New vulnerabilities (spoiler ahead) of Superman

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

..so thinking about the conclusion of MOS, does this mean that we can add to "kryptonite", "broken neck" to the list of Superman vulnerabilities. I mean we've always assumed he is pretty much invulnerable, certainly able to survive bombs, nuclear explosions, Darkseids beams etc, but now its seems a powerful enough being can snap a Kryptonian's neck. Its something that wouldn't work on Hulk, with his super fast healing abilities, so should this be factored into all those battles that we get over on the battle forum...

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why assume it wouldn't work on Hulk? I have no doubt twisting his neck all the way round can kill him aswell, any kind of healing super or otherwise stops when the body dies.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Actually Thor has snapped Hulk´s neck:

No Caption Provided

Superman could do the same

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By w0nd

@ultimatesmfan said:

Why assume it wouldn't work on Hulk? I have no doubt twisting his neck all the way round can kill him aswell, any kind of healing super or otherwise stops when the body dies.

Hulk has gotten his neck broken a few times. his body always just heals itself. He has an insane healing factor which makes up for his lack of invulnerability

No Caption Provided

See people snap his neck all the time, he just gets up after lol.

and mr invulnerable sentry got his head blown off but he grew it back.

@bezza A being strong enough can beat superman to death as well, so I assume snapping his neck would fall under the brute strength beating as well. Invulnerable yes to a degree. He is resilient but can be killed by a force equal to or greater, not many earthly people are though.

I forgot what issue it was but Lex was going over all the ways superman can be killed. Being beaten to death was one of them. Like I mentioned in another thread if someone just cut his head off he wouldn't grow a new one, but every time someone attempts to kill him they just stab him, or shoot him with a beam or kryptonite bullet and leave him there in tact so his body can just heal.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@bezza: This shouldn't be a surprise. No one ever claimed Superman (or Kryptonians under the power of a yellow sun) were invincible. Surely there are more powerful or equally powered beings. People don't typically read Superman because he's invincible.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By w0nd

@crash_recovery: People think he is, and they are greatly mistaken. I mean wasn't the older superman killed during the battle with prime?

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@w0nd: I think you're right. Pre-Crisis Superman died along with Connor Kent Superboy.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@w0nd said:

@ultimatesmfan said:

Hulk has gotten his neck broken a few times. his body always just heals itself. He has an insane healing factor which makes up for his lack of invulnerability

No Caption Provided

See people snap his neck all the time, he just gets up after lol.

and mr invulnerable sentry got his head blown off but he grew it back.

@bezza A being strong enough can beat superman to death as well, so I assume snapping his neck would fall under the brute strength beating as well. Invulnerable yes to a degree. He is resilient but can be killed by a force equal to or greater, not many earthly people are though.

I forgot what issue it was but Lex was going over all the ways superman can be killed. Being beaten to death was one of them. Like I mentioned in another thread if someone just cut his head off he wouldn't grow a new one, but every time someone attempts to kill him they just stab him, or shoot him with a beam or kryptonite bullet and leave him there in tact so his body can just heal.

Hm..I actually think that makes sense that his healing factor makes up for his lack of invincibility.And Superman's invincibility makes up for his lack of a healing factor.....I never looked at it like that before.

Anyway,I wouldn't see why a Kryptonian can't kill another.Not only that,but to the OP,it does work on Hulk.Its happened many times.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ciriel

I don't think the movie applies to Superman in the comics

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora was knocked out by the giant missile from the jet in the Smallville fight seen. So I guess we can add very big missiles to the list of Kryptonian weaknesses.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I don't think it makes sense or is even relatively fair to compare the film incarnations to that of the comics.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Thor has snapped Hulk´s neck:

No Caption Provided

Superman could do the same

Thanks for sharing this, I was going to post a thread on the marvel site on the lines of "has Thor ever beaten Hulk" and you have answered that one for me too!! This was quite an old comic and I doubt many people have broken hulks neck in modern times. Proves my point however that ultimately superman is more vulnerable than Hulk, coz Hulk can heal from anything, whereas being a certain point, Superman can't.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@bezza: Broken Neck is pretty much an every body weakness so unless were calling bullets a weakness for Batman we can't really dub this a Superman specific weakness.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Haha, except Superman manhandled Thor and Hulk clearly didnt...

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KnightRise

How is a broken neck a vulnerability? I could snap another human of similar strength's neck, its safe to assume that one Kryptonian could snap another Kryptonian's neck.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By _Black

Comicvine Forums: 1 Logic: 0

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan said:

Nope

I don't think it does. Look at Wolverine, his body has died tons of times, yet he keeps coming back....

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By w0nd

@theocitylegend said:

Faora was knocked out by the giant missile from the jet in the Smallville fight seen. So I guess we can add very big missiles to the list of Kryptonian weaknesses.

at what point blank range? plus she absorbed the earths sun for two days? ill be fair and say a week max. That's fair in new krypton the same things happened, they slowly got power.

@bezza

Depends who's writing the story. In some stories wolverine and hulk have been killed off by things as simple as a nuke. In other stories banner can't even die as well because as soon as he does he hulks out and heals. In supermans case I think a dead kryptonian is a dead kryptonian

The way I see it he has high invulnerability and mild healing factor where as hulk can be impaled and has mild invulnerability but his healing factor is through he roof. And then there is a whole other issue of growing limbs back, or needing the limb in order for the arm to heal and so on. Different types of all these things.