#1 Posted by MuyJingo (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of people are making the claim that Clark had no other option at the end of the movie -- he had to kill.

I don't think that's true, in fact I think there are many different courses of action that could have been taken believably.

The best example I have is instead of Clark snapping Zod's neck, he flys with Zod as far away from Zod as possible. Going further and further into deep space, finding a sun taht would weaken them both and heading toward it. Clark's plan is to leave Zod stranded on a planet, ala Khan from Star Trek.

Originally I thought Superman could just throw Zod onto the planet and come back, but an even better idea is Clark thinking he was going to die, and willing to do so to save the people of earth without killing. Then, as he has been on earth for 33 years soaking up yellow sun energy, he has reserve energy he isn't aware of and is able to come back.

I think that would have been a much more powerful ending...showing him being the hero he is famous as being.

Does anyone have ideas for different alternate endings that they think may have worked, that do not involve killing?

#2 Posted by Mahahus64 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I would've liked to see him be sucked up in to the Phantom Zone, though this time never to be seen again. This would cut some scenes from the movie, and leave a little left to show how Clark Kent hides in the world when everyone knows the face of Superman.

#3 Posted by GeoKnowsBest (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman convinces Zod to stop killing by telling him about the joys of human/kryptonian sexual encounters. Zod then takes a career in the adult film industry, having huge success with his Kneel Before Zod series.

#4 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman convinces Zod to stop killing by telling him about the joys of human/kryptonian sexual encounters. Zod then takes a career in the adult film industry, having huge success with his Kneel Before Zod series.

Heh

#5 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5608 posts) - - Show Bio

So, you're telling me that instead of KILLING ZOD, Superman should have left Zod with only a broken Kryptonian power suit on a random planet deep into space were Zod has no powers and would probably die from starvation, de-hydration, or an unlivable atmosphere? That's just killing him anyway. Not to mention how Superman couldn't do it: Think about how much slower Superman could fly in Man of Steel, there's no way he could have reached a Goldilocks planet, especially one with a red sun without months/years of flying through space. If you think about it, it makes no sense whatsoever. Man of Steel's ending was fine, and it could establish Superman's no-kill rule in future films. I wish everyone would stop complaining about it.

#6 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

So, you're telling me that instead of KILLING ZOD, Superman should have left Zod with only a broken Kryptonian power suit on a random planet deep into space were Zod has no powers and would probably die from starvation, de-hydration, or an unlivable atmosphere? That's just killing him anyway. Not to mention how Superman couldn't do it: Think about how much slower Superman could fly in Man of Steel, there's no way he could have reached a Goldilocks planet, especially one with a red sun without months/years of flying through space. If you think about it, it makes no sense whatsoever. Man of Steel's ending was fine, and it could establish Superman's no-kill rule in future films. I wish everyone would stop complaining about it.

Indeed. They need to get over it.

#7 Edited by MuyJingo (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol....

1) It wouldn't have to be a goldilocks planet.

2) He flies very very fast. We don't know how fast he is capable of flying.

3) Zod wouldn't necessarily die.

It makes no sense to say that him killing establishes his no killing rule for later films. What if in the 3rd film after he has all these morals and refuses to kill, he finds himself in the same situation with another kryptonian. He wouldn't take the same course of action?

#8 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5608 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo:

1) If it wasn't a Goldilocks planet, how could he survive? His breathing apparatus/Kryptonian atmosphere helmet was broken during the battle in Smallville, so the planet would have to be one that is similar enough to Krypton's atmosphere that he could survive without it.

2) Superman was somewhat de-powered in Man of Steel. Even though he can fly incredibly fast to us, the nearest Goldilocks planet is incredibly far away, but he would have to find one with a red sun, which is most likely much, much, much farther. It would probably take him years, in which Zod could have just resumed battling him.

3) How the hell could he survive? He would be stuck on a planet trillions of miles away, with no powers and an atmosphere most likely unlike Krypton's, which would pain him incredibly (as we saw in the fight in Smallville). We don't know if the planet has any eatable substances, either.

I only suggested killing Zod could establish his no-kill rule in the sequels. I haven't read a script for Man of Steel 2, so I don't know. As for your final point, if he finds himself in the same situation, he might be forced to kill which would be a very emotional moment. However, he probably wouldn't have to as all Kryptonians are presumably dead, unless you count Doomsday (which wouldn't be as sad a moment as Doomsday is a genetically engineered creature made on Krypton, not a real Kryptonian).

#9 Posted by Lvenger (16049 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact there are alternate suggestions made for how Man of Steel could, no should have ended easily debunks Snyder's claim that this was a no choice scenario. If being a Superman fan has taught me anything, there's always another choice.

#10 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

thats the problem

#11 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, i am sure Superman 2 never show us, they back at the Phanthom Zone, it wasnt clear if he killed them.

Also is called suicide by cop, i had explain this several times, Zod wanted to die like Harvey Dent.

Also if Zod is in a planet that Superman can send him, it means he can leave that planet too, since Superman leave the planet.

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

Another problem, if Zod powers dont work, Superman powers dont work, so both of them die.

Also even if he could fly at speed of light it would take him ages to do this.

@geoknowsbest said:

Superman convinces Zod to stop killing by telling him about the joys of human/kryptonian sexual encounters. Zod then takes a career in the adult film industry, having huge success with his (Put Dark Glasses on) Kneel Before Zod series.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

World Finest Best Band Ever!!!

Until they made the JL Band.

Take that Avengers!!!!

#12 Posted by consolemaster001 (4477 posts) - - Show Bio

He should have sent him to the phantom zone

#13 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

To all the Phantom Zone guys?

How he would do that, he destroy the machine, did you remember that?

#14 Edited by Batmanx2005 (372 posts) - - Show Bio

He could have sent zod to the phatom zone

#15 Posted by MuyJingo (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

1) If it wasn't a Goldilocks planet, how could he survive? His breathing apparatus/Kryptonian atmosphere helmet was broken during the battle in Smallville, so the planet would have to be one that is similar enough to Krypton's atmosphere that he could survive without it.

2) Superman was somewhat de-powered in Man of Steel. Even though he can fly incredibly fast to us, the nearest Goldilocks planet is incredibly far away, but he would have to find one with a red sun, which is most likely much, much, much farther. It would probably take him years, in which Zod could have just resumed battling him.

3) How the hell could he survive? He would be stuck on a planet trillions of miles away, with no powers and an atmosphere most likely unlike Krypton's, which would pain him incredibly (as we saw in the fight in Smallville). We don't know if the planet has any eatable substances, either.

I only suggested killing Zod could establish his no-kill rule in the sequels. I haven't read a script for Man of Steel 2, so I don't know. As for your final point, if he finds himself in the same situation, he might be forced to kill which would be a very emotional moment. However, he probably wouldn't have to as all Kryptonians are presumably dead, unless you count Doomsday (which wouldn't be as sad a moment as Doomsday is a genetically engineered creature made on Krypton, not a real Kryptonian).

1) A Goldilocks planet is a planet a similar size and distance from an earthlike sun as earth with water. That's pretty much it. What makes you think Krypton was a goldilocks planet? Or maybe I'm being too pedantic and you just mean a planet that Clark can survive on. Well, he can survive in space, which rules out him needing a goldilocks planet to survive.

2) We don't know how powerful he was. Maybe his passion to stop zod could untap his power, showing him to be more powerful than zod (similar to when we first saw his power after his mother was threatened). Maybe he wouldn't go to a planet but just drive zod as far away as possible, and manage to strand him somewhere safe.

3) Did you ever watch the khan episode of star trek? Because that's the example I gave. As long as he can breath and there was sustenance, he would survive, as lonely as it may be. It's a minor detail.

The thing is, writers take months to finish their scripts. I've spent a few minutes on this idea, but it still illustrates my point, that other options were available. There is a lot they could have done at the end differently which would have worked and taken Superman in a different direction. I don't understand why people argue against that, it's pretty basic.

As for a no kill rule in the sequels, you seem to have missed why that doesn't make sense. If he can kill in this movie because he feels he has no other option, he will kill in any subsequent movie because when he feels he has no other option.

#16 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5608 posts) - - Show Bio

1) I just looked up Goldilocks Planet and got this definition:

Colloquial term used to describe a planet with conditions suitable for life.

And I don't mean planet Clark can survive on, I mean a planet Zod can survive on. As you pointed out, Clark can survive in space, unless this is a solar system with a red sun, then Clark would either have to throw Zod at the planet and not be in the sun's rays, or just let both he and Zod die, which would, in the end, be killing Zod.

2) That would make sense, but think about it like this: When Zod was interrogating his mother and possibly close to killing her, he put out enough energy to smash through a 7-11 at a fast speed. Imagine how much rage it would take to fly through deep space. In my opinion, wanting to get rid the only other member of your thought-to-be-extinct species is far less emotional than saving your mother from probably being tortured if she didn't tell them the information.

3) No, I have not seen that episode, but there are a million possible problems about being stuck on an unknown planet. If it was a Goldilocks, he could survive, until he gets infected with an alien disease that his body is unprepared to fight off. Or, if this planet wasn't a Goldilocks, what would he eat? There would be no plant or animal life, so he would probably starve. It's an alien planet, we have no idea what could happen. The "oxygen" could turn out to be a different gas completely that builds up in your lungs when you breathe it, eventually clogging them. Who knows?

I completely understand that there are other options available, I'm not arguing against that. They could have made Superman stop him from killing the family by asking Zod to dance the polka with him. But in my opinion, the ending worked fine, and I think it was the best option in that situation. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

What if he was so horrified at himself from killing Zod that he made an oath to never take a life again? It could be a nice idea if written well.

#17 Posted by JonSmith (3814 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have been fine if, during the final fight with Zod, where they're duking it out, possibly killing thousands, you occasionally see a hint of a red blur in the background, making bystanders vanish.

After credits scene could have been Superman encountering and thanking the Flash for evacuating the city during the fight.

Ah, well.

#18 Edited by theoneA7 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Have Zod kill himself—Superman stops him from using his heat vision on that family. Zod, distraught over loosing Krypton and losing to Superman kills himself, while Superman pleads with him to not commit suicide. Superman is still anguished over Zod’s death.

Next scene is the survivors of Metropolis looking around at the destruction caused by Superman and Zod. Superman, distraught over what he did, tells the people that he is sorry for what has happened and that he is on their side and that they would hopefully come to trust him. A young child who is trapped calls out and Superman hears them. He helps them and begins to clean up the mess that he and Zod made of the city.

Clark submits an article about Superman to Perry White, who after reading that and several articles that Clark has written over the years while traveling, offers Clark a job. After meeting Lombard, Jenny and Lois, word goes out in the newsroom that a nuclear plant is on fire. Lois looks over at Clark’s desk and sees he isn’t there. Perry yells out for Lois to cover it, but she tells Perry that Clark is already on his way. Down a dark alley, Clark is seen opening his shirt revealing the symbol of the House of El. The last shot is a overhead shot of Superman flying to the fire.

#19 Posted by MuyJingo (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

1) I just looked up Goldilocks Planet and got this definition:

Colloquial term used to describe a planet with conditions suitable for life.

And I don't mean planet Clark can survive on, I mean a planet Zod can survive on. As you pointed out, Clark can survive in space, unless this is a solar system with a red sun, then Clark would either have to throw Zod at the planet and not be in the sun's rays, or just let both he and Zod die, which would, in the end, be killing Zod.

2) That would make sense, but think about it like this: When Zod was interrogating his mother and possibly close to killing her, he put out enough energy to smash through a 7-11 at a fast speed. Imagine how much rage it would take to fly through deep space. In my opinion, wanting to get rid the only other member of your thought-to-be-extinct species is far less emotional than saving your mother from probably being tortured if she didn't tell them the information.

3) No, I have not seen that episode, but there are a million possible problems about being stuck on an unknown planet. If it was a Goldilocks, he could survive, until he gets infected with an alien disease that his body is unprepared to fight off. Or, if this planet wasn't a Goldilocks, what would he eat? There would be no plant or animal life, so he would probably starve. It's an alien planet, we have no idea what could happen. The "oxygen" could turn out to be a different gas completely that builds up in your lungs when you breathe it, eventually clogging them. Who knows?

I completely understand that there are other options available, I'm not arguing against that. They could have made Superman stop him from killing the family by asking Zod to dance the polka with him. But in my opinion, the ending worked fine, and I think it was the best option in that situation. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

What if he was so horrified at himself from killing Zod that he made an oath to never take a life again? It could be a nice idea if written well.

I think you missed the point of some of what I wrote. We're getting bogged down in details, which is pointless.

1) If you read further into a goldolocks planet you will see it is limited to life as we understand it, i.e. life on earth. So, a planet with water of a similar size and a similar distance from a similar sun. That's not important though.

My point, without getting wrapped up in details, that he could fly him far, far away and strand him somewhere. That could be believably written, and it could work. Superman could have a strength advantage due to soaking up the suns rays for 33 years, so he could come back while Zod couldn't. It's a pretty simple idea, and the details could be worked out.

2) Gee, well maybe it would have been nice to see him having had enough of the hundreds of thousands dying around him, people he cares about due to the morals instilled in him, and suddenly react with passion and fly zod up, up and away. Again, my point is only that it could be written well.

3) Please, stop saying the word Goldilocks. A Goldilocks planet really doesn't matter when talking about aliens that can survive in space. Maybe he was close enough to a yellow sun that he could survive, but not be powerful? Alien disease doesn't have to come into it...again, it's fiction. It's actually a pretty basic idea, being stranded on a planet, that has worked well in a great many stories. It also would have worked well as the ending of MoS.

Making an oath never to kill again is meaningless, unless he could do something different when faced with the exact same situation and able to do something different.

If he is able to do something different than he did, then that is what he should have done.

#20 Posted by TheMysteriousMrBlack (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when Lois dies in Donner's Superman? How Supes hurls himself into the air with rage? Remember the look on Chris Reeve's face? Twisted. Pained. Screaming.

Well that's what I'm doing every time I see these comments about Superman killing Zod.

Get over it. Please?

He had no choice. No Phantom Zone - the ships with the phantom drives are gone. No flying through deep space to some far away planet (LOL!). Zod was genetically engineered to defend/preserve the Kryptonian race. Once they were all gone he had no purpose and said as much. He swore to kill every last one of us. Supes begged him to stop, he said "Never!". So Superman killed Zod and doing so grieved him to his core. Did you see it?

It's not like Superman set out to kill Zod. It wasn't premeditated or something. It seemed clear to me that with all that fighting Superman hoped to subdue Zod, right up to the moment he actually did kill him.

One more thing: Remember Superman II? When the de-powered Zod gets his hand crushed to pieces by Superman, before the Man of Steel, smiling, tosses him one-handed into an abyss. Strange how no one minds that one bit. Because it's the Donnerverse and we all (quite rightly) glow with affection when we think about it.

Overall I'm very happy with MoS, even the ending. Welcome back Superman, I've missed you.

#21 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

All of these endings are well... bad.

#22 Posted by ssejllenrad (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

Alternate to the destruction of Metropolis... Superman lures Zod out of the city making sure he is way out of civilization. They duke it out on a "deserted" piece of landscape where they destroy nature in an epic way.Who cares about nature. Animals, centuries-old forests, etc... They don't matter. People are the only thing that matters. He destroyed the World Machine in South Asia, destroying a big a*s mountain and people don't complain about that, right? Who cares about the other species? "HE SHOULD HAVE FOUGHT OUTSIDE THE CITY!" Right? Cause human civilization and the collateral damage it did cannot be fixed... Unlike nature.. Right? Cause we need to preserve our cities and destroy nature... RIGHT?!?!?!?! Cause that's what you whiners want, right? That he isolate the fight to a place where there are no people cause that's all that matters really.. People. He saved the entire planet from terraforming and all we whine about is one goddamn city who might just have been destroyed to a much larger scale had Supes not beat the crap out of Zod. Screw logic, right whiners?

Oh yeah I missed something! They could have just fought in the moon.. Yeah.. No life there... And ummm... Yeah cause doing some damage to the moon won't really send a lot of debris crashing down towards Earth.. Yeah that won't happen cause gravity doesn't exist.

#23 Posted by MuyJingo (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: You're pretty much right....scenery and animals would have been preferable to human casualties.

#24 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

Alternate to the destruction of Metropolis... Superman lures Zod out of the city making sure he is way out of civilization. They duke it out on a "deserted" piece of landscape where they destroy nature in an epic way.Who cares about nature. Animals, centuries-old forests, etc... They don't matter. People are the only thing that matters. He destroyed the World Machine in South Asia, destroying a big a*s mountain and people don't complain about that, right? Who cares about the other species? "HE SHOULD HAVE FOUGHT OUTSIDE THE CITY!" Right? Cause human civilization and the collateral damage it did cannot be fixed... Unlike nature.. Right? Cause we need to preserve our cities and destroy nature... RIGHT?!?!?!?! Cause that's what you whiners want, right? That he isolate the fight to a place where there are no people cause that's all that matters really.. People. He saved the entire planet from terraforming and all we whine about is one goddamn city who might just have been destroyed to a much larger scale had Supes not beat the crap out of Zod. Screw logic, right whiners?

Oh yeah I missed something! They could have just fought in the moon.. Yeah.. No life there... And ummm... Yeah cause doing some damage to the moon won't really send a lot of debris crashing down towards Earth.. Yeah that won't happen cause gravity doesn't exist.

HAHA!

#25 Posted by ssejllenrad (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: In that case, the lesson learned from the destruction of Krypton would have been in vain. The whole point of Krypton's destruction was because they preferred tech over natural resources... And to be honest, that is too much vanity for man. There are billions of people on earth (more than 99% supes saved BTW)... Cities can be rebuilt... Damages can be repaired. Mountains can't be rebuilt. Whole ecosystems can't be reestablished as easily as human populations, etc... And it is more acceptable to ruin the planet in its natural state than with people?!? That's pure vain BS.

#26 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5608 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: We should just stop arguing about the details now and just agree to disagree.

#27 Edited by MuyJingo (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Eh, I disagree. The destruction of krypton doesn't have to be a tech at the expense of nature story, it's just a story about ego.

@rulerofthisuniverse: Sure, but you made it about the details. My point was that there were other options, which you already conceded.

#28 Posted by ssejllenrad (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: still doesn't remove the fact people complaining about collateral damage in metropolis and want the destruction to have been outside the city are so full of vanity. To be honest, Superman going beyond that vanity is a show of Superman being above mere humans.

#29 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

So his a question I had after watching the movie. If Zod's sole purpose was to protect Kryptonians... why didn't he help Clark? I mean is Clark not a Kryptonian?

#30 Posted by ssejllenrad (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

@nova_prime_: if your sole purpose is to protect humanity as a whole (or what's left of it), would you help the single human that does not want you to save humanity?

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27379 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

Indeed. They need to get over it.

I wish people would get over the fact that some pepole didn't like the film

#32 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when Lois dies in Donner's Superman? How Supes hurls himself into the air with rage? Remember the look on Chris Reeve's face? Twisted. Pained. Screaming.

Well that's what I'm doing every time I see these comments about Superman killing Zod.

Get over it. Please?

He had no choice. No Phantom Zone - the ships with the phantom drives are gone. No flying through deep space to some far away planet (LOL!). Zod was genetically engineered to defend/preserve the Kryptonian race. Once they were all gone he had no purpose and said as much. He swore to kill every last one of us. Supes begged him to stop, he said "Never!". So Superman killed Zod and doing so grieved him to his core. Did you see it?

It's not like Superman set out to kill Zod. It wasn't premeditated or something. It seemed clear to me that with all that fighting Superman hoped to subdue Zod, right up to the moment he actually did kill him.

One more thing: Remember Superman II? When the de-powered Zod gets his hand crushed to pieces by Superman, before the Man of Steel, smiling, tosses him one-handed into an abyss. Strange how no one minds that one bit. Because it's the Donnerverse and we all (quite rightly) glow with affection when we think about it.

Overall I'm very happy with MoS, even the ending. Welcome back Superman, I've missed you.

QFT!!!!!

Best Reply to this subject ever.

They coul call used the Dragon Ball and called Sheng Long you know!!!!

Hahaha....

The worst is that people cry about Superman going to destroy the machine it would had kill all humans on earth and not the one that destroyed Metropolis, people complaint he decide to save earth over one city.

Also, Metropolis popullation must be like top 20 million humans, most of this people survive, since the destruction looks to be like only the downtown, so how many people died? 2 or 3 millions, so he decide to save over 6 billions humans over 2 or 3 millions and you complaint about this.

As big as the number looks, its actually very small number of humans.

#33 Posted by ssejllenrad (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

I have an alternate no-conflict ending... Since Zod only wants the best for his people, he leaves earth alone and strikes a deal with Superman. Supes will give him samples of his blood and in exchange, Zod does not terraform earth. Instead he terraforms a similar planet without killing a populace. I am of course talking about either Venus or Mars... He can have his pick.

#34 Posted by AkshunYadav (26 posts) - - Show Bio

"Overall I'm very happy with MoS, even the ending. Welcome back Superman, I've missed you"

my feelings exactly!!!

#35 Posted by MuyJingo (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: It has nothing to do with vanity. What an odd claim to make.It has everything to do with wanting a 75 year old comic book character to be portrayed....true to character.

#36 Edited by Ninjablade09 (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not like Superman wanted to kill him. If you all watched the scene before the big fight Superman tried to get Zod to give it up and start over make choices of his own. Even when they are talking a Zod says "There's only one way this ends Kal, either you die or I do." if you look a Clarks face you can see he is trying to not think about it. His main goal was to stop Zod, not kill him. Zod forced his hand when he tried to laser that family in half.

#37 Posted by ssejllenrad (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: I was talking about people wanting him to take the fight to somewhere "uncivilized". If that is not your stand then why be so defensive? If it is then you are guilty of it. My point is that if those people really want Superman to be the hero of a planet, they should be as pissed when mountains and and all that get destroyed as they are when cities get destroyed. It IS human vanity to care only for civilization and not nature. That is the mentality I was talking about.

And you may not agree with what the message about Krypton is, but it was highlighted two times in the film. They got destroyed because they exhausted their natural resources. It was said two times by Jor-El. I don't think you need to be a genius to see that it is a shout out at how humans and Kryptonians are similar in that we are so self-centered and are depleting our own resources for the comforts of civilization. Not to mention the whole "natural vs artificial" birth is a huge in-your-face message as to what the movie stands for. Of course you will not see these if you're in denial or just look at the superficial. But it is there whether you like it or not.

#38 Edited by MuyJingo (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: I was talking about people wanting him to take the fight to somewhere "uncivilized". If that is not your stand then why be so defensive? If it is then you are guilty of it. My point is that if those people really want Superman to be the hero of a planet, they should be as pissed when mountains and and all that get destroyed as they are when cities get destroyed. It IS human vanity to care only for civilization and not nature. That is the mentality I was talking about.

And you may not agree with what the message about Krypton is, but it was highlighted two times in the film. They got destroyed because they exhausted their natural resources. It was said two times by Jor-El. I don't think you need to be a genius to see that it is a shout out at how humans and Kryptonians are similar in that we are so self-centered and are depleting our own resources for the comforts of civilization. Not to mention the whole "natural vs artificial" birth is a huge in-your-face message as to what the movie stands for. Of course you will not see these if you're in denial or just look at the superficial. But it is there whether you like it or not.

The fight should have been taken somewhere uncivilized, or at the least it should have been attempted. I'm sorry, but humans lives are far, far more valuable than mountains and trees.

As for any Krypton parallel....I think it can be interpreted that way, sure. I just don't think it's the only interpretation. I'm not in denial or superficial, I'm just not silly enough to insist my interpretation is the correct one.

#39 Posted by ComicStooge (9689 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not like Superman wanted to kill him. If you all watched the scene before the big fight Superman tried to get Zod to give it up and start over make choices of his own. Even when they are talking a Zod says "There's only one way this ends Kal, either you die or I do." if you look a Clarks face you can see he is trying to not think about it. His main goal was to stop Zod, not kill him. Zod forced his hand when he tried to laser that family in half.

This.

#40 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: In what part?, if he did it in texas you people will be crying about it, also it would had side effects, people live all over the world and depende of the nature, if he destroy wild life in africa that would hurt the african people.

In an island, they could had cause a Tsunami.

The moon, if they destroy a part of the moon, it could destroy earth.

Also, Zod is not Vegeta, he is not going to move away because Superman told him.

Many people got mad because he destroy a city in the USA, Ironman destroyed a village in some Middle Eastern country and no one cried about the damage he cause to those human lifes.

This is because he choses the earth over the USA.

He belive american life worth as much as other lifes, that is blasphemy burn the eretic.