MoS SPOILER TALK! DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET!

• 65 results
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vaeternus

@ultimatesmfan said:

He was in an impossible situation and even if he let zod live zod wld have proceded to kill him and everyone else on the planet, plus when darkseid posed a similar threat(final crisis) Batman shot him. So i think it was justified and strongly showed the MAN aspect of superman as it really humanised him.

Exactly, I don't think it was out of character because at the end of the day Superman will do what it takes to protect the innocent, period. Even if it means killing, he just prefers not too...

Plus Zod even told him "only one of us is walking away from this" and we saw Zod say, "I will build New Krypton on top of your son's bones" when talking to the Jor-El program...so clearly it was Superman or Zod, wish the boyscout fanboys would give it a rest already...some people need to be more openminded and realize even the most good people would have done the same in that pressure situation.

You don't think Clark would kill someone if it meant Lois's life? Or Spider-Man killing someone if it meant Aunt May's life or Mary-Jane? Nonsense, we all know they would in a heartbeat...no matter how reluctant they may be if it's that choice, we all know which ones they're choosing. Now, Batman on the other hand I'm not so sure would pull the trigger...which I find in a way more odd considering his past is darker.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Ironshinobi88

I felt like the Action was top notch and finally there was no lame PIS ( Superman Returns I'm looking at you) that Superman had to deal with. However, the end where Lois found him in that same museum where he kills Zod, just made me go wtf? how the hell did they find each other.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@lilben42: i think audiences have to accept that movies don't work exactly like the comics. they tend to divulge a lot from the source material and many times people are cool with it. most of the heroes don,t kill in the comic books but... Batman doesn't kill i the comics but remember how he left Ra's to die at the end of Batman Begins also he killed Harvey Dent in TDKR by throwing him off a building... admittedly he was trying to save the kid but so was Superman in MOS. No one had a problem when Batman did something out of character. Also when Tony Stark was infiltrating Mandarin's hideout he blasts away henchmen. But after knocking one henchmen into a fountain, he walks away… And then comes back, just to put a bomb next to the guy’s face. This is a hired thug who’s already been taken out, he is not some big bad who might return and wreak havok like Zod and Iron Man kills the guy just to look cool. I think this is worse characterization than what Superman did. Although not a saint by any measure Tony would never do that. also there are instances i mentioned about Captain America( he is as muh a boy scout for Marvel as Supes is for DC) shooting and throwing people off the hellcarrier. Also i concur that none of them are examples of good characterization but what i don't agree with is, why single out Superman ??? no one had a problem with the other examples i mentioned...

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By lilben42

@cloudzackvincent: The batman example is a good one but marvel heroes don't have a very strong moral code against killing like DC. The Tony Stark one was weird now that I think about it though. Captain America is a soldier he will kill if necessary more than Superman.

marvelftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: i think audiences have to accept that movies don't work exactly like the comics. they tend to divulge a lot from the source material and many times people are cool with it. most of the heroes don,t kill in the comic books but... Batman doesn't kill i the comics but remember how he left Ra's to die at the end of Batman Begins also he killed Harvey Dent in TDKR by throwing him off a building... admittedly he was trying to save the kid but so was Superman in MOS. No one had a problem when Batman did something out of character. Also when Tony Stark was infiltrating Mandarin's hideout he blasts away henchmen. But after knocking one henchmen into a fountain, he walks away… And then comes back, just to put a bomb next to the guy’s face. This is a hired thug who’s already been taken out, he is not some big bad who might return and wreak havok like Zod and Iron Man kills the guy just to look cool. I think this is worse characterization than what Superman did. Although not a saint by any measure Tony would never do that. also there are instances i mentioned about Captain America( he is as muh a boy scout for Marvel as Supes is for DC) shooting and throwing people off the hellcarrier. Also i concur that none of them are examples of good characterization but what i don't agree with is, why single out Superman ??? no one had a problem with the other examples i mentioned...

Well I think Batman (at least movie Batman) doesn't count it as him killing unless he's DIRECTLY responsible. Like, I guess technically he didn't kill Ra's, he just chose not to save him and the train crash killed him. And the Harvey Dent situation actually reminds me of this one, cuz Batman didn't intend to kill Harvey, but it was Harvey or the boy and Batman could only save one (then again, did he really have to tackle Harvey off the building? lol). Cap's a soldier when it comes down to it, so he'll kill if it's necessary. And Marvel's main man at the moment seems to be Iron Man (to my disdain), so they go out of their way to make him look badass and funny (sometimes at the expense of the character), because those movies make them a ton of cash.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He killed Zod in Superman 2...With a grin on his face!

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

He killed Zod in Superman 2...With a grin on his face!

Actually, Lester MADE IT look like that (and even then, it's sort of ambiguous as to whether or not they're dead). In the original cut (IE, the Richard Donner cut), they're actually alive and taken in by a bunch of cops.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: I think I saw that...It was only Lex Luthor.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@perezite: I think I saw that...It was only Lex Luthor.

It's still ambiguous.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: You can take it like that, for me he died.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

For me, you ain't too bright.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

@sandman_ said:

For me, you ain't too bright.

I guess you can't accept other peoples opinions. Good Bye.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Eternal19

Superman killing Zod only makes Supes more of a hero in my opinion. Heroes always have to make hard choices and Superman did.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@marvelftw: @lilben42: fair points, anyway seems like we r in agreement for or less..so it has been nice talking to u guys.