MOS: Aquaman Question

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know a lot of people think Aquaman sent those whales to check on Clark after the oil rig incident, which I find plausible. I also think the town he goes to might be Amnesty Bay. What do you think?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I don't know why people thought Clark needed help. He probably just passed out, Superman doesn't really need oxygen so it's not like he would die. Granted we don't know the extent of his abilities at the time of the Oil Rig.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Superguy1591

Aquaman had nothing to do with Clark. The whales didn't save him, he most likely just heard their sonar or cry.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Squalleon

I really don't think they have thought this much into this scene. Plus bringing Aquaman into the game from the Oil Rig scene would create such plot holes.

But I guess it is very logical for people to over-examine this scene looking for easter eggs since Aquaman will be in the JL.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Gjgp27

Apparently the Oil company was a company from Aquaman comics

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: no one saved him. He woke up.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rogueshadow  Moderator

No, I don't think so.

I don't know why people thought Clark needed help. He probably just passed out, Superman doesn't really need oxygen so it's not like he would die. Granted we don't know the extent of his abilities at the time of the Oil Rig.

I'm not sure about that, Clark's seemingly by the vaccuum of space, yet earlier, Martha says it was hard for him to breathe on Earth as a baby, it's a bit inconsistent. It's possible that what happened was at first he needed air, but that gradual exposure to Earth and the Sun made him no longer need it.

I always thought he was just sort of chilling by the Oil Rig to be honest, I never even thought he'd passed out. Just reminiscing about his life.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

No, I don't think so.

@saint_wildcard said:

I'm not sure about that, Clark's seemingly by the vaccuum of space, yet earlier, Martha says it was hard for him to breathe on Earth as a baby, it's a bit inconsistent. It's possible that what happened was at first he needed air, but that gradual exposure to Earth and the Sun made him no longer need it.

That's what I meant to say ._. That's how it is in the comics usually, it gets to the point where the only reason he felt he needed to keep eating and breating was because he grew accustomed to it.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Superguy1591

@gjgp27: calm down, I said no one saved him so it doesn't matter what the oil company was. Aquaman wasn't there.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: I'm just thinking along the lines of Aquaman got word from the sea life about this strange being in the water and he sent the whales to check it out.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I think the plotholes could be overlooked since it could be at a time when Aquaman has rejected the surface world due to their treatment of him and is more focused on Atlantis.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman did not save Clark, I think it would good if in BvS that they said he did cause the oil rig fire as a way to tie him in to universe but not him saving Clark.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only to investigate… Some people think that it was Aquaman who sabotaged the rig. And no, I don’t think that Arthur saved Clark or, more precisely, Clark needed rescue. From the movie’s narrative it will be more logical if Clark was just listening to underwater sounds while remembering that moment from his childhood. Besides, even though this isn’t completely legitimate source, in MOS novelization he was conscious and perfectly ok after rig crushed on him.