• 124 results
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By dernman

@stephens2177: yes to him being a bad idea.

Nope to the story idea. I want it to be more contained and I don't want Kryptonians to be made out to be bad guys

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dernman: no to him being a bad idea.

I actually liked the "potential" we saw during the new krypton storylines before the reboot.

But how will the DCU sustain a entire planet of kryptonians?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By dernman

@stephens2177: Definity yes to him being a bad idea

I didn't I liked them like that I prefer them as a neutral society.

They won't have too. Kyrpton will go kablooey at the end of the arc. They pretty much said so in an interview.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By stephens2177

@dernman: he isnt a bad idea,he just isnt as good as CADMUS being the origin of Superboy.

Oh its gonna blow up for sure,no doubt,but hopefully we see hate,disgust,or fear when Superboy lands on the planet.

Oh and i think jor-el is going to push the D day button.

Krypton has zod,doomsday,h'el,eradicator,sanctuary,anymore villians from that planet?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: any idea when DC will realise the solitas for October ? Because I want to know how long jim lee will be on art duty s for superman unchained.

Scott_Lobdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Scott_Lobdell

Lardvenger, I am always surprised how thin-skinned the most vocal haters are.

You posted your thoughts, I posted mine. (Isn't that the difference between a message board and a direct message or an email?)

You can dislike my writing until the cows come home and then spend the night out in the barn insisting to the cows how horribly untalented I am until they fall asleep standing up and topple over. You are welcome to your opinion.

Similarly (this is going to sound crazy to you... wait for it...) I am entitled to my own opinion. About comics, about fandom, even about you and your postings.

If you want to scream into your pillow every night about how terrible I am, who am I to comment on it? But if you are going to publicly then why should I not be allowed to join in the discussion?

Today is July 4th, Independence Day here in the States, where we celebrate (in part) the freedom of open dialogue -- even with (maybe especially with) people we disagree with.

So God Bless America. And God Bless you, Lvenger.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By stephens2177

: @scott_lobdell: happy 4th to you Scott.Hey it's funny that kon will be hated by kryptonians in one annual,and by Jon in the other,his existence alone brings it out in ppl.

@PowerWoman: your getting a lil to technical,power,as in lifting,hitting,can be a purely physical,or purely energy power,but in the end of the day it's still lifting and hitting.THIS superboy can match a kryptonian like no other superboy could in the past.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

This is where you always lose me.

I respect your career, I respect your writing (In fact, I've bloody well enjoyed a hell of a lot of it). But time and time again, to come in here, and essentially act like a juvenile whilst insulting one of your own paying readers in this manner is... tactless and honestly just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

You're a fantastic writer, and you've donated a lot of creativity to the genre. But you're also unprofessional and distinctly hypocritical, and ultimately as an aspiring writer, it's kinda disgraceful.

@lvenger got your back buddy.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are too many Kryptonians now. What ever happened to Kal-El being the last son of Krypton. It kinda hurts the character if there are a ton of these dudes flying around everywhere.

Avatar image for stayclassymarvel
StayclassyMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I can't think of a single writer working currently who gets away with the ludicrous amount of exposition that Lobdell does. If you don't understand what's going on, don't worry! Clark's inner monologue will explain every minute detail! In every panel! On every page! Forever!

Hahahahaha so true

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: I get what you mean, but this still seems like it could be pretty cool.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: superboy is a BOY,superman is a MAN,there will be differences in power levels,BUT a kryptonian BOY,and a super BOY would have the same level of power,just different power sets.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By stephens2177

@powerwoman: LOL,you crack me up,just as much as when kon grabbed Kara's fist and blasted her,after he let her punch him like a crazed animal,then stopped her cold.like I said real funny.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By stephens2177

@powerwoman: MAN and BOY are different,just like MAN and GIRL are different.

If clark was the same age as kon,a teen,kon would tear him apart,maybe literally.BOY or GIRL cant beat MAN,but BOY can equal GIRL or MAN at BOYs age,you got that?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: This is awesome, but how long do you think it will last?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: MAN and BOY are different,just like MAN and GIRL are different.

If clark was the same age as kon,a teen,kon would tear him apart,maybe literally.BOY or GIRL cant beat MAN,but BOY can equal GIRL or MAN at BOYs age,you got that?

Yup! I wrote it down on the chalkboard!
Yup! I wrote it down on the chalkboard!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@scott_lobdell: OK let me stop you right there. Did I in my reply to you say you couldn't object to and comment on my posts? NO of course not. But I said you should not be doing it in a way that is offensive and childish towards each other. See, that's the good thing about Comicvine. We discuss things in a reasonable way without things getting too out of hand. And calling me 'Lardvenger' isn't the way you address somebody. You wouldn't do it in real life (call someone names) and it's not right to do it on here. You're showing yourself and DC Comics, my favourite comic book company, up with your hypocritical, unprofessional behavior. I suggest you rectify it so that when you next celebrate your independence to converse with people you disagree with, you do so in a respectful manner. Hope you enjoyed your Independence Day.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Usually in the second week of each month. DC are the first to release their solicitations usually.

@drgnx:No idea. You can always ask Mr Mature here and see if you get a response.

@backflip Thanks mate, I appreciate it. But honestly he's showing himself up here with his behaviour that all I have to do is point it out to him. But thanks for having my back.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#75  Edited By Decoy Elite

Wow, calling customers names, what a new and unique way to get me to not buy a book.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Not sure what happened,But dont get angry

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Not getting angry at all. Just showing Mr Lobdell where he's going wrong.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So are they going to Viltrumize the Kryptonians?

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@scott_lobdell said:

Disparaging the usernames of others is now a legitimate debating technique?

In the United States I was born and raised in, there is such a thing as tact, something which many of us pride ourselves on. Evidently, this is not an American trait you hold dear.

Indeed, God Bless America, and may He show mercy upon all those who willfully disparage others and then have the audacity to praise His name only a few sentences later.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@illuminatus: For me, a writer should not be so, I am very disappointed

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Everything that has been written by Lobdell so far in the New 52 is just atrocious and that's why I dumped Action Comics right now and I will be dumping Superman also.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Lvenger

@powerwoman: Yes he is the writer that gave Superman the 5 day Earth benching feat. As for the aircraft carrier, Superman couldn't have exerted all that force in stopping the carrier otherwise it would have broken from the force exerted. He had to hold back and ease it to the ground.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: If it helps, Action Comics will be written by Greg Pak in October and I hear Superman Unchained is good. I'll be reading it tomorrow so I should know for myself how good it is.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@lvenger: I am waiting for Pak to step over because I can't stand Lobdell's stories.It doesn't feel like the Superman I like and just has so many plot holes and unexplained stuff.His work is decent and nothing more.Even when he is supposed to do something great it is below average.

And for now Superman Unchained will be the only Superman book I will be reading.The first issue was pretty good and I want to see what will come next.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Good to hear that. Looking forward to reading it!

Avatar image for captainlantern76
CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@lvenger: Krypton? Returning? IMO that would not be a good decision.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainlantern76: In terms of the consequences for the DC Universe or as a story idea?

Avatar image for captainlantern76
CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@lvenger said:

@captainlantern76: In terms of the consequences for the DC Universe or as a story idea?

Mainly the first, but also the second to an extent.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

As a person who prefers to read good comics, I wish Mr. Lobdell would depart the lands of Teen Titans... since he is obviously not interested in doing anything creative with it. And I find it so weird it sells as many physical copies as WW.

And now this, the return of Prime...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

You're normally a pretty reasonable debater, I'm surprised you took offense to his comments, they didn't seem overly negative, and seemed mot defensive than offensive.

Wow! I'm kind of honored that I can be someone's "least favourite writer". I admit, it doesn't have the same glow as "Writer of the Year" (Thank you, WIZARD magazine, wherever you are!) -- but just to be able to excel at something is nice!

I will admit though that it is odd reading a lot of the abuse being hurled at this story before it has been written... even though what we're doing has never been done before in the 75 year history of the title, it is being dismissed as hackneyed, derivative, etc... which (as someone who is writing it and had to spend months battling for all the major turning points in the story) I can tell you that there really hasn't been a story like this, ever. And the ramifications of this story are going to be rippling through the Superverse for months to come.

Here's the thing: I loved the first half hour of MAN OF STEEL (I loved it all, but I'm talking about the first half hour now) because it offered us a Krypton we've never seen before! I can't be the only one who has ground tired of Kryptonians in tunics and hover cars in their Fortress of Solitude-looking cities. Snyder's Krypton felt so new and vital and quirky as heck with its blend of dragons and flying and laser cannons! I loved watching Jor El suit up and fight on behalf of his wife and newborn child (Go Russel Crowe) -- the man deserves way more than the short shrift he's gotten as the "Sky is falling" cameos over the years.

Imagine if someone came to Earth and filmed a documentary about Manhattan and took it back to their planet and people studied it for 75 years and said "Ah, so this is what Earth is like!". It wouldn't be very accurate.

I propose that everything we've seen about Krypton over the last 75 years represents about 3% of the glory and majesty and tragedy and sheer awesomeness of the planet that gave birth to everyone's favorite Superman. And I'm eager and excited to explore the other 97% of Krypton in the New 52!

Sure, there is the PooPoo Squad who wake every day, eager to poo on any story based on little or no information at all... but for the rest of us?

I can't wait!

Welcome to CV. I'm glad to see that there are artists willing to mingle with fans. The Story sounds interesting. I would question if this this takes away from Superman's appeal as the last son of krypton but I guess that was lost during the revelation of Kandor long ago anyways...

Also, don't bother responding to the negative comments unless they have actual reasons, ... every person you respond to will encourage more, its like the hydra.

I don't think you responses were overly negative, but I would personally rather see you engaging individuals who are actually interested in exploring your vision of the character, it will make your stay at comicvine much more enjoyable.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I can't think of a single writer working currently who gets away with the ludicrous amount of exposition that Lobdell does. If you don't understand what's going on, don't worry! Clark's inner monologue will explain every minute detail! In every panel! On every page! Forever!

Scott Snyder?

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ms__omega
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: Lardvenger doesn't seem offensive to you? I have a right to defend my ground from people who engage with me in a childish and immature way. Did you actually read his comments? In what way are they not offensive?

Scott_Lobdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Mr. Mature" is not name-calling, "Lardvenger" is.

Got it!

And Outside, for the first six months you swore that when your subscription was over you were moving on from Titans and you would end your constant crusading against me. Clearly you are still reading the book and clearly you just can't resist slamming me or the book no matter the occasion. Seriously, you have to have something more going on in your life, no? Real life friends? Family that might encourage you to step away from the keyboard once and a while and understand that you don't have to constantly rip on a total stranger so that you can feel better about yourself?

It is going on two years now that I've been writing the book. Don't you think is enough time spent sliming me?

Let's say, between Twitter, Comicvine and CBR you average say, three posts a month with your slams against me. At 24 months that is about 76 posts you've dedicated to disparaging me. I dare say you've made your point.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_lobdell: Oh this is absolutely rich. Absolutely brilliant. You've literally mistaken me for someone else. This is golden. Excuse me whilst I have a giggle. Right. You've mistaken me for someone else Scott. I have no idea who this Outside person you're referring to is but he is not me. I never bought Teen Titans nor Red Hood and The Outlaws. I stayed clear away from those as I wanted to spend my money on comics I'd actually enjoy reading. Nor do I have a CBR account. I do have a twitter account but it is not the one you seem to think it is. I'll provide a link to it so you can check the tweets and find that none of them are on a crusade against you and that I'm not the same guy as this Outside person: https://twitter.com/lwsseymour

Also here's my pull list: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/lvenger/lists/my-pull-list/17610 and my comic book collection: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/lvenger/lists/my-comic-book-collection/17611 I think you'll find that none of your series are in my collection. I find this absolutely hilarious that you think I'm someone else. It seems you have an agenda with this guy and somehow think it's me. Sorry but you are sadly mistaken. I am not the same guy. I am just someone else who is not a fan of your writing.

As for the personal insults, nice. Very mature. You're showing yourself up now and this is getting disgraceful on your end. Insinuating that I don't have any real life friends or spend time with the family is downright antagonistic Mr Lobdell. And quite frankly I take offense to this very much. I can assure you that I spend my time doing plenty of other things than simply ripping on writers I don't like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_lobdell:

@lvenger said:

@drgnx: Lardvenger doesn't seem offensive to you? I have a right to defend my ground from people who engage with me in a childish and immature way. Did you actually read his comments? In what way are they not offensive?

Okay I missed Lardvenger that was uncalled for; the rest of the post is a rather long-winded way of saying you're both entitled to your own opinion. Yes, its elaboration is inherently condescending, but hardly flame-level ...

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say this, if that's the new Superboy Prime, at least they're dropping the meta-joke aspect of that character and playing it straight.