No Caption Provided

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nickzambuto

Summarizes one of the biggest thematic problems the Justice League faces, and as always Superman, being the OG that he is, is the only one who knows what the f*** to do. He does look kinda derpy in the last panel though.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Difference between main universe Superman and Red Son Superman.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a great quote

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a great quote, and goes to show how the Frank Miller types completely miscast (and misunderstand) Superman all the time. Seriously, this isn't the guy that should be constantly turning villain (from mind control or patriotism or bloodlust after tragic events).

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate the art, love the writing.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Squalleon

Good stuff.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Summarizes one of the biggest thematic problems the Justice League faces, and as always Superman, being the OG that he is, is the only one who knows what the f*** to do. He does look kinda derpy in the last panel though.

Oh this! Superman is beyond aware of how ordinary people live seeing as he does it every time he takes the cape off and would never try to control or fence in people. (He does look derpy)

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Love this.

Good stuff.

Hate the art, love the writing.

Its a great quote, and goes to show how the Frank Miller types completely miscast (and misunderstand) Superman all the time. Seriously, this isn't the guy that should be constantly turning villain (from mind control or patriotism or bloodlust after tragic events).

It's a great quote

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

Well. It's how it should be. Superman at the time was telling Kyle what in essence differentiates a hero from a villain.

A hero helps mankind solve problems that would otherwise destroy humanity future. But a hero should not save people from themselves. If heroes solved all everyday problems than humanity would stop growing and worst, they would rely on heroes to solve everything that was wrong, from the most insignificant problem to the largest one. And that in the end it's not helping or saving humanity, but killing it slowly.

While villains, don't see that. To villains humanity is a huge number of sheep's that needs to be controlled. Humanity doesn't need free will. Humanity doesn't need to think for themselves. To villains humanity can't and shouldn't survive without them.

The speech was the basis of right and wrong. Heroes and Villains.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a great quote that sums up a lot about Superman as a character.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mysticmedivh
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It means Lex Luthor is wrong about Superman all along...spoiler. =)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THAT is Superman.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It means Lex Luthor is wrong about Superman all along...spoiler. =)

The interesting thing is that Lex isn't completely wrong and neither is Superman completely right.

But Lex while isn't wrong, he doesn't hate Supes for that, he just hates that he isn't top dog.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@squalleon: We know Lex's hatred comes from his jealousy, but Superman proves here that Luthor's belief that Superman is going to make humanity lazy is just false, but I guess Superman has to work harder to make Luthor see the light.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: We know Lex's hatred comes from his jealousy, but Superman proves here that Luthor's belief that Superman is going to make humanity lazy is just false, but I guess Superman has to work harder to make Luthor see the light.

Well, Lex in his jealousy isn't wrong completely. Since Superman does interfere with humanity's evolution. Keeping them back, maybe not, but he does interfere and alter the course.

I like how All Star played out in the end with Luthor finally understanding, that he was bitter and he was lying to himself all these years.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It's a very interesting quote dealing with complicated issues such as the extent to which heroes should act to protect and intervene in people's lives handled in a nuanced way which is true to Superman's core character. It's similar to Superman's quote from Morrison's JLA run where he says humanity should achieve its own destiny and the JLA is there to catch them if they fall.

No Caption Provided

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

It's a very interesting quote dealing with complicated issues such as the extent to which heroes should act to protect and intervene in people's lives handled in a nuanced way which is true to Superman's core character. It's similar to Superman's quote from Morrison's JLA run where he says humanity should achieve its own destiny and the JLA is there to catch them if they fall.

And officially welcome back mate!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

And officially welcome back mate!

Thanks Squall, it's nice to be back and not worry about essays anymore! :)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the perfect superhero quote. When he's written like that, he's up there with Batman—a character that's not just a "favorite superhero" but favorite fictional character.

Superman: Peace On Earth epitomized that quote for me. Although, I haven't read it in a long time, so the story might not hold up.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By SaintWildcard
Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

The art is a bit wonky, though.

Especially with Batman smiling like a schoolboy that did something naughty.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga: Not a fan of Howard Porter's art I see? Personally I quite like Porter's proportions and scale, it really matched Morrison's vivid and extremely imaginative scope for his stories IMO.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: More along the lines of their expressions, they seem off. But, I guess the proportions are good, now that you mention it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:

@lvenger: More along the lines of their expressions, they seem off. But, I guess the proportions are good, now that you mention it.

True, facial expressions are an important part of conveying what the characters are feeling and thinking on page. You're not the only one who's complained about Porter's iffy facial expressions. IIRC SOG doesn't like Porter's art too and I've seen others express less than satisfactory news at Porter being the JL3000 artist.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Squalleon

@lvenger said:
@jogga said:

True, facial expressions are an important part of conveying what the characters are feeling and thinking on page. You're not the only one who's complained about Porter's iffy facial expressions. IIRC SOG doesn't like Porter's art too and I've seen others express less than satisfactory news at Porter being the JL3000 artist.

Sorry to but in, but I have seen that Porter's art was highly praised in JL3000. He really looks like a different artist.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@jogga said:

Sorry to but in, but I have seen that Porter's art was highly praised in JL3000. He really looks like a different artist.

No problem, when it's on a relevant topic and with useful info, butting in is fine. Perhaps I was thinking of the early announcement phase of JL300 for those comments. I haven't been following Jl3000 but Porter's art does actually look even better than it has in a long while so I can believe your statement.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@squalleon said:

No problem, when it's on a relevant topic and with useful info, butting in is fine. Perhaps I was thinking of the early announcement phase of JL300 for those comments. I haven't been following Jl3000 but Porter's art does actually look even better than it has in a long while so I can believe your statement.

I have seen his art and in previews and scans. I thouroughly enjoyed it. It is a mix of Maguire and his JLA art. Expressive faces and nice detailed world. Its especially awesome considering he was injured and out of work for decades and he came back better than ever.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@squalleon said:

I have seen his art and in previews and scans. I thouroughly enjoyed it. It is a mix of Maguire and his JLA art. Expressive faces and nice detailed world. Its especially awesome considering he was injured and out of work for decades and he came back better than ever.

At least JL3000 looks good on paper then, what happened to Porter that got him out of the artist game for a while?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

At least JL3000 looks good on paper then, what happened to Porter that got him out of the artist game for a while?

His hand was severely injured. He severed a nerve and a large portion of his tendon in his thump...ouch. Quite sad when your work is drawing.

But again, the guy only came back better than ever:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Good grief that's a terrible injury. All the more amazing that his artwork looks so gorgeous in spite of it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Squalleon

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: Good grief that's a terrible injury. All the more amazing that his artwork looks so gorgeous in spite of it.

It looks even better than his Flash work imo. He really came back with a vengeance.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

His hand was severely injured. He severed a nerve and a large portion of his tendon in his thump...ouch. Quite sad when your work is drawing.

But again, the guy only came back better than ever:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

THAT'S the same guy?

And it was AFTER he had a sever injury on his hand?

The guy's a beast.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga: His art is magnificent. He really loves his work. He struggled but he returned better than before.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's what separates Superman from characters like Wonder Woman and Batman.

SamRF_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beautiful

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga: Whoa! where was that guy back in JLA!?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

@lvenger said:
@jogga said:

I didn't. I'm okay with it now but it definitely took some getting used to for me. But wow, he's gotten far better.