• 95 results
#1 Posted by MB25 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

The only the problem I had with this was that it lasted way too long.

#2 Edited by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@mb25 said:

The only the problem I had with this was that it lasted way too long.

Really? The ONLY problem you had? How about that it was FAN VOTED like DC vs. Marvel and the fact that things seemed to be stacked against Thor from the get go when, in truth, Thor does have strength and durability in the vicinity of the man of steel with SOME comparable speed, and the fact that the ONLY reason Superman seemed to have won was because he was knocked into the Sun?

#3 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

This was sick. Really good live action showing.

Im glad they got the results right too.

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (6620 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good

#5 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure about the results....

#6 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

superman wins for sure,no problem

#7 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

superman wins for sure,no problem

Says the fangirl (or boy. I'm still not convinced you have two XX chromosomes).

#8 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Girl,please

what the hell "fangirl"?I'm just to express my point of view

#9 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Also,thor isnt has feats can put him on the superman power level, strength and durability and speed

Pre-52 superman can moved 1/3 of the earth.best strength feats,and superman took a supernova,thor just took a planet buster,

#10 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Also,thor isnt has feats can put him on the superman power level, strength and durability and speed

Pre-52 superman can moved 1/3 of the earth.best strength feats,and superman took a supernova,thor just took a planet buster,

Beta-Ray bill, however, with powers AT LEAST slightly less than Thor's once DIVED INTO A SUN going Supernova and Thor himself once fought a dude in the heart of a star.

#11 Edited by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Girl,please

what the hell "fangirl"?I'm just to express my point of view

Yeah but, the thing is, since you're so OBVIOUSLY biased against one side, your point of view's validity comes into question.

#12 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't care about the results and bickering of fanboys from either side. I loved the battle.

#13 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: I'm not against who,I'm read them feats,can you show me thor move planet strength feats?

thor into supernova?scan?

#14 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@negamegas

: What do you think of this battle?

P.S. Can't talk to you in FB as of late cause it's been blocked at my work... Nyehehehehehehehe!

#15 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's Beta Ray Bill:

#16 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Pre-52 superman also can into the sun,even a nuke weapon was far hotter than sun'core

#17 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

Im going to make a couple of assumptions that arent shown in the source material to make this as fair as possible: 1) Thor is as durable as Supes (or even Beta Ray Bill) 2) Thor is as strong as supes 3) Thor is Superman's equal in striking force.

Ok, all the above is assumed, but even assuming EVERYTHING ELSE IS EQUAL, Superman's speed is millions of times greater than Thors. Unless Thor can hit Superman at the end of a Wormhole, he will not move even close to Superman's speed. If Bruce Lee fought Bruce Lee, but one Bruce Lee was millions of times faster, its still no contest. Nanosecond KO.

But honestly, I think Thors strength and durability, and everything except energy projection, is nowhere near Superman's. Honestly, if I wanted to be really judgmental about this video, i'd say that Thor lasted far too long.

#18 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Yes,I agree you point,I'm always talking the true,just read them feats,never against anyone

#19 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Im going to make a couple of assumptions that arent shown in the source material to make this as fair as possible: 1) Thor is as durable as Supes (or even Beta Ray Bill) 2) Thor is as strong as supes 3) Thor is Superman's equal in striking force.

Ok, all the above is assumed, but even assuming EVERYTHING ELSE IS EQUAL, Superman's speed is millions of times greater than Thors. Unless Thor can hit Superman at the end of a Wormhole, he will not move even close to Superman's speed. If Bruce Lee fought Bruce Lee, but one Bruce Lee was millions of times faster, its still no contest. Nanosecond KO.

But honestly, I think Thors strength and durability, and everything except energy projection, is nowhere near Superman's. Honestly, if I wanted to be really judgmental about this video, i'd say that Thor lasted far too long.

Millions of Times faster? Where's this claim coming from? Also, Thor has been shown moving at somewhere around 3 times the speed of light.

Just check out this Respect thread for feats and stuff for Thor:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t522796.html

And check out THIS respect thread for Bill, whose either slightly less than Thor in terms of power or equal.

http://www.factpiletopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31785

#20 Posted by Bogey (948 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman held back.

#21 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees:

1. In his first appearance, BRB beat Thor Mano y Mano, Man to Man. I dont necessarily buy that his feats apply to Thor, or that Thor is his superior.
  2. Superman was shown to go around 300 times the speed of light in Red Hood in the Outlaws. Also, Thor can only move at light speed by going through hyperspace, which is pretty useless in combat. In combat speed, he was shown to be SLOWER THAN WOLVERINE, and Cap even called him slow. His best feats, which only really apply to classic Thor and should be really called PIS anyway, show Microsecond reaction speeds, which are almost indescribably slow compared to Superman's Nanosecond reaction times (a millionth of a second vs a BILLIONTH of a second).
  3. Ive seen Thor respect threads, but nobody's respect threads compare to Supes (not that Respect Threads are the end all be all of Forum evidence). Also, with Thor it is important to note, the current guy is nowhere near as powerful as Classic Thor.

Thor is Marvel's go to guy so far as heavy hitters go, but Marvel should really focus on promoting, and using Silver Surfer to his fullest. He is Superman's closest peer (and even his superior) when written to his max (and not jobbing to the likes of Thor or Hulk).

#22 Posted by Ms. Omega (4501 posts) - - Show Bio

Dayum that was impressive.

#23 Edited by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees:

1. In his first appearance, BRB beat Thor Mano y Mano, Man to Man. I dont necessarily buy that his feats apply to Thor, or that Thor is his superior.
  2. Superman was shown to go around 300 times the speed of light in Red Hood in the Outlaws. Also, Thor can only move at light speed by going through hyperspace, which is pretty useless in combat. In combat speed, he was shown to be SLOWER THAN WOLVERINE, and Cap even called him slow. His best feats, which only really apply to classic Thor and should be really called PIS anyway, show Microsecond reaction speeds, which are almost indescribably slow compared to Superman's Nanosecond reaction times (a millionth of a second vs a BILLIONTH of a second).
  3. Ive seen Thor respect threads, but nobody's respect threads compare to Supes (not that Respect Threads are the end all be all of Forum evidence). Also, with Thor it is important to note, the current guy is nowhere near as powerful as Classic Thor.

Thor is Marvel's go to guy so far as heavy hitters go, but Marvel should really focus on promoting, and using Silver Surfer to his fullest. He is Superman's closest peer (and even his superior) when written to his max (and not jobbing to the likes of Thor or Hulk).

We're talking POST Crises Supes here brah.

That Hyperspace thing is a misconception.

The hell's the difference between Classic Thor and Current Thor? I've heard this a lot, but the thing is, Marvel has NEVER undergone the radical restructuring DC has in its Universe, so, feats that happened way back when, unless other wise noted, STILL COUNT. Including Thor resisting the crushing weight of a score of planets, the crushing weight of a neutron star, and etc, etc, etc, from 616.

#24 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@hewhosees:

The hell's the difference between Classic Thor and Current Thor? I've heard this a lot, but the thing is, Marvel has NEVER undergone the radical restructuring DC has in its Universe, so, feats that happened way back when, unless other wise noted, STILL COUNT. Including Thor resisting the crushing weight of a score of planets, the crushing weight of a neutron star, and etc, etc, etc, from 616.

I've only named Post-Crisis feats. Shoot, the 300 times lightspeed feat is from the New 52 even.

How is the Hyperspace thing a misconception? He is always shown travelling long distances through wormholes or even dimensional gates. He could get dragged by his hammer at great speeds, but that is useless in a fight.

The Classic Thor thing comes from the fact he has not shown the ability to perform any of those feats for a while. Most people on forums generally make the distinction, as they are practically two different characters. Regardless, it doesnt change what I said about his best speed feat showing Microsecond reflexes, which is significantly slower than nanosecond speed. And thats actually a perfect example, youre telling me the same guy can have Microsecond speed, and simultaneously get punked on by Wolverine (a street leveler) or made fun of by Cap (A street leveler as well)? And you realize Superman has literally held up infinite weight on two separate occasions right? And yes that is Post-Crisis Superman.

#25 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees:

Eh, Thor was just jobbing there so that the writers could prove that, even before Bill gets the hammer, that he's a cool dude.

#26 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel charater never move earth to prove them strength....

However,superman wins

#27 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@hewhosees:

I've only named Post-Crisis feats. Shoot, the 300 times lightspeed feat is from the New 52 even.

How is the Hyperspace thing a misconception? He is always shown travelling long distances through wormholes or even dimensional gates. He could get dragged by his hammer at great speeds, but that is useless in a fight.

The Classic Thor thing comes from the fact he has not shown the ability to perform any of those feats for a while. Most people on forums generally make the distinction, as they are practically two different characters. Regardless, it doesnt change what I said about his best speed feat showing Microsecond reflexes, which is significantly slower than nanosecond speed. And thats actually a perfect example, youre telling me the same guy can have Microsecond speed, and simultaneously get punked on by Wolverine (a street leveler) or made fun of by Cap (A street leveler as well)? And you realize Superman has literally held up infinite weight on two separate occasions right? And yes that is Post-Crisis Superman.

Post Crises is NOT the New 52. When people say Post-Crises Superman, they mean the Superman that came AFTER crises, but before New 52.

#28 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

However,superman wins

Yeah, but I don't recall Post Crises Supes busting several planets to stop Galactus from eating them.

#29 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Well.destroy planet isnt mean raw strength, is need energy or impact force,and you need consider a planet's mass, density, size,unless marvel 100 % tell us,this planet density,size,mass,it would be legal,if we dont know this planet size,density,mass,it isnt Impressive,if this planet just death planet or weak planet something

#30 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Well.destroy planet isnt mean raw strength, is need energy or impact force,and you need consider a planet's mass, density, size,unless marvel 100 % tell us,this planet density,size,mass,it would be legal,if we dont know this planet size,density,mass,it isnt Impressive,if this planet just death planet or weak planet something

What's the smallest before something isn't called a planet?

#31 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Post-Crisis/ Pre-52 Superman has shot across the galaxy on many occasions, gone from the sun and back to earth in minutes, Batman said he could move at least at 17 Billion Km/Hour (almost 17 times the speed of light), so its not all that relevant anyway. I was just using the most recent example; also, on the site, DC characters used are usually an amalgam of pre-52 and new-52 unless otherwise specified. Either way though, Superman is a lot faster than the speed of light.

@powerwoman said:

However,superman wins

Yeah, but I don't recall Post Crises Supes busting several planets to stop Galactus from eating them.

When did Thor do this? Im skeptical.

#32 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

That was incredibly well made, regardless of the outcome. (But damn, thor was annoying)

#33 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Post-Crisis/ Pre-52 Superman has shot across the galaxy on many occasions, gone from the sun and back to earth in minutes, Batman said he could move at least at 17 Billion Km/Hour (almost 17 times the speed of light), so its not all that relevant anyway. I was just using the most recent example; also, on the site, DC characters used are usually an amalgam of pre-52 and new-52 unless otherwise specified. Either way though, Superman is a lot faster than the speed of light.

@hewhosees said:

@powerwoman said:

However,superman wins

He didn't. Beta Ray Bill did and he's considered to be equal to Thor, as I just said.

Also, with all the stuff you're bringing out, you ever consider fact pile? Because Post-Crises Justice League (keep in mind, when they mean Post-Crises there, they MEAN Post-Crises, not New-52) with Darkseid, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Aquaman, Batman, and Hal Jordan seem to be (so they say) losing to Thanos and the Annihilators.

http://www.factpile.com/9031-darkseid-justice-league-vs-thanos-annihilators/#comments

Keep in mind that morals are on.

#34 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees:

only we know thing would be legal

our the earth

our the sun

our the galaxy

our entire universe

these can be quantitative

unknow planet

unknow galaxy

unknow universe

these can not be quantitative

I'm say,destroy planet feats we need to know this planet mass, density, size,if this just a unknow planet,we should be to know it,not small,like if this planet is fragile or death planet,it would be not Impressive,and destroy has many way,energy? impact force?

if just energy,this isnt raw strength,if just impact force,more like durable feats not strength feats,like hulk destroy a asteroid,just durable feats

#35 Edited by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: superman vs thanos I'm already explain it,not Impressive as well

#36 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: BRB has nothing to do with Thor, they do not share feats.

And I dont know anything about factpile, but what bearing does Thanos and the Annihilators v the JLA have to do with Superman vs Thor? A more relevant question would be the Avengers v the JLA, and everyone knows the Justice League would stomp.

#37 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: eh,i think brb feats can applies to thor,they are just same thing,and equal to power level,but even so,he just took a planet buster

I know thor "score of planets" and "crushing weight of a neutron star"feats

but sadly,these just hyperbole,just a panel,thor never really do these feats

#38 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees said:

@powerwoman said:

However,superman wins

Also, the reason Bill won their first fight was because of the artificial limitation Thor had and the reason Bill won against Thor when Odin made them fight for who gets the hammer is because Odin rigged the match for Thor to lose in Skartheim. In case your wondering, Skartheim is a hellish wasteland and since Bill's people are naturally enhanced by warm climates, he was the first one to wake up after the both of them succumbed to exhaustion.

#39 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: the thor and BRB was equal to power level,this for sure,no problem,I agree this

#40 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: the thor and BRB was equal to power level,this for sure,no problem,I agree this

I disagree, just like I reject the premise the one Kryptonians feats apply to all.

Still, if this was Supes v BRB, I still have no doubt that Superman would own.

#41 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

And I dont know anything about factpile, but what bearing does Thanos and the Annihilators v the JLA have to do with Superman vs Thor? A more relevant question would be the Avengers v the JLA, and everyone knows the Justice League would stomp.

The fact that DC is losing and I'm wondering to see what you'd do with that information.

#42 Edited by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman said:

I disagree, just like I reject the premise the one Kryptonians feats apply to all.

The PROBLEM I have is that it was due to FAN VOTES.

If you're going to do something like this, do you research man!

#43 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

The fact that DC is losing and I'm wondering to see what you'd do with that information.

Nothing, as I said, I dont know anything about Factpile. What difference does their users voting one way or another have to do with me? I dont feel there is anything relevant about that battle and this one anyway. Plus, there are some "non-cosmic" level beings on the JLA who are likely to drag them down in such a discussion.

#44 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Why not?lol,the BRB was equal to thor,If you just see feats,Doomsday never moved earth,wonder woman can help superman moved earth,is that mean wonder woman strongert han doomsday?!

Look,i know you dont agree superman feats apply to other kryptonians,but these was no reason,ZOD can fight with superman,toe with toe,I can saved say he can do anything superman can,but ZOD never moved our earth,is that mean wonder woman stronger than him?Nope

There is something is can be share feats,something cant,like Irrelevant characters,a Daxam(mon-el) say they are equal to kryptonians,but they are no feats can prove it,so they are cant share feats to kryptonians,but a normal kryptonians can equal to superman,or at least very close to him,so in the logic,he can do anything superman can do,because superman also was a kryptonian,they are was same thing,not like mon-el,he not kryptonian,just a daxam,unless any daxam has great feats to match kryptonians,if cant,yes,they are cant share feats to superman(kryptonians)

#45 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Nothing, as I said, I dont know anything about Factpile. What difference does their users voting one way or another have to do with me? I dont feel there is anything relevant about that battle and this one anyway. Plus, there are some "non-cosmic" level beings on the JLA who are likely to drag them down in such a discussion.

So, you're pretty much admitting that your a biggoted fanboy whose not willing to see feats from the other side and try to find ACTUAL scans that counter it and support your claims? Damn. I thought I could curb your bias into something productive there on factpile. You seem to have that zealous drive man! Perhaps TOO zealous though.

Oh well. I tried to find an ally.

#46 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@powerwoman said:

The PROBLEM I have is that it was due to FAN VOTES.

If you're going to do something like this, do you research man!

Fair enough, and if you want to see a more nuanced comparison of these two characters, you can look at the threads around here. Theres a lot of knowledgeable folks around here, and as far as i've seen, Supes almost always comes out on top (except with those who have Thor Avatars).

#47 Edited by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Dont say fanboy,there no one is fanboy,thor is good,but just not enough

#48 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Dont say fanboy,there no one is fanboy,thor is good,but just not enough

Find. I apologize.

Anyways Gonzo, what do you think about this?

http://www.factpile.com/7727-heralds-of-galactus-vs-justice-league/

#49 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyways, I was just saying that I was hoping his blatant DC fanboyism could be used to balance out A LOT of the debates on fact pile involving DC and Marvel characters which seemed to be dominated by assholes from the latter side who just love to talk and talk and talk. Not trolls, mind you, but a bunch of asshats none the less.

#50 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@hewhosees said:

@deaditegonzo said:

So, you're pretty much admitting that your a biggoted fanboy whose not willing to see feats from the other side and try to find ACTUAL scans that counter it and support your claims? Damn. I thought I could curb your bias into something productive there on factpile. You seem to have that zealous drive man! Perhaps TOO zealous though.

Oh well. I tried to find an ally.

Bigoted because I dont know anything about Factpile? Yeah, should have known not to bother talking with you after your whole spiel about people being shallow.

Of note, youve posted no scans.

Anyway, feats dont apply to characters other than themselves. Its like saying one Baseball players batting average applies to another, as they both play baseball. There may be a similarity in the average amongst a people or race, but the similarities could never be quantified precise enough to say one character is the exact same as another.