• 50 results
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

now super man is one of the most powerful supeheros in the DCU and the sentry was a power house in marvel and some where on the internet said that the sentry was a superman clone well you know what i mean. Anyway what i want to know is the sentry strounger than superman??

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Thor's hammmer

their is Alot of debate on the Subject.  

Most People will say Superman is Stronger.  
In my Opinion their isn't a big enough difference in strength to make a real difference. But Superman can Sun amp to make himself stronger than the Sentry. and Voidsentry is Stronger than Regular Superman IMO.
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By z3ro180
@Thor's hammmer: i see wear your coming from personaly i thionk superman manly cause all that i have read of sentry is in siege last year.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Z3RO180 said:

@Thor's hammmer: i see wear your coming from personaly i thionk superman manly cause all that i have read of sentry is in siege last year.

Superman has better feats overall but he is also a much older and much more exposed characters. if the Sentry had his own series that was 900 issues long I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had feats that match up to Superman's.  
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By z3ro180
@Thor's hammmer: yea i suspose your right sentry. If u were to write the sentry feats down it would only fill a postit but if u wtite down supes feats it would be enought to fill a small bible.
labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By labarith

Sentry is patterned after golden age superman, more or less, so yeah - he's as strong as golden age superman, except he's also got a "stronger" evil version, which is just him being a douche, so technically he's stronger. 

But he's also nuts. 

And be was retconned into taking Rogue's virginity, thus being the most evil marvel character ever.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssejllenrad

Theoretically, they should be the same and by claim Sentry with the billion suns should be stronger. I know it's a metaphor but still... Now feat-wise? Sentry's got nothing against Supes.

@Thor's hammmer said:

if the Sentry had his own series that was 900 issues long I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had feats that match up to Superman's.  
Well the majority of the 900 issues is pre-crisis so they don't count. But still, since 1986 Supes got a huge headstart. Not to mention the other publications and being continuously shown in arcs as opposed to Sentry that takes a backseat every now and then.
tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tim2081
@labarith said:
Sentry is patterned after golden age superman, more or less, so yeah - he's as strong as golden age superman, except he's also got a "stronger" evil version, which is just him being a douche, so technically he's stronger.  But he's also nuts.  And be was retconned into taking Rogue's virginity, thus being the most evil marvel character ever.
Actually, she has been powerless before, so she lost that way before Sentry. 

I would definitely put Sentry and Superman in the same class, and if they fought, it could go either way.
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By z3ro180
@tim2081: i would sya super man could win in a fight but just barley
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gravitypress

Sentry could have been interesting but he was handled way to poorly. At the end the various writers left hem a garbled mess.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

Nope. No way. No how. Not now and not ever.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By turoksonofstone
@gravitypress said:
Sentry could have been interesting but he was handled way to poorly. At the end the various writers left hem a garbled mess.
Sentry and this.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ssejllenrad
@gravitypress said:
Sentry could have been interesting but he was handled way to poorly. At the end Bendis left him a garbled mess.
Fixed!
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gravitypress
@ssejllenrad said:
@gravitypress said:
Sentry could have been interesting but he was handled way to poorly. At the end Bendis left him a garbled mess.
Fixed!
Thanks, must have been a spelling problem.
growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By growup
@labarith
Really!? 
 When did that happen! Who thought it was a good idea! 
Argh I HATE retcons!
Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My respect, what little of it is left, for Superman is starting to dwindle. In a Superman vs Sentry fight, I -have- to go with Sentry on account of his hyperbole Power of 1,000,000 Exploding Suns. I have theories on Sentry's powers (which I'd be more than willing to type out on a Sentry forum). One thing we all have to remember is that Sentry can absorb energy. If he's put into such a situation, I don't see Superman winning.
YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By YoungThriller

Most people just think of sentry being that strong because of the PIS and CIS in his stories.Sentry is not stronger than superman in any time.Kal-L in his prime could beat sentry strength wise.Sentry's 1 billion or a million exploding suns doesn't help his strength,just his power.He can release that much energy,but his strength still stays the same.And yes he is a superman clone,made just for the sake of plot.And In a fight superman would win,unless he goes void then it just gets PIS.

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hoboseid

Sentry was a stupid stunt that completely backfired and drove long term Marvel fans away from Marvel comics, it was a lie saying Stan Lee wrote a Superman style hero back in the 60s when he never actually did....the whole thing was a marvel/wizard comics prank to get people interested in a really stupid character who never was very interesting in the first place, he started in an alt universe called Knights Universe and then was forced into modern continuity with a lot of stupid plot devices like timetravel, mass telepathy, Bendis retcons, mass amnesia across Marvel super hero verse, computer hacks, mass erasure of memories, angel of death galactus juice and all kinds of silly nonsense that only a moron of a writer would come up with when he writes himself into one massive writers hole / writers block

The powers of the Sentry never made sense, he would randomly pull abilities out of his buttcrack like the retarded silver age superman stories of the 1960s
In a fight Superman wins, Sentry might in theory be powerful but true to his character he was a spineless crack addict, Superman at least faced down enemies, Sentry would just urinate in his pants, which is probably why the artists decided to color him yellow...piiss stains whenever he faced a bad guy 
and he put his man bit into Rogue's box
 She even sobbed at the funeral about Sentry being the best sex  Rogue had in her life or some nonsense
Why did they even have a funeral - seriously WTF!?!?
He was a mass murdering junkie
DANCE ON HIS GRAVE, I SPIT ON HIS GRAVE AND SPIT ON ANY SIEGE COMIC

The latests news from Sentry is

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
he's gone - for good
 the story was a flop, old issues of Blackest Night blew away the worthless Seige from Bendis. The Sentry is dead 

KEEP SENTRY DEAD
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gravitypress
@Hoboseid: "Sentry was a stupid stunt that completely backfired and drove long term Marvel fans away from Marvel comics." 

This made me laugh.
Tiamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn...some real Sentry hate here. But by power sets I think Sentry should win.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tiamut said:

You mean that BS matter manipulation that even the writer said he didn't have?

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My respect, what little of it is left, for Superman is starting to dwindle. In a Superman vs Sentry fight, I -have- to go with Sentry on account of his hyperbole Power of 1,000,000 Exploding Suns. I have theories on Sentry's powers (which I'd be more than willing to type out on a Sentry forum). One thing we all have to remember is that Sentry can absorb energy. If he's put into such a situation, I don't see Superman winning.

That 1,000,000 exploding stars thing is bogus hyperbole.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tiamut said:

What's up with that? So did one of the writers get a hold of him and randomly decided he could control matter?

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@hewhosees said:

@tiamut said:

What's up with that? So did one of the writers get a hold of him and randomly decided he could control matter?

Nah. Fan's misinterpreted one of the MANY crazy things he said to be absolute truth, and the writer said in a message that it was bogus and just some crazy thing he said that aloud him to beat the molecule man.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't we just agree that that ridiculously uber powered character who beat MM was Void?

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't we just agree that that ridiculously uber powered character who beat MM was Void?

Hell no because Sentry is loonier than characters drawn by Chuck Jones and the Molecule Man could turn him into a box of delicious regular poo causing raisin bran if he wanted to, void or no void.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry stomps.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: I wouldn't say I agree but the way you worded that reply is just so full of win, I won't disagree anymore.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman beat him with easily,

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HeWhoSees

superman beat him with easily,

I wouldn't say easily, just, beats him.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: sentry best strength feats just struggle lift a HUGE ship,eh

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well couldn't he just manipulate the battlefield to be in his favor. I mean sentry had his head blown off and he grew it back no problem, he can manipulate matter (depending on the story). Him dying seems kind of ridiculous. A flying base fell on him and then thor electrocuted him. For someone who caused so much trouble he couldn't handle himself against hulk or Thor.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By cloudzackvincent

sentry ..... even stole the S.. was a bad joke

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudzackvincent: their powers arent even the same other than flight and strength. Hyperion is a bigger rip off of Supes then Sentry is and people seem okay with him.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: sentry best strength feats just struggle lift a HUGE ship,eh

His powers aren't just brute strength.....he has other powers, he's just a moron and never used them correctly.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Superman is physically stronger than Sentry.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By JJ62

Sentry has the better overall power set, yet superman has the better feats.

Based off that, I would go with Superman.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Then again, if it's Void against Supes. Void all the way.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@cloudzackvincent: their powers arent even the same other than flight and strength. Hyperion is a bigger rip off of Supes then Sentry is and people seem okay with him.

most of their powers are the same .. flight, strength, and sentry has all of superman's auditory and visual powers... it was only later that the writers started giving sentry/void random powers in an attempt to differentiate him from superman... and regarding your other points... sentry is not the only one , there are countless others like majestic, superior, supreme, hyperion, plutonian, icon etc.. but they more r less accept the fact that they are homages to superman... or in some cases like plutonian and majestic to some extent , its about showing what would superman have been like without the control and restraint... what i have a problem with is marvel's lame attempt to try and sell him as the ultimate hero at the expense of established continuity and characters... that too with lame plots like mass mindwipe, alternate reality and what not.. they went as far as to create a hoax....

admittedly he was getting interesting gradually.. that is until the sentry started pulling out random ass powers and started crapping over beings like molecule man.... and i m not a regular marvel reader other than some of the big events so i might have missed something... but his end was even more mindboggling than his origin... the guy who survived the disintegration of his molecules was killed by what??? Thor snapping his neck.. or... was it a lightning bolt??? and what was that nonsense about him dying because he wanted to die....

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudzackvincent: the neck snap thing didn't kill him, neither did blowing his head up, it just grew back, it was only the combined effort of crashing a helicarrier into him and being electrocuted that put him down...............such a stupid way to die.

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@w0nd said:

@cloudzackvincent: the neck snap thing didn't kill him, neither did blowing his head up, it just grew back, it was only the combined effort of crashing a helicarrier into him and being electrocuted that put him down...............such a stupid way to die.

well.... that makes even less sense...

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudzackvincent: yup especially since the sun couldn't kill him, people say it's because he "wanted" to die, but he clearly tried to kill himself like 5 other times. They will bring him back when they need some big bad guy for the avengers to fight.

No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By w0nd

HAH what do you know, just saw the main page, looks like someone is a new horsemen

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: the sentry can't beat superman also this isn't a battle so go troll the battle fourms

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: whatever helps you sleep at night.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: LOL!!! i'M JUST JOKING!!! You took my "sentry stomps" comment so seriously that I couldn't help but keep it going. lol