Krypton Returns to the DC Universe and Superboy vs Superboy

• 124 results
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It seems my least favourite Superman writer, Scott Lobdell, will be kicking off the storyline he teased back in Superman #0 - Every End Has a Beginning.... Now this is just a rumour with no official confirmation from Bleeding Cool but they've been right about a lot of things so far. Anyway, at the end of H'El on Earth, H'El ended up in the past on Krypton. And it seems in Action Comics Annual 2 that a Krypton Returns storyline will be coming in October.

Also, in the second Teen Titans Annual, Superboy will be fighting Superboy. AKA Jon Lane Kent, the Superboy of the future vs the present New 52 Superboy. Here's the info

ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #2

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL

Art by KENNETH ROCAFORT, DAN JURGENS and NORM RAPMUND

Cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT

On sale OCTOBER 30 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

Part 1 of “KRYPTON RETURNS,” continuing next month! What does this mean to the Universe? Superman, Supergirl and Superboy are enlisted by the Oracle to go back to their homeworld and correct what the villainous H’El has done! This epic adventure spans eons, from Krypton’s savage past of Clones to the very minutes before Kal-El’s ship is sent into space! You only think you know what happened in the last days of Krypton!

TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #2

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL

Art by ANGEL UNZUETA and ART THIBERT

Cover by EDDY BARROWS and • EBER FERREIRA

On sale OCTOBER 30 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

Leading into next month’s landmark issue #25, the Teen Titans continue their trip through time as the team must confront Jon Lane Kent, the Superboy of the future, who could one day wipe out the most powerful heroes on Earth. Can the Titan’s Superboy defeat the man he was cloned from by Harvest?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lvenger

Any thoughts on this Superman fans of the Vine?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

their version of prime?

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KnightRise

Hey Jon Lane Kent's costume looks like the classic Superboy!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I can't think of a single writer working currently who gets away with the ludicrous amount of exposition that Lobdell does. If you don't understand what's going on, don't worry! Clark's inner monologue will explain every minute detail! In every panel! On every page! Forever!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By z3ro180

@lvenger: Not a big fan of Jon Kent's costume ( yeah Jon Lent giving a character two last names is dumb IMO ) anyway I want to see if Jon has more powers other than TK and how powerful he is compared to Superboy plus I want to see Clarks reaction to meeting his future son. I'm a bit gutted that its lobdell doing this story because I was looking forward to diggle a awesome writing and Daniels awesome art. Also eddy barrows isn't a great artist IMO I would rather prefer Rocafort doing the art.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: was their any solicits for superman unchained ?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Apparently Jon Kent is more powerful than Superman and Superboy in turn has the potential to be more powerful than Jon Kent. Won't ever come to that though.

@w0nd said:

their version of prime?

Not sure. If he whines a lot, it will be.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmashBrawler

That "Krypton Returns" story feels somewhat familiar...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: so basically they are somewhat matched .

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually find this very interesting (Both of them) I like the classic costume look.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: Because the first one is a Superman story and Superboy is a member of the Superman family. Plus both stories are written by the same writer and play off threads from Superboy. Also I said it was Jon Kent in the OP.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lvenger
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

after seeing Jon's costume I'm kind of hoping that he kills Superboy and feels so horrible about it that he joins the Teen Titans and that his personality is more like Pre52 Superboy's

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

I actually find this very interesting (Both of them) I like the classic costume look.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good,I want more kryptonians(atleast for a lil while),and the battle of the Superboys

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RDClip

meh, Scott Lobdell isn't a great writer (just an okay one) so I can't get excited for anything he does. And I'm opposed to the idea that Superman can have children with a normal human, it add a level of tragedy to his relationship with Lois. I'd rather see an alternate universe future child with Wonder Woman.

Scott_Lobdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! I'm kind of honored that I can be someone's "least favourite writer". I admit, it doesn't have the same glow as "Writer of the Year" (Thank you, WIZARD magazine, wherever you are!) -- but just to be able to excel at something is nice!

I will admit though that it is odd reading a lot of the abuse being hurled at this story before it has been written... even though what we're doing has never been done before in the 75 year history of the title, it is being dismissed as hackneyed, derivative, etc... which (as someone who is writing it and had to spend months battling for all the major turning points in the story) I can tell you that there really hasn't been a story like this, ever. And the ramifications of this story are going to be rippling through the Superverse for months to come.

Here's the thing: I loved the first half hour of MAN OF STEEL (I loved it all, but I'm talking about the first half hour now) because it offered us a Krypton we've never seen before! I can't be the only one who has ground tired of Kryptonians in tunics and hover cars in their Fortress of Solitude-looking cities. Snyder's Krypton felt so new and vital and quirky as heck with its blend of dragons and flying and laser cannons! I loved watching Jor El suit up and fight on behalf of his wife and newborn child (Go Russel Crowe) -- the man deserves way more than the short shrift he's gotten as the "Sky is falling" cameos over the years.

Imagine if someone came to Earth and filmed a documentary about Manhattan and took it back to their planet and people studied it for 75 years and said "Ah, so this is what Earth is like!". It wouldn't be very accurate.

I propose that everything we've seen about Krypton over the last 75 years represents about 3% of the glory and majesty and tragedy and sheer awesomeness of the planet that gave birth to everyone's favorite Superman. And I'm eager and excited to explore the other 97% of Krypton in the New 52!

Sure, there is the PooPoo Squad who wake every day, eager to poo on any story based on little or no information at all... but for the rest of us?

I can't wait!

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi Scott,biggest SB fan ever here,I'm happy to say ill be buying both your annuals.

Is this going to be more a covert operation from Kal,Kara,and kon,or will the kryptonians see them,interact with them,and maybe,just maybe have kon a clone of a interspecies hybrid,have some kind of confrontation with them,I want to see how they would react to him,abomination and all.

Can't wait for jon to attack,the Titans are a added bonus.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Dunno, when I first read the premise it kinda reminded me of Return to Krypton. Mind you, I didn't think "man, what a rip-off" as the story does sound different enough, I'm just saying I got Return to Krypton vibes.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@z3ro180: Apparently Jon Kent is more powerful than Superman and Superboy in turn has the potential to be more powerful than Jon Kent. Won't ever come to that though.

@w0nd said:

their version of prime?

Not sure. If he whines a lot, it will be.

careful, he will kill you to death

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No,it was stated that he was as powerful as his father was,when he was a boy,which could just mean he didnt have a gradual buildup like kryptonians do,and also later Harvest mentioned kon seemed to dwarf Jon's power when he broke free,when he was going to be terminated as a flawed experiment by NOWHERE.so I'm guessing not as powerful as superman,probably the same as kon,but he lived for years with the power,so he is bound to be able to do things kon can't do now.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lilben42

What's up with all the red on the titans.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so rooting for Jon Lane Kent to win...

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobdell wrote the issue,he said Jon was as powerful as his father,then later he had Harvest say that kon seemed to be more powerful than Jon.now Lobdell is writing this annual,so he is in charge of how powerful Jon is,NOT a poster on a comic forum.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fight should prove to be interesting

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon should have a huge skill advantage over kon,seeing as though he has had the powers,and trained with them since he was a baby.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lvenger

@scott_lobdell: Excuse me, have I insulted your writing, your personality or you in general on here? No I haven't. I dislike your writing of my favourite character it's true but don't you dare identify me as part of this "Poo-Poo squad." My reasons for disliking your series are very sound and I honestly think that your style of writing is not to my taste at all. However, I would ask you not to be so rude and derogatory to people who have differing opinions to you. You're as bad as Dan Slott is to Spider-Man fans and it's disgraceful to see a writer act this way towards the fans. I love Superman and I don't like what you're doing to him. As a fan of the character, I'm entitled to speak out against what I don't like being done to him. It's not terrible don't worry nor is it the worst portrayal of Superman ever. But it's my least favourite portrayal of Superman in the New 52.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Ahaha! Poo Poo Squad is such a good name... You sure you don't want to be in that group? I'd love to be in a Poo Poo Squad! But then again, that weirdness might just be the Japanese in me talking... Hehehehe!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37 dernman  Online

Jon Lane Kent bad idea in the making.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: you do this every time I comment about powers,and your always wrong.this time you use a pre flashpoint comic to make your "wrong" point.this is the new 52,and Scott Lobdell has every comic that I brought up,including the superboy/supergirl issue,the issue introducing Jon lane kent,and he is going to write the two annuals that will have superboy on krypton,and superboy fighting Jon.scott Lobdell is the deciding factor on how powerful superboy,not you,and your need to defend Kara to the death.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dernman  Online
stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some would say Martian Manhunter was a stupid idea also,it's only your opinion.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dernman  Online

Except in this case Jon Lane Kent really is a stupid idea.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, 90's Superboy is back.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I think Scott's doing a good job with Superman. At least with Scott I don't get bored when I'm reading a Superman comic, I mean, George Perez and Dan Jurgens just couldn't do it. The only problem I've had so far with either of his runs (Superman and Teen Titans) is that he uses a lot of dialogue, it just seems that he can tone it down a little bit.

Looking forward to the annuals, hope that Krypton Returns turns out great and the Titans storyline turns out good too.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman: well the suit is back atleast,with more black,which means evil of course

_: @dernman: nope

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They will get my money that is my take on this

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dernman  Online
LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! I'm kind of honored that I can be someone's "least favourite writer". I admit, it doesn't have the same glow as "Writer of the Year" (Thank you, WIZARD magazine, wherever you are!) -- but just to be able to excel at something is nice!

I will admit though that it is odd reading a lot of the abuse being hurled at this story before it has been written... even though what we're doing has never been done before in the 75 year history of the title, it is being dismissed as hackneyed, derivative, etc... which (as someone who is writing it and had to spend months battling for all the major turning points in the story) I can tell you that there really hasn't been a story like this, ever. And the ramifications of this story are going to be rippling through the Superverse for months to come.

Here's the thing: I loved the first half hour of MAN OF STEEL (I loved it all, but I'm talking about the first half hour now) because it offered us a Krypton we've never seen before! I can't be the only one who has ground tired of Kryptonians in tunics and hover cars in their Fortress of Solitude-looking cities. Snyder's Krypton felt so new and vital and quirky as heck with its blend of dragons and flying and laser cannons! I loved watching Jor El suit up and fight on behalf of his wife and newborn child (Go Russel Crowe) -- the man deserves way more than the short shrift he's gotten as the "Sky is falling" cameos over the years.

Imagine if someone came to Earth and filmed a documentary about Manhattan and took it back to their planet and people studied it for 75 years and said "Ah, so this is what Earth is like!". It wouldn't be very accurate.

I propose that everything we've seen about Krypton over the last 75 years represents about 3% of the glory and majesty and tragedy and sheer awesomeness of the planet that gave birth to everyone's favorite Superman. And I'm eager and excited to explore the other 97% of Krypton in the New 52!

Sure, there is the PooPoo Squad who wake every day, eager to poo on any story based on little or no information at all... but for the rest of us?

I can't wait!

Mr. Lobdell, just wanted to say your Bart Allen is awsome.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh, not really interested. H'el was a boring villain and I don't really care for all this mention of Krypton lately. I prefer my superman to be a more grounded hero.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: nope

Im hoping krypton is still alive(for the next story arc only),and the kryptonians started to travel the cosmos again,and takes over every planet,even earth.only kal,kara,and kon can change things,before the kryptonians destroy the universe.