• 67 results
#51 Posted by PowerWoman (3461 posts) - - Show Bio

First time superman vs shazam,superman wins,but not because he have more stronger,faster,more powerful,it's just because..eh...

Shazam is really powerful charater,he strength is no limit,infinite speed,and Absolute invulnerability,you cant hurt him,oh,superman hurt him is because shazam become weakerin superman universe,lol

So,if shazam vs superman,back silver age,both was absolute invulnerability,they are cant hurt each other,like this

I know that was sounds crazy,but if a bronze age superman(who isnt absolute invulnerability) can withstand big bang(BA superman and superman-prime)a silver age superman would be withstand more,if it's true absolute invulnerability

Both equal to strength,(I post some shazam feats)and as fast as PC superman(beyond infinite)and even both have same PIS power

The only way superman can beat shazam,it's just because DC dont want to superman lose,they are depowered capation marvel,well,we know this is pretty selfish

#52 Edited by PowerWoman (3461 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman: Why shazam beat superman is need magic...

No,capation marvel always as powerful as superman,even silver age superman,but I know pre-52 DC depowered him,they are isnt give him good feats,DC was sucks,you know why?because capation marvel can do anything superman can do,though it's clear dc dont like this idea

#53 Posted by RDClip (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Yep DC wants Superman to be the strongest hero in their universe. That's just something you have to accept. That's probably why they depowered Power Girl in her JLI days. (at least they are allowing other Kryptonians, that why Power Girl was retconned to be Atlantian and Supergirl was a shapeshifting alien in the early 90's)

#54 Posted by PowerWoman (3461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip: 100% right,That why I always dont get this idea,I'm more like Golden age capation marvel and Silver age supergirl,dont like Pre-52,both was weaker than superman,I dont like it

#55 Posted by PowerWoman (3461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip: Powergirl isnt need depowered...because she from earth 2,check pre-crisis powergirl feats,she isnt as powerful as E1 supergirl or E1 superman..I dont know why dc need depowered her

#56 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: I believe I've made this point before - you can't base all your arguments on Pre-Crisis. Especially not under N52 - it's extremely old continuity.

I also never said Shazam shouldn't be able to beat Superman - I said I don't think magic should be viewed and used as an actual "weakness". And DC have used Shazam several times to be Superman's "equal" in terms of power. He was created as an analogue of Superman - so of course he is on par with him. Look at KC - Shazam is ultimately the one who saves the day, and at the time was beating a much older and stronger Superman. In N52 we have no idea how they stack up against each other yet. Usually if Superman "wins", it's due to PIS - my memory is that they normally bring them to stalemate - although personally I think Superman SHOULD be more powerful. But that's just me.

#58 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman: http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2011/05/superman-vs-captain-marvel.html

Here,superman not "wins".Pre-crisis,both was equal,Pre-52,well,DC dont like shazam,so he maybe weaker than superman

But the truth is pretty selfish,because shazam never weaker than someone,if superman can do anyything,shazam can do it too,except DC malicious depowered shazam(Pre-52 shazam isnt have any strength feats)

I can't read that link - it's coming up in (I think) Chinese? Again though, I'm not sure exactly what point you're making to me specifically. I think you're saying that DC make Superman out to be better than Shazam, while you think Shazam should be superior or at least equal to Superman? Which I haven't disagreed with.

#59 Posted by PowerWoman (3461 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman: Not chinese

http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2011/05/superman-vs-captain-marvel.html

I'm just think DC should be respect caption marvel,Both was Ultimate powerful,can do anything,equal power,but Pre-52 it's not

#60 Posted by HulkandSupermanFTW (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not understand how a lightning bolt could even reach Superman considering his lightspeed.

#61 Edited by Blackstripe (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the movie "Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam" nailed it perfectly.

Basically, Superman fights with Black Adam and shows that they are generally a match for each other in a brawl. Then Black Adam starts shooting him with lightning, and Superman begins to lose.

BUT! And this is important! Superman doesn't just drop like a brick. He fights on for a while, and even manages to briefly daze Adam by dropping a spire on him, allowing Billy to escape. Yes, he would have been killed if Captain Marvel hadn't shown up, but he didn't just instantly get KO'd by Black Adam's lightning. It was still a good fight, and Superman held his own.

That is basically how a fight between an experience Cap/Shazam and Superman should go, in my opinion.

#62 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

They really need to explain that Superman isn't "weak" to magic, he is just susceptible .

#63 Posted by Blackstripe (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman: Not chinese

http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2011/05/superman-vs-captain-marvel.html

I'm just think DC should be respect caption marvel,Both was Ultimate powerful,can do anything,equal power,but Pre-52 it's not

I'm glad to hear you say that, but you confuse me.

I thought you hated Captain Marvel/Shazam, judging by the threads I saw you post in previously. Is this account controlled by two different people?

#64 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the movie "Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam" nailed it perfectly.

Basically, Superman fights with Black Adam and shows that they are generally a match for each other in a brawl. Then Black Adam starts shooting him with lightning, and Superman begins to lose.

BUT! And this is important! Superman doesn't just drop like a brick. He fights on for a while, and even manages to briefly daze Adam by dropping a spire on him, allowing Billy to escape. Yes, he would have been killed if Captain Marvel hadn't shown up, but he didn't just instantly get KO'd by Black Adam's lightning. It was still a good fight, and Superman held his own.

That is basically how a fight between an experience Cap/Shazam and Superman should go, in my opinion.

Admittedly it was pretty good as to how Superman vs Shazam/Black Adam fights went. Though Superman has shown plenty of magic tanking feats in the past and superior speed feats to Billy.

#65 Posted by Pokeysteve (8442 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Shazam should put the beat down on Superman 6/10 times. He's suppose to have battle tactics from the Gods/Titans.

This isn't right I don't think. Shazam has "The wisdom of Solomon". Solomon was basically a philosopher from way back in the day. Pretty smart guy from what I've on him but not exactly a tactile genius.

You might be thinking of Wonder Woman of is blessed with "The wisdom of Athena". Athena being the goddess of war, wisdom and battle strategy.

#66 Posted by MonsterStomp (19503 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Edited by Pokeysteve (8442 posts) - - Show Bio
#68 Posted by MonsterStomp (19503 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@pokeysteve: Hence why I said "supposed".

That's not what "supposed" means haha.

Generally assumed or believed to be the case, but not necessarily so.

I think I used it right.

#69 Posted by HulkandSupermanFTW (12 posts) - - Show Bio

When a character is claiming himself to be Invulnerable it does not mean that much. Is indestructible something or someone that has not found a sufficient force to destroyed it/him yet. For example, Superman is considered indestructible except his only two weaknesses with exposure to kryptonite radiations and magic (can be hurt but not defated easily by it), however Doomsday used only raw strength to cause him serious injuries and bring him at the edge of Death. Neither Shazam nor Superman are indestructible. They are just so powerful that they need a huge amount of force to be hurt and see their own blood.

#70 Posted by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

Please remember that Captain Marvel is a child at the end of day, he's young and inexperienced and even Superman knows that.