Next Superman animated movie

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's time we get Red Son adapted. Or the Supergirl Saga so we get an Exile Saga movie. What about you guys?

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see Red Son adapted to an animated movie.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Considering they did the motion comic thing, I dont think they will, but Id be first in line to buy the movie. Not so much a great Superman story but instead its a great Lex Luthor story.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really now?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Personally, I'd like to see Birthright adapted more than anything, Red Son would also be fantastic. For Tomorrow is also a very underrated Superman story and considering his interaction with certain leaguers, especially his titanic fight with Diana, and another with Zod, it would make for an amazing animated film.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Personally, I'd like to see Birthright adapted more than anything, Red Son would also be fantastic. For Tomorrow is also a very underrated Superman story and considering his interaction with certain leaguers, especially his titanic fight with Diana, and another with Zod, it would make for an amazing animated film.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@deranged_midget: Birthright would be a massive yes from me. Birthright>any other Superman origin. For Tomorrow however, not so much. Superman acted a bit too aggressively and the pacing of the story went all over the place in its second act.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget said:

Red Son would also be fantastic. For Tomorrow is also a very underrated Superman story and considering his interaction with certain leaguers, especially his titanic fight with Diana, and another with Zod, it would make for an amazing animated film.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It won't happen, mark Millar wrote it and he's an arrogant idiot now days that WB or DC might not want to deal with or credit at this point in time. Maybe in the far future.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It would be great to see Red Son get an animated movie adaptation.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Last Son IMO. Though another superman story I would like to see really I think would be good is Superman Unchained but that will have to take its time to age in order for us to be able to see that.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Loading Video...

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

Didn't DC and WB say they wanted to shift the animated releases more to N52 stuff now? I remember reading that somewhere when they announced the JL one.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: I'm just guessing, but I'd say the H'El arc is the more likely candidate. Not saying it's my preference, just the one I see them looking at being a film length adaptation of, given its scope and how much they pushed it. Was there really a major arc to Morrison's run they could adapt as a single story? It felt more to me like a bunch of stories to help establish an origin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: Morrison's first arc has already been concerned as a candidate for an adaptation along with Court of Owls

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually yeah, just going back, I guess the set up and stuff with brainiac could be tied into an animated feature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Well Lois was gone with no sing of where she went and hundreds of other people from Metropolis also and Superman failed to save them so Superman was a little depressed so he was a little aggressive which makes sense given his predicament. The pacing wasn't that jarring to me although it was a little wonky. I still love For Tomorrow and find it extremely underrated along with Azzarello's brilliant Lex Luthor mini.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Now Azzarello's Luthor mini is awesome, that I cannot disagree with. He really nailed Luthor's characterisation down to a tee. But he made Superman seem a bit too gritty and depressing in that storyline along with not fleshing out the themes of the story enough for my tastes.

mkukie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since The New 52 is the direction they are looking to go I'd like to see Superman Unchained, they haven't finished an Arc yet but I'm enjoying the direction it's going, plus I'm a sucker for Scott Snyder's writing and Jim Lee's art. But if they would be so nice to give us a few pre n52 animated movies then I agree with a bunch of people a real Red Son movie would be fun

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@sandman_ said:

It's time we get Red Son adapted. Or the Supergirl Saga so we get an Exile Saga movie. What about you guys?

YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Azzarello stated the entire point of the arc was to show a helpless more gritty side of Superman

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It won't happen, mark Millar wrote it and he's an arrogant idiot now days that WB or DC might not want to deal with or credit at this point in time. Maybe in the far future.

Kick Ass was made into a movie. So was Wanted.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@gor724: kick ass was lions gate. Wanted was universal. WB is its own shabang.

I say Morrison's action comics whole run. In 2 movies. Hel on Earth would be cool.