#1 Edited by Jeremy1989 (763 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just gonna come out and say it.

I. Don't. Like. The. New. 52. Superman.

Hell, I can go further and say that I hate the New 52 Superman.

He's not the Superman I grew up with, and they Batmanized him right down to his very origin.

But that's the immature side talking, but who knows, I might be wrong and I'm just taking this way out of proportion, and there might be more to the character than I've recently expect.

So here's my question, Pre 52 Superman has done some random acts of kindness threw out most of his story arcs, Has the New 52 Superman ever done some random acts of kindness from his story arcs?

#2 Edited by Squalleon (4853 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole Grant Morrison run is just a big act of kindness!

• He is a social crusader, taking down the mob
  • And helping citizens rebuild their houses
  • Giving up his one chance to save his adopted parents to save some random strangers
  • "Dying" to save the earth

#3 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole Grant Morrison run is just a big act of kindness!

• He is a social crusader, taking down the mob
  • And helping citizens rebuild their houses
  • Giving up his one chance to save his adopted parents to save some random strangers
  • "Dying" to save the earth

QFT. I'm really glad that we had Morrison's AC run to show Superman acting as an everyman crusader even if he was a bit rough around the edges. Snyder's Superman is also quite kind to the astronauts he saves in the first Unchained issue but there needs to be more scenes like that.

#4 Posted by TDK_1997 (15060 posts) - - Show Bio

The New 52 Superman was only like his previous self under Morrison's Action Comics.He was that kind guy that we used to know and love before the reboot happened but that now is gone and we do not have Morrison working on AC anymore.

#5 Posted by RustyRoy (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

QFT. I'm really glad that we had Morrison's AC run to show Superman acting as an everyman crusader even if he was a bit rough around the edges. Snyder's Superman is also quite kind to the astronauts he saves in the first Unchained issue but there needs to be more scenes like that.

Is Morrison's AC run good, I've only heard bad things about it but I'd like to read it if its good.

#6 Posted by SanoHibiki (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy:

Is Morrison's AC run good, I've only heard bad things about it but I'd like to read it if its good.

Strange, I mostly hear that Lobdell’s run is awful, while Morrison’s AC is generally praised. Through I read some critics negative reviews on Morrison's run, their dislike, as I understand, mostly generated from overall dislike of New-52.

At any case, M's run is arguably best reading material that New-52 can offer you about Superman.

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22963 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: its very good. Its 18 issues plus an annual. There is 3 different arcs but the all connect Morrison style at the end. Its amazing IMO.

#8 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@lvenger said:

Most of the criticisms levelled against Morrison's run haven't been too strong in all honesty. For the most part, I really like it and it's still one of the best runs not only in Superman but in the New 52.

#9 Edited by RustyRoy (13840 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24690 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeremy1989: Superman is a constantly evolving character despite what many like to say. They didn't really Batmanize him so much as they kind of returned his GA attitude only he's still toned down from that a bit because back then he didn't give a s**t about letting a bad guy die or straight up killing them.

#11 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2090 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: It's a good run and probably the best run on a Superman title in years only recently have we gotten a good successor to that run with Snyder and Lee on Unchained. I would also highly recommend that if you're not reading it. The only other good Superman books in the New 52 are Superman Unchained, Batman/Superman, Superman/Wonder Woman (1 issue in but it's very good) and soon to be Action Comics with issue 25 since that's the issue when Greg Pak jumps on.

#12 Edited by joshmightbe (24690 posts) - - Show Bio

People always forget what Superman was like before the Silver age rolled around, back then he'd toss a mobster out a tenth story window and crack a joke about it while the dude ate pavement, he ran from cops because he was an actual vigilante who acted not only outside the law but in an actual seriously illegal manner.

#13 Posted by syoungkeezy (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeremy1989: first off that's retarded if you had even bothered to look up the characters history, you would know that wne superman was first created he would kill his villains or beat them near death, i personally like this version him its as close to the original thing we're gonna get for now

#14 Edited by Z3RO180 (6706 posts) - - Show Bio

You hate the new 52 supes big who cares

#15 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12582 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Nox_Arc (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really a fair comparison. New 52 is still in its diapers essentially and writers are still just finding ground, not to mention a solid foundation with creative teams.