#1 Posted by RDClip (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

The following post contains info on a prequel comic that suggest major plot points in the movie.

I'm surprised no one has started a topic about this. So Walmart has an exclusive prequel comic, written by Geoff Johns, the movie's screenwriter David S Goyer and the movie's director Zack Snyder, for people who bought tickets from them for some early screening. Right here is the plot outline.

Since it is a story by the movie's writer and director we can be pretty sure it will follow closly to the plot of the movie.

Anyway, there's some pretty interesting insights for what may be elements of the movie. Kara Zor-El is the main character in the comic so she may be in the movie. Krypton has an interplanetary colonization mission so that means they have long range space vessels. The Kryptonian murderer from the beginning is sentenced to life inprisonment, so there is no phantom zone. And at the end of the comic Kara's ship crash lands on earth and sends out a signal, so maybe Superman isn't the Kryptonian Zod is looking for, but Kara.

Anyway from what it seems, this will be a very different take on Superman than anything we have ever seen before and leaves me very optimistic.

#2 Edited by LaserLambert (636 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip said:

The following post contains info on a prequel comic that suggest major plot points in the movie.

I'm surprised no one has started a topic about this. So Walmart has an exclusive prequel comic, written by Geoff Johns, the movie's screenwriter David S Goyer and the movie's director Zack Snyder, for people who bought tickets from them for some early screening. Right here is the plot outline.

Since it is a story by the movie's writer and director we can be pretty sure it will follow closly to the plot of the movie.

Anyway, there's some pretty interesting insights for what may be elements of the movie. Kara Zor-El is the main character in the comic so she may be in the movie. Krypton has an interplanetary colonization mission so that means they have long range space vessels. The Kryptonian murderer from the beginning is sentenced to life inprisonment, so there is no phantom zone. And at the end of the comic Kara's ship crash lands on earth and sends out a signal, so maybe Superman isn't the Kryptonian Zod is looking for, but Kara.

Anyway from what it seems, this will be a very different take on Superman than anything we have ever seen before and leaves me very optimistic.

He says: "To Kal-El I say this: surrender within 24 hours...." in other words he wants Kal-El.

Also, the ship crashed an untold number of years ago(there were tribal people on earth when it did and it then got incased in layers and layers of ice over time), it isn't activated until much later. and they would kind of have to cast an actress to play Supergirl if they wanted her in there.

Though this does explain what Superman was looking at in one of the trailers, it was one of those suspended animation pods. maybe he throws Zod and the others in those?

#3 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. Major Spoiler. Super Girl, eh? weird.

#4 Posted by RDClip (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip said:

He says: "To Kal-El I say this: surrender within 24 hours...." in other words he wants Kal-El.

Also, the ship crashed an untold number of years ago(there were tribal people on earth when it did and it then got incased in layers and layers of ice over time), it isn't activated until much later. and they would kind of have to cast an actress to play Supergirl if they wanted her in there.

Though this does explain what Superman was looking at in one of the trailers, it was one of those suspended animation pods. maybe he throws Zod and the others in those?

Oh, I forgot that Zod specifically said Kal-El. I only remembered him telling the Earth that they are sheltering a Kryptonian.

As for Supergirl appearing in the movie. I have to assume that she will play a part. Why else would they specifically use a known character in this comic, introduce the concept of suspended animation, have her ship crash on Earth and have it suddenly start sending out a signal right when the events of the movie begin. I think that she is in the movie, but somehow they managed to keep it secret.

#5 Edited by LaserLambert (636 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip said:
@laserlambert said:

@rdclip said:

Oh, I forgot that Zod specifically said Kal-El. I only remembered him telling the Earth that they are sheltering a Kryptonian.

As for Supergirl appearing in the movie. I have to assume that she will play a part. Why else would they specifically use a known character in this comic, introduce the concept of suspended animation, have her ship crash on Earth and have it suddenly start sending out a signal right when the events of the movie begin. I think that she is in the movie, but somehow they managed to keep it secret.

Maybe Fan-service?

I think specifically, her face was just whatever, not obviously based on a real human's face like Superman's was.

plus the fact that if they were to introduce her in the movie, but keep her secret through all of this, why would they just decide to show her in this?

In fact, they've revealed there is an actor in this who is playing an unknown role, but we still know he's IN it why not also say, here's some female actress too who we can't say who she is?