Should Clark and Lois get back together ?

• 128 results
Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I don't like the reationship that he and Wonder Woman have. It is more of a plot device than a real relationship. I think Clark and Lois should get back together.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I certainly hope so, though I don't think it has to happen right now. I'd rather see them rebuild the relationship that made them a great couple. Lois is everything that inspires Clark about the human race, and she makes him want to be a better hero.

You need that relationship before you dive into a romantic relationship.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I think they will at some point. Wouldn't be surprising since Clark and Lois have the honor of being one of the most iconic couples of all time.

Plus Lois is going to be Supermans love interest in Man of Steel, so even though DC keeps saying that SM/WW is gonna be a main thing, there's no doubt in my mind that Lois is gonna end up in his arms again because pretty much the world sees Lois as Superman's girl and nobody else. Same goes for Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor.

And like you said SM/WW is nothing more than a plot device. Hell, I won't be surprised if they break up after Trinity War.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Definitely.

ahulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ahulk

Absolutely! Lois is as classic as Superman himself and first love is always the strongest!

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Absolutely.The fact that in the New 52 they're not married already is a mistake.

Jk-Prodigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jk-Prodigy
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Nope

it is the 'new' 52 for a reason

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Let his relationship with Diana develop.

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I like superman/lois I'd like to see SMWW relationship develop into something and not just as another plot device.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MPfly88

@dark_guyver said:

No. Let his relationship with Diana develop.

@sage1000 said:

While I like superman/lois I'd like to see SMWW relationship develop into something and not just as another plot device.

This. Let me tell something to everyone who wants Clark to be with Lois. He will end up with Lois eventually. He will. But in the meantime, and this may sound crazy but...let's see something different for a change.

I KNOW I KNOW! Calm down, don't freak out. Sit down, relax and take a deep breath. I didn't want to freak you out by saying the "D" word. But, all i'm saying is, instead of following the same old 80+ status quo with Lois/Clark, let's try exploring a different relationship with Superman. Just for a few years. Let's see what kind of stories can come out of this thing. Then he can go back to banging the same chick for another 80 years. But for now, for the love of god, let the man get his rocks off on Diana ok?

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sage1000

hey MPfly88 I'm actually on your side my only concern is that this relationship does not end up being another plot device for the trinity war.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather see Superman with someone else. I'm sick of the Superman/Wonder Woman thing. I'd go for a Wonder Woman/Batman relationship down the road though. Loved that in JLA.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@arturocalakayvee: Lol, I always loved seeing those two together in the Justice League cartoon.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SandMan_

So we can dance the same dance for another 75 years? Look, we all know Superman and Lois will be back together. Its only a matter of time...With that being said, why does it have to be so soon? I would like for Superman to be with someone that isn't Lois for now. Superman with Wonder Woman is something I would like to see well done...but it doesn't look like that right now. Hopefully I'm wrong. Aside from WW, i would have preferred either Maxima, Lana or someone completely new.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

So we can dance the same dance for another 75 years? Look, we all know Superman and Lois will be back together. Its only a matter of time...With that being said, why does it have to be so soon? I would like for Superman to be with someone that isn't Lois for now. Superman with Wonder Woman is something I would like to see well done...but it doesn't look like that right now. Hopefully I'm wrong. Aside from WW, i would have preferred either Maxima, Lana or someone completely new.

What he said. :)

czechoslovakia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Of course.

BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@dark_guyver: Develop? Diana kissing with another man.Clark dreams about Lois.Clark is jealous of Lois to her boyfriend.Jealous means love. Yes, and the latest issue shows, about anyone Clark thinks most of all.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder woman and supes shoukd have a baby, half kryptonian, half or a quarter demigod. He/she could be really powerful. Louis should DIE!!!!!!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lois cant sex with superman,that was a trouble,so I go to Wonder woman

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

Nope

it is the 'new' 52 for a reason

This, really. It would be an insult to all of us for DC to have split Lois and Clarks decades old marriage, just to hook them back up after two years. Plus, we have 80 years of Clark Kent chasing and pining for Lois, I AM DONE WITH IT.

I dont want Superman to get tied back down, especially to the annoying, bossy, etc Lois that exists (except in Lobdell books, btw Rocafort makes her look great). Superman should see a lot of women, super powered women, and finally settle down with Wonder Woman for the long haul.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo:

MM kicked out of the JLA is a big insult to the DC fan, Steph and Cass written out of continuity is an insult to DC fan, Lobo being nerfed and rewritten is a big insult to the DC fan. I hate the changes as well, and wish for someone in the editorial to get shot.

Mr_Holmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mr_Holmes
@nerx said:

@deaditegonzo:

MM kicked out of the JLA is a big insult to the DC fan, Steph and Cass written out of continuity is an insult to DC fan, Lobo being nerfed and rewritten is a big insult to the DC fan. I hate the changes as well, and wish for someone in the editorial to get shot.

Lord, calm down.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_holmes: Not just to dc though, marvel too >.>

BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicbeast3000: Сonnor argues that human DNA and DNA kriptonian compatible.But there is another option.The option that Superman used in the "All-Star Superman."

BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@powerwoman: Really?This picture proves the opposite.For 15 years of marriage Clark never hurt Lois.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#31  Edited By akbogert

Yes. I loathe the concept of any relationship that isn't destined to last (in or out of comics) and so I see the whole Diana thing as a stupid diversion. Why writers aren't capable of handling a close friendship that doesn't also involve sleeping together and making out, I don't know, but that's the vibe I get here: no one expects it to last, the characters SHOULDN'T expect it to last, and in the meantime you continue to drive a wedge between the couple that was created to be a couple.

Honestly the fascination that this industry and its fans have with pulling apart marriages and longstanding relationships is one of the things I MOST despise about comics.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

Yes. I loathe the concept of any relationship that isn't destined to last (in or out of comics) and so I see the whole Diana thing as a stupid diversion. Why writers aren't capable of handling a close friendship that doesn't also involve sleeping together and making out, I don't know, but that's the vibe I get here: no one expects it to last, the characters SHOULDN'T expect it to last, and in the meantime you continue to drive a wedge between the couple that was created to be a couple.

Honestly the fascination that this industry and its fans have with pulling apart marriages and longstanding relationships is one of the things I MOST despise about comics.

"Designed to be a couple," that's what makes the whole thing dull. Everything is predestined and pre-plotted from the get go. What was the point of rebooting the universe just to retell the same 80 year old stories. This is the reason reboots are stupid, everybody knows whats going to happen, everyone knows history repeats itself in comics, and there are certain stories writers want to retell again and again. I was against them "divorcing" Lois and Kal, but since they did it, I dont want them to make it in vain and waste the opportunity they were given. Lets be honest, Clark is an attractive, intelligent man in his 20s, by now, he should have had many relationships, fallen in love, had sex, etc. Wonder Woman is the most beautiful being on the planet, she is strong and determined, noble as all get out, of course a man would be attracted to her, by now, she too should have been in many relationships; and putting attractive men and women in an isolated group almost guarantees fraternization, just ask anyone who has been in the military.

And unless your an extreme idealist who believes in fantastic concepts like love at first sight and soulmates, theres no reason to believe Wonder Woman should spend all her time pursuing Steve, nor should Kal spend all of his time lusting after Lois Lane.

I hope DC really surprises us, Kal and WW split up, because of the immaturity and shallowness of their relationship, they both see a bunch of different people so we get to read a lot of new and unusual stories (skip the Batman + WW, just no), then they come back together remembering what caused their initial attraction but now older and wiser and more experienced in love. Then they settle down, HAVE THE MOST POWERFUL BABY EVER, become the status quo for the next 20 years until the next reboot, where they are split up, and fans are outraged cause, "THATS THE TRADITIONAL PAIRING!"

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lois sucks

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By Zeeguy91
HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

BUT, they have to EARN IT and at least TRY and make his fling with Wonder Woman memorable and genuine but somehow still destined to fail.

In other words, while I don't doubt he'll end up with Lois again, I do doubt that middle line I just said will come to pass.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

"Designed to be a couple," that's what makes the whole thing dull. Everything is predestined and pre-plotted from the get go. What was the point of rebooting the universe just to retell the same 80 year old stories. This is the reason reboots are stupid, everybody knows whats going to happen, everyone knows history repeats itself in comics, and there are certain stories writers want to retell again and again. I was against them "divorcing" Lois and Kal, but since they did it, I dont want them to make it in vain and waste the opportunity they were given. Lets be honest, Clark is an attractive, intelligent man in his 20s, by now, he should have had many relationships, fallen in love, had sex, etc. Wonder Woman is the most beautiful being on the planet, she is strong and determined, noble as all get out, of course a man would be attracted to her, by now, she too should have been in many relationships; and putting attractive men and women in an isolated group almost guarantees fraternization, just ask anyone who has been in the military.

And unless your an extreme idealist who believes in fantastic concepts like love at first sight and soulmates, theres no reason to believe Wonder Woman should spend all her time pursuing Steve, nor should Kal spend all of his time lusting after Lois Lane.

I hope DC really surprises us, Kal and WW split up, because of the immaturity and shallowness of their relationship, they both see a bunch of different people so we get to read a lot of new and unusual stories (skip the Batman + WW, just no), then they come back together remembering what caused their initial attraction but now older and wiser and more experienced in love. Then they settle down, HAVE THE MOST POWERFUL BABY EVER, become the status quo for the next 20 years until the next reboot, where they are split up, and fans are outraged cause, "THATS THE TRADITIONAL PAIRING!"

Akbogert's got it (mostly) right. Though I am partially loathe to admit so because of the odd vibe I get from him.

Also, anyone ELSE think that the New 52 SHOULD have been DC's answer to the Ultimate Universe instead of that Universe itself?

Mr_Holmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees said:

Akbogert's got it (mostly) right. Though I am partially loathe to admit so because of the odd vibe I get from him.

Also, anyone ELSE think that the New 52 SHOULD have been DC's answer to the Ultimate Universe instead of that Universe itself?

The Ultimate Universe was fresh at the time, but has become an irrelevant elseworlds now, with Marvel focusing all their marketing on 616 Marvel Now! It wasn't sustainable and DC is wise now that they got to see it beforehand.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees said:

The Ultimate Universe was fresh at the time, but has become an irrelevant elseworlds now, with Marvel focusing all their marketing on 616 Marvel Now! It wasn't sustainable and DC is wise now that they got to see it beforehand.

Yeah but...I was hoping to get the older DC back...or at least a version of it CLOSER to that older DC that didn't butcher so many characters.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_holmes said:

@hewhosees said:

Yeah but...I was hoping to get the older DC back...or at least a version of it CLOSER to that older DC that didn't butcher so many characters.

See I feel the exact opposite, if youre going to do a reboot, dont waste our time, change as much as you can without going "stupid". Basically, Superman never should be made into a blue skinned, shape shifting alien (an actual suggestion someone made on this forum), but he should live a different life with new experiences, new battles, and new loves.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You...ARE aware that it can be argued VERY easily that they did go "Stupid" and that the guy we got ain't ol' big blue, right?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By akbogert

Well, in four months, that's definitely the most backhanded endorsement I've ever received. What does that even mean?

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

@hewhosees said:

Well, in four months, that's definitely the most backhanded endorsement I've ever received. What does that even mean?

The opposite of this song, geeze!

Loading Video...

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@akbogert said:

It will never happen. I hope it never happens. Superman/Wonder Woman is not being written in an engaging, interesting manner. I hope they split up and maybe date other people. I'd love to see Supes/Zatanna or Diana/Bruce(like the JLU show).

Mr_Holmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mr_Holmes

@deaditegonzo said:

@hewhosees said:

@mr_holmes said:

@hewhosees said:

See I feel the exact opposite, if youre going to do a reboot, dont waste our time, change as much as you can without going "stupid". Basically, Superman never should be made into a blue skinned, shape shifting alien (an actual suggestion someone made on this forum), but he should live a different life with new experiences, new battles, and new loves.

Right, but DC will never get away with killing Superman and Batman in the reboot as a main universe. With the Ultimate Universe, you can get away with killing Wolverine, and Spider-Man that's the difference. Marvel decided to use UU to explore things that can't be done in the "main" universe instead of just a streamlined version of it.

I think for the most part DC has done an okay job keeping things different, for better or worse. Batman, GL, and LOSH obviously being the exceptions. Batman was kind of half-assed, where so much of pre-FP history is jammed into five years, and at the same time a lot of the good aspects of the old history is gone. GL is pretty much the same because of Johns Legion is the same because of Levitz.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

@hewhosees said:

@mr_holmes said:

@hewhosees said:

Right, but DC will never get away with killing Superman and Batman in the reboot as a main universe. With the Ultimate Universe, you can get away with killing Wolverine, and Spider-Man that's the difference. Marvel decided to use UU to explore things that can't be done in the "main" universe instead of just a streamlined version of it.

I think for the most part DC has done an okay job keeping things different, for better or worse. Batman, GL, and LOSH obviously being the exceptions. Batman was kind of half-assed, where so much of pre-FP history is jammed into five years, and at the same time a lot of the good aspects of the old history is gone. GL is pretty much the same because of Johns Legion is the same because of Levitz.

The JSA. On that point alone, one of my friends would probably (politely and well wordedly) verbal castigate you into a frenzy.

PowerWoman456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91: Sorry, I forgot, in the future I will find

@nerx:whole article 100% right,even pre-52 superman need help move the earth,he still very powerful

And now,New-52 superman can easily lift earth weight,wonder woman should be his best wife,not lois,who almost close to superman in strength,if superman sex with wonder woman,they are would be like this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

earth-moved or earth destroyed

Mr_Holmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_holmes said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@hewhosees said:

@mr_holmes said:

@hewhosees said:

The JSA. On that point alone, one of my friends would probably (politely and well wordedly) verbal castigate you into a frenzy.

What are you talking about?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Alright, you have the right to your opinions. However saying that a major character like Batman is having continuity problems and that Green Lantern is MOSTLY in tact, says VOLUMES right there about how much of a failure the New 52 is. Look if they were doing a total reboot? I would be LESS insulted by all of what DC has done. I mean complete reboot. JSA being their first superhero team, all of their characters being done the way they were back in the Golden Age, 20 years later DC does a Silver Age again, and so on and so forth. Why would I like this? Well I wouldn't entirely, but at least it would be a REBOOT. You see I've come to a realization. DC did not reboot their universe. They just killed it, then played mad scientist with it and made a Frankenstein Monster with various bits of their old universe and random/useless changes to sew it all together with Flash Point being the proverbial lightning bolt to bring it to life.

Look, the fact that they're having ANY problems with the history of their new universe proves that this was rushed, it was not very well thought out, and nearly ALL of the changes to these characters that were made could have happened without the need to restart the entire universe.

Now I will admit, the pre-New 52 universe as it was at the time was a bit of a mess. I admit that. However a partial reboot, just removing somethings that DIDN'T work in the pre-New 52 would have gone a long way in making this work. Like Lian Harper dying and Roy Harper losing his arm and becoming a supervillain. This is one thing that could have been forgotten about. Mary Marvel turning evil TWICE and Billy Batson losing his powers. Again, could have been undone. The entirety of Amazons Attack and Countdown. All undone. You see? The New 52 could have been a chance to unburden the universe and clean away all the BAD stories that cluttered it, yet at the same time leaving it for the most part unchanged and allowing new stories to be told in a universe that while new to new fans, feels familiar a likable to old fans.

Mr_Holmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, you have the right to your opinions. However saying that a major character like Batman is having continuity problems and that Green Lantern is MOSTLY in tact, says VOLUMES right there about how much of a failure the New 52 is. Look if they were doing a total reboot? I would be LESS insulted by all of what DC has done. I mean complete reboot. JSA being their first superhero team, all of their characters being done the way they were back in the Golden Age, 20 years later DC does a Silver Age again, and so on and so forth. Why would I like this? Well I wouldn't entirely, but at least it would be a REBOOT.

That's just personal preference though. Who is to say doing the JSA in the beginning is the correct way to reboot? You realize the Silver Age was a reboot in of itself? They scrapped the JSA and started over.

You see I've come to a realization. DC did not reboot their universe. They just killed it, then played mad scientist with it and made a Frankenstein Monster with various bits of their old universe and random/useless changes to sew it all together with Flash Point being the proverbial lightning bolt to bring it to life.

That's what they did after Crisis on Infinite Earths too, I'm just assuming you didn't read DC then either. This time around it's not nearly as much as a problem. You pretty much assume that it's a new universe where SOME history is BASED on old stories, but it's not an issue of continuity directly happening or not. You can pretty much pretend it is a reboot wholesale for all intents and purposes.