIo7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCfmKj5w7RI

You know. 21st century animation at its best.

Like I said, I would like to see a Justice League anime, I just think Western and Japanese cartoons are equals.

But if you want good animation I think Under the Red Hood is the best:

Loading Video...

The stories might not have been the best stuff writen, but at least the sheer magnitude and scale of just those two examples I've given you, goes to show, what american animation should be doing.

And not this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=donPLB1xaBw

Loading Video...

There are bad and good examples in both medias.

Avatar image for jesusthesefanboys
Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

No Caption Provided

Lmfao.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguindust said:
@squalleon said:

No Caption Provided

Lmfao.

Btw, I never asked were was this from?

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Atek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have this crazy idea for an anime Superman Show

The main anime company that will do the animation has to be ufotable or Production I.G. I know they hire smaller animation studio to reduce the work, but they have the main one for their work. Ufotable for their work on Fate franchise or Productuin I.G. for knowing their stuff when it comes to anime.

For his voice actor I think George Newbern, Adam Baldwin, or Kyle Maclachlan. I even take a new person who can just gave us a voice of hope in the dark. The voice acting should be on par or better than Keith Daivd Spawn.

The music has to be badass. Like the some of the song's should be stuck in your head.

The story has to serialized with no fillers. It should about him fighting his inner demon while some fucked shit is happen. Also, everyone should have a brain, which means if a person see a barrel on fire coming very slowly they should be scared and stay still but move out the way.

The anime will be together USA and Japan. So, I like Chris Yost as the story edior and Gen Urobuchi work.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah but then we get 20 episodes of filler 10 episodes of screaming and then a solid second of fighting and then it's rinse and repeat.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Yeah but then we get 20 episodes of filler 10 episodes of screaming and then a solid second of fighting and then it's rinse and repeat.

Not all animes are like that.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If done right it would work, I say bring on the Smallville take to it , start out with Chloe and the gang but in this take have Chloe take on the pen name of Lois Lane.

Have a wider feel a pen name for Lois and then after a year or two of Lois she dies and you get Diana and you go on from there.

So everybody has the cake and ice cream. Well all but the Lana people but hey I am not much on Lana Sorry. Who was the mermaid ok well we can leave her out to lol. I am pretty sure Clark crushed on a few women in the between of it all as well but you just cannot please them all.

It would be nice to see him travel and what he did in those travels. What he learned be it medicine and kung fu because he is a very fast learner like Goku show him once he has it down. Clark can see somebody fight and pick up the move. This is what makes him a great hero he learns on the fly if he has to.

Super hearing and great eyesight I am sure he could cast a few spells if he was around the right people. Lord have mercy if him and Dr. Strange ever was in the same group.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If done right it would work, I say bring on the Smallville take to it , start out with Chloe and the gang but in this take have Chloe take on the pen name of Lois Lane.

Have a wider feel a pen name for Lois and then after a year or two of Lois she dies and you get Diana and you go on from there.

So everybody has the cake and ice cream. Well all but the Lana people but hey I am not much on Lana Sorry. Who was the mermaid ok well we can leave her out to lol. I am pretty sure Clark crushed on a few women in the between of it all as well but you just cannot please them all.

It would be nice to see him travel and what he did in those travels. What he learned be it medicine and kung fu because he is a very fast learner like Goku show him once he has it down. Clark can see somebody fight and pick up the move. This is what makes him a great hero he learns on the fly if he has to.

Super hearing and great eyesight I am sure he could cast a few spells if he was around the right people. Lord have mercy if him and Dr. Strange ever was in the same group.

Plus we can get a chance to have a DBZ/Superman crossover. You know Superman vs Goku.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to see something like this happen Involving Superman.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

I prefer the Fate/Stay Night UBW choreography and fluidity. I can't stand anything remotely similar to Naruto after the manga.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:

Meh.

I prefer the Fate/Stay Night UBW choreography and fluidity. I can't stand anything remotely similar to Naruto after the manga.

Fair enough.

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46  Edited By Batmanx2005

Is it story of rikki oh or dragon ball z kinda of like a superman anime. Well story of Rikki-oh main character is more of a hybrid of batman and superman

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jogga

You guys also have to understand that, for a Superman anime to be possible, the anime/manga in question will probably have to be Seinen instead of Shounen.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:

You guys also have to understand that, for a Superman anime to be possible, the anime/manga in question will probably have to be Seinen instead of Shounen.

Probably gonna go the Shounen route.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Fairly good anime renditions.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts