Should Dc have new 52 Superman wear tights.

• 54 results
IamGog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By IamGog
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I want you to sound off on Superman should wear tights, because it gets dull if he wears the same costume.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Lots of old threads on this from when the DCnU launched.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

No.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

what?

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By 2chimcha3

No. It makes no sense for superheroes to wear underwear on the outside.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By the_tree

It's not Superman if he's not wearing something form-fitting with a cape.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sagejonathan said:

No. It makes no sense for superheroes to wear underwear on the outside.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

You wear underwear on the outside so you don't get them dirty.

IamGog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9  Edited By IamGog

@sagejonathan: Question what you prefer reading Superman earth One, or New 52 superman?

Its tights, not underwear.

Captain Marvel wore underwear as well.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

No, I'm happy with the current costume.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

no. he shouldnt

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

Yes, for a reason so far everyone has failed to mention: so that the alternate costume doesn't date the story, as with the blue electric costume from the mid '90s. His classic red tights are so iconic that it's only a matter of a few years until they're brought back permanently, and once that happens, future generations of readers will look back at the launch of the New 52 and wonder what on earth DC Comics was thinking by giving him the atrocious armored look (which if you ask me is the worst thing to happen to comics since Fredrick Wernstrom published Seduction of the Innocent) .

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bogey

Superman should wear GSP's compression shorts.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

If he's not dealing with an alien threat, I don't see why he'd need an armor...

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

HELL NO!! The underoos come back I'm out.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really love his new costume (why would he need armor?), but I do like that he doesn't have any undies on there.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xybernauts

Originally Superman's costume was designed to reflect the image of a circus strongman, of course the problem is that no one really associates Superman with circus strongmen because of the way DC has developed Superman's character and primarily because modern society no longer associates strongmen with strength. So I'd say no they shouldn't. I personally love the new armor. It looks great and makes alot of sense.

No Caption Provided

@rideaspacecowboy said:

Yes, for a reason so far everyone has failed to mention: so that the alternate costume doesn't date the story, as with the blue electric costume from the mid '90s. His classic red tights are so iconic that it's only a matter of a few years until they're brought back permanently,

It think no one has mentioned it because no one agrees with your sentiment. The New 52 costume is nothing like the electric costume. The electric costume reflected a drastic change in Superman's character that was unsuccessful. The New 52 costume is a relatively minor change that only reflects a change in terms of his appearance. It would be more accurate to compare the change to the changes we've seen in Batman's costume, to which the changes are based. Like Superman, Batman got rid of his undies awhile back and now wears armor, and I think it's clear he won't be donning the undies again anytime soon.

@blackadamftw said:

I don't really love his new costume (why would he need armor?), but I do like that he doesn't have any undies on there.

Because he needs clothing that isn't going to tear off of him when he's flying at mach speeds or fighting other super powered characters.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He kinda does wear tights. They're just Kryptonian tights now.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Not happy with the armor but that doesn't mean I want him to have the underwear on the outside either.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xybernauts: Wasn't his old one made to do that to without being armor?

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xybernauts

@blackadamftw: Yes, but his costume was supposedly sewn together by Martha Kent? How do you sew together indestructible material? Besides, Superman is a warrior like a police officer or a soldier on the battlefield. And soldiers and police officers are commonly associated with body armors so I think the armor he wears is perfect for him. It makes alot of sense to me, alot more sense they the strongman outfit he used to wear.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Press Oblivion

The tights are easier to draw.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Na I like the no speedo look.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rideaspacecowboy said:

Yes, for a reason so far everyone has failed to mention: so that the alternate costume doesn't date the story, as with the blue electric costume from the mid '90s. His classic red tights are so iconic that it's only a matter of a few years until they're brought back permanently, and once that happens, future generations of readers will look back at the launch of the New 52 and wonder what on earth DC Comics was thinking by giving him the atrocious armored look (which if you ask me is the worst thing to happen to comics since Fredrick Wernstrom published Seduction of the Innocent) .

Actually, the tights were never iconic for me. It was the cape, logo, and the all the blue. It's not atrocious to me and I like it better it also suits the alien part. How else in the world could you translate it into reality as well cuz honestly, actual tights and underwear just looked ridiculous to me in the movies.

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he's much better without the tights. I like the armor-like appearance his new costume has

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JLDoom

I prefer his current look, both in the movies and comics

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eternal19

He's already pretty much wearing tights.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what i'm seeing, Batman wearing tights, but Superman is wearing armor. Should it be the other way around? I mean in The Dark Knight and Injustice, Batman was wearing armor which seems logical besides, he's getting stabbed and shot all the time when fighting criminals all the time seem to be more "realistic" as people like to call it. As for Superman, he doesn't need armor(unless it's a major battle then okay) He's the "MAN OF STEEL" That title gives you a hint of who he is. Beside he doesn't need armor his entire body is tough as armor and it could deflect bullets and blast altogether. All Im saying is it's okay for superman wearing tights as long as he doesn't wear red underwear, it's all good.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've grown to accept the armor, like it even, but I still like & appreciate his old-modern costume. I don't find it out of place to see him in it (reading old ones, or in non-canon depictions, etc).

wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no, personally the tight underwear thing looks ridiculous on any hero. i can understand the need for a flashy costume but idw see any man in his undies no matter what the situation

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I wouldn't mind, but the new suit isn't bad. It's kinda a needless change, but it's not terrible.

I AM pretty sick of the "underwear" argument, though.

"Ha ha, he's wearing something that resembles underwear on the outside of his pants! Tee hee!"

It's about as tired and played out as all the Batman/Robin sexual jokes that everyone thought were just so clever and insightful about a decade ago.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I wouldn't mind, but the new suit isn't bad. It's kinda a needless change, but it's not terrible.

I AM pretty sick of the "underwear" argument, though.

"Ha ha, he's wearing something that resembles underwear on the outside of his pants! Tee hee!"

It's about as tired and played out as all the Batman/Robin sexual jokes that everyone thought were just so clever and insightful about a decade ago.

Yes, the new suit with its armor look ain't good for the Man of Stell. I agree. If they did away with the armor look it's got, it'd be fine.

For the second point, I know. At that point, why the heck aren't they making fun of a guy dressing up in a batsuit to fight crime or the Hulk's shorts always managing to cover up his naughty bits no matter what punishment he takes? Heck, why aren't they jibbing Captain Marvel or super heroines that wear revealing outfits at that point (that latter one besides the fact that it's unnecessary cheese cake drawn by assholes)?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh dear Christ the new 52 suit is awesome so is the classic look. First if they brought back the classic look it would be altered to remove the red speedos and still keep the ''classic'' feel. Second if they did bring the classic back so many people would throat a mega bitch fit and cry about them them ditching the new 52 look.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Oh dear Christ the new 52 suit is awesome so is the classic look. First if they brought back the classic look it would be altered to remove the red speedos and still keep the ''classic'' feel. Second if they did bring the classic back so many people would throat a mega bitch fit and cry about them them ditching the new 52 look.

It WOULD be if the whole ARMOR look went away.

Also, you mean like they did with Electric Blue Superman's look? ;P

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No, the great clark passed away

lets not sully his corpse

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Crash_Recovery

I think armor feels bulky and a bit unnecessary in the case of Superman.

I liked the idea with the early issues of Action where he had logo T shirts and that his uniform was rarely the same. It felt spontaneous and youthful.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never liked the idea of the tights just being on him and not shredding off every day, but then they came up with his "bio aura" keeps everything close to him in some invulnerable bubble, so I bought that I guess it was a good enough reason, I liked that more than the fabric being as strong as he is because it is from krypton and everything on krypton is super duper strong on earth! the food! the fabric, the animals the metals! How would the sun make fabric super strong? And Martha saying she had to un wravle it thread by thread and making a costume out of is crazy, what if there wasn't enough fabric?

I don't mind the armor at all, had to get use to the lack of yellow and I hate the black crest on the back of the cape but other than that it's grown on me. Still like Earth One costume though.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HeWhoSees

@w0nd said:

Never liked the idea of the tights just being on him and not shredding off every day, but then they came up with his "bio aura" keeps everything close to him in some invulnerable bubble, so I bought that I guess it was a good enough reason, I liked that more than the fabric being as strong as he is because it is from krypton and everything on krypton is super duper strong on earth! the food! the fabric, the animals the metals! How would the sun make fabric super strong? And Martha saying she had to un wravle it thread by thread and making a costume out of is crazy, what if there wasn't enough fabric?

I don't mind the armor at all, had to get use to the lack of yellow and I hate the black crest on the back of the cape but other than that it's grown on me. Still like Earth One costume though.

Yes yes, the armored suit would bebetter if it didn't look armored, agreed.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By hyperman

@iamgog:

i kinda like it that way. i'd love to see him swimming in red speedos though, something like a nod.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#44  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

As much as I appreciate the older Superman look, I love the new one and dont want Dc them bring old suit back. Clark is good as is.

Darkhero5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi new guy personally I feel the armor works it could be less complex. But seeing how he's not so invincible like before. He's still tough but not invincible. But honestly I don't care how powerful you are if I was a villain and I saw a superhero wear tights I would laugh at him.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MuyJingo

Thew new suit has many good things about it. An update was needed, because the trunks are a product of the time and they just don't make sense in a continuity set in modern day.

The belt is a fantastic way to replace the trunks and still have the blue broken up. The only real problems with the current costume are that it is made of armor, and has a ridiculous collar.

Superman doesn't need armor, and shouldn't wear it. Having some kind of durable fabric is a whole lot nicer, and having it made by his mom would be awesome.

The current costume not as armor and without the collar would be damn near perfect. The only way to improve upon it would be to give the red belt some yellow accents. The smallville comic costume is close, but the two tone blue needs to go and the belt shouldn't have a shield buckle.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Ay dios mio! No!

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No!

Forget about the tights. This isn't the 70's.

Let Superman continue on the 21st century.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should wear all sorts of outfits , not just one.

I like a superman that changes to fit the need he has a fortress of solitude for a reason and no hero yet alone a super hero should ever wear the same thing all the time.

So give us a hero for all seasons , a hero for all things , Tux , jeans , what ever it calls for.

Then again I think he should have a ship for space , things to haul large groups of people and a Krypto that is a shape changer.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No