• 91 results
#1 Posted by PapiNacho (2871 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman finally succumbs to the Doomsday virus and transforms into SUPERDOOM! Is anybody in the universe safe from his vast power and fury? How can Superman possibly find a cure for his condition when the Monster of Steel has completely taken over his mind?

#2 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11996 posts) - - Show Bio

This event had so much potential....but SuperDoom? No thanks.

#3 Posted by Squalleon (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

*sigh* nothing we didn't expect.

Will this tie to Grant Morrison's Action Comics in a way? Like SuperDoom being a parallel reality Superman that was infected.

#4 Edited by Jayc1324 (12751 posts) - - Show Bio

The hell is a superdoom

#5 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

I am disappointed by this news.

#6 Posted by Squalleon (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

The hell is a superdoom

SuperDoom. This was the superdoom that appeared in Grant Morrison's action comics.
This SD is Superman infected by doomsday...

#7 Posted by PapiNacho (2871 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww come on guys, I posted this to hype people up not bring them down.

#8 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad name but the concept makes me all tingly

#9 Posted by PapiNacho (2871 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the guy fighting him off with the kryptonite thought?

#10 Posted by Jayc1324 (12751 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: so this one is a mixture of the two? Does he have all of doomsdays powers too?

#11 Posted by brenster21 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry for such a noobish question, but what is the doom virus? and who is superdoom?

#12 Edited by Squalleon (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@squalleon: so this one is a mixture of the two? Does he have all of doomsdays powers too?

I know as much as you do. All we know is Doomsday infects Supes with a virus that transforms him slowly.

#13 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (11271 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by PapiNacho (2871 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehipkid: Huh, I thought he might be Steel since Lex is being used by Geoff now and Greg has been going on about how exited he is on Steel's participation.

#15 Posted by Jayc1324 (12751 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: hm. So is this the big doom event I keep hearing about or is that something else? I was interested in seeing superman in die new 52

#16 Edited by Saren (25890 posts) - - Show Bio

Larger cover:

The character he's fighting seems to have purple skin, which I think excludes Steel or Lex. And this is what, 6 issues into his run and Pak blows up a few planets?

#17 Edited by TrueKing95 (763 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he has good feats. I would like to use him in battles

#18 Posted by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

And this event went even more downhill for me.

#19 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, have a snickers.

#20 Posted by ColaNicole (598 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.

#21 Posted by Squalleon (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

The purple guy looks rediculous.
I hope he is not Doomsday's evolved form.

#22 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, is this a cover for a 'Doomed' tie-in, or for Multiversity? Things are getting very wibbly-wobbly for me.

#23 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33884 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, is this a cover for a 'Doomed' tie-in, or for Multiversity? Things are getting very wibbly-wobbly for me.

Doomed.

#24 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3560 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (1931 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Lvenger (20676 posts) - - Show Bio

I was tempted by this event but now I'm definitely not following the tie in issues. That's for certain. If this goes on until after Superman Unchained finishes, I might be off New 52 Superman for a while. I want to read Superman stories thank you very much, not Super-Mutated-Monster. It's a shame this damn tie in is interrupting Pak's interesting run as he could have taken Superman in a great direction with his superb characterisation. But now this event will knock Pak's run off course. I'm definitely taking the overhauled and delayed Unchained series over this overhyped event now.

#27 Posted by Squalleon (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I was tempted by this event but now I'm definitely not following the tie in issues

I think the event takes place in Action Comics, Superman and SM/WW so technically this is the event not a tie-in. Superman: Doomed 1 is a one-shot.

#28 Posted by Farkam (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

What a joke.

#29 Posted by Lvenger (20676 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I was tempted by this event but now I'm definitely not following the tie in issues

I think the event takes place in Action Comics, Superman and SM/WW so technically this is the event not a tie-in. Superman: Doomed 1 is a one-shot.

I'm still going to buy the one shot itself. Only for the big action that's promised though and to find out if Superman starts...acting like he has been portrayed in the general media if you catch my drift :P I won't be picking up Action Comics though and certainly not SM/WW.

#30 Edited by Squalleon (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@squalleon said:

@lvenger said:

I'm still going to buy the one shot itself. Only for the big action that's promised though and to find out if Superman starts...acting like he has been portrayed in the general media if you catch my drift :P I won't be picking up Action Comics though and certainly not SM/WW.

I get you. MoS was nice for what it was but I don't want it in my comics!
Funny thing is Pak is one of the spear-heads of this event, but this concept sounds too Lobdell :-P. I won't pick up the event at all, until I see the reviews, after that I may give it a shot. I just hope Pak's AC remains independent after the event. It is my favorite Superman title since Morrison's run and I see so much promise in it, if DC doesn't start the endless crossovers.

#31 Edited by SanoHibiki (1574 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Superdoom – this is a bit silly name, but I more surprised in how many people surprised by those news (when it is already couple of weeks since I saw that).

Can’t wait for this Doomed event!

#32 Edited by SanoHibiki (1574 posts) - - Show Bio

Question:

I dont want to be rude, because you are very good writer. You write superman better than anyone so far in the New 52! Judging by the Action Comic # 33 cover and solicit, Superman is now Doomsday Monster. It seems like this is a story in which others will be heroes (probably Batman, it seems that these days can not be otherwise, even in the Superman titles). It's really sad that Superman can no longer, do anything without help.

Pak’s answer:

You never really know what the story’s about ‘til the issues come out, so don’t get too worried about solicits. If you like the way I’ve been writing Superman so far, chances are excellent you’ll like the way I’ll continue writing Superman. #trust

No can can do it all without help, not even Superman. That doesn’t diminish him; it makes him compelling on a human level. And a strong supporting cast is critical for the success of any hero’s story. Spider-Man, the Hulk, Batman, and Superman have thrived for decades in no small part due to fantastic supporting casts that kept the heroes grounded and relatable and amped up the human drama at every opportunity.

That being said, this is a Superman story, not a Batman story. Batman will indeed have some awesome moments, as will Lana and Steel and Lois and Wonder Woman…

…but don’t think for a minute we don’t know who the hero if the story is. ;-)

#33 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I'm trying really hard to really take a much more positive approach to all of this, but really I am not excited, not even a little, still, solicits lie, and that's a rule I've learned over and over again, in all honesty I doubt it could be what we expect it is. Superdoom sounds lame but it could actually be a huge character arc in many ways we don't expect it. Hear me out, some of the elements tackled by Pak are heavily centered on that fact that superman won't cross considerable lines because of his well known moral code, now we have Doomsday infecting superman with some virus which resulted him in becoming into whatever the F*ck I'm seeing on the cover here. I think it's a good opportunity to really show of how deep supermans rules go considering that he's not really facing an external but internal battle.

You never really know what the story’s about ‘til the issues come out, so don’t get too worried about solicits. If you like the way I’ve been writing Superman so far, chances are excellent you’ll like the way I’ll continue writing Superman. #trust

I agree with pak on this quite here, you don't know the full extents of what you're going to get. I've liked Paks writing more times than I haven't so I feel I should give him the benefit of the doubt considering that Actions comics has been extremely fun. Plus.. you know..his Hulk...Awesome. Bla bla bla.

@lvenger Thoughts?

#34 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (11271 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by PapiNacho (2871 posts) - - Show Bio

Question:

I dont want to be rude, because you are very good writer. You write superman better than anyone so far in the New 52! Judging by the Action Comic # 33 cover and solicit, Superman is now Doomsday Monster. It seems like this is a story in which others will be heroes (probably Batman, it seems that these days can not be otherwise, even in the Superman titles). It's really sad that Superman can no longer, do anything without help.

Pak’s answer:

No can can do it all without help, not even Superman. That doesn’t diminish him; it makes him compelling on a human level. And a strong supporting cast is critical for the success of any hero’s story. Spider-Man, the Hulk, Batman, and Superman have thrived for decades in no small part due to fantastic supporting casts that kept the heroes grounded and relatable and amped up the human drama at every opportunity.

That being said, this is a Superman story, not a Batman story. Batman will indeed have some awesome moments, as will Lana and Steel and Lois and Wonder Woman

…but don’t think for a minute we don’t know who the hero if the story is. ;-)

Troubling for Wonder Woman fans who are picking up Superman/Wonder Woman.

#36 Edited by Lvenger (20676 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Well I mentioned my thoughts above but basically I'm only interested in reading about Superman, not Super-Monster. Plus since this story takes place in two comics, there's no point in me buying one when I'm not getting the other. So overall I'm not sold on what Pak's doing here. Even if it's reminiscent of his Hulk run, what works for Hulk doesn't necessarily work for Superman. Thus, I'll give this Superman event a miss until it's done. Hopefully Pak's Action Comics will go back to normal after that because I'm interested in reading his take on Superman.

#37 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull: Well I mentioned my thoughts above but basically I'm only interested in reading about Superman, not Super-Monster. Plus since this story takes place in two comics, there's no point in me buying one when I'm not getting the other. So overall I'm not sold on what Pak's doing here. Even if it's reminiscent of his Hulk run, what works for Hulk doesn't necessarily work for Superman. Thus, I'll give this Superman event a miss until it's done. Hopefully Pak's Action Comics will go back to normal after that because I'm interested in reading his take on Superman.

I see, and I agree that it seems off, but like I said, it could serve for something better in the long run.

#38 Posted by Tyger (913 posts) - - Show Bio

And here I was hoping to see Dr. Doom with a big S on the front and the signature cape.

#39 Posted by Lvenger (20676 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely going straight back for Pak's Action Comics once this event is finished. But for now, I'd rather stick with Unchained and maybe some other comics instead.

#40 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5121 posts) - - Show Bio

People wonder why Superman books can't sell as well as Batman. SuperDoom? Really?

#41 Posted by Transformers1024 (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

First Grayson, and now SuperDoom.

...at least we all know why DC keeps on promoting Futures End: to revert all their mistakes in the past 2 1/2 years before the fans say screw it and leave.

#42 Posted by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

That art looks too comical!

And obligatory "zomgbbq! Zuperman blew up zee planets, lolz!"

#43 Posted by SanoHibiki (1574 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx:

That art looks too comical!

Looks like typical Kuder’s art to me.

@papinacho:

How come Diana potentially having awesome moments is troubling for her fans?

#44 Posted by PapiNacho (2871 posts) - - Show Bio

@papinacho:

Cause the main writer of the crossover, explicitly states that she will be a supporting character in a book with her name on it because he "knows who the hero of the story is".

#45 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

SERIOUSLY! Good grief, wtf happened to just having an epic showdown between two heavy hitters?!?

I was so excited to see a Superman who is going all out fighting an all powerful threat, and now the whole stupid arc will likely focus on Superman's inner struggle, and devolve into a prototypical "Evil Superman" storyline.

INB4 Batman concocts a plan to stop him, saying something along the lines of "He'd want me to stop him no matter what the cost."

#46 Posted by darkman61288 (769 posts) - - Show Bio

@sanohibiki said:

@papinacho:

Cause the main writer of the crossover, explicitly states that she will be a supporting character in a book with her name on it because he "knows who the hero of the story is".

Who said this Lobell, Pak or Soule?

#47 Edited by PapiNacho (2871 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by darkman61288 (769 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

SERIOUSLY! Good grief, wtf happened to just having an epic showdown between two heavy hitters?!?

I was so excited to see a Superman who is going all out fighting an all powerful threat, and now the whole stupid arc will likely focus on Superman's inner struggle, and devolve into a prototypical "Evil Superman" storyline.

INB4 Batman concocts a plan to stop him, saying something along the lines of "He'd want me to stop him no matter what the cost."

No I think more of a Lois bringing Clark around with true love story.

#49 Edited by SanoHibiki (1574 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288 said:

No I think more of a Lois bringing Clark around with true love story.

If we are judging by covers, Lois would be too busy been possessed by Brainiac to offer any help.

@papinacho:

Well, it was never said that Pak is the main writer behind Doomed event. Plus I don’t think that he was speaking about SM/WW book, that’s Soule’s job. It’s more likely for Diana to get guest appearances in AC and Superman –

From Superman #31

- and I find THAT troubling. I don’t think that Lobdell really that bad, but pretty much all his Clark-Lois and Clark-Diana moments was cringeworthly.

#50 Posted by Lvenger (20676 posts) - - Show Bio

@sanohibiki: Lobdell can't write anything but flashy action sequences and overblown feats. It's understandable his romance scenes would be lacking. Also where'd you find the Superman 31 scan?