So looks like we wont see Brainaic or Mongul on Film then?

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Reason why i said this is because if people lost there crap over Superman fighting a bunch of crazy kryptonains then now we are going to have to avoid Brainac , Darkseid or Mongul because people are PC about Damage (-__-) i am being serious guys if people are that on the fence over the destruction i think WB is going to avoid Supermans powerful foes all together which pisses me off even more. Here i thought this serious will show us more of supermans powerful foes now from what i am seeing they have to be avoid in this series what a shame:(

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheer up, in sequel filmmakers may follow Marvel example : damage in city = 3 destroyed cars and then final fight in villain's lair, i.e. Brainiac's spaceship or Mongul's Warworld. Dont want to see Lex Loser as main villain, maybe just cameo or some lesser role in film ( just for establishing character).

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sinestro_GL

Cheer up, in sequel filmmakers may follow Marvel example : damage in city = 3 destroyed cars and then final fight in villain's lair, i.e. Brainiac's spaceship or Mongul's Warworld. Dont want to see Lex Loser as main villain, maybe just cameo or some lesser role in film ( just for establishing character).

Lex Luthor is, for me, amongst the greatest written comic book characters ever. It's just that he has been written rather poorly in movies, as well as the fact that Luthor was written particularly well after the Reeve films.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SanoHibiki

@sinestro_gl:

Well, maybe if it wouldn't be "Lex in suit with chank of kryptonite in his lead box "-storyline and Lex would team up with some other superpowered villain, then I dont mind.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@drudox19: Or they could just not care that people are complaining. People will complain about the minor details of nearly any movie (especially an adaptation of well known material) but that doesn't mean that the studio is going to make a stupid choice (that they know would be stupid and make most people enjoy their film less) just to please a small percentage of their fans. The complainers do not affect my enjoyment of the film. I still loved it and would hate for them to make that stupid choice. Anyway, they should save Brainiac for 3 and use Lex Luthor for 2.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

wb Don't care if people complain, they just care if people spend cash

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By sinestro_GL

@sinestro_gl:

Well, maybe if it wouldn't be "Lex in suit with chank of kryptonite in his lead box "-storyline and Lex would team up with some other superpowered villain, then I dont mind.

The "Lex in suit" routine is not good writing (perhaps as the final battle, if the story is building up to that, then maybe that'd be good). I'm thinking more of businessman Lex in the shadows but also in the public-eye, the Superman with no powers driven by his jealousy to be better.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@sanohibiki: "Lex in suit with chank of kryptonite in his lead box?" If you think that's all there is to him we must be talking about different people. Lex Luthor is an intellectual genius and one of the greatest masterminds in the DC Universe. Teaming him up with a super-powered villain would ruin the entire purpose of the character. He would show the world that Superman can be killed, even by a mere man.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SanoHibiki

@sinestro_gl:

Wouldn't argue with such Lex's version. Sadly, in movies his portrayal tends to be even more unlucky than Superman, and in the end I dont believe in Goyer's ability to create convinsing storyline that would fully exploit rivalry-antagonism between Lex and Supes.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Killemall

If they are going to do Lex, heck go all cosmic, we have Phantom Zone established, bring in the Phantom Zone entity, make Lex an all powerful god..

Sorry i am a sucker for cosmic baddies.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Maybe we can have Brainiac team up with Lex.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Lvenger

Brainiac has plans over than property damage. And if Superman were shown to actually care about property damage and was shown saving people like he actually does in the comics, then property damage would be fine.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toy man and Trickster it is! Nyahahahahahahahahaha!

SuperEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SuperEnd

@lvenger: It wouldnt be Metropolis without property damage ;)

No Caption Provided
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Lvenger

@superend: Heh I can see where you're coming from. Gotham might be worse off than Metropolis but at least it isn't destroyed on a regular basis ;)

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mxyzptlk

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We won't see Brainiac until JL or MOS 3.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather the next movie feature Lex Luthor

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: Given how MOS ended...It it really likely. I just hope he has Metallo or Parasite to back him up.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they are going to do Lex, heck go all cosmic, we have Phantom Zone established, bring in the Phantom Zone entity, make Lex an all powerful god..

Sorry i am a sucker for cosmic baddies.

Same. I'm really disappointed that comic movies don't go the big cosmic entity route in the right way(looking at you Fantastic Four and X3). Seriously if the Avengers craps all over the Infinity Gauntlet I'm going to be massively disappointed.