Logically, shouldn't Superman be more skilled?

• 77 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Big guy isn't usually praised for his skill, but logically, shouldn't he be equal to, or higher in fighting skill than Batman?

He can read books in a couple seconds and process information at insane levels.. you'd think the least he could do is watch some MMA DVDs and brush up on his round house kicks.

If Batman can learn 120 something martial arts, Superman realistically should be able to do that and create a few of his own along the way.

Not that Superman isn't a somewhat skilled fighter, but he isn't exceptional despite his potential.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He should stay the way he is. He already gets called OP. No need to give him any uber martial arts skills.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, because Batman fans would cry.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind Superman being a skilled fighter since its odd he isnt. Superman knows for a fact someone going to start a fight that he has to finish.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does he need to know how to fight? He's Superman. He can snap your spine by tapping with his fingers. Darkseid and Mongul aren't even that skilled, just strong and fast enough that it dosent matter.

nightwing444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nightwing444

@i_like_swords: Its because Logic in comics smokes funnier stuff than Charlie Sheen

Also Batman fans would cry, Flash fans would cry, WW fans would cry, Marvel fans would cry and quickly introduce sentry v2./ Universe breaker hulk/Emperor Thor and blatantly claim these are better characters

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer

Doesn't he already have some skill in boxing?...So there is that...but then I guess that it wouldn't really help being a super powered being.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@nightwing444:

No need for Emperor Thor, Rune King is good enough.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

The reason why:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Superman is so powerful already that any MA tricks from mere humans won't even tickle him. Besides collosal levels of strength, speed and agility coupled with training is already taken by Wonder Woman.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

SHTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SHTR

Well, he's no pushover either

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@blackwind:

Actually Superman is trained in Hand to Hand combat skills. I think most people think he is only muscles due to superheroes with superstrenght in most cases arent very inteligent or very skilled (cases like The Hulk). Plus everytime that any character becomes too powerful they create something to make them weak, to be immune or to defeat them

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dayvid3

I always thought so, at least logically. He has the brains and discipline. It would make his fights a mismatch though, like if he always used his superspeed

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He's not disciplined enough.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Ppl have said it already..... Because non super fans couldn't stomach it, IMO he's already a skilled surgeon, he should be able to learn to fight well. We've seen instances of him being trained by either WW or Bats and it's very logical for him to match or even surpass them in skill with practice with the way his body works and all but I don't think writers wanna risk it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alot of people already think he is overpowered, the last thing he needs is additional abilities.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

He should stay the way he is. He already gets called OP. No need to give him any uber martial arts skills.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Superman should be a trained boxer and wrestler. Not on the level of Batman of course, but enough to throw a couple jabs, a few haymakers, and some takedowns followed by a triangle choke. Imagine how cool it would be to see Superman put one of his villains in a triangle choke lol

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Superman is a good enough fighter. Superman isn't the type of character who is motivated to be the best fighter or the strongest being in the universe. As long as its good enough that's fine with him.

Batman has to be the best martial artist in the world as he's completely human. If he ever got into a situation where he was fighting a super powered being he has to rely on superior skill (and gadgets) to win.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana should teach Clark some advanced fighing styles in their new book.

He should at least learn some holds and joint attacks because just punching the bad guy doesn't always work (especially if the bad guy punches harder than him)

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: lol wut? Guy is the strongest being on the planet yet devotes his life to protecting it. Sounds like a real hooligan.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's already OP. If DC makes him even more ridiculous than he already is, I'm smelling a reboot.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SandMan_

Keep consistency DC please.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: lol, like they call supers op, while disregarding the library filled characters who are just or more powerful than him.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By joshmightbe
Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't apply logic to where it doesn't belong!!!

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deaditegonzo

@sandman_ said:

@deaditegonzo: lol, like they call supers op, while disregarding the library filled characters who are just or more powerful than him.

Thats the crazy thing, whenever I say Batman loses to LITERALLY any character (any character, for example Superman), a ton of his fans jump in and throw a huge fit and say through preptime he'd beat whoever he is up against. But they always pull the "Superman is op and boring" card. Uh what? Isnt OP being able to win any fight (with literal PIS powers)?

@joshmightbe said:

@deaditegonzo: personal amusement?

Im beginning to not think its funny. :p

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: You mean fanboys, not fans. My favorite character is Batman, and I know he can't beat characters at the level of Superman except in incredibly specific situations.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: yup and they're answer to everything "because he's Batman". Show the level of ignorance and immaturity they have. Not all of them are like that...just most.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: If I were a writer for Superman or Batman the Bat fans would hate me because whenever Batman had to fight Superman without kryptonite I would write what would logically happen if a non powered human tried to fist fight a god.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deaditegonzo

@deaditegonzo: If I were a writer for Superman or Batman the Bat fans would hate me because whenever Batman had to fight Superman without kryptonite I would write what would logically happen if a non powered human tried to fist fight a god.

Even with Kryptonite. Just like that scan posted here where Batman is possessed by the Kryptonite Man, and Supes is able to move so fast that he is never effected by the radiation and paralyzes and imprisons Batman in Lead before he can even move. That is how every encounter should go. Supes doesnt need to be bloodlusted to beat Batman 100% of the time, the fact that Batmans pathetic human perception cannot of even keep up with Superman's movements means he loses every fight, Knite or not. Goodness forbid Supes ever does fight him bloodlusted though, because that would look like a human vs a caterpillar.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

Thats the crazy thing, whenever I say Batman loses to LITERALLY any character (any character, for example Superman), a ton of his fans jump in and throw a huge fit and say through preptime he'd beat whoever he is up against. But they always pull the "Superman is op and boring" card. Uh what? Isnt OP being able to win any fight (with literal PIS powers)?

@joshmightbe said:

@deaditegonzo: personal amusement?

Im beginning to not think its funny. :p

The people who jump onto you whenever you say Batman loses, and call Supes overpowered are not Batman fans, but fanboys. Learn the difference.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: @deaditegonzo: Such an overwhelming amount ignorance in your posts.... Eh, I guess instead of arguing with it, I'll back out of this thread slowly and leave it to you for your pathetic stereotypes of Batman fans.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people who jump onto you whenever you say Batman loses, and call Supes overpowered are not Batman fans, but fanboys. Learn the difference.

Using you as an example at hand, they sure do look like the same thing.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wolverine008

@sandman_:

No actually, "most" Batman fans don't say he wins "Because he's Batman". Those are a small minority of fanboys. It just looks like there are a lot of them because they are very loud.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Dude, these are obviously Superman fanboys that cannot be reasoned with. I highly suggest you abandon thread immediately.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo:

I've never gotten angry because Batman loses, and I don't think Superman is overpowered (lots of people are more powerful than him). So, what's your point man?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: @deaditegonzo: Such an overwhelming amount ignorance in your posts.... Eh, I guess instead of arguing with it, I'll back out of this thread slowly and leave it to you for your pathetic stereotypes of Batman fans.

Im not going to defend myself here, as years of fandom have made me cynical, but @sandman_ generally gives everyone the benefit of the doubt.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: there is quite a lot of those man...especially on YouTube.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Eh, like I said fanboys (who are an extremely small minority) are very loud to make up for their numbers disadvantage. They aren't the minority.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I'm not sure about his other posts because I haven't seen him before, but both of you used Batman fans stereotypes, which, in reality, are only used by a very small percentage of Batman fanboys.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: even you would say they are stupid if you see the sh#t they post.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I don't get is why Superman and Batman fans can't get along. We are fans of two of comics arguably greatest heroes ever made. Why can't we just be cool with each other?

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big guy isn't usually praised for his skill, but logically, shouldn't he be equal to, or higher in fighting skill than Batman?

He can read books in a couple seconds and process information at insane levels.. you'd think the least he could do is watch some MMA DVDs and brush up on his round house kicks.

If Batman can learn 120 something martial arts, Superman realistically should be able to do that and create a few of his own along the way.

Not that Superman isn't a somewhat skilled fighter, but he isn't exceptional despite his potential.

Because then the Goku comparisons would be even HARDER to avoid silly!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wolverine008

@sandman_: We are among a very few my friend. We must stick together! Lol.