#1 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1351 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Mr_Winchester (700 posts) - - Show Bio

There is alot of hype surrounding this movie. And the thing is, I don't think it's because of cool special effects or even really awesome fight scenes. I think it's because people will know this movie is gonna be really emotional and strangely reach out and connect with them, what with the ultimate good guy being Superman. I myself am not particularly a fan of certain ideals that superman retains but one thing he does show is that everyone on earth has the capacity to be good.

#3 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: that's true but from what we've seen, it seems in this movie we're going to see his "human" side plus he's gonna be kicking a$$!!

#5 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: He's better than human, plus I wanna see Pa and Ma ken's words of wisdom

#6 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

I myself am not particularly a fan of certain ideals that superman retains...

Can you even name some of those ideals?

#7 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@ultimatesmfan: He's better than human, plus I wanna see Pa and Ma ken's words of wisdom

Isn't he also was humans have the potential to be?

#8 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: thats is in on of the continuities, i think red son was it?

#9 Edited by Mr_Winchester (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@mr_winchester said:

To be honest it's just the one...the oh so obvious one of no killing. Not a fan of it.

#10 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@mr_winchester said:

To be honest it's just the one...the oh so obvious one of no killing. Not a fan of it.

So, you're not a fan of Batman's, Spider-Man's, and the majority of heroes in both Marvel AND DC's Universes then I take it?

XD

#11 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@mr_winchester said:

I think as comic fans we'll just have to get over that for most superheros.

#12 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_winchester said:

@perezite said:

@mr_winchester said:

I know. I'm surprised this guy hasn't yet despite this idea is one of the reason they're SUPER HEROES for crying out loud.

#13 Posted by Mr_Winchester (700 posts) - - Show Bio
@perezite said:

@knightrise said:

@mr_winchester said:

@perezite said:

@mr_winchester said:

I know. I'm surprised this guy hasn't yet despite this idea is one of the reason they're SUPER HEROES for crying out loud.

Well the thing is I accept that it is part of who Superman is, but that doesn't mean it resonates well with me well. As comic book fans I think we should each have our own interpretations of such things and formulate our own opinions based of these interpretations.

@perezite said:

@mr_winchester said:

@perezite said:

@mr_winchester said:

So, you're not a fan of Batman's, Spider-Man's, and the majority of heroes in both Marvel AND DC's Universes then I take it?

XD

???? I said not a fan of the ideal -_- That doesn't mean I don't like the character, Just that one aspect . I'm sure you (or anyone else for that matter) like certain characters but still have certain things you don't like (be it costume or attitude). It's not Just with Superman though, I just don't like the idea of not killing murderous super villains in general, but that doesn't mean I dislike the character. It's an opinion, everyone has one regardless of if you think i'm right or wrong.

#14 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_winchester: I can't think of a good reason for major superheros who've had the no-kill code to start.

#15 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: Here's one, instead of killing they should use their powers to undo the damage (trivialize death), rehabilitate the bad guys to be heroes and prevent crimes (precog so real-world disasters never happen)

#16 Posted by Mr_Winchester (700 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_winchester: They should change the world, superman represents that Ideal

giving their talents to make the world a better place

#18 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

so much BS in less than 3 minutes. thanks paid actors to endorse the movie. thanks.

#20 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1351 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I have faith in Zack Snyder and Chris Nolan pulling this film off but I refuse to watch any videos pertaining to the film.