Stupid Superman Version Apathetic to Collateral Damage!

• 74 results
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is not the Superman I grew up with! I can't believe this version of Superman does not have any care for infrastructures and all that?!?!?! I hate him! He is not worthy of being called Superman cause he is not the Christopher Reeve Superman who cares about buildings and all that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z8KLHQy8aY

Suck it MOS haters! >:P

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Hahahahaha :') Nice one.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: Hehe! Just wanted to show another version of Supes who does collateral damage (and this time he does it willingly) way before Man of Steel... Hehehe!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

literally every single version of superman has caused collateral damange. he is a giant living in a world of ants and buildings made out of construction paper. It would be stupid if he managed to get every super being as powerful as him away from civilians when their goal is to be there. You grapple and fight some one and you tell me how easy it is to relocate them to where you want them to be, let alone two at once. What's he supposed to do "hey follow me!" no thanks i think i will just stay here and kill people so you come to me.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Yeah but George Reeves does it willingly! :D

Look at the smug on his face... He enjoyed killing that wall!!!!
Look at the smug on his face... He enjoyed killing that wall!!!!

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And as we speack people often ignoresSuperma killed Zod in the movies in the past.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@w0nd said:

literally every single version of superman has caused collateral damange. he is a giant living in a world of ants and buildings made out of construction paper. It would be stupid if he managed to get every super being as powerful as him away from civilians when their goal is to be there. You grapple and fight some one and you tell me how easy it is to relocate them to where you want them to be, let alone two at once. What's he supposed to do "hey follow me!" no thanks i think i will just stay here and kill people so you come to me.

This.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SandMan_

Heh

Ok guys STFU and just watch this video.

Loading Video...

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet in every clip, no people were harmed. You seemed to have missed the point of most peoples complaints.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@muyjingo said:

Yet in every clip, no people were harmed. You seemed to have missed the point of most peoples complaints.

Thats because the fights in man of steel are supposed to be more realistic, snyder and co have stated this since day one

Just because mos superman was in fights that had more realistic consequences doesnt mean he's more aggresive

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you gotta admit that seeing superman so careless was kinda irritating. But It was a minor flaw on an overall good movie.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: you seem to have missed this was meant to be a joke.

SuperEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Remember this awesome moment?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

He actually tried to leave the populated areas several times but his enemies kept stopping him but the point is moot since he was saving the entire F**King planet. If he had stopped to save a few people they would have died a few minutes later anyway when all life on Earth ended due to the Kryptonian machines.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the hell do we keep talking about MOS! It's George Reeves I have a beef with! Nyehehehehe!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SandMan_
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: well according to some whiners, he 'killed' the people of metropolis with that zod fight... *rolls eyes*

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: well according to some whiners, he 'killed' the people of metropolis with that zod fight... *rolls eyes*

Must've seen another movie. I never saw Superman kill anyone other than Zod in the movie. Wasn't able to save them is another story.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ssejllenrad

@sandman_: But noooooo... Whiners claim he 'killed' thousands when he destroyed the 'inhabited' buildings... Although as I remember Superman was the one being tossed all over the place... But I guess it's logical to blame it on Superman. It's easier that way...

And I don't think anyone has ever answered the question 'how do you expect him to take the fight elsewhere when he doesn't even dictate the pace of the fight?'... This has been asked a couple of times and yet the whiners refuse to answer it.

OK back on topic.... Damn you George Reeves!!!!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@ssejllenrad: Mosy of these people whining about the collateral damage have obviously either never read a Superman comic or they have a terrible memory considering that several city blocks blow up every other Tuesday in Metropolis. The city has been leveled probably at least a few dozen times. In the comics its a city that would barely notice if only 5 blocks blew up.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: That fight was dominated by Zod. In any case why doesn't Supes do the same in the comics?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@ssejllenrad: Mosy of these people whining about the collateral damage have obviously either never read a Superman comic or they have a terrible memory considering that several city blocks blow up every other Tuesday in Metropolis. The city has been leveled probably at least a few dozen times. In the comics its a city that would barely notice if only 5 blocks blew up.

yup

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite is that you say, so did Avengers, but then they claim they didnt killed any one, since we dont see it.

No Caption Provided
Clark did you remember that day? I LIED, HAHAHAHAHA.....
Clark did you remember that day? I LIED, HAHAHAHAHA.....
No Caption Provided

Uh sorry for the joke, but is how i feel everytime people talk how perfect Avengers was and the DC movies suck.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Deranged Midget

you gotta admit that seeing superman so careless was kinda irritating. But It was a minor flaw on an overall good movie.

I wouldn't use the word "careless". He could've done far more yes, but he was most definitely not careless. As opposed to other incarnations, Cavill's Superman was severely inexperienced with his powers and he fought beings of similar power and incredibly superior skill. To me, I can understand how they portrayed the fight with Faora and Non and the final fight with Zod. They had no morals, not a care for the people in the world and how much destruction they caused. Clark was literally powerless in stopping them from causing collateral damage as he was most often double teamed or out-performed.

In my personal opinion, if you disregard the destruction caused by the World Engine, the amount of destruction caused between the two major fights in the film to the comics or even The Avengers film is relatively miniscule. But hey, it can be viewed in any manner really. I just think the fights were portrayed realistically. In a fight with someone of similar strength and superior skill, you can only do so much to protect others, let alone yourself.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reeves people! The OP topic is Reeves! Oh wait... I was the first person to pull out the MOS title out of nowhere... My bad... Nyahahahahahaha!

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19 said:

I wouldn't use the word "careless". He could've done far more yes, but he was most definitely not careless. As opposed to other incarnations, Cavill's Superman was severely inexperienced with his powers and he fought beings of similar power and incredibly superior skill. To me, I can understand how they portrayed the fight with Faora and Non and the final fight with Zod. They had no morals, not a care for the people in the world and how much destruction they caused. Clark was literally powerless in stopping them from causing collateral damage as he was most often double teamed or out-performed.

In my personal opinion, if you disregard the destruction caused by the World Engine, the amount of destruction caused between the two major fights in the film to the comics or even The Avengers film is relatively miniscule. But hey, it can be viewed in any manner really. I just think the fights were portrayed realistically. In a fight with someone of similar strength and superior skill, you can only do so much to protect others, let alone yourself.

People overlook this DBZ claim, Superman could had done the Vegeta thing and take the battle into the wild, Zod = Vegeta? No, Vegeta had morals, for the same if he gets told to take the battle outside of the city he is going to do it, because some code of honor he has, he let the other decide the battlefield and rules, you could notice Vegeta could had kill all of them without a problem, he just decide to let them live for his code of honor and way of seeing things.

Still during all the battle he and Nappa were in control, until Kakarot get there, but still during the fight Vegeta was in control most of the damn fight, he was playing during the fight, based on being more powerfull, he gets seriour when he is not the most powerfull and is not in control, but try to regain control.

Here you have one huge thing here, Zod was the leader of the Warrior Caste/Race of Kryptonians, he was design to have no morals, know how to fight and master fighting techniques in seconds, he learn how to control his powers in seconds when Clark had years to do it, Zod was always going o control the fight, he was going to do anything to be in control, he was going to do anything to win, the only ways to have control of the fight was causing Clark not go full power, the best way was to keep him in the city, Zod was in control of the fight most of the time.

Vegeta got more human with years, because he can change.

Zod would never do this, he cant change what he is.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ssejllenrad

The root of the problem was that Zod didn't decide to just recreate Krypton in Venus or Mars. What a dumbass. Supes would have cooperated with the codex had earth not been threatened. Again... Zod = D-d-d-d-dumbasssssssss!!!!

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sage1000

@ssejllenrad: Actually what Zod did was the only smart alternative to him. He couldn't recreate Krypton anywhere else except earth because he doesn't know what allows kryptonians to live and thrive on earth while die off in every single planet they tried to colonize. He had to terraform earth because it was the best chance for kryptonians to survive even if it meant losing their powers because he knows Clark almost died as a kid when he arrived on earth ( he scanned his memories) and what's to say Clark isn't the lucky one he was born as an abomination after all.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The root of the problem was that Zod didn't decide to just recreate Krypton in Venus or Mars. What a dumbass. Supes would have cooperated with the codex had earth not been threatened. Again... Zod = D-d-d-d-dumbasssssssss!!!!

No Caption Provided
@sage1000 said:

@ssejllenrad: Actually what Zod did was the only smart alternative to him. He couldn't recreate Krypton anywhere else except earth because he doesn't know what allows kryptonians to live and thrive on earth while die off in every single planet they tried to colonize. He had to terraform earth because it was the best chance for kryptonians to survive even if it meant losing their powers because he knows Clark almost died as a kid when he arrived on earth ( he scanned his memories) and what's to say Clark isn't the lucky one he was born as an abomination after all.

Saddly most of people cant understand this, it looks they dont pay attention to movies.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you people keep on taking my statements so serious??!?!?!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: Sometimes people don't grasp that you are sarcastic by nature.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post this as a video response to that Max Zoolander(???) guy who ranted about wanting to make a Superman Chronicle film!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an additional revelation... Why the hell did people not rant when Routh killed as Superman? I mean didn't he kill... The franchise? Nyahahahahahahahaha!

@sandman_: ahaha! I see...

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMGGOD MUH SUPAHMAN!!

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: That dude who ranted on youtube with the long hair and stuff. Max Landis, he said Superman don't destroy cities and stuff! Post this on youtube as a video response!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: I'm too lazy to do that... Plus I don't have a YouTube account.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: Guy has never read Last Son it seems.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

99% of people dont have any idea who Superman actually is.

RAC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before MOS my favourite Superhero movie was Avengers. Christopher Reeve superman also killed Zod and he didn't feel anything when he did but no one seems offended by that. Dont understand why there is a problem with destruction in a movie with an alien invasion. It would have been unrealistic for everything to go down and no damage was done to the city. loved the action but I can understand if some argue that superman could have appealed to Zod while they were fighting. Don't think it would have worked though if my whole purpose in life was just lost and the people I blamed were in front of me don't see why I would listen I no longer have anything to lose. I would have found it hard to believe if superman had managed to talk him out of fighting. Just glad this movie was not as boring as Superman Returns. I loved the story line in Superman Returns but it needed a different villain or Lex shoud have has his le suit in the movie.

As to the buildings being destroyed I remember people evacuating the buildings. When people did die most died in the streets running. By the time Zod and superman were fighting they were mostly empty. Some say superman could have lead the fight somewhere else. I say how if it was before when he had a chance of rebuilding Krypton he might have followed Clark if he flew away. But by the time they were going to fight all he cared about was revenge he no longer had a reason to follow Clark in changing the location of the fight, he wanted to cause maximum damage. Lastly I am ok with Clark killing Zod in that setting he had no choice. What was he suppose to do with Zod I could understand the outrage if it was someone he was able to restrain. But it was someone with military training, just as strong and fast who was hell bent on revenge. Zod or the family life is not always a fairy tail ending. Superman made a tough call but one that saved a family and potentially millions. Where would they keep Zod that he would eventually escape and start killing. Look what happened in Superman Elite he captured Atomic Scull he escaped and the first thing he did was start to kill again. Not saying he should have killed Atomic Scull just showing an example. I was ok with him capturing Atomic Scull as he could restrain him safely and killing him after already defeating him would have been cold blooded as we all know he try's to find the last drop of good in someone. But killing Zod in MOS is different Zod was not safely restrained and lives were immediately threatened.

Superman is my favourite hero but before MOS steel if there was a real invasion and I had to pick a hero to defend the earth I would have chosen Marvel's Thor at least I would feel more confident that if it came to it he would make tough decisions based on the situation. Life is not that simple were in a war you can say you will not kill 100% of the time.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: No offence to your Christopher Reeve fandom but I'm suprised those movies were rated well there so Dam corny especially Superman 3

Watch the damn video first before commenting on my stand you ignorant buffoon! It was a play. I was trying to show that George Reeves was destroying things way before MOS. Dumb*ss!

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really. you see one movie and then now you think you know more than the actual fans. I've seen your anti-superman posts.

@eternal19 said:

I remember in the movie there was a scene in smallville where supes slammed Zod through multiple buildings. And later kissed lois right in front of a destroyed city. Seems pretty careless to me.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

im used to this version. seems the op was used to the watered down boy scout that everyone hates

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: Those are based on making fun of Superman fan base for being so easy to annoy and being a worst fan base that Batman one, i had no problem with Superman but i have huge problems with his fan base and how God al like they belive he is.

This Superman is perfect crap, now a movie say that crap is crap and people got insane about it.

Even Superman is tired of that shit!!!
Even Superman is tired of that shit!!!

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa said:

im used to this version. seems the op was used to the watered down boy scout that everyone hates

hah. funny how All-star superman was well received by both critics and fans alike. and how "Whats so funny about Truth, Justice, And the American Way" is fan favorite. Oh and how "Kingdom Come" is considered one of Supermans greatest Stories. being a boyscout was what made Superman unique. Now all people want is for every charater to be dark and tragic, which sucks diversity out of comics.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: You got to admit That most people have good reasons for disliking the movie.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#48  Edited By Lvenger

@deathpoolthet1000: You got to admit That most people have good reasons for disliking the movie.

QFT. There are good reasons for liking this movie but there are also strong reasons for disliking it too.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Really. you see one movie and then now you think you know more than the actual fans. I've seen your anti-superman posts.

@deranged_midget said:

@eternal19 said:

I remember in the movie there was a scene in smallville where supes slammed Zod through multiple buildings. And later kissed lois right in front of a destroyed city. Seems pretty careless to me.

opposed to what? Making a joke immediately after your GF falls into flames....OR going to to get shawarma right after? God forbid you get a kiss from the girl you just saved in a life or death situation.

I can't imagine why that would happen. Everyone is right, he should have waited until the city was rebuilt.

as for the slamming through Smallville. They were moving fast and grapping, I have seen humans grapple and slam into walls and such, keep in mind these are humans not moving at the speed of sound.