I'm bored and curious how many things in MoS is based on some form of Christ analogy.
1. Clark is 33 years old when he starts being Superman. Jesus is supposed to have been 33.
2. Clark being a fisherman. Christ is sometimes called the fisher of men and fishermen are commonly brought up
3. Clark having the DNA structure of all future Kryptonians on his cells he becomes like Christ taking on the sins and souls of the people and delivering them into a heaven.
4. Zod is trying to take over Krypton, not because he is "evil" but because he believes it is the right thing to do, despite what "the father" tell him places Zod in the role of Satan.
5. When Zod brings Clark to the ship he cuts Superman off from nutrients in the air and tries to convince Clark of his plan... This is the Temptation of Christ.
6. When Zod is imprisoned the phantom zone this is the fall of the angels.
7. When Lois falls out of the ship and Clark must save her by going into the terraformed area and then race out... This is Christ going into hell after the crucifixion and returning.
8. When Clark blows up the terraformer this event is representative of the crucifixion
Ok that's enough from me... and I think I'm possibly calling out things that don't particularly work completely now, but meh... What other things can you guys see.