Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I just watch the movie again and i notice this.

Why this happened in the movie?

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You could've been just a little bit more specific

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@kgb725 said:

@archizoom: This. What is the op on about ?

Everty time there is silence in the movie people hug.

After Superman kills Zod, he screams, then goes and hug Lois Lane, but there is silence, well as much silence as you would expect in a Bayhem scene.

This happened also with his father and all over the movie.

Every time there is silence in the movie, people hug each others or hug Superman.

Its kinda weird.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody wants a noisy hug.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's dramatic. Anytime in a movie where something is supposed to be loud, like an explosion or gunfight, but it is silenced and focuses on someone's face or in this case someone hugging it makes it more dramatic because all this stuff is going on but what matters and what your focus is on is the hugging.

Drama

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@kgb725 said:

@archizoom: This. What is the op on about ?

Everty time there is silence in the movie people hug.

After Superman kills Zod, he screams, then goes and hug Lois Lane, but there is silence, well as much silence as you would expect in a Bayhem scene.

This happened also with his father and all over the movie.

Every time there is silence in the movie, people hug each others or hug Superman.

Its kinda weird.

You mean Ultraman...that wasn't Superman.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@manchine: that was Superman. His name is Kal-el not Kil-il, family crest meant hope not strength. He beat the guy trying to kill us. Dont know how you got them confused, it's really dumb

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ArchiZoom

@deathpoolthet1000: I think probably because people tend to hug after big action sequences or something calamitous. The ensuing silence signals the end of those scenes, cuts down the intensity and suggests relief.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

because snyder can't direct silence. only murder and hugs.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was the last time people were screaming during a hug? This applies to almost any movie, as well as reality.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine: that was Superman. His name is Kal-el not Kil-il, family crest meant hope not strength. He beat the guy trying to kill us. Dont know how you got them confused, it's really dumb

Superman doesn't kill. Superman doesn't let people get killed specially his father. Don't know how you got them confused, its really dumb.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: @jayc1324: I get that in movies silence is mostly used for human emotions or human decision.

But why its always coming with a hug, is the weird thing, i mean in the old Superman, Superman is in silence before going around earth it was to show Superman emotions, and it ends in him exploding in anger.

I understand every time they used the silence in the movie, i dont get why there was a hug with every single silence.

@silverpool said:

When was the last time people were screaming during a hug? This applies to almost any movie, as well as reality.

But not every time we stay in silence ends in hug.

Some time you just watch another human being in silence or watch to the outside in silence.

I get why hugs have no sound, but not why sound goes off and then people hug each other.

Why every single silence in this movie ends in a hug?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine said:

Superman doesn't kill. Superman doesn't let people get killed specially his father. Don't know how you got them confused, its really dumb.

Superman killed Doomsday. I don't really know crap about Superman but I know that.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Because hugs in MoS were the only scenes with no background music and where nobody talked.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Manchine

@cattlebattle said:

@manchine said:

Superman killed Doomsday. I don't really know crap about Superman but I know that.

Even then he explored every possible alternative even then he died in the process. Also he knew this wouldn't kill him permanently.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kgb725

@manchine: Superman killed a dragon , doomsday , he killed zod in the comics I think and basically killed brainiac and imperiex hes definitely a killer and only got that like because of L&C

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Because hugs in MoS were the only scenes with no background music and where nobody talked.

So Silence = Emotional Scene = Hug or Hug = Emotional Scene = Silence.

Hug = Emotions

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@manchine: Superman killed a dragon , doomsday , he killed zod in the comics I think and basically killed brainiac and imperiex hes definitely a killer and only got that like because of L&C

Bad writing is still bad writing. Matters which Brainiac robot version doesn't count as killing.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine said:

@cattlebattle said:

@manchine said:

Even then he explored every possible alternative even then he died in the process. Also he knew this wouldn't kill him permanently.

No at the time he didn´t.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut.

Beata

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: yeah the fact that he killed Zod in the comics really makes me not get this bs about Supes never killing.

It just feels like people clinging on to the Donner films to me. That may not be the case, but that's the vibe I get.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine: oh you're one of those loons. Superman has killed, end of story. Thereby refuting one of your points

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@saint_wildcard: I seem to recall hen superman killed Zod in the comics Superman went kind of loony because he got depressed or something

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Never really noticed. I was too busy enjoying the film. And are people seriously comparing MOS superman to ultraman. Seriously? That's the dumbest and most ignorant thing that can be said about the film. MOS superman was so far from ultraman that there wasn't even any notion that they were the same. MOS superman saved the world and put his whole existence at risk to protect the planet. Yeah but of course that's ultraman. I swear the Criticisms of MOS get dumber and dumber.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine: @silverpool: Well he still killed that dragon. Its weird people are stuck in the past Zod died to Superman in the actual comics so why are people complaining ?

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Manchine

@kgb725 said:

@manchine: @silverpool: Well he still killed that dragon. Its weird people are stuck in the past Zod died to Superman in the actual comics so why are people complaining ?

Because its still not a man. Its a creature (was it intelligent?). Bad writing is still bad writing when every other time he wouldn't do such a thing.

No Caption Provided

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine: Doesn't explain every other time he killed like when he killed the sun-eater

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@manchine: Doesn't explain every other time he killed like when he killed the sun-eater

You mean the living weapon that was made for destruction only.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kgb725

@manchine: pretty much yea. Explain how Superman couldnt save zod in the comics since he was a man that had intelligence

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@manchine: pretty much yea. Explain how Superman couldnt save zod in the comics since he was a man that had intelligence

If he was superman he would. That's the difference. WB wants to keep it DARK they even said so with Superman v Batman so I will keep my statement.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kgb725

@manchine: Superman has killed in the comics so your point is moot

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine said:

@kgb725 said:

You mean the living weapon that was made for destruction only.

Well Zod was made for war, so your point isn´t valid.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ArchiZoom

@deathpoolthet1000: Some emotional scenes go very nicely with background music that boosts the intensity of those moments but I guess in MoS people hugged after climactic scenes where silence creates a sense of relief. However, if two individuals that haven't seen each other in a very long time hug, the scene would most likely be accompanied with music that evokes a sense of accomplishment.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman also killed Imperiex and Brainiac, iirc

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preach.

@manchine said:

@cattlebattle said:

@manchine said:

Movie Superman didn't have alternatives. He could have KO'ed Zod for him to wake back up and kill X times more people and possibly have lost the rematch where Zod would destroy the World. Or he could kill Zod.

Superman without plot protection isn't guaranteed a victory. I'm personally sorry that your genre savvy take that knew he was Superman and would ultimately win because good guys win in superhero movies wasn't used and that the more realistic take on Superman did what he had to to protect the world..

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@manchine: Superman has killed in the comics so your point is moot

Says who? You hahahahahahahaha

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By joshmightbe

@manchine: You ever read a Golden Age comic, Superman wouldn't hesitate to toss a a dude out a window 20 stories up and just let him hit the ground, he'd even crack jokes after he'd obviously just murdered someone. Not to mention the fact that Superman has killed Zod a few times and he's had every intention of killing Doomsday every damn time they've fought.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kgb725

@manchine: Really your the only person saying Superman doesnt kill when he actually killed the guy in canon. You superman fanboys are something else

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine: You ever read a Golden Age comic, Superman wouldn't hesitate to toss a a dude out a window 20 stories up and just let him hit the ground, he'd even crack jokes after he'd obviously just murdered someone. Not to mention the fact that Superman has killed Zod a few times and he's had every intention of killing Doomsday every damn time they've fought.

In golden age yes. We are not talking Golden Age we are talking Superman. Core Superman doesn't do that unless its a last resort. Doomsday is just a weapon (at first they were looking to do the least amount of damage to the area and get it off earth). In Modern Era The Russian Zod killed himself.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@manchine: Really your the only person saying Superman doesnt kill when he actually killed the guy in canon. You superman fanboys are something else

I know you really should stop being such a fanboy.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By joshmightbe

@manchine: So you're saying the version of Superman you like best is the only one that matters? If so that kind of makes you like a sports fan that only supports the team once they get in the playoffs.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Do you want people to talk to each other while hugging?

Avatar image for sleeping_and_eating
sleeping_and_eating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine I though in MOS he killed Zod as a last resort? Just like every other times he's killed in comics (just to name a few ie). Zod/Phantom Zone criminals,Mr mxyzptlk in "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrwo" and Doomsday, it was an absolute last resort.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: I seem to recall hen superman killed Zod in the comics Superman went kind of loony because he got depressed or something

Yeah that's the one thing I don't like about Superman, the dude becomes emotionally unstable. If he kills someone he either goes nuts or kills himself. If Lois dies he goes nuts and becomes a tyrant....Dafuq Supes?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Go check out some Golden Age stories, GA Supes just didn't give a f**k. If the Zod thing had happened in the 40s Superman would have snapped his neck and cracked a joke while standing over his body.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Batman was a killer back then too especially when he hung that guy