#1 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1945 posts) - - Show Bio

In Superman Unchained #3: So all of a sudden Lois Lane is Lara Croft as written by Scott Snyder. She's fearless, she can fly military planes, she's more impressive than US Army soldiers. She knows the pressure points of airplane windows and... she's doing everything but reporting. I'm annoyed. Yea Lois is a daredevil, smart, and a great reporter but all of a sudden she's a GI Joe bad ass! Did doc oct posses her as well? Lol

#3 Posted by Squalleon (5005 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see the problem she is completely in character. A daredevil reporter like Lois must have a lot of skills to survive. Also she is a military brat,literally grew up on military bases.
You are making a big deal out of nothing.

#4 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1456 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see the problem she is completely in character. A daredevil reporter like Lois must have a lot of skills to survive. Also she is a military brat,literally grew up on military bases.

#5 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^ What they said...

#6 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

im guessing Army Brat has lost all meaning.

#7 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically this.

I'm guessing she must've picked up on a fair amount of knowledge all those years of reporting.

#8 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1945 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I understand. I know of her military brat angle. That does not make her an accomplished military pilot, landing planes in the ocean and stuff. You know how much training military pilots have? Anyways I think it's too much. Wtf is she a reporter then?

#9 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I understand. I know of her military brat angle. That does not make her an accomplished military pilot, landing planes in the ocean and stuff. You know how much training military pilots have? Anyways I think it's too much. Wtf is she a reporter then?

I don't know, I haven't read the issue. Heat of the moment and sheer luck maybe?

#10 Posted by SanoHibiki (1778 posts) - - Show Bio

Lois skillset different in different medias. In Superman the Movie, its sequels and in SR she looks like very good reporter and brave woman, but that it. In comics she portrayed as military brat and all following from that. But she really doesn’t look to me like Lara Croft in Unchained. Besides, she said that she passed water-landing in simulation 5 times, so she didn’t just looked once on piloting and then suddenly learned it herself. She trained for it, plus landing itself doesn’t look very successful. For all we know they lived through crushing-landing because that Lex-look-alike dude with crystal saved them.

#11 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1945 posts) - - Show Bio