Superman ain't got time for shawarma.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

This isn't a huge spoiler for BvS cus it's been speculated since MoS but it seems that an important scene has just been filmed. Obvious Spoiler up ahead.

A major action scene was shot in July in one of the big studios in Detroit. Without giving too much away… it involves Superman and the United States Capitol building in Washington D.C. (pictured above). Superman will have to answer for what happened at the end of Man of Steel. Half the public blames him for all the death and destruction. If it wasn’t for Superman being there, General Zod would have never come to Earth.

I knew this was obviously gonna happen but this is one of the few leaks I can let pass cus I love it so F***ING MUCH!!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@saint_wildcard: Where's the picture? And where's the source? And how is this a good thing when Superman is responsible for more death and destruction than the good he's done on Earth? It's not beautiful to me, it's just sad confirmation that Snyder and Goyer's Man of Steel is Superman for people who aren't Superman fans.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Where's the picture? And where's the source? And how is this a good thing? when Superman is responsible for more death and destruction than the good he's done on Earth? It's not beautiful to me, it's just sad confirmation that Snyder and Goyer's Man of Steel is Superman for people who aren't Superman fans.

If we were face to face and you were talking all I would hear is that sound the adults on Charlie Brown make

Now I know you plan on having a comeback to my statement, I wonder what it will be.

Now I'm gonna answer the first parts.

Picture-

CapitolBuildingWashingtonDC

Link- http://batman-news.com/2014/08/22/batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-takes-place-washington-d-c/

Why it's a good thing- Because I like that they are dealing with the destruction and how the public will deal with it. It's not just gonna be a quick apology and it's over. This will force Superman to become a better hero and prove himself to the world.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Lvenger

@saint_wildcard: That's far from a mature rebuttal when I could make an equally snarky comeback at your views on Superman and MOS. Hell I could even make the claim that you aren't a real Superman fan. Don't tempt me into doing that, you wouldn't like what you see.

And whilst that is a realistic outcome to what happened in MOS, it doesn't change the fact that this version of Superman is still treated as more of a threat than a hero with damn good reason. Maybe it will make him a better hero but not in my eyes it won't. All it does for me is prove that Superman is formed on terrible moral and ideological foundations that make him a shadow and a disgrace to what he should stand for. I'm not inspired by this version of Superman, I'm disgusted by him and what he's done. Superman shouldn't need to prove himself after causing millions of property damage and costing hundreds, if not thousands of lives in his battle with Zod. He shouldn't need to be a better hero, Superman is supposed to be better straight away. Inexperienced perhaps but still as moral and virtuous as ever. This isn't Superman to me, this is a version of Superman for those that don't actually like Superman.

But thanks for the link, you should probably put that in the OP.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wait, don't superman fans always use the excuse that " his better stories deal with his morality?" Jesus Christ, the hypocrisy...........

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to hear the explanation.

Beata

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Pssshhhh. *whispers* He called you a not real superman fan.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SaintWildcard

@lvenger said:
Loading Video...

Uhhhh, what?

Now this I understand. You're welcome.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

@saint_wildcard: Pssshhhh. *whispers* He called you a not real superman fan.

Really? I didn't hear that at all.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: He's calling you out again.

You just gonna take that?

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Night4345
@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard: That's far from a mature rebuttal when I could make an equally snarky comeback at your views on Superman and MOS. Hell I could even make the claim that you aren't a real Superman fan. Don't tempt me into doing that, you wouldn't like what you see.

And whilst that is a realistic outcome to what happened in MOS, it doesn't change the fact that this version of Superman is still treated as more of a threat than a hero with damn good reason. Maybe it will make him a better hero but not in my eyes it won't. All it does for me is prove that Superman is formed on terrible moral and ideological foundations that make him a shadow and a disgrace to what he should stand for. I'm not inspired by this version of Superman, I'm disgusted by him and what he's done. Superman shouldn't need to prove himself after causing millions of property damage and costing hundreds, if not thousands of lives in his battle with Zod. He shouldn't need to be a better hero, Superman is supposed to be better straight away. Inexperienced perhaps but still as moral and virtuous as ever. This isn't Superman to me, this is a version of Superman for those that don't actually like Superman.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Can't we at least keep a simple topic about the damn filming of this film safe from calling each other names? We're all superman fans here why do we have to start infighting. And by the way anyone calling anyone not a superman fan just because they like a different interoperation is plain wrong and arrogant and i'm simply disgusted at the behaviour shown by some of the fans here. At the end of the day we're all in the same boat. We should be united not divided. Anyway, on topic films looks cool. Can't wait for more information.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Hmm, understandable, that they'd blame him for at least drawing the kryptonians to earth(destruction/lack of direct life saving aside). What i don't understand is that i've heard about a time gap between MOS and this, the rumor is 2 years or so...So after 2 years they haven't yet sorted the whole sitch out?

@bsaa said:

Wait, don't superman fans always use the excuse that " his better stories deal with his morality?" Jesus Christ, the hypocrisy...........

Not morality, Humanity(Notice how Doomed isn't the greatest thing ever). Morality with Superman is a given or at least it should be. That's why i started to dislike MOS greatly, it's lead to this morally ambiguous Superman in comics or rather writers are going out of their way to make it so just so they can justify MOS which i hate and is such a bummer. It's lead to a lot of other stuff too that i'm not too happy about but i'm not gonna explode on this thread.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These threads are always so funny.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Black_Arrow
Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@lvenger: "This isn't Superman to me, this is a version of Superman for those that don't actually like Superman."

That's exactly what this and all CBM's are. Adaptations. They are making they're own take on the character as all CBM's have done in the past and will always do, because they are adaptations.

I guess you're just flustered because it's not an adaptation of the character that you like? I dunno. What I do know is the behavior in this thread from both sides is ridiculous. Both of you two need to calm down.

Edit: I realize it seems I'm only calling you out on it because I didn't tag the other guy, so I'll do that below.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

*Rolls eyes*

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler said:

These threads are always so funny.

Did you like my Charlie Brown comment? It just came to me

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In before flame war.

@lvenger said:

Its Snyderverse Superman, its still Superman.

Just living in a world, with overly dark universe setting, his morals and ethics, being more "realistic that reality" and being bigger that life fights.

Its still Superman, in another universe and setting, but still Superman.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, understandable, that they'd blame him for at least drawing the kryptonians to earth(destruction/lack of direct life saving aside). What i don't understand is that i've heard about a time gap between MOS and this, the rumor is 2 years or so...So after 2 years they haven't yet sorted the whole sitch out?

@bsaa said:

Not morality, Humanity(Notice how Doomed isn't the greatest thing ever). Morality with Superman is a given or at least it should be. That's why i started to dislike MOS greatly, it's lead to this morally ambiguous Superman in comics or rather writers are going out of their way to make it so just so they can justify MOS which i hate and is such a bummer. It's lead to a lot of other stuff too that i'm not too happy about but i'm not gonna explode on this thread.

Maybe they still want some sort of public thing from Superman, and Superman refuses on the grounds that he did all he could do and while he's sorry for what happened, he feels that he the best he could and that he can do good.

He may still make mistakes, but I assume it's Batman that's going to help mold him into the hero we need/want him to be, as sort of a surrogate father-figure, undoing some of the things that Pa Kent did that maybe weren't in line with the way the world needs him, but also reaffirming the earth-born morals that his parents instilled in him. (Even if they do frustrate each other at times.)

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, when will the pettiness cease??

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why should I listen to you PIG!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, when will the pettiness cease??

NEVER!!!!..... or at least until BvS comes out and it blows everyone away (unless it blows in the bad sense of the word)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Good for Superman?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

Why should I listen to you PIG!

I've got a monocle, that means I'm a classy pig. But if that doesn't change your mind, let me show you the dance of my people

Loading Video...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Good for Superman?

Good for us. I'm getting the goosebumps just thinking about it

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers