More sci-fi adventures for Superman?

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you guys think Superman needs more epic adventures in other planets and other dimensions?

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By FuzzyLittleRodent

It doesn't matter. No matter what you do with him, you will never satisfy a Superman fan.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingZeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KingZeal

I've been saying that Supes's stories should be more sci-fi for years, frankly. I love the fact that Superman is willing to do "lower" scale heroism (getting cats out of trees, helping old ladies cross the street, catching bank robbers) and such, but those should be brief character moments to round him out.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By FuzzyLittleRodent

@moul: how often are you around the superman forums?

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah; i'd like for him to leave Earth for while in one of his ongoings. Superman should be for everybody, not just humans.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Exactly, I think he should be more explorer and less superhero

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heck Yeah. I'd read more stories of him, if this happened.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've been calling for a Superman GL story for a while now, but DC doesn't want it.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: I think Superman works better when he's alone. He's the most powerful hero ever and deserves an epic saga

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter. No matter what you do with him, you will never satisfy a Superman fan.

Yes usually people are never satisfied with anything these days,now with internet everyone can share his opinion and most of the times this is a negative one. However while what you say it is true for us Superman fans ( i have to admit it) it is also true for every thing else and every other superhero.

Yeah; i'd like for him to leave Earth for while in one of his ongoings. Superman should be for everybody, not just humans.

Yes Superman is for everybody...and it would bee extremely cool seeing him in a cosmic story every once in a decade. I mean when was the last time he had other advetures in other planets or in space?

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul:

Absolutely.

We'll never see Superman in his best if there's the constant shadow of his teammates of the JL always forcing him to hold back, and not show he could take them all out, if he so much wanted it.

No. Writers have to create that constant shadow over him. So that's why he needs to do more solo missions, offworld, and team up with other powerhouses or fight against them.

Has a Superman fan I need to see him do more stuff on his own. Exploring his limits, and who knows, blow up a planet or two.

We've already seen Superman Grounded, and Unchained. Now we need to see him, Unbound, Superior, Unlimited.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: I think Superman is overpowered on Earth, maybe in other planets he can fight more powerful villains.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most, if not all, his villains are Sci-Fi. Unstable Clones, Alien Conquerors, Mad Scientists, Cosmic Gods, Inter-dimentional beings, Evil Cyborgs, and an Alien Evil Cosmic Scientist Cyborg God (Apperently). His entire history HAS been mostly sci-fi aventures.

We need more cosmic fantasy adventures.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, but we need more variance in general with Supes' stories. Most of his stories boil down to "big bad guy shows up then Superman has a big fight". There is so much you can do with the character. You can do political stories. You can use his status as a journalist to find intrigue outside of superheroics. You could have him re-evaluate his place in the world. You could have his villians challenge him on more than on a physical level.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip:

Yeah. Despite what people say, Superman has had plenty of physical challenges and not enough ideal and emotional ones.

Last time I've seen this was in Superman: Unchained, and that story didn't do Superman justice. Which is sad considering that the Nu52 has so little Superman arcs that do him justice in general.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Similar topics resurface often enough, so that’s should mean that some demand for such stories really exist. Too bad that DC pretty much never use it. Even not so long ago there was a perfect opportunity to write a cosmic adventure or two for Superman – when he was lost in space for three months after conclusion of Doomed and escaping from god-machine Brainiac in Convergence #0.

As for me, yes, I would like to read such stories very much so.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: I don't like Superman, but I'd like to see a space adventure with him

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to. Maybe Superman could actually get a challenge for once.

Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see that and it's long overdue. Superman needs to be written alone where he can receive an amazing challenge while still functioning at his physical AND intellectual best without being nerfed to make somebody else relevant. The intellect and technological competence of Earth One meets the heart of classical Supes in a very foreign galactic setting.