#1251 Edited by Omnicrono (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@press_oblivion: @z3ro180: @powerwoman: @cameron83: @toptom: More scans

Batman/Superman 1

Destroying Wayne Enterprise's security drones while bitchslap Batman,taking bat-explosives on the face without a scratch.
On Earth 2 Clark meets the Batman of that Universe,but was briefly defeated by a Kryptonite force field,despite being weakened was capable to grab the kryptonite and throw it away,then knock out Earth 2 Batman.

FYI - Supes was "able to grab the kryptonite" only because the future Batman drops the force field and lets his guard down thinking that this Supes was the Superman from his time (i.e. his friend). In other words, this was not really a feat worth showing here.

Also, why are we now posting "easily slaps or knocks out Batman" as some kind of incredible feat?

EDIT: Smells like spite to me.

#1252 Posted by cameron83 (6710 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

Batman/Superman 1

Destroying Wayne Enterprise's security drones while bitchslap Batman,taking bat-explosives on the face without a scratch.
On Earth 2 Clark meets the Batman of that Universe,but was briefly defeated by a Kryptonite force field,despite being weakened was capable to grab the kryptonite and throw it away,then knock out Earth 2 Batman.

FYI - Supes was "able to grab the kryptonite" only because the future Batman let his guard down thinking that this Supes was the Superman from his time (i.e. his friend).

Why are we now posting "easily knocks out Batman" as some kind of incredible feat?

this

#1253 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio
#1254 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: @cameron83 What I mean whit grab the kryptonite is a durability feat,since the kryptonite is a weakness

#1255 Edited by Omnicrono (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: @omnicrono: You have right to disagreed,but I will not changed anything...okay?

Love your posts for the most part, Matches. Sorry, but in this instance... you are pretty off base.

@omnicrono: @cameron83 What I mean whit grab the kryptonite is a durability feat,since the kryptonite is a weakness

Grabbing a small piece of kryptonite for 2 seconds is now a durability feat worthy of mention? Heaven help us all.

#1256 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1377 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: Alot of people now seem to think Kryptonite is an instant win against superman...i agree with you that that shouldn't be the case and a feat like this is pointless but this is a Superman respect thread and the posts in it directly counter any disrespect to superman...and its very evident how people disregard superman in battle threads because kryptonite comes into the picture, so the post is not that shocking if you think about it that way.

#1257 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: Sorry,but you know how many timesI spent updating all respect threads that I have? How much time I spent to created them? Did you do something similar at least? I'm tired of people compalin with me,without knowing how hard I work to keep them

#1258 Edited by Omnicrono (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan said:

@omnicrono: Alot of people now seem to think Kryptonite is an instant win against superman...i agree with you that that shouldn't be the case and a feat like this is pointless but this is a Superman respect thread and the posts in it directly counter any disrespect to superman...and its very evident how people disregard superman in battle threads because kryptonite comes into the picture, so the post is not that shocking if you think about it that way.

You are right. It is a Superman respect thread, so anybody can post anything they want regarding the character so long as it can feasibly fall within the "respect" category.

My concern with that is: these threads could easily devolve into throwing up any old scan or feat and totally misconstruing what happened in it simply because "Hey, this is the so-and-so Respect Thread, and we are his/her starry-eyed fanboys. Deal with it."

When posts come off that way, it doesn't leave a good impression of the character for newcomers who are visiting these threads looking for well thought out, halfway educated opinions. In fact, it tends to create disrespect for the character and his/her fanbase when the scan (and its caption) completely disregards the context of what actually happened.

And I don't want that to happen here... especially because I really like Superman.

#1259 Edited by Omnicrono (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@omnicrono: Sorry,but you know how many timesI spent updating all respect threads that I have? How much time I spent to created them? Did you do something similar at least? I'm tired of people compalin with me,without knowing how hard I work to keep them

Take it easy, my friend. Nobody is complaining. I was simply making an observation and stating my opinion.

As I said before - I love what you do here, for the most part. But, if you cannot take a little constructive criticism, maybe you should take a break from these threads for a while.

Again, just my opinion. Take it or leave it. I mean you no disrespect.

#1260 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

lol butthurt?

#1261 Edited by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: Eh.....you are right,but this is superman thread,just dont break it

#1262 Posted by Superlad93 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

Batman/Superman 1

FYI - Supes was "able to grab the kryptonite" only because the future Batman drops the force field and lets his guard down thinking that this Supes was the Superman from his time (i.e. his friend). In other words, this was not really a feat worth showing here.

Also, why are we now posting "easily slaps or knocks out Batman" as some kind of incredible feat?

EDIT: Smells like spite to me.

Actually you're incorrect on this one. Batman of earth 2 was ABOUT to deactivate the radiation effect of the kryptonite (he even says this plan as day) this means it was still harming Superman, and a younger and weaker Superman at that!! Superman chucking it was how it stopped harming him.

Also may I add in the fact that the kryptonite was "calibrated to his current power level" (i.e. the much stronger earth 2 Superman). So not only does the weaker less resilient Superman of our earth survive exposure to a stronger concentration of kryptonite that was intended for a stronger version of himself but he also grabs hold of it while it is still active (Batman did not shut off the ill effects just yet) and chucks it and is able to regain a bit of his power to still remain at far above human levels of power.

So....it's valid and a good one at that.

#1263 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: @ultimatesmfan: @superlad93: More scans.

@omnicrono: Sorry for that mate!!

Justice League of America 7

Despite being sick is still able to keep up with the other heroes.

@powerwoman: More magic resistance feats

Justice League 22

Hit by Pandora's bullets Superman doesn't demonstrated any sign of pain,after simply take out the bullet inside your wound (Remember this bullets was able to hurt Phantom Stranger).

Young Romance: A New 52 Valentine's Day Special

Catch Eros bullets which are able to cross the Diana's bracelets.

#1264 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1377 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Awesome scans! Loved when Superman caught that bullet, essentially catching Cupid's arrow.

#1265 Edited by SanoHibiki (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually you're incorrect on this one. Batman of earth 2 was ABOUT to deactivate the radiation effect of the kryptonite (he even says this plan as day) this means it was still harming Superman, and a younger and weaker Superman at that!! Superman chucking it was how it stopped harming him.

Also may I add in the fact that the kryptonite was "calibrated to his current power level" (i.e. the much stronger earth 2 Superman). So not only does the weaker less resilient Superman of our earth survive exposure to a stronger concentration of kryptonite that was intended for a stronger version of himself but he also grabs hold of it while it is still active (Batman did not shut off the ill effects just yet) and chucks it and is able to regain a bit of his power to still remain at far above human levels of power.

This.

There just one letdown for me. While it’s a good feat of resistance or maybe will power, it’s also shoved to us that in New-52 Universe kryptonite from one dimension would hurt Kryptonians from all other dimensions ( unlike Pre-52 Universe, where Superman can be hurt only by Kryptonite of his home dimension).

@matchesmalone21:

Hit by Pandora's bullets Superman doesn't demonstrated any sign of pain,after simply take out the bullet inside your wound (Remember this bullets was able to hurt Phantom Stranger).

Inside his wound, I presume? I would add that this also looks like nice healing feat. Serioulsly, looks like new Supes have regeneration on par with Smallville's Clark!

And, as always, thank you very much for new scans!

#1266 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio
#1267 Edited by Omnicrono (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@superlad93 said:

Actually, no. I was not incorrect.

I said that Batman first dropped his force field bubble, which he did. Just look at the scans, man. It's right there. If he hadn't dropped the force field, it probably wouldn't have gone so well for Superman.

I said nothing concerning the "radiation effect."

You are correct, though. It was slightly impressive that he was able to at least resist the radiation effect, as it was set to Earth 2 Superman's higher power level. I agree with you there.

Hey, if it's "valid and good" for you, more power to you. It's not really for me.

#1268 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1377 posts) - - Show Bio

@sanohibiki: that was the first thing I noticed, the earth 2 kryptonite hurt him. I did not like that at all, either Greg Pak or the editors screwed up that one. Batman would've got the sh*t kicked out of him either way.

#1269 Posted by SanoHibiki (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan:

My thoughts exactly. I just hope that this is one-time screw-up and not the new official DC stand - that any kryptonite from any Earth equally efficient on all other Earths.

#1270 Posted by cameron83 (6710 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I thought that he WAS harmed by thr bullet, which caused his arm great pain and caused him to drop the box? Although, that IS impressive healing on his part. Nowhere near Hawkmans, though.

#1271 Edited by StudentOfJorEl (121 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if New 52 Superman's power is going to decrease one of these days. I love him but I like him really OP at times. Black Hole lasers and getting punched across the state of utah is some good durability but would the writer's nerf him up or incease his stats by alot, later on?

#1272 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: He didn't drop the Box Diana ask Pandora to grab it and leaves.

@studentofjorel: Black Hole lasers makes senses since attack his body inside out and Wraith is stated tobe more stronger than Supes.

#1273 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio
#1274 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio
#1275 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio
#1276 Posted by Superlad93 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@superlad93 said:

Actually, no. I was not incorrect.

I said that Batman first dropped his force field bubble, which he did. Just look at the scans, man. It's right there. If he hadn't dropped the force field, it probably wouldn't have gone so well for Superman.

I said nothing concerning the "radiation effect."

You are correct, though. It was slightly impressive that he was able to at least resist the radiation effect, as it was set to Earth 2 Superman's higher power level. I agree with you there.

Hey, if it's "valid and good" for you, more power to you. It's not really for me.

My mistake, you're right you did say force field and not radiation effect. But, then again isn't the radiation the thing that's harmful to him. Also isn't proximity a factor in how K effects Superman? So given all of that I would argue that him actually holding and chucking K that was calibrated for a stronger version of himself is still a very impressive feat on it's own. Also take into account that our Superman's body has had little to no exposure to K radiation (given the time he is from). His recovery afterwards was also nothing to sneeze at.

I feel like you're undercutting the feat by quite a bit given the context and Sueprman's current level of power. Just my opinion of course.

#1277 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio
#1278 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: I want to know who is that bearded guy on the right side...

#1279 Posted by Lvenger (18474 posts) - - Show Bio
#1280 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio
#1281 Edited by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio
#1282 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio
#1283 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

My mistake, you're right you did say force field and not radiation effect. But, then again isn't the radiation the thing that's harmful to him. Also isn't proximity a factor in how K effects Superman? So given all of that I would argue that him actually holding and chucking K that was calibrated for a stronger version of himself is still a very impressive feat on it's own. Also take into account that our Superman's body has had little to no exposure to K radiation (given the time he is from). His recovery afterwards was also nothing to sneeze at.

I feel like you're undercutting the feat by quite a bit given the context and Sueprman's current level of power. Just my opinion of course.

I am with you. Not only a younger Superman could resist to a certain uotput of radiations created to stop an older version of him, but in the end he has even managed to grab that Kryptonite and he has tossed it into space. Still this is nothing new for Supes, he has done stuff like that plenty of times in the previuos continuity.

awesome! i hope she will remove her bracelets in order to fight him!

#1284 Edited by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom: Yeah,just dont know this fight would be how much long..

#1285 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1975 posts) - - Show Bio
#1286 Posted by consolemaster001 (4983 posts) - - Show Bio
#1287 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio
#1288 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#1289 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio
#1290 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1975 posts) - - Show Bio
#1291 Edited by Z3RO180 (6335 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Sup dude it's been awhile since I posted on the Superman board. Cool scans and how have you liked Unchained and Batman/Superman so far ?

#1292 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio
#1293 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Unchained is amazing I love both, I can't wait till Greg Pak takes over Action that's going to be awesome Action will finally be good again since it's been pretty poor since Morrison left :(........

#1294 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Scott Lobdell is ruin it. Lobdell have great plost but doesn't know how to write properly,let's see what Greg Pak will do. :)

#1295 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Well the Diggle/Daniel arc wasn't that great either....Can't wait to read Pak's Zod and Doomsday issues to prepare me for his Action run. I was a little disappointed that Unchained didn't have a villains month issue.

#1296 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: WHy Unchained would need a villains moth issue? There is only new villains thereThe Ascencion and Wraith.

#1297 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Exactly maybe explain more about them (Wraith or Ascension) or even they could have gave Unchained the Lex Luthor issue and put another villain for Action.

#1298 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Superman doesn't have plenty of villains so far and DC doesn't want to introduce other villains after Forever Evil,there is much time for that.

#1299 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: @superlad93: @lvenger@toptom: @batmannflash: @z3ro180: @theincrediblesuperhulk8642: More scans

Superman 23

Resisting to Queen mind control's plasma,which took control of more than half the population of the city and also blast her.

Studying a way to detect the Queen.

Withstood Queen's psionic blast (She's empowered by thoughts of metropolis citizens). Although Hector Hammond and Queen get control over his mind,Superman is able to fight back and get free from their mind control.

Batman/Superman 3

Taer Batplane cabin and thunderclap Batman's kryptonite powder.

Justice League 23

Punching Darkseid.

Throw a pillar at Simon Baz.

An enraged Superman strike the ground destroying part of the temple. Takes a blow from Wonder Woman that knocked him out,also discover that has a microscopic kryptonite piece stored in his brain,implanted days ago.

#1300 Edited by Lvenger (18474 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Thanks for this, I appreciate the Trinity War spoilers! So it was an implanted microscopic sliver of kryptonite that was the cause of Superman killing Doctor Light and his illness. Not sure how I feel about that.