LEGO Superman ACTION COMICS #1 SDCC Exclusive Set Revealed

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

San Diego Comic-Con is getting closer and closer. There's usually many exclusive items that can only be purchased (or attempted to be purchased) at the show. We've already seen some Marvel and Star Wars exclusive LEGO items but it turns out there's more.

Collider has posted the first look at a LEGO Superman exclusive set based on the iconic cover to 1938's ACTION COMICS #1.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here's the info on how you can try to get it.

LEGO® DC Comics Super Heroes

Superman is showing off his powers in this exclusive retail set only available for sale at Comic-Con

Action Comics #1 Superman™

o Ages 8-14

o 145 pieces

o $39.99

LEGO SDCC Retail Exclusives: Winning ticket required for purchase

You must first enter the drawing by picking up a ticket (see below) and then attendees go to the LEGO booth to redeem their ticket if they have a winning ticket and purchase the set at the LEGO booth. The LEGO booth will be located in Hall D, booth #2829.

Ticket Drawing Location:Pavilion Terrace (Upper level outside Sails Pavilion).

Attendees must first enter the main Convention Center entrance from the line at the front of the main building. Entry to the LEGO retail drawing at the Sails Pavilion will be from this line. Depending on the crowds, this line may start moving as early as 7:00am until supplies last.

Location includes multiple stairs. ADA attendees with mobility issues should go to the lobby B doors and use the glass elevators for access to the Sails Pavilion. They will be let up to the Sails Pavilion at the same time as the rest of the attendees.

• Attendee badges onlyOne drawing per person, per day
  • Handicapped participants are encouraged to utilize official SDCC placeholder
  • Random drawing is for a chance to get a ticket to purchase at the LEGO Booth
  • Sets will not be distributed at the Pavilion TerraceMust redeem ticket that day

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Still waiting for my Twin Peaks Lego set......

No Caption Provided
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Billy_Cobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

While this is really cool, it doesn't look like anything unique to this one set. One could probably make it exactly piece for piece for less that $40 dollars. It would be better if Superman had the original logo.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By amazing_webhead
Loading Video...

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

When I first clicked on this article, I was really impressed with Lego's effort on this SDCC exclusive. Then I realized that its a standard Superman minifig which has been released a million times already, rather than a first appearance variant. Then I saw the pricetag, which is at-least twice as much (probably closer to 3x) as a similar lego set would go for in stores. Even with their bizarrely marked up prices.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Neat.

It would have been even more awesome if Superman "wore" the GA suit.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@longbowhunter said:

Aww, where can I pre-order that set, or alternatively get the list of LEGO pieces needed to rebuild?

I still can't believe we're going to see more of Coop very soon like a dream come true!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wait? 40$

Man, and I thought comics are expensive.

Avatar image for the_kid_lantern
The_Kid_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

While this is really cool, it doesn't look like anything unique to this one set. One could probably make it exactly piece for piece for less that $40 dollars. It would be better if Superman had the original logo.

I was hoping for the classic yellow badge like S and some minor details around the boots and wrists... and at least one civilian who could've been the driver to be one of the guys running from the scene...

~KL~