Man of Steel Reviews Are in: Flop?

• 118 results
novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

58 on metacritic now. Down from a 64......

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

This is what WB cares about...

If they get that, DC has a Hollywood future.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SandMan_
novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC live action will begin. Nothing is going to stop that from happening.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By novi_homines

@sandman_ said:

@novi_homines: I gotta ask...Did you ever see the Hobbit?

No I haven't yet. Plan to though, why?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: It has 65% on RT and the movie made over a billion dollars and a lot of people love it.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sandman_ said:

@novi_homines said:

Dropped from a 72% to a 70% On RT, and from a 6.3 to a 6.0 on Metacritic.

70% RT (54% for top critics), and 6.0 on metacritic.

WOW. Speechless right now.

Dude, most of the negative reviews are because they expected to see Christopher Reeve's Superman. That's not going to happen. I suggest you wait until you see it to jump to conclusions.

One thing: Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic aren't believable sources of opinion either.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By novi_homines

@sandman_ said:

@novi_homines: It has 65% on RT and the movie made over a billion dollars and a lot of people love it.

i'm sure it did. I love Thor, and it was average review wise. Everyone has opinions. And then again, they also get films right in the cases of TDK (94%), and Iron Man (93%). I actually think the system works more often than not, but MOS could fall under this "not" category.

This isn't what has me worried. Its a combination of this Rotten Tomatoes 69% (dropped again), with a average review score of 58 on metacritic, as well as my favorite youtube reviewer jeremyjahns, who almost always seems to give "Awesometaculars" to every film he reviews, but instead, gave this a "blu ray purchase". Its a combination of all of these things that has me worried some. But again, i'll wait until thursday when I see it at midnight, before I make my final decision on the film.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: A lot of people are asking why didn't Jeremy labeled it as awesometacular.

Why still haven't see all the reviews. And most of the critics is because it has to much action( f*cking seriously?) and that it ain't a Donner movie.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By novi_homines

@sandman_ said:

@novi_homines said:

Dude, most of the negative reviews are because they expected to see Christopher Reeve's Superman. That's not going to happen. I suggest you wait until you see it to jump to conclusions.

One thing: Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic aren't believable sources of opinion either.

They aren't simply "sources of opinions". They both encompass hundreds of review outlets. From the new york post, to the chicago sun times. These aren't some randoms making reviews for the first time.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

@sandman_ said:

@novi_homines said:

They aren't simply "sources of opinions". They both encompass hundreds of review outlets. From the new york post, to the chicago sun times. These aren't some randoms making reviews for the first time.

And despite all that, they manage to be hilariously inept, poorly-informed, nitpicky, pretentious upper class twits that think they could do a better job than 95% of Hollywood. I laugh even harder at their reviews since they are supposed to be serious.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

To say that you think the movie will suck because of critics reviews is stupid.

To say that critics are stupid before you get the chance to see that movie is even more stupid.

Everyone get a grip and stop comparing different scores that critic websites have to movies you think suck, just to make yourself feel better about MOS not sucking.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'm still going to see it and I'm still thinking I will probably enjoy it.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I don't care about reviews, it's something to be seen for yourself :)

Exactly! The same reception was given to The Amazing Spider-Man and yet, I considered it to be my favourite film of last year. Reviews are subjective opinions, not facts folks :)

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this guy at Time Out New York, acted like it was trying to be exactly like the Reeve movie. These critics need to stop nit picking and living in the past and just enjoy the movie.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aiden_cross said:

I don't care about reviews, it's something to be seen for yourself :)

Exactly! The same reception was given to The Amazing Spider-Man and yet, I considered it to be my favourite film of last year. Reviews are subjective opinions, not facts folks :)

Even more than Avengers? :D

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've heard just as many good reviews as bad but it doesn't matter since I don't allow others to form my opinions for me.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#69  Edited By Deranged Midget

@sandman_ said:

Even more than Avengers? :D

As a standalone film, yes!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70 the_stegman  Moderator

@sandman_ said:

@novi_homines: A lot of people are asking why didn't Jeremy labeled it as awesometacular.

Why still haven't see all the reviews. And most of the critics is because it has to much action( f*cking seriously?) and that it ain't a Donner movie.

Well, Buy it on Blu Ray is his second highest score right? It's like a 4/5

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

I believe so. The only thing that kept it from being awesometacular seem to be the excess of action. I don't know why though. He pretty much praised everything else.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the bad reviews I've seen all seem to be focused on the Lois/Clark relationship, like they're mad it wasn't a romance movie. Look folks the relationship has been explored and reexplored a billion times, it doesn't need to be brought up again. Let the Superman origin movie be about Superman, they can deal with Lois in the sequel.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 the_stegman  Moderator

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

@sandman_ said:

I believe so. The only thing that kept it from being awesometacular seem to be the excess of action. I don't know why though. He pretty much praised everything else.

I honestly can't see how it has more action scenes than Avengers >_>

All the bad reviews I've seen all seem to be focused on the Lois/Clark relationship, like they're mad it wasn't a romance movie. Look folks the relationship has been explored and reexplored a billion times, it doesn't need to be brought up again. Let the Superman origin movie be about Superman, they can deal with Lois in the sequel.

I was hoping they wouldn't focus on romance too much, my biggest gripe about Thor for instance, was that the romance between him and Jane Foster felt forced and dragged the film down.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: The main complaint I've always heard from people from the old Superman movies has always been the lack of action which is why these "Too much action" complaints baffle me.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 the_stegman  Moderator

@joshmightbe: People will tear a movie apart to find flaws in it to hate. Satisfaction is never guaranteed.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

DC films are judged infinitely harsher than Marvel films for some reason, so I'm not worried at all.

Not to mention the modern critic really doesn't know how to judge comic films in general.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines:

1. the film isn't even open to the public yet

2. It can't be that bad considering DC just announced signing Snyder on to a 3 film deal (MoS, MoS2 and JLA) and fast tracked the production of MoS 2

#2 isn't something to hang a hat on, how many times has a movie been slated for sequels before a release and then the movie bombs. John Carter is the most recent victim I can think of for this. They expect to make it into a trilogy.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By GTG12

I get my reviews from jeremy jahns on youtube. He gave it his second best rating but besides that superman is awesome. He won't fail.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SandMan_
Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@jointron33: actually it's quite great. Seems you didn't 'get it'.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think MoS isn't going to do that great on the opening weekend. I think a lot of people still have the taste of Superman Returns in their mouths, not to mention its going to be competing with World War Z and Monsters University. WB/DC should have either pushed the release up or pushed it back one week so they wouldn't be up against those movies.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#82  Edited By turoksonofstone

This is what WB cares about...

If they get that, DC has a Hollywood future.

Loading Video...

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By joshmightbe

@nova_prime_: Actually it has already made most of its budget back in just ticket presales not to mention the little over 100 million its made on product tie ins so it won't actually have to work very hard to break even on opening night since its well over half way there already.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

I never listen to Rottentomatoes.Their opinion is always way different then mine and I still have really high hopes for the movie.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I still think the "Too much action" complaint is dull.

Honestly, that's what I know a few Superman fans have been wanting for awhile in a Superman movie. Hell, I'm all for bringing on the action.

Zod vs Superman. Let's go.

Mild_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got back from an early screening of Man of Steel. Go see it, just go see it. If you have an inkling that you'll like it, you'll totally dig it. It's kinda dark & surprisingly dour but I say it's a hell of a film. Think the criticism all has merit but I don't think too many of you people on this forum will be disappointed with the final product.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By novi_homines

@sandman_ said:

3/4 might be more accurate. Only have seen a Awesometacular, bluray purchase, DVD purchase, and bad.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care about reviews I'm a Superman fan and I will enjoy seeing him on the big screen.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@novi_homines: If your worried this film won't been seen as a good movie maybe you should stop advertising all the shit reviews

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews are non canon the only thing that counts is how you feel about it. Everyone has a beloved film thats been lambasted by critics. Not everyone likes the same stuff, and more often than not oro critics take movies too seriously for my liking. Only thing im worried about is them making an awesome film or set of films but screwing the storylines so hard that a total reboot is needed ( im looking at you dkr) but im sure atleast visually its gonna be amazing.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By JediWaffles

So i just watched it, and i loved it. Screw what the critics think, man. Definitely NOT a flop in my opinion.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx:

• Toy Story 1: 100%
  • Toy Story 2: 100%
  • Toy Story 3: 99%
  • The Shawshank Redemption: 90%

.........Yeah it knows what its talking about.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingangel: Then again I couldn't care less since I am a superman d_ckrider at the moment and will see the movie regardless

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheHeat

I guarantee that if MOS had high scores on RT and Metacritic, some of you guys wouldn't be talking trash about either site. Sure, neither site are infallible, but it seems many people who don't get their reviews on either site have been underwhelmed with the movie. They said that the movie is good, but not great.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Yeah I am super excited for the movie right now.........but I will riot if BATMAN DOESN'T SHOW UP AFTER THE CREDITS!

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingangel: I will shoot a kid if batman appears >.>

no need for batman here