MY biggest fear for JLA movie is using Superman Villains

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DRUDOX19

I really hope DC is original and go with instead Despero or another JLA villains besides Superman villains or Green Lantern Villians. I want DC to stay clear from that but from what I am hearing with the JLA film they want Brainiac has the main villain? Huh really? Why can't we let Superman have his villains for himself? I wanted Brainiac for MOS 2 down the line not JLA. JLA film that is the biggest issue, I don't want the majority of the villains they fight to be enemies of Superman and GL.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Starro voice by Donald Sutherland

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to see them against the White and Red Martians.

Earth vs Mars. Now that would be cool.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will most likely be Darkseid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wanted to see them against the White and Red Martians.

Earth vs Mars. Now that would be cool.

Agree.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't most of JLA villians just villians from different character's rogue gallaries?

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By darkdetective27

I agree that Justice League shouldnt be using Brainiac as he's a major Superman villain, but maybe the reason they are using him is because they dont intend to make a MoS 2. If this is the case Id rather see him fight the Justice League than not see him at all.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac is one character I'm not eager to see come to life in the big screen, getting tired of scheming male super-geniuses. Don't we have enough of those already? Where the female supervillains at? they thought about making Supreme Leader Snoke a woman but then they decided to make Lord Voldemort before he lost his nose

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. While it is true that most of Superman's most serious enemies are those of the Justice League's as well, they ultimately take away some interesting story development for Superman and his supporting cast. Zod was actually a JL-level threat in comics, but in MOS, only Superman engaged him. I hope they don't use Darkseid or Brainiac. Save those for Supes' solo outings even if the DCEU is mostly centered around him.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By biggest fear is if Darkseid isn't used well. He's a more cerebral villain than he gets credit for, and I can only seeing them use him in a Doomsday type role.

I want Starro or the White Martians for the JLA film.The former is 100% unlikely, though.

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By suemorphplus209

I would like legion of Doom, but it would actually take some serious effort to establish the villains in that group. Otherwise, given that they do not have plans for many Superman solo movies, if at all, I would be fine with Brainiac. And use Conduit as a solo Superman villain, with Metallo and/or Parasite as Conduit's henchmen. They already showed Kenny Braverman in Man of Steel, so it wouldn't be too hard to turn him into Conduit for a solo film. Plus Metallo or Parasite wouldn't need as much explanation, since they would be Conduit's henchmen.

Conduit is also a cool enemy since he knew that Clark Kent was Supermam and WB could play it out without the disappointment of Bane in Dark Knight Rises.

PoetVivec36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's your biggest fear? Not that it's probably rushed and will have bad acting and cinematography

DarthTanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They already teased Darkseid when they showed Parademons in the trailer for BvS, so I think it'll probably be him. Using Darkseid can be a good thing if they make him the recurring villain of most of the Justice League movies since most of the others are indeed just taken from the different member's Rogue gallery.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

For the first JLA movie. I'd go with Queen Bee, Vandal Savage, Maxwell Lord, Starro or Legion of Doom.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

That's your biggest fear? Not that it's probably rushed and will have bad acting and cinematography

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My fear is that it'll get canned because of superhero fatigue.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I heard they were going to make "The New Frontier" into the first JL movie.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the comments guys, yeah my main problem is that I feel it would be cool for the villain to be Eclipso which would be amazing I mean a villain that isn't an alien but a supernatural threat. DCCU is embracing Magic and the supernatural with Enchantress and WW so why not. Superman is getting a sequel again the reason why it's on hold isn't because MOS did poorly it did fine and it was a reboot. WB should know reboots don't make billions of dollars like that right off the bat unless the film hasn't been touch for 10 years. I still think George Miller will do it but WB is working out the deal I don't think they want Zack to direct the sequel I think WB is under the table discussing this with Miller.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger said:
@poetvivec36 said:

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@drudox19: usually parts are directed at the same time. So he's directing part one and two

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

@ssejllenrad: It will already be in production in March of next year meaning superhero fatigue wont really factor too much into it.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac is one character I'm not eager to see come to life in the big screen, getting tired of scheming male super-geniuses. Don't we have enough of those already? Where the female supervillains at? they thought about making Supreme Leader Snoke a woman but then they decided to make Lord Voldemort before he lost his nose

If Brainiac were a chick, would that really be that big a difference? Like, really?

I agree. While it is true that most of Superman's most serious enemies are those of the Justice League's as well, they ultimately take away some interesting story development for Superman and his supporting cast. Zod was actually a JL-level threat in comics, but in MOS, only Superman engaged him. I hope they don't use Darkseid or Brainiac. Save those for Supes' solo outings even if the DCEU is mostly centered around him.

More recently though, Zod was handled by Superman and Wonder Woman along with Faora. And Darkseid has since grown to be a force capable of going hand-to-hand with the Anti-Monitor. No way should Superman be able to take him down all by himself. The New Gods are not to be trifled with Post-Flashpoint.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv:

If Brainiac were a chick, would that really be that big a difference? Like, really?

It's Brunnhilde. 90% of her comments are not to be taken seriously.

More recently though, Zod was handled by Superman and Wonder Woman along with Faora. And Darkseid has since grown to be a force capable of going hand-to-hand with the Anti-Monitor. No way should Superman be able to take him down all by himself. The New Gods are not to be trifled with Post-Flashpoint.

People really, really need to rid themselves of the impression that Darkseid is a Superman villain. He isn't. He's like Deathstroke - he gets around.

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: Maybe so. But Superman has had more encounters with Darkseid than any other superhero and has had the most adversarial relationship with him compared to even the New Gods. After all, Darkseid did try to hurt Superman by way of nearly killing Kara and often fought with him in an attempt to remove the Man of Steel from the progression of his plans.

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid is fine as a JL villain. Still plenty of villains available for a solo Superman even if they use him. Conduit is one example.

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kryptonian24

@suemorphplus209: That'd be great! Kenny Braverman appeared in MOS, so there's hope for that down the line!

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully it won't be Darkseid if we are already getting Doomsday in DoJ, otherwise it's just gonna be brawls and massive destruction scenes for both films to reel in the dough.

I think having Martian Manhunter as a possible frenemy would be a cool way of introducing the character, but otherwise I'm just gonna hope it isn't Lex Luthor again.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no problem with Brainiac being the first villain for the Justice League. Tho personally I'm hoping they go classic and have STARRO be the first villain, but I get the feeling they are lining things up ala New52 with Darkseid opening things up from what I've been hearing.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Archizooom

@scouterv: obviously yes, all the super geniuses are male, does it really strike you as strange that I'd like a female one for a change. lol?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv:

It's Brunnhilde. 90% of her comments are not to be taken seriously.

People really, really need to rid themselves of the impression that Darkseid is a Superman villain. He isn't. He's like Deathstroke - he gets around.

I have to disagree, partially. I think, pre-Flashpoint, it was fair to say that if he was anyone's villain, he would fall more in line with Superman than any other character. He's just clearly in another League now, if he can throw hands with the Anti-Monitor. Darkseid doesn't so much get around as he's just way too big a threat for any one hero to try stepping to. When he's about to arrive, everyone knows it. So everyone shows up. Not to say that Superman wouldn't throw blows solo, but that's probably not the best idea.

I mean, some people like to think that Deathstroke is Dick Grayson's arch-enemy, which may have been the case at one point or another, but no longer. Same goes for those who claim he's a Batman enemy. Now on that front, you're right. Deathstroke has run afoul of plenty a superhero. Hawkman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Superman, etc. I don't even think he's faced the Teen Titans or Grayson since Flashpoint started.

@cairov said:

Hopefully it won't be Darkseid if we are already getting Doomsday in DoJ, otherwise it's just gonna be brawls and massive destruction scenes for both films to reel in the dough.

I think having Martian Manhunter as a possible frenemy would be a cool way of introducing the character, but otherwise I'm just gonna hope it isn't Lex Luthor again.

Pretty much any superhero movie should and probably will have a massive brawl, so regardless of if it's Doomsday, Darkseid, Starro, or Brainiac, you're going to get a brawl.

@scouterv: obviously yes, all the super geniuses are male, does it really strike you as strange that I'd like a female one for a change. lol?

No. It's just I can't imagine the gender of Brainiac being that different from the other. If he were a woman, he'd sound pretty much the same (vocab-wise) act the same, and despite the obvious feminine build, look the same. In fact, Brainiac's probably Gender Neutral considering he could probably just take over a female or male body. Probably wouldn't make a difference to him.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drudox19 said:

I really hope DC is original and go with instead Despero or another JLA villains besides Superman villains or Green Lantern Villians. I want DC to stay clear from that but from what I am hearing with the JLA film they want Brainiac has the main villain? Huh really? Why can't we let Superman have his villains for himself? I wanted Brainiac for MOS 2 down the line not JLA. JLA film that is the biggest issue, I don't want the majority of the villains they fight to be enemies of Superman and GL.

they probably will go with villains people will recognize. it's still a movie and they still have to sell tickets.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Archizooom

@scouterv: I didn't say anything about gender-bending Brainiac, I just really don't care for Brainiac

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: Well, you made it seem like you just wanted a female regardless of everything else, and so bending Brainiac isn't difficult. So you'd rather see...just throwing it out there...Hive Queen maybe?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@brunnhilde: Well, you made it seem like you just wanted a female regardless of everything else, and so bending Brainiac isn't difficult. So you'd rather see...just throwing it out there...Hive Queen maybe?

I think you'll agree that there aren't any large-scale or well-known female villains, and that'll remain the case if they continue to bar them from mainstream media like television and the big screen, in favor of MORE scheming male supervillains. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Superman villain though, does it...

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But it was all good when avengers used a Thor villain........

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

I think you'll agree that there aren't any large-scale or well-known female villains, and that'll remain the case if they continue to bar them from mainstream media like television and the big screen, in favor of MORE scheming male supervillains. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Superman villain though, does it...

Well, if it's a Justice League movie, you have a point. Maybe Circe then?

But it was all good when avengers used a Thor villain........

Well, he did have the best villain of any MCU movie.

Who were they gonna use?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I wouldn't mind if they went with Brainiac for the JL movie due to the nature of the threat he poses. Like if he gets access to the internet, thats it for Superman because he can't just punch him into submission, it's become a case where Batman and Cyborg are more suited for the task.

But on the other hand I have to agree I am also hoping they will be more inventive when they pick the villain for the JL movie, since it would mean I can go 'oh? well thats interesting' and not do what I did when I learned Zod was the villain of MoS 'oh him again, how predictable'.

In a way I am hoping the presence of Wonder Woman in BvS is a foreshadowing of a more magical enemy thats on the rise.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd like to see Xa-Du/Phantom King and Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman in upcoming Superman flicks. They're both easy to bring to the big screen and personal villains,they do not require much changes in backstory. Brainiac I'm just finding harder and harder to care about with each passing day and they'll be retreading MOS territory with him as well.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Circe working in cahoots with Cheetah and Veronica Cale could make an interesting trio, fanboys wouldn't be very happy though would they, lets gender-bend Darkseid and see what happens…

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ScouterV

@scouterv: he's not saying it's a bad thing though, he's asking why can Avengers use a Thor villian but JL can't use a Superman villain.

Well, most of the other villains were non-existent. Iron Monger and Whiplash were dead. Red Skull? Pretty sure he's either dead or MIA. Abomination...eh. Not a terrible choice, but I mean, what more can he bring to the table, aside from some muscle?

Thor and Superman both have Villains that can be a threat to the universe at large. I don't think there's anything wrong with using Superman-centric villains. It's a testament to the greatness and power of the rogues gallery. Plus, again, Loki is the best villain in the MCU so, there's also that.

I even believe that's how the team was formed in the comics. Via Loki.

@scouterv: Circe working in cahoots with Cheetah and Veronica Cale could make an interesting trio, fanboys wouldn't be very happy though would they, lets gender-bend Darkseid and see what happens…

Well Cheetah and Circe would probably be enough in all honesty. Plus, I have no idea who Veronica Cale is as a character, save for her original intent as a creation. And I feel like just having Lex Luthor as a big, technological and mainstream (in the eyes of the people of the DCEU) threat is really his thing. At least if you were just talking about Justice League films. If we're talking Wonder Woman's solo, I think she'd make an interesting counter to the magic-oriented Wonder Woman and the three, creating some sort of team to face Wonder Woman throughout her films could be interesting. Maybe have Cheetah in the first film, Circe in the second, and Veronica bring them together in the third?

That aside, it's not really genderbending since even recently, Brainiac took over a female body. (Granted, it was still, technically Lois Lane, but hey, there was also Indigo.) But for Darkseid...well, no. But there is...Grail. But that's for later, I feel.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I liked Loki as the villain in avengers 1. My comment was just in response to the title. It's a little interesting how it was all good to have Loki in avengers 1 but the OP's biggest fear is having a superman villain in the first league movie.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid is fine as a JL villain. Still plenty of villains available for a solo Superman even if they use him. Conduit is one example.

+1 to that.

Tanantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its hardly like DC are gonna run out of Supervillains to use. Its debateable who has the better superheroes, but for villains, Marvel have like 9 good supervillains, and the MCU is legally barred from using 4 of them. Meanwhile, DC is brimming with great villains, and ways to bring across villains thye couldn't get away with on screen ( Lex Luthor + Worlogog = a way to give us a functional replica of Mxyzptlk)

And to whoever said the Legion of Doom, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Just characterize the Brain as a psychotic genius who is leading this diverse group of villains, who follow him for power. Give the audience a good demonstration of all the abilities they all bring and its fine.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By OrangeBat
@tanantine said:

Its hardly like DC are gonna run out of Supervillains to use. Its debateable who has the better superheroes, but for villains, Marvel have like 9 good supervillains, and the MCU is legally barred from using 4 of them. Meanwhile, DC is brimming with great villains, and ways to bring across villains thye couldn't get away with on screen ( Lex Luthor + Worlogog = a way to give us a functional replica of Mxyzptlk)

And to whoever said the Legion of Doom, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Just characterize the Brain as a psychotic genius who is leading this diverse group of villains, who follow him for power. Give the audience a good demonstration of all the abilities they all bring and its fine.

Huh? Who?

@brunnhilde said:

In your persecuted imagination, perhaps. Also, Cheetah? You keep hankering for female villains and you pick the suckiest Wonder Woman villain of the lot? You could've at least gone with Dr. Cyber or something...

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: I feel as though fans would much rather see Brainiac, the Crime Syndicate but most of all Darkseid come to life and would therefore be disappointed if Circe's what they got, is all. As for Cheetah, she's only as good as they write her, isn't she, she's as good as any. If written properly, Cheetah should be a keen, cunning, intelligent treasure-hunter and a formidable foe - as quick as the Flash, strong enough to trade blows with Wonder Woman and armed with claws that can cut through Superman's flesh.

Tanantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: Galactus, Dr. Doom, Magneto and Dark Phoenix.