Metallo Was Going To Be The Next Man Of Steel Villain

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

While speaking to Entertainment Weekly, director Zack Snyder reveals that before the follow up to Man Of Steel became a Batman/Superman flick, John Corben was going to feature. "I remember talking about 'What's the next villain?'" Snyder told the mag. "'We can't do another alien invasion.' Brianiac was definitely down the road. Metallo, I think, was going to be the main bad guy of this movie." At least we now know Metallo is on Snyder and WB's radar, so there's a good chance he will be utilized in a future movie.

That character would have worked very well if Snyder was setting out to make a direct sequel to Man Of Steel, but of course when the Caped Crusader was added, most people stopped looking at the eventually titled Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice that way - and as it turns out, one of the film's stars is on the same page. "As far as the individual character is concerned, this is not a Superman sequel," explained Henry Cavill. "It's more of an introduction to Batman, an opening to Justice League, and an expansion of the world that was created in Man of Steel."

For more be sure to pick up the latest issue of EW, on sale now.

Source: EW

'Metallo' Would Have Been The Main Villain Of A MAN OF STEEL Sequel

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kfabz-23

Further proof that this film isn't MOS 2. I'm pretty sure it's Doomsday, and it's nice to see that we will be getting Brainiac eventually.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: Well Snyder has said in the past he didn't want Batman in the movie

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Squalleon

Ι wonder how they would fill the movie with a character like Metallo.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

Good news, I'd say. Very good news.

If Metallo was Superman next villain, I'd be seriously worried about MoS 2.

Metallo can work has a thug for a main villain, but never be the main villain.

And if they don't want another alien invasion, there's tons of options. I honestly don't see the problem here. It isn't like there's a lack of options.

To me Metallo can appear has a sidekick for Luthor or something. But not right now. Maybe movie three or four...

Black Adam, Eclipso, Livewire, Blackstone, Blaze, and much more are to me, much better options for the second movie.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: Well I would presume the second movie would have been about Superman and the distrust of military since that was set up

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: Well I would presume the second movie would have been about Superman and the distrust of military since that was set up

Yes. But Metallo?? Nah...

For that matter they might has well pull something like what happened in Flashpoint. The military had also found an alien body (Doomsday only revealed post credits), seemingly inert, and kept it hush, hush. Only for now that there's an alien powerhouse living among them, they could use the body to create Subject Zero.

That way we'd have an alien powerhouse (Superman) versus a human powerhouse (Subject Zero) and we'd see who in the end was more humane. The human or the alien.

What are your thoughts on this scenario? Better? Worse?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sovereign91001

I was hoping they'd use Metallo for this movie, he's the perfect bridge villain for Superman and Batman to face together.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh… Seriously, Zack… Metallo as the main villain for MOS 2? Just no.

Metallo can be good henchman, bridge villain or something along that lines, but just not the main big bad in the movie.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By buttersdaman000

I want The Elite still

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I want Mongul and Lobo

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By MakkyD

The military John Corben has a lot more potential than the petty criminal John Corben imo. Maybe if they gave him similar powers after he made the bargain with Necron as well (morph into any mechanical shape and absorb any nearby mechanical device).

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Squalleon

@maccyd said:
@squalleon said:

The military John Corben has a lot more potential than the petty criminal John Corben imo. Maybe if they gave him similar powers after he made the bargain with Necron as well (morph into any mechanical shape and absorb any nearby mechanical device).

I still don't see it. Except if they made him a General(instead of using Gen.Lane for example) or something and it was America vs Superman, then I still don't see he can fill the plot. But at that point you change the character too much and he is Metallo only in name.

I don't believe they will introduce high-concepts and characters like Necron in DCCU. They are grounded after all :P

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MakkyD

@maccyd said:
@squalleon said:

I still don't see it. Except if they made him a General(instead of using Gen.Lane for example) or something and it was America vs Superman, then I still don't see he can fill the plot. But at that point you change the character too much and he is Metallo only in name.

I don't believe they will introduce high-concepts and characters like Necron in DCCU. They are grounded after all :P

Well maybe as a superweapon for the army or something similar, Morrison's first run showed why he could be a good main villain, if used correctly (even though he was helped by Brainiac, but still :P).

I meant if he had powers similar to what Necron gave him, not include Necron himself.

Anyway, I'd actually be more interested to see Metallo as a main villain than some of the usual choices, just to see how he'd work as a main villain in a movie.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

Well maybe as a superweapon for the army or something similar, Morrison's first run showed why he could be a good main villain, if used correctly (even though he was helped by Brainiac, but still :P).

I meant if he had powers similar to what Necron gave him, not include Necron himself.

Anyway, I'd actually be more interested to see Metallo as a main villain than some of the usual choices, just to see how he'd work as a main villain in a movie.

He wasn't a main villain though, he was Brainiac's pawn completely :P and General Lane (an awesome villain imo) and Luthor were his main human villains imo.

Oh, okay.

I would like to see him as a bruiser in a movie with a human villain like General Lane. I feel Lane lately had two very good appearances and he can be a very interesting villain.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

He wasn't a main villain though, he was Brainiac's pawn completely :P and General Lane (an awesome villain imo) and Luthor were his main human villains imo.

Oh, okay.

I would like to see him as a bruiser in a movie with a human villain like General Lane. I feel Lane lately had two very good appearances and he can be a very interesting villain.

Well, I meant capable of being a credible threat on his own more so than the mastermind behind the plot :P

Snyder would probably use Metallo similar to Winter Solider in that even though he's portrayed as the main villain by marketing, he's still be a pawn to a more human (a less marketable and "boring") villain and most of the fight scenes would revolve around him rather than the "plot dictating" villain.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

Well, I meant capable of being a credible threat on his own more so than the mastermind behind the plot :P

Snyder would probably use Metallo similar to Winter Solider in that even though he's portrayed as the main villain by marketing, he's still be a pawn to a more human (a less marketable and "boring") villain and most of the fight scenes would revolve around him rather than the "plot dictating" villain.

I don't believe he is a credible threat :P He is a bruiser, there is no tension in him.

Yeah, but Winter Soldier stole the show ;) Metallo could probably do the same in those circumstances.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@redwingx said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

I want The Elite still

MoS Superman sucks so no.

You suck

Oi, change it before a mod sees you :P

If mods feels the need to address something as harmless as my response, they have problems lol

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@redwingx said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

I want The Elite still

You suck

If mods feels the need to address something as harmless as my response, they have problems lol

There have been some new rules that are quite harsh and you personally attacked a viner. You are not even allowed to do semi-censored versions of words with the new rules.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By buttersdaman000

@buttersdaman000 said:
@squalleon said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@redwingx said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

I want The Elite still

You suck

There have been some new rules that are quite harsh and you personally attacked a viner. You are not even allowed to do semi-censored versions of words with the new rules.

F*ck the new rules :/ lol

I don't think it was a personal attack though, just me being a little flippant. If redwing thinks it was though, i'll apologize.

But seriously, the new rules suck

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

I don't think it was a personal attack though, just me being a little flippant. If redwing thinks it was though, i'll apologize.

That's the permutations I told about :P

I do think they are overly harsh for no reason too. They don't stop the problem of harassing because harassing isn't using a curse words of two. I feel you can perfectly harass someone with out using any of them.
And I don't think there are young children on the vine that would be affected.

But the rules are rules and it would be a shame to get a warning for silly stuff like those.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@squalleon said:

That's the permutations I told about :P

I do think they are overly harsh for no reason too. They don't stop the problem of harassing because harassing isn't using a curse words of two. I feel you can perfectly harass someone with out using any of them.

And I don't think there are young children on the vine that would be affected.

But the rules are rules and it would be a shame to get a warning for silly stuff like those.

Well, no warning yet, but if I do, i'll eat my words. Literally.