• 97 results
Avatar image for killerinstinct4588
killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So now apparently this meme is going around the internet, but do you think people love to hate on Superman or perhaps they just don't like Man of Steel?

No Caption Provided

Me personally, I think it's a mixture of both. It will only make since for hardcore Marvel fans to bash DC, and what a better way to do so then to bash their most oldest popular character "Superman." It also seems like a lot of people love to compare Superman to other Superheroes. So a quick run down of the most Superheroes people love to compare Supes to is Captain America, Thor, Hulk (Strength wise) and now apparently Rocket the Raccoon j/k

I think the only DC character Marvel fans respect is mainly Batman IMO

But hey I'm a fan of both Marvel & DC, just don't see why fans have to be so divided.

TBH I see much more Marvel fans taking shots at DC then vice versa.

EdgeJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocket Raccoon is a way better character tbh.

killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgejohn said:

Well in my opinion you couldn't be more far from the truth.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@edgejohn said:

That's a completely subjective,and thus pointless matter to argue.

So now apparently this meme is going around the internet, but do you think people love to hate on Superman or perhaps they just don't like Man of Steel?

No Caption Provided

This is the very first time I have seen that. Not that it matters,though.

Me personally, I think it's a mixture of both. It will only make since for hardcore Marvel fans to bash DC, and what a better way to do so then to bash their most oldest popular character "Superman."

No one is "bashing" Superman. It's a bit asinine to suggest that every person that had an issue with Man of Steel (especially since a majority of them seemed to be Superman fans that had an issue with his recklessness) is a "hardcore Marvel fan". I don't think it has anything to do with some sort of spite against Superman.

It also seems like a lot of people love to compare Superman to other Superheroes. So a quick run down of the most Superheroes people love to compare Supes to is Captain America, Thor, Hulk (Strength wise) and now apparently Rocket the Raccoon j/k

And? People do that all the time with popular superheroes/characters. It happens to Spider-man,Hulk,Thor,Captain America,Wolverine,Wonder Woman,Batman,and especially Superman,to name a few.

I think the only DC character Marvel fans respect is mainly Batman IMO

That's a very large generalization. And poorly supported. Most people like Batman,so that's not exactly new. And it's not something that's specific and unique to "Marvel fans".

But hey I'm a fan of both Marvel & DC, just don't see why fans have to be so divided.

Company rivalry. Coke supporters vs Pepsi supporters. Anime fans vs Comic fans. Sports teams vs other Sports teams. It is mainly a feud and issue with the more....zealous fans.

TBH I see much more Marvel fans taking shots at DC then vice versa.

That's based completely on perspective. There are A LOT of people that will say the inverse. And there are people who realize that there is something called perspective bias and just say that it happens on both sides.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sacredweapons

Persnally i think its a man of steel joke. Wouldent make sence for people to make fun of the man who probably has one of the highest save rates (might not rebuild houses but he gets the job done).

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It doesn't really deserve a break.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

When did he save civilians? If it's at the end then no duh, he had thousands for backup a it was his job along with those thieves to do so. Different scenarios

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I know the characters are totally different, and people have different expectations of them, but why was it okay for Iron Man and Captain America and the rest of the Avengers to kill their enemies but not okay for Superman?

Throughout his three solo films he killed his fair share of bad guys. Stane died right? He used a flamethrower on those terrorists, he killed the Extremis soldiers, etc.

I can't remember if Cap killed anyone in the Winter Soldier but he definitely killed some people in his first film (although in context he was fighting in a war).

I'm not 100% sure but I think Thor most likely killed some dark elves and frost giants in his films. And maybe Kurse? Or did Loki kill him?

In fact in his own film I think Hulk held back the most. I mean he captured and restrained the Abomination instead of killing him.

And in the Avengers, they all killed and incapacitated countless chitauri. I mean, we don't necessarily know which ones died but there's no way every single chitauri survived. Especially not the ones hit with the nuke, and probably not the ones hit by Thor's lightning strike, or the one that Thor hammered a big chunk of debris into.

And in most of these examples, it's not even a big deal. No remorse, second guessing, just a 'we're in a dangerous fight and it needed to be done' sort of thing. But Superman (acknowledging that his and the other Kryptonians power caused a lot of property damage and recklessly endangered lives) kills ONE guy and does so with regret and he's a giant asshole. Man of Steel had problems and the script was one of them, but I don't get the heavy-handed bashing it gets sometimes.

EdgeJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is washed up. The comic industry would be a lot better without superman

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardishy said:

I know the characters are totally different, and people have different expectations of them, but why was it okay for Iron Man and Captain America and the rest of the Avengers to kill their enemies but not okay for Superman?

Throughout his three solo films he killed his fair share of bad guys. Stane died right? He used a flamethrower on those terrorists, he killed the Extremis soldiers, etc.

I can't remember if Cap killed anyone in the Winter Soldier but he definitely killed some people in his first film (although in context he was fighting in a war).

I'm not 100% sure but I think Thor most likely killed some dark elves and frost giants in his films. And maybe Kurse? Or did Loki kill him?

In fact in his own film I think Hulk held back the most. I mean he captured and restrained the Abomination instead of killing him.

And in the Avengers, they all killed and incapacitated countless chitauri. I mean, we don't necessarily know which ones died but there's no way every single chitauri survived. Especially not the ones hit with the nuke, and probably not the ones hit by Thor's lightning strike, or the one that Thor hammered a big chunk of debris into.

And in most of these examples, it's not even a big deal. No remorse, second guessing, just a 'we're in a dangerous fight and it needed to be done' sort of thing. But Superman (acknowledging that his and the other Kryptonians power caused a lot of property damage and recklessly endangered lives) kills ONE guy and does so with regret and he's a giant asshole. Man of Steel had problems and the script was one of them, but I don't get the heavy-handed bashing it gets sometimes.

The answer? It's probably why people complained about The Amazing Spider-man Peter wearing "hipster" glasses,or that his colors in his costume were too dark,and that the costume in the second movie was unoriginal,and that Man of Steel's Superman costume is too dark,and that Ben Affleck is a terrible choice for Batman....some fans will be fans.

However,again,I think that people still had an issue with how reckless Superman was in situations where he could have minimized destruction (like when that truck was thrown at him and he simply hovered above it rather than catch it...or caught it,whatever the proper form is).

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

It doesn't really deserve a break.

No Caption Provided

Someone was going to say it!

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That awkward moment when you read completely dumb Internet meme and took it seriously…

Ahem, besides it being farfetched and in different situations, I distinctly remember how Superman went out of his way to save the entire planet, so…

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Lvenger

People on here really don't understand why MOS deserves the bashing it gets and justifiably rates. There's a difference between the kill codes of other heroes and Superman's kill code.

killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerinstinct4588 said:
@edgejohn said:

No Caption Provided

Then why bring it up?

No one is "bashing" Superman. It's a bit asinine to suggest that every person that had an issue with Man of Steel (especially since a majority of them seemed to be Superman fans that had an issue with his recklessness) is a "hardcore Marvel fan". I don't think it has anything to do with some sort of spite against Superman.

First of all I'm going off by what I've notice, and it's simply my hypothesis. And no I don't feel like going through all the example just to prove appoint.

And? People do that all the time with popular superheroes/characters. It happens to Spider-man,Hulk,Thor,Captain America,Wolverine,Wonder Woman,Batman,and especially Superman,to name a few.

Sure people do that all the time, and I never said they didn't. But I seen people do it to Superman way often.

That's a very large generalization. And poorly supported. Most people like Batman,so that's not exactly new. And it's not something that's specific and unique to "Marvel fans".

Now you're speaking like you ignorant to the whole internet social media.

Company rivalry. Coke supporters vs Pepsi supporters. Anime fans vs Comic fans. Sports teams vs other Sports teams. It is mainly a feud and issue with the more....zealous fans.

True

That's based completely on perspective. There are A LOT of people that will say the inverse. And there are people who realize that there is something called perspective bias and just say that it happens on both sides.

Well speaking as a person who like both I see way more meme of Marvel taking shot at DC, and that's something we can actually see if it's true or not.

killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

People on here really don't understand why MOS deserves the bashing it gets and justifiably rates. There's a difference between the kill codes of other heroes and Superman's kill code.

Didn't know Superman had a killed code lol

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well rocket had a fleet of ships to help him. Supes was by himself and fighting a dude who was just as powerful as him. Also a fun little fact people who bash man of steel always forget to,mention is that metropolis was already thoughroally fu:;ed up by the world engine by the time superman got there.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

Didn't know Superman had a killed code lol

Seriously? You didn't know? That's why people have been up in arms about the infamous neck snapping scene because, bar a few out of character exceptions and The Golden Age Superman, Superman does not kill his foes. Even his most hated ones.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@edgejohn said:

No Caption Provided

Then why bring it up?

I just said that this is the first time I've seen that. I'm not using it in a debate.....

First of all I'm going off by what I've notice, and it's simply my hypothesis. And no I don't feel like going through all the example just to prove appoint.

What you noticed is limited by your own experiences. People have other experiences that are just as valid as yours. But given the facts and a neutral stance,I don't think that your "hypothesis" is correct. And if you don't feel like using examples,then that is only detrimental to your point. Not that it matters,because,again...perspective bias

Sure people do that all the time, and I never said they didn't. But I seen people do it to Superman way often.

Because Superman is the most popular superhero. That's why it doesn't happen as much with Wolverine than it does with Superman. Being popular doesn't mean that you don't receive criticism.

Now you're speaking like you ignorant to the whole internet social media.

I'm ignorant to whole internet social media? Please,explain. Because it's not like every other DC and Marvel fan b!tches on this site every Tuesday and pretends to be victims or some sort of underrepresented minority.

True

Well speaking as a person who like both I see way more meme of Marvel taking shot at DC, and that's something we can actually see if it's true or not.

No. You're not understanding it. It's based on your perspective. I like both DC and Marvel also,but what does that mean? I see Marvel fans taking shots at DC,and I see the same happen the other way around. There is no statistic,just fans not accepting that there is hate that comes their way. So it's not true because you say it is,unfortunately.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@killerinstinct4588: you seriously think that if dc fans had stuff to be proud/hyped about they wouldnt do this? oh please, see reality. they'd do it even more than the marvel fans. man of steel really sucked a$$, also.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man of steel saved humanity.Yes a lot of people died.He was in a fight what you wanted him to stop an save every human calling for help or stop the threat to the world.There is always casualties in war.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel:

Whyyes, who could forget Superman stalking a married woman and her child?

killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

Man of Steel set the bar so low, I now realize how great the Superman moments in Superman Returns actually were.

Low as in quality or sales? Because in sales it surpass Batman begins and I would say the movie generate more hype overall.

As for quality I would agree, but we have the creative team to thank for that. Superman did his part to get people excited to see his new movie, but Zack & friends couldn't deliver the quality that people wanted to see.

Listen Zack Snyder could possibly ruining a Batman movie if giving the chance. I guess we'll have to wait in see!

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I guess the troll attempt is very successful.

Darryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Blade_R

Just an easy way for people to rustle jimmies. Lol Rocket Raccoon? Let him fight Zod in metropolis, I wonder how many people would die....Oh yeah, he probably wouldn't even make it out alive himself.

killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Lol just an easy way for people to rustle jimmies. Lol Rocket Raccoon? Let him fight Zod in metropolis, I wonder how many people would die....Oh yeah, he probably wouldn't even make it out alive himself.

^ This

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Man of Steel is a dead horse. Stop beating it.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Manchine

@toplel said:

Man of Steel set the bar so low, I now realize how great the Superman moments in Superman Returns actually were.

Personally, as with a lot of people, Man of Steel is not really a Superman movie. It just claims to be. It really is..which makes a lot more sense.

No Caption Provided

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Lol just an easy way for people to rustle jimmies. Lol Rocket Raccoon? Let him fight Zod in metropolis, I wonder how many people would die....Oh yeah, he probably wouldn't even make it out alive himself.

lol

kasino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its the Superman dilemma.

go look at the reviews. its simply not Reeve Superman or the themes he had in 1940 as the original superhero.

its believed the Superman S is the second most recognized symbol in the world, next to the Jesus cross. Maybe a Superman move we'll love is him getting the crap beat out of him...ooooh Doomsday

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SDCC Is Getting Too Gropey

I mean seriously...

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand.. who would care about destruction or deaths in a comic book super hero movie? it's inevitable and always been that way..people just want something to bi*&h about..they might need to switch their movie genre to drama or musical

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh* It's not like he had an entire army to help him. What did Clark have again?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SaintWildcard

Now that I got to use that gif time to get serious.

I've honestly never seen that pic and I go to superhero meme a lot. Also Marvel fans at this point just want to feel superior in every way. When it was announced that the TV universe wasn't gonna be tied to the Movie universe the cheered and gloated like they had just won a battle.... even though AoS sucks. Again I stand by my original statement

When did he save civilians? If it's at the end then no duh, he had thousands for backup a it was his job along with those thieves to do so. Different scenarios

So in reality this is just an attempt at trolling and you posting it here only fans the flames cus most people here haven't seen it. So again

:D I've really wanted to have a reason to post that gif

It's been a year already damn

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SaintWildcard

*sigh* It's not like he had an entire army to help him. What did Clark have again?

Ironically the army -____-

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones said:

Ironically the army -____-

Yep an army of Human while he was battling an opponent far more experienced and somewhat powerful then him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

Also Marvel fans at this point just want to feel superior in every way.

Not really.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

Not really.

Eh...I can see where he's coming from.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@killerinstinct4588: not marvel, but still better than mos. i can watch origins again, i'm never watching mos again, not for half of metropolis. or less. depends how much is left after supes is done.

@darryl: 2 good movies how long ago? 2008.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

Not really.

I wouldn't say it if I didn't see them gloat about Arrow not being tied to the Movie Universe but AoS is.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@toplel said:

@trebean: You mean the woman he loved and their kid?

@killerinstinct4588: Affleck and co. are on board, so I have the tiniest amount of hope it won't be as big a mess.

@manchine: Ultraman might be taking it too far, but he certainly wasn't Superman.

Matters how they would make the next one. Accordingly they are making Superman v Batman Dark so I would have to say yes. Still makes more sense then superman.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_stegman  Moderator

Sigh...here we go again....

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine said:

@toplel said:

@trebean: You mean the woman he loved and their kid?

@killerinstinct4588: Affleck and co. are on board, so I have the tiniest amount of hope it won't be as big a mess.

@manchine: Ultraman might be taking it too far, but he certainly wasn't Superman.

Matters how they would make the next one. Accordingly they are making Superman v Batman Dark so I would have to say yes. Still makes more sense then superman.

You are really trying to force that dumb joke down peoples throats. And here I thought you said people were commonly calling him Ultraman, Even someone who hated the movie doesn't agree with you Ultraman comparison

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh...here we go again....

I like to think of it as an honor. All other superhero movies, good or bad, will come and go but Man of Steel is still being debated to this day. Any publicity is good publicity

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@saint_wildcard:

Not really.

I wouldn't say it if I didn't see them gloat about Arrow not being tied to the Movie Universe but AoS is.

Does everyone like generalizing on these forums?
lol I mean damn,it seems so unfair. I've seen DC fans do it just as much. I remember watching MoS faora vs Superman on Youtube,and some zealot started ranting (unprovoked,by the way) about how Faora can solo the movie Avengers and comic Avengers,despite the fact that no one even mentioned their names.