Krypton Returns to the DC Universe and Superboy vs Superboy

• 124 results
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@drgnx: Not just condenscending but arrogant and pretentious too. If he addressed me in a more respectful manner, I'd be inclined not to be so defensive. But as it stands, I am. He also accused me of being someone else, some guy called Outside who's been on a crusade against him.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lvenger said:

@drgnx: Not just condenscending but arrogant and pretentious too. If he addressed me in a more respectful manner, I'd be inclined not to be so defensive. But as it stands, I am. He also accused me of being someone else, some guy called Outside who's been on a crusade against him.

To be fair, I wasn't referring to the post that came after the one I quoted from you, the ones before that were not the worst I've seen on forums ... now it is just getting unruly....

Scott_Lobdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Scott_Lobdell

Wow, Lvenger. You are scaring me now with how out of touch you are.

To be clear.

The "Mr. Mature" line was yours, I referenced that in my reply

The Outside comments were directed at Outside85.

Sorry that I didn't cut and paste your names so you knew specifically who I was talking to... but, you know, I am happy that I brought you to fits of giggling through you total misunderstanding of what I said.

That said, your hysterical "get me to a fainting couch" nonsense has bored me into submission. I won't be addressing you again.

But I did like drgnx's advice: I'll just talk about the comics!

In fact, I think I'm going to start my own topic!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Lvenger

@scott_lobdell: Fine I apologise for mistaking that comment as aimed at me. At least I'm willing to admit that I'm in the wrong about something. I'll end this conversation now since this is getting out of hand.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow...Sh*t just got real.

Chill guys.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Lvenger

@sandman_: It's fine now. Mr Lobdell and I have ended the conversation

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic writers say the darndest things.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: We have are PM to finish up...You ready?

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey some on here keep calling Jon lane kent the new Prime,to those I would say,NO he isn't.he isn't a Clark kent from a alternate universe,and he isn't Match,a superior copy of superboy either.he is Lois and Clark's future child,Harvest pretty much wiped his future away by showing up in the past.kon is cloned from him,with extra genetic glue from Lois and Clark,because of Jon's genetic instability.he has TTK,not kryptonian powers,he lived his life,and had his powers since he was a baby.

And hey @PowerWoman two things.one being the only feat I need is that kon took everything Kara could give him,and he stopped her cold,easily,and only after he was asking asking questions while she was attacking him,and he was done.it doesn't matter if he sat and watched tv for the other 20 issues,Kara got plunked.secondly strength by itself doesn't mean you can lift anything,something's will fall apart from the stress,that's why superman struggled with it,and having Wonder Woman shore it up to balance it makes sense,it didnt fall apart then,it would have if superman just lifted it alone.now superboys TTK could lift it easily,that is what the concept came from,a Byrne invention for superman,not used anymore.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@lvenger: That would be me.

And Outside, for the first six months you swore that when your subscription was over you were moving on from Titans and you would end your constant crusading against me. Clearly you are still reading the book and clearly you just can't resist slamming me or the book no matter the occasion. Seriously, you have to have something more going on in your life, no? Real life friends? Family that might encourage you to step away from the keyboard once and a while and understand that you don't have to constantly rip on a total stranger so that you can feel better about yourself?

It is going on two years now that I've been writing the book. Don't you think is enough time spent sliming me?

Let's say, between Twitter, Comicvine and CBR you average say, three posts a month with your slams against me. At 24 months that is about 76 posts you've dedicated to disparaging me. I dare say you've made your point.

For the most part I have only been looking at TT when something from the blurb about it seemed midly interesting. Atm I am quite correctly buying again... butthat because someone at DC in a spur of innovation that would astound a glacier decided to stuff Raven onto the team so you could retell the Trigon story. The down side is ofc I am getting exposed to more of your writing.

And lets be clear about one thing, I am only ripping you because you came to a book that I was reading and pissed on everything I used to like about it. So please, you have have all the well-whishes for success, happiness, sunshine and flowers from me; as long as you keep far away from stuff I like.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

LMAO at "Lardvenger". I'm 14 and I find that immature.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: I am. Add me to it whenever you want.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: she isn't getting more and more powerful,she got supercharged from the solar bathing she did,that's it.kon doesn't need to be as powerful as superman,he only needs to be powerful enough to stop Kara in her tracks,and he is.

Scott_Lobdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside: And lets be clear about one thing, I am only ripping you because you came to a book that I was reading and pissed on everything I used to like about it. So please, you have have all the well-whishes for success, happiness, sunshine and flowers from me; as long as you keep far away from stuff I like.

Me: I realize this is pointless... but whether you loved every previous issue of Teen Titans before the relaunch (and there were many excellent issues) doesn't change the fact that I was charged with launching a book that began with first introduction of the team: taking into account the fact that the previous incarnations of Superboy and Kid Flash (alone) could no longer exist.

That meant I had to make some very difficult choices, some of which (maybe many of which) you did not agree with. The idea that I am "pissing" on things you like makes as much sense of saying J.J. Abrams is "pissing" on STAR TREK because he didn't cast William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy in the roles of young Kirk and Spock -- or that he didn't use the same scripts for the movies.

Twenty four issues in and you're still railing against me because I didn't make the same choices you would have made if you had gotten the job instead of me?

Here, your welcome to the last word.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By stephens2177

Hey Scott I like your changes,mostly for Superboy,and i for one totally understand the fact you were put in a spot to have to change many characters.

Hey have you heard about if RB Silva is leaving the Superboy book,and who is replacing him?

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: do I have to explain this every time to you? She didn't get more powerful,she was in space absorbing unfiltered solar energy for awhile,and while she is dying from kryptonite(which is still happening to her),so it was a boost because of her absorbing solar energy,while her body is at its lowest,so it was kinda like a cancer patient getting a big shot of morphine.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: do you hear yourself,your saying she is getting more powerful the more she is dying,that's silly.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hyped. Even if I don't think Lobdell's dialog is completely up to par, his ideas for Superman are sound, and I liked H'El on Earth despite its flaws.

I'm ready for round two. And Superboy must take Jon Lane Kent's costume. HE MUST.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: im not calling you stupid,your just not piecing the story together correctly.

Kara got stopped by kon

Superman needs to counter balance things,or they will collapse under their own weight

Kara got poisoned by kryptonite,and is dying,but she also absorbed full unfiltered solar energy in space,so she is super charged,which is making her feel more powerful,and farther from death,but both are not true.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosismad: also excited for a return to krypton,but kon doesnt need jons suit,all he needs is his tron suit with NO tron lines,then add his titans of tomorow superman red belt,and his second suit in his original series red gloves(btw check my images for examples).

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: ok do you understand the difference between a power up,and a power upgrade?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@scott_lobdell: It might come to you as a surprise, but like you, I know that arguing with you is futile. Since it's obvious your writing is not being affected by it.

What I call 'pissing' in this case is that you took a team and its characters that had a long established tradition for considering each other family, regardless of how much they occasionally annoyed each other, and turned it into a school filled with bickering members of the special needs class. Then there's all the plot threads you keep leaving around with seemingly no intention of following up on, such as Skitter (remember her?), this Tim going nuts business (though it's pretty hard to tell when it's the Joker within that's out or not since you write him as pretty unlikable on a normal basis). And finally it's just the consistently poor quality of the stories you pump out, which becomes especially glaring when you're just retelling other people's stories.

So Scott, if you really want to devote all your time to write Superman, no skin off my back, I will wish you luck. But please stop pretending you're as invested in the Titans.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By stephens2177

@powerwoman: ugh,power up is what superman does when he flies close to the sun,thats pretty much the same for her and her space solar energy bath,a power upgrade is like superman receiving a new power,or going from golden age levels to modern age levels,she didnt do that.all she did was take advantage of what kryptonians can do,and thats absorb more solar energy.and yeah it makes them more powerful,but its only for aslong as they hold that energy charge.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By stephens2177

@powerwoman: ok,fine,next you will say she can fly backwards and stop time.

When kryptonians absorb more solar energy they get more powerful,that is where your power up came from.same thing or how she has powers at her level in the first place,she was orbitting the sun for like three decades.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: all three of them are getting more powerful,kara,kal,amd kon has stated as much.not to mention skill has made them better with their powers.kal and kara both can absorb more power to become more powerful at anytime.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: of course he isnt like kara,she is a solar absorber,kon is all psionic.his body is its own power source,probably builds its own charge up,kinda like Damage did pre flashpoint,he was a bio fusion reactor,maybe kon is the psionic version of that.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177: Ok..

just a question,what are you think about PC superman withstand big bang feats?

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/pc-superman-even-can-survival-big-bang-1456568/#42

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is, BY FAR, the most interesting topic I've read in a long time. So much going on..

I, personally, am looking forward to this event. Although I wasn't the biggest fan of Lobdell's work on Superboy, I did still read the series and enjoyed many aspects of it.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#138  Edited By Mucklefluga

This thread has so much bant.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mucklefluga: Yeah not gonna lie, I let myself and events get out of hand.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: I'm ok with it being in the past,but present superman should be the most powerful,but not god level powerful IMO.

rrodri93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I've been really entertained by this thread. I think it's great that Scott Lobdell has stuck around so long to reply to the posters although not being a particularly good sport about it.

Unfortunately, I'm not looking forward to either of these stories. To agree with TDK_1997, Lobdell's work post New-52 has just been poor quality, especially Teen Titans. Seven issues in I cancelled my subscription and gave the books away because it wasn't going anywhere. Almost 2 years in now and the team still feels like it's "forming."

I also really don't want to see Scott Lobdell visit the past. He is so bad when it comes to origins and the fact that he says "the ramifications of this story are going to be rippling through the Superverse for months to come," just spells bad news. His problem is that he has to tinker with the character's too much and this makes me nervous because Superman has not had a great post New-52 career. We don't need rippling ramifications, we need good solid stories to show who the character is now and where he is headed.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Up, I'll back you up all the way.

delete my posts clear there

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... um... how about them Yankees?