#1 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (17048 posts) - - Show Bio

At least its much better than Batman vs Superman or Batman/Superman or Man of Steel 2: Batman vs Superman or Man of Steel 2: Batman/Superman or whatever. Don't ya think?

#2 Posted by Fallschirmjager (11681 posts) - - Show Bio

The title hasn't been officially confirmed. But I agree. World's finest is not only iconic, but simple and powerful. It should be in the title.

Honestly...I would even call the movie "World's Finest" and be done with it - even if its suppose to be the Man of Steel 2. Honestly Man of Steel is a bit of a weak title itself given how the movie presented itself. "Last Son of Krypton" would be a title that fit the move much more IMO.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

i should be separate movie. MOS 2 can be about something else.

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be a film that follows the events of Man of Steel 2, but I have a strong feeling that "Batman vs Superman" will be primarily be a Superman sequel first but with Batman tossed in for the sake of expanding their cinematic universe and selling tickets.

#5 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

It should be a film that follows the events of Man of Steel 2, but I have a strong feeling that "Batman vs Superman" will be primarily be a Superman sequel first but with Batman tossed in for the sake of expanding their cinematic universe and selling tickets.

yeah, probably :P

#6 Posted by MonsterStomp (13323 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. World's Finest definitely sounds better.

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

My main giveaway for this assumption is that they refer to it as the Man of Steel sequel still and from what I've heard (I could be wrong) is that the cast of the first film are all returning, or at least most of them.

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

My main giveaway for this assumption is that they refer to it as the Man of Steel sequel still and from what I've heard (I could be wrong) is that the cast of the first film are all returning, or at least most of them.

It COULD be a sequel but it should Called worlds finest you know? i mean TECHNICALLY iron man 3 was a sequel too avengers so i don't see why they can't do that :)

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

It COULD be a sequel but it should Called worlds finest you know? i mean TECHNICALLY iron man 3 was a sequel too avengers so i don't see why they can't do that :)

I am in complete agreement. I think the title "Batman vs Superman" is foolish simply because it will be largely misleading for those completely unaware of the relationship between the two characters in comics.

#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

I am in complete agreement. I think the title "Batman vs Superman" is foolish simply because it will be largely misleading for those completely unaware of the relationship between the two characters in comics.

exactly, plus we already know that ben is not the Antagonist of the movie so it really doesn't make any sense.

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

World's Finest makes a great title, don't even need the MOS 2 part.

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

exactly, plus we already know that ben is not the Antagonist of the movie so it really doesn't make any sense.

Indeed, Batman will most likely play a supporting role alongside the rest of the cast to help support the lead character in his struggle with (reportedly) Lex Luthor leading the charge as the antagonist of the film.

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

Indeed, Batman will most likely play a supporting role alongside the rest of the cast to help support the lead character in his struggle with (reportedly) Lex Luthor leading the charge as the antagonist of the film.

though i Hope they have a small squabble :P

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Can we all agree that we're hoping like hell Lex isn't doing a real estate scheme?

#15 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

That's undoubtedly going to happen! Batman being the experienced hero, as the reports go to say, will probably try to school Superman in responsibility or something like that :P

#16 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

That's undoubtedly going to happen! Batman being the experienced hero, as the reports go to say, will probably try to school Superman in responsibility or something like that :P

then Superman ( while totally CHill) will probably prove he is boss or something :P, batman with Throw Gadgets and etc :P

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: To be honest if they were really going for a realistic version of what would happen in a Batman vs Superman fight then Superman is pretty much going to mop the floor with Batman but with Miller involved their will be enough Bat worship going on to make sure Batman isn't totally owned by Superman despite all logic saying he should be.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: To be honest if they were really going for a realistic version of what would happen in a Batman vs Superman fight then Superman is pretty much going to mop the floor with Batman but with Miller involved their will be enough Bat worship going on to make sure Batman isn't totally owned by Superman despite all logic saying he should be.

they won't Go with a Realistic rote because for one thing, Superman here is F*cking powerful lol, that's why the Nolan version would never work here, we need a more comic book version of batman

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Yea Superman as a character doesn't really work in a "gritty" real world setting. Mostly because if someone like him showed up in the real world the human race would either sink into primal fear mode or start to worship him as a god. Be honest folks it'd be one or the other.

#20 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Yea Superman as a character doesn't really work in a "gritty" real world setting. Mostly because if someone like him showed up in the real world the human race would either sink into primal fear mode or start to worship him as a god. Be honest folks it'd be one or the other.

won't worship him as a god but i'd think it's pretty cool :P, unless he destroys the world.

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: @joshmightbe: Honestly, I see the interaction between the two of them being rather representative of their first "battle", or encounter if you will, in the New 52 Justice League title. Superman takes everything Batman has but he could counter that with his smarts, using Clark's strength against him in a specific way or something.

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: See its easy to say that now but if it really happened, the animal part of your brain would pretty much force you into a fear response, similar to how I think bears are cool but if I was within 5 feet of one in the wild I'd probably s**t myself.

#23 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: See its easy to say that now but if it really happened, the animal part of your brain would pretty much force you into a fear response, similar to how I think bears are cool but if I was within 5 feet of one in the wild I'd probably s**t myself.

well DUH, because a bear can't think, if this SUPERHUMAN guys is really like superman and he's reasonable and stuff i might now be afraid of him, but it'll probably be a douche with powers >_>

#24 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: @joshmightbe: Honestly, I see the interaction between the two of them being rather representative of their first "battle", or encounter if you will, in the New 52 Justice League title. Superman takes everything Batman has but he could counter that with his smarts, using Clark's strength against him in a specific way or something.

it'll probably be like that

Or batman Lures him on his "TRAP TURF" an uses his stealth skills to hide. :P and attack clark from different directions.

#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: In the real world it'd definitely be a douche with powers.

#26 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

I figure they'll have their little scuffle while Lex is trying to turn the whole world against Superman but they'll figure out something is up and team up. Just going on my near 3 decades of reading super hero team ups here.

#27 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: In the real world it'd definitely be a douche with powers.

Power corrupts yes, but only if you allow it to. I believe it all depends on your upbringing. It might be a little cliche but there are those who are strong enough to respect the morals they were raised with and it becomes second nature, not something they are forced to abide by.

Of course, all of this is consequential on the person. There may be those who abuse that power or those who are unaffected.

#29 Posted by consolemaster001 (4488 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

World's Finest should definitely be in the title of the film. Just market Superman/Batman paired with World's Finest and people will know what you're on about.

#31 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: To be fair tho, nobody has ever had that kind of power and finding the Kents in real life or even someone willing to take the responsibility of raising someone with that kind of power is some pretty long odds against. Best case scenario, he becomes a benevolent dictator.

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: To be fair tho, nobody has ever had that kind of power and finding the Kents in real life or even someone willing to take the responsibility of raising someone with that kind of power is some pretty long odds against. Best case scenario, he becomes a benevolent dictator.

And I agree with that and I may be giving humanity the benefit of the doubt but I'd like to think that someone has the strength of morals to accept that. Although, growing up with that sort of power is different than someone adopting it later in their life. Those are the differentiating factors for me.

#33 Posted by CyberWarrior (1080 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. World's Finest definitely sounds better.

#34 Posted by Bezza (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a title worthy of DCs most iconic characters (with all due deference to Wonder Woman!)

#35 Edited by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't consider WF to be MOS 2.

#36 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

The title hasn't been officially confirmed. But I agree. World's finest is not only iconic, but simple and powerful. It should be in the title.

Honestly...I would even call the movie "World's Finest" and be done with it - even if its suppose to be the Man of Steel 2. Honestly Man of Steel is a bit of a weak title itself given how the movie presented itself. "Last Son of Krypton" would be a title that fit the move much more IMO.

Agreed. World's Finest!