Isn't it a bit out of character

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For him to.......well......sleep around before marriage? Like in Smallvilled , Superman 2, and such?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Let a player play dawg

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehipkid: but killing villains is SOOO bad in comparison

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@daiohnysis: It's not sleeping around if you have only slept with one person. That said, no. It wouldn't be about of character if Superman decided to have sex with someone before marriage.

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daiohnysis

@erik: to me that's still sleeping around

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Superguy1591

@daiohnysis: He's not old fashioned, he's humble. Since when is being humble old fashion? And if you think people waited until marriage in the 50s and 60s, I have a beach house with an ocean view in Kansas I want to sell you.

Anyway, Smallville is canon to Donner's Superman which was essentially Super-Jesus that's why they made him wait till marriage. Supes smashed Lana, he's smashed Diana and hopefully Maxima is next.

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wel if he's supposed to be this paragon of truth who especially today is questioned, why not have him wait?

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it's not like he was just going around trying to get with girls. The ones he did get with he genuinely loved. Which I think is pretty old fashioned considering how a lot of people act today.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By JakeN7

@daiohnysis: It's an archaic practice that's unhealthy for relationship, and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't impose your beliefs on a comic book character. Thanks.

Making love before marriage is the same as "sleeping around?" Seriously? I'm guessing you're rather young, religious, and a virgin, correct?

I'm also confused about your "killing villains" comment. Are you saying sex before marriage is as bad as killing? Are you that delusional?

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Well it's not like he was just going around trying to get with girls. The ones he did get with he genuinely loved. Which I think is pretty old fashioned considering how a lot of people act today.

Thread/ One of those was even a mermaid,i feel bad for him, he could hardly get to second with her.

This whole thread though...I found myself imagining just 2-3 days ago what i would be doing if i had superman's powers when i was all 'turned on' , developed a new found respect for Clark, Super restraint should definitely be one of his abilities ...Thank God he found Wonder Woman ;)

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: how is it unhealthy? And what's wrong with being a virgin?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daiohnysis: Because it's incredibly damaging to a relationship to find out that you aren't sexually compatible. It just happens sometimes. Not everybody goes together. I find out my friggin' WIFE and I just don't mesh in bed, what am I supposed to do?

Nothing's wrong with being a virgin, it just shows that you're sexually ignorant and inexperienced. That's all. Also, guys tend to use the "saving myself 'til marriage" excuse to explain why they haven't gotten laid, when in reality, they just got no game.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: Hardly get to second? You do realize mermaids have mouths, right?

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I find that very insulting!

And there's no way I would divorce my wife if she wasn't "freaky" enough in the sack.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daiohnysis: Which part?

You're misunderstanding completely, It has nothing to do with kink. Once you start having sex, you'll find out that some people just don't work in bed together. It's like a dance, and your partner keeps stepping on your toes. You just aren't sexually compatible. That absolutely KILLS a relationship.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SanoHibiki

No, this isn’t out of character. Clark is a good guy, with high moral standards, but that doesn’t mean he should be portrayed as a saint with the vow of celibacy.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Old-fashioned means that he holds some traditional values. Like the family eating together, he is a gentleman, he likes to pay for the first date. Plus Jonathan Kent had the sex talk with him(Superman E1 vol.2) :-P

No, this isn’t out of character. Clark is a good guy, with high moral standards, but that doesn’t mean he should be portrayed as a saint with the vow of celibacy.

This.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

It's obviously not out of character if he's done it so many times before.

@daiohnysis: You a christian virgin or something?

Why are people bringing possible religious beliefs into this? I know plenty of atheists who choose to be virgins too.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daiohnysis: yes it is but you know his atitude has changed from a calm always looking for a peacful way get out of things kind of personality to a easly, short temper, looking for a fight sort of supes i mean just look at this...

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lifeofvibe
No Caption Provided

@daiohnysis: so yeah this is what you get when you get the new 52 also his parents are dead who knows how long but long anough to stop teaching him the old fashion way

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Sure, does nothing for her though :P

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: Right his restraint is ridiculous. He could get practically any girl he wants by just flying down to them.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heratu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't he and Captain America be paragons of such morals, since Supes' breaking of necks is "sooooooo out of character" and out of line with his history? If you want him to be some Pollyanna, you'd better be willing to go all of the way.