#1  Edited By Squalleon

Enjoy the awesomeness!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Color me intrigued. Action, BM/SM and Superman are all really good. I'm just hoping SM/WW can pick up the slack

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Color me intrigued. Action, BM/SM and Superman are all really good. I'm just hoping SM/WW can pick up the slack

Definitely the strongest line-up of creators in Superman titles since the early 2000s..

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sweet.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay now im intrigue by this 1st few issue was meh but this this could be intresting

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay now im intrigue by this 1st few issue was meh but this this could be intresting

I think the story would be far more exciting if the pace was a bit faster. But nonetheless the story becomes more and more intriguing and I really didn't expected the twist with the spaceship.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@saint_wildcard: when Geoff Johns could potentially have the weakest Superman book of the month, you know the Superman titles are on point.

Dont forget JL though. That was great stuff too.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknightspideyfanboy: weren't you the one saying that Wraith and Ulysess are one in the same? I hope you dont still believe that.

@squalleon: I think it is slow paced because Geoff already told us he's here for a while and that his book will have no crossovers interrupting it. He's in no rush to get his story done. I agree though, last issue just felt like a set up issue to me, wish it served an actual point.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So my theory is probably right...Superman new powers is perhaps related to Ulysses abillity to absorb energy

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Oh btw, the character The Machinist can be new "genius" type evil villain in Superman mythos. I'm sucker for Brain vs Strength in Superman stories. That is why I like Lex Luthor and Brainiac more than other Superman villains :)

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: still think Ulysses and wraith feel the same hopefully Ulysses has a better more interesting fight then wraith did with superman and he doesn't become a punk like wraith

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Superguy1591
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@superguy1591: personally if Geoff Johns and DC try to rip off Doctor Doom and bring him into DC Universe will be the best decision they ever make !

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nice

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek:

Or, Superman is gonna have to travel to the 4th dimension to stop Ulysses once and for all, and has Ulysses was changed so will Superman.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: i hoping they will

Superman kind of already whipped him once, and last issue confirmed Ulysses really isn't all that strong physically at least. So, I doubt they'll fight each other...

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: what if Superman new power is shoot heat vision and that person who just hit by the heat vision get Superpower. Wow that will be fun. Okay now lets predict Superman new power :)

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or...is Geoff Johns introduce idea of Superman Blue - Superman Red in DC New 52 continuity and modernise it ?

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek:

But that's just it. Superman doesn't need new powers, least of all his old electromagnetic based powers. Remember how worst Superman got after becoming an energy being, and it got even worst when he split into two beings. DC is not gonna fall for the same mistake. I hope...

Being it by he's heat vision and gaining powers would be even worst, because it would make even less sense. When in pre-flashpoint he went to bizarro world that orbited a blue sun, Superman powers started to grow and he got a new one, that came to be called Super-Vision because any normal person hit by it would gain kryptonian powers, if only temporarily.

To me either because Ulysses his gonna supercharge Superman's powers to the point he developes a new one, or the 4th dimensional energies do it instead, the new power is coming.

How long it's gonna stay, is anyone's guess.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: well All Star Superman prove that you can make story from Silver Age and make it awesome and suitable for modern era

After all, All Star Superman is homage and tribute to Silver Age Superman

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek:

True. Problem is that they have been trying or at least seemingly so, to introduce new ways from Superman to use his powers, like with his microwave vision and gamma ray vision, but it was all one time deals. Which is strange seeing that both powers would be actually logic for him to have and use, but we didn't saw it happen, did we. No. They showed it and then they completely discarded them.

And this new power thing, seems more like a publicity stunt. After all Future's End Superman hasn't shown any new power, so it stands to reason that this new power, will not last.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: yeah the more I think about your statement, the more I think this power is just for one story arc deal only

I kind wish some modern age Superman writers in modern era bring backs Silver Age stuff and make it cool for Modern Age. I also don't mind also if modern age Superman writers have new concept and ideas :)

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Black_Arrow

Maybe Superman gets his new powers by traveling to the fourth dimension.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: perhaps.. we until now don't see the new Superman costume that Geoff Johns said will be introduce

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: well, John Romita JR design Ulysses which almost looks like Sentry from Marvel so no surprise if The Machinist is inspire from Doctor Doom

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: I think that's intentional as well--Sentry that is.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Barring the hiccups that were unchained #9 & batman #36 November is shaping up to be quite a good month for the super books including JL :)

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: lol. Please, let us hope that Snyder is done writing Superman since Pak and Johns have done their all to make me forget about Snyder's "super-man."

Avatar image for senior_cuddlebuns
senior_cuddlebuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when is this issue coming out? i've been enjoying the johns run after what I heard about the lobdell run.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon: I think it is slow paced because Geoff already told us he's here for a while and that his book will have no crossovers interrupting it. He's in no rush to get his story done. I agree though, last issue just felt like a set up issue to me, wish it served an actual point.

I am very happy that he will stay for long but when I pay for 3.99 per issue plus shipping I except something that I can read in more than five minutes or at least something that can satisfy my hunger for a month. I know he goes for a character driven story but I have felt that except three-four pages of every issue, the rest is filler. I hope the slow down isn't deliberate so the next story with the changes and all that falls into the first issue of the next year,as the solicits indicate.

I want to make this clear, I love what Johns does in Superman, I may be ranting but that doesn't mean I don't like what he does.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmh. No idea about that new power, but I got impression from Unchained that Kryptonians can theorically manipulate electromagnetic spectrum more than they currently do.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am more intrigued by the new costume rather than the power...

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By toptom

yep. i really hoped we could see it with the febraury solicitations

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom said:

@squalleon said:

Οn one hand I really want to see it now, on the other I really want it to be a surprise, so I can see it the moment I get the issue :P

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom said:

@squalleon said:

Οn one hand I really want to see it now, on the other I really want it to be a surprise, so I can see it the moment I get the issue :P

to be honest i wish i could see it asap since the fact he is getting a new costume and a new power worries me a little bit...i can't stop myself from thinking at the energy supermen of the 90's...i know it won't happen (again) but that is a good example of what terrible ideas dc could deliver from time to time. However i will try to be optimistic and i 've to say that despite everything i trust geoff jhons.(can't whait fro tomorrow!)

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: I really hope Superman have the power of Ulysses which is absorb energy. That will be awesome

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good time to be a Superman fan, John's work on Superman has been really good so far and it looks like he's not letting up, can't wait.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xenonyte: looks like DC finally realise that they need to put great writer on Superman books after terrible writers like Lobdell destroy Superman

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I bought it was Thor in a Superman costume for a sec.

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: looks like it. Better late than never I guess...

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers