• 54 results
#1 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Like seriously, its the big guy's 75 birthday and WB can't pull out an animated series for him? Superman isn't declining popularity because he is ''boring'', like some ignorant people point out, he is loosing popularity because there is next to zero exposure of him in other media....Man Of Steel isn't enough and Injustice didn't help.

So seriously DC, you gave GL a cartoon after a horrible movie....And currently Batman is at its 234185 cartoon adaptation. Its Superman's turn now.

#2 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: agreed. would like the same animaion as in public enemies

#3 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I just kinda disconcerting. Its time for Superman's spotlight.

#4 Edited by stephens2177 (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed,I would love a new superman cartoon show,BUT the big question is which version would go over better,classic,MoS movie,or new 52 versions?

#5 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by stephens2177 (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

I would agree with that for myself,the movie is exposure for itself,the classic has 75 years of exposure,and the new 52 has only been around for two years and has no other exposure besides the comics themselves,not to mention it's the current version.

#7 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah there needs to be a new Superman cartoon. However his popularity isn't declining too much.

#8 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9309 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: I would love to see the pants an jeans Superman. Slowly learning his abilities with the season ending in an hour long episode where he gets thrown into space and passes out. He thinks he's going to die but realizes that he doesnt need oxygen, he starts falling back towards earth, he notices he's about to crash into buildings and learns to fly in the moment only enough to pull himself up, and even though his flight skills are amateurish he still wins at the end. I plan on writing some fan fic about how a Superman cartoon should be (cus I have to much free time). First thing I want to write is Superman meeting Batman and Green Arrow.

#11 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

He's still the most recognized and iconic superhero of all time. Sure characters like Batman and Iron Man are more popular than him right now, but we have yet to see how long that lasts (Iron Man). Superman will still remain in general audiences' minds 50, even 100s of years from now. Characters like Superman, Batman, and Spiderman are characters who no matter what happens to them, their popularity won't decline.

#12 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say that I want a Supes cartoon but then I realize how bad all current superhero shows are.

#13 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: That sounds awesome. But now that I think about it maybe DC is waiting for new 52 to really be defined. They need to define who he is as a matured Clark that will be around for the next 20-30 years. After they do that then I believe supes will get a new cartoon. Or better yet 2015. The JL movie is perfect timing for new dc animated universe

#15 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11147 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Most definitely. And I hope it's not anything like Beware the Batman or GL's show. I want good, clean cut, cartoon.

#16 Edited by stephens2177 (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

How about a cartoon with the young t shirt and jeans superman?

#17 Posted by Jeremy1989 (605 posts) - - Show Bio

Let face facts DC comics don't like superman

#18 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

DC loves Superman, at least as a property, it's why other than Batman he's the only one who gets multiple movies animated or otherwise and why he stars in several comic series and has a section of the universe set off for him and his supporting characters in the "Superman Family" section. They just have no idea how to use him

#19 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1377 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@sog7dc: I just kinda disconcerting. Its time for Superman's spotlight.

Totally.

What i would love is a superman cartoon with the same animation as Young Justice.

maybe the 3d-esque animation could work, i liked it in GL, not so much in beware the batman. But that may be limiting in some aspects. So for me it should ideally be the same as YJ.

#20 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9309 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: LOL, thats a large gap so either 2 years or 20? They should have done it this years so they could have had a cartoon, a comic and movie for this anniversary date, maybe even a hit single by new rapper Kal-Money XD. I dont think they need to wait, after all they are making the JL War movie.

#21 Posted by Jeremy1989 (605 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeremy1989 said:

DC loves Superman, at least as a property, it's why other than Batman he's the only one who gets multiple movies animated or otherwise and why he stars in several comic series and has a section of the universe set off for him and his supporting characters in the "Superman Family" section. They just have no idea how to use him

Yeah you right I might've sounded a bit irrational. My bad :)

#22 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't we just get an animated series with this animation???? Is it too hard WB? Is IT?

#23 Posted by Lvenger (18474 posts) - - Show Bio
@sandman_ said:

Can't we just get an animated series with this animation???? Is it too hard WB? Is IT?

Is that from the Zack Snyder directed Superman short shown at NYCC? In any case, you know I'd love nothing more than a new Superman cartoon to be made. Superman deserves to be given the spotlight at least as much as Batman if not moreso honestly. He's the first and most defining superhero for a reason. They don't call them Batheroes after all. And a traditionally animated show>CGI cartoon by miles. I don't know what the hype with CGI cartoons is as the animation isn't always great. It is time Superman gets the proper respect he deserves and whilst DC are getting there, they have a way to go.

#25 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Lvenger (18474 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Has a video of the short been leaked yet?

#27 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: No lol I wasn't saying 20 years from now they should make a cartoon I'm saying after thy develop the character to what he will be in the comics 20 year from now then they should make a cartoon.

#28 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Not that I know of....But seriously....They should do a cartoon.

#29 Posted by Squalleon (4190 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Dernman (14786 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Lvenger (18474 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do bust out a new animated show for Superman, I hope they do go the traditional route in terms of animation rather than CGI. It works fine with Beware the Batman but I feel like it's somewhat... restricting :/

#33 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9309 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by JetiiMitra (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

If they don't want to go a more traditional Superman route, I could totally see an early New 52 Action Comics style animated show. Might even prefer one, introduce kids first to the vigilante Superman and have him be Superman as in TAS or JL/U by the last season or so.

#35 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Lvenger (18474 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do bust out a new animated show for Superman, I hope they do go the traditional route in terms of animation rather than CGI. It works fine with Beware the Batman but I feel like it's somewhat... restricting :/

Seconded. It is very restrictive in its story telling.

#37 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9309 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Dernman (14786 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

Seconded. It is very restrictive in its story telling.

Thirded

#40 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Any other cons left?

#41 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (9309 posts) - - Show Bio

I have bad news and good news. The good news is that someone who was at the Justice League War panel asked if they were ever going to make a Superman or any other character animated series besides batman.... I think you know what the bad news is

#42 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (9309 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: He didnt state exactly what they said but the jist of it was that instead of animated series they are focusing on the movies. Someone on the Superman Homepage said this.

Its not to say that it will never happen but I dont think we should be expecting one for at least 5 years.

#44 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by redleader1 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell they will probly make another batman game for his 75th but not the flagship of dc

#46 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see another Superman cartoon also. We hadn't had one for years.

#47 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez, we need something other than Batman WB.

#48 Posted by Wolverine08 (38958 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Jeez, we need something other than Batman WB.

Warner Brothers milks Superman too much too you know. Come to think of it, WB seems reluctant to do anything that doesn't evolve either Superman or Batman.

#49 Posted by sinestro_GL (3067 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like a retro Superman animated show...I think it could be cool and actually culturally informative

#50 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: doesn't milk him like they do to Batman, last solo Superman cartoon was over a decade ago.