#1401 Edited by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: He's not the one insulting people.

#1402 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio
#1403 Edited by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio
#1404 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: it was on an early post of his its on page 28 anyway I'm done now got to go find out when superman unchained issue 4 is out along with thor god of thunder

#1405 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8796 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel:

You're basically saying our soldiers fighting WARS for us arent WARRIORS....C'mon man, fighting skills or lack thereof have nothing to do with being a warrior. Anderson Silva or Bruce Lee may be a couple of the most skilled fighters in recent times but I wouldn't call them a warrior over any 18 year old kid drafted into WAR. Batman and Wonder Woman may be more skillful, but like them, Superman fight's for his life in constant WAR like situations. He is a WARRIOR.

Do you even know the definition of the word?

#1406 Edited by PowerWoman (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

CitizenBane banned Matchesmalone21?

That us question,stop silly talk

#1407 Posted by stephens2177 (962 posts) - - Show Bio
#1408 Posted by toplel (738 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: I could ask you the same question. Soliders aren't warriors either. Not by the classical definition. And again, fighting skills do count but are not the sole reason for calling someone a warrior. You using Silva and Lee as examples only proves that my earlier point was taken way out of context.

It is possible Lemire used the modern definition, but considering Frankenstein says in all his life he hasn't seen a better warrior suggests the classical definition, which Superman doesn't fit into.

#1409 Posted by stephens2177 (962 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel: your being overly anal here buddy,it is what it is,your obsessing over one statement,either that or your trolling for kicks,either way you need to chill,it's just comics.

#1410 Posted by toplel (738 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: I guess I am. I'm trying to stop Clark Kent from becoming Gary Stu. At this point, not only is he Superman, a scientist and a surgeon, but also apparently a warrior. I guess its hopeless.

#1411 Posted by PowerWoman (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

Who care it?

Just who can tell us CitizenBane banned Matchesmalone21?

#1412 Edited by StudentOfJorEl (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Now our fellow got banned. F**k..... this isn't good. How is the New 52 Superman?

#1413 Posted by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio
#1414 Posted by toptom (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

OK, first of all i think i'll have to put the definition of the word "warrior" right here: http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/warrior

Then this little discussion has made me think at other scans in which Superman is considered as a great warrior...even across the galaxy:

His reputation as a vaunted warrior is well known across the cosmos
He is considered the leader of the Pax Galactica, a group of powerful cosmic warriors.

Then here you are Superman against the parasite from Superman # 23.4

After having his energy absorbed by the Parasite, Superman survives to a powerful blast of his own heat vision and then he proceeds with frozing him

#1415 Posted by toplel (738 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom: I guess a loose definition of warrior could be used to accommodate Superman, but considering him on the level of people like Wonder Woman or Batman would be a mistake. Note that powers do not make the warrior.

#1416 Edited by toptom (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

@sanohibiki: @z3ro180: yes, i can try to fill matchesmalone's shoes....but every help is more than appreciated, since Superman is going to have 6 titles from october!

@toplel

Note that YOU saying he isn't a warrior...doesn't make it true.

Superman IS ont the level of people like WW and Batman. They can fight better, that of course its true, but there are many ways to define the word "skill". Superman has got many powers since he was a child and he is pretty well skilled with each of them: he can use his x-rays vision to detect weak points, he can use his hearing to discover if someone is lying or to detect the heartbeat or to detect if someone is trying to ambush him, he can use his heat vision in a dozen different ways, he can use his hv and cold breath in tandem, and he is even a genius.To all that staff you can add the fact he knows even how to fight, he knows box and some other things apparently.

All that stuff put together, his powers and his skills, his intellect and his courage and determination ( even in this universe he has fought against dd till his death) render him one of the best warrior ever.Peace.

#1417 Posted by toplel (738 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom: You're not rebutting anything I said. Superman fits into a loose definition of a warrior.

#1418 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom: Do you have injustice for the 360 if so I demean da virtual fight to the death with high powered aliens.

#1419 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8796 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel said:

@buttersdaman000: I could ask you the same question. Soliders aren't warriors either. Not by the classical definition. And again, fighting skills do count but are not the sole reason for calling someone a warrior. You using Silva and Lee as examples only proves that my earlier point was taken way out of context.

It is possible Lemire used the modern definition, but considering Frankenstein says in all his life he hasn't seen a better warrior suggests the classical definition, which Superman doesn't fit into.

No, you couldn't because you obviously have some skewed sense of the word. Every definition of WARRIOR can be summarized as: A brave and/or experienced PERSON/SOLDIER/FIGHTER who has fought/fights in BATTLES or WARS. Just because you obviously, weirdly take the text as some sort of slight towards Batman doesn't mean you can come on to this board to try to belittle or undermine Superman.

#1420 Posted by toplel (738 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: I would have seriously considered what you said if you hadn't added that last line. I try and explain why a particular definition of the word doesn't exactly fit Superman and I'm belittling Superman. Great.

#1421 Posted by toptom (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: i wish i had the 360.....i still have the old dear x-box one :(

#1422 Posted by PowerWoman (3253 posts) - - Show Bio
#1423 Posted by PowerWoman (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2 superman's heat vision tear earth in half with easily

#1424 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1168 posts) - - Show Bio
#1425 Posted by PowerWoman (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: lol

That mean, E2 superman at least as powerful as Current superman

#1426 Edited by stephens2177 (962 posts) - - Show Bio

I think e2 superman is still older than present day earth prime/1 superman,so he might be more powerful,or atleast be potentially more powerful

#1427 Edited by SanoHibiki (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman:

I really, really don’t want to be downer here, but – is that really heat vision? It looks like Brutale stand in the middle of some energy stream (to melt his armor), which originates ether from Earth’s core of maybe from space. He looks directly infront of him, so how that can be heat vision?

#1428 Posted by PowerWoman (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@sanohibiki: It's maybe not heat vision,but that energy still from superman,but dont know what it is

#1429 Posted by PowerWoman (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: Maybe,but E2 wonder woman isnt has"god-mode",look like E2 hero is weaker than Prime universe

#1430 Posted by SanoHibiki (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman:

Just wanted to edit my previous post, say that question deleted.

It seems like Eath-2 Superman now have Omega-Beams (or at least something similar). So yeah, it is he who generates this energy. Impressive, if I dare to say so (but not for planet itself).

#1431 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: @powerwoman: As seen in batman/superman, he is definitely more powerful and a lot more experienced,he's also a lot older so, no wonder. It also mentions that new 52 superman has the potential for all those feats.

#1432 Posted by PowerWoman (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@sanohibiki: Omega-Beams,right,I think E2 superman become Darkseid's dog now....

#1433 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Wait wait wait back up. Didn't E2 Superman die way back in issue 1 of Earth 2? How do we know that this is I fact E2 Supes and not a clone or that weird Frankenstein monster supes at the end of Darkseids villian month issue ?

#1434 Posted by toptom (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: I know i have read it! Amazing...that was the best fatality ever!

However i don't think he was slashing the earth with his heat vision, but he seemed to be at the very epicenter of that explosion without even being hurt a little. Still he seems to be probably stronger than before : darkseid has given to him something similar to his omega beams, and he could have modified his body too. (jl # 23.1)

#1435 Posted by PowerWoman (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom: Up,you are right,it's not heat vision,it's omega beams,he was more powerful than before,Dont know who will fight with him,Prime superman or Powergirl(she will back E2)

@z3ro180 said:

@powerwoman: Wait wait wait back up. Didn't E2 Superman die way back in issue 1 of Earth 2? How do we know that this is I fact E2 Supes and not a clone or that weird Frankenstein monster supes at the end of Darkseids villian month issue ?

Dont know,sorry,this is new one

#1436 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom: Is that earth 2 superman or a clone or that Frankenstein superman from the darkseid issue?

#1437 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Earth 2 Superman is older and more experienced than New 52 Superman. And since Darkseid had experimented on him, it looks like he amped him up. Not to mention it looks like Superman killing Steppenwolf was the source of the explosion that caused a fissure that spanned half the Earth.

#1438 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly, matchesmalone isn't here anymore. So I promised to fill in, two weeks ago.

Action Comics #24

"Superman is bursting with psionic energy. His brain burns like a star, synapses fire like alien lightning."
Heat Vision
Durability against tank rounds
Apparently Superman has taken 3 rockets to the chest

#1439 Posted by PowerWoman (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: NIce

but did you know why matchesmalone isn't here anymore???I still dont know what happen

#1440 Edited by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: He's banned. Apparently for posting for too many "unfair battles" in the forum, but I doubt that's the only thing.

#1441 Posted by PowerWoman (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Just it?!I cant belive......you are right,that not only one thing

#1442 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash said:

Heat Vision

Psycho Pirate mentions that Clark thought faster him as well.....Wonder if superman can mimic Flash's speed mind ability. Also he could probably take out psionic enemies before they get into his mind.

#1443 Posted by stephens2177 (962 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure this will be explained the same way as the difference between superboys TTK,and supermans old Byrne force field around his body.superman has it,but can't project it outward,while superboy can.so if you go into supermans mind he can kick you out,but he can't attack you with it if you don't try first.

#1444 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: So that Superman killing Stephan wolf is the superman from Earth 2 issue 1 that died ?

#1445 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Thanks for continuing the Superman respect thread, I'm particularly fond of this one.

@z3ro180 The one and the same. It was hinted at the end of Darkseid's Villain's Month issue that he had this version of Superman under his control.

#1446 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I thought that it was a superman made up of parts from other supermen.

#1447 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: No I think it's E2 Superman.

#1448 Posted by PowerWoman (3253 posts) - - Show Bio
#1449 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: are you sure ? Because I've just looked at it and there is a lot of stitching on that superman in the darkseid issue

#1450 Edited by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: Hmm there is but I'm not sure whether it's a composite Superman.